cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,383 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

the answer might surprise u
Shocky1
2017 pg damari milstead scored 20 pts with 4 larcenous steals & 2016 wing oscar frayer scored 14 pts with 11 boards, 2 grand thefts & 6 thunder bolt blocks as the moreau catholic mariners (28-6) smoothly sailed by the st patrick/st vincent bruins in the ncs playoffs

damari milstead

oscar frayer

frank knight's mariners#
Shocky1
chimezie metu is a bouncy 6'8" 200 lbs 2015 top 50 player from lawndale (ca) that won his league's mvp trophy this season

chimezie rocks a 3.6 gpa & is interested in pre law studies

metu's ecletic top 5 includes world class academic colleges & party schools with cal, harvard, creighton, asu & usc

chimezie unofficially visited cal for a fb weekend last sept with 2 of his hs coaches & 2016 pg colin slater of clovis north

Shocky1

sorry jakob

parentswerebears
??????
Shocky1

after attending the asu game, it has become apparent that major changes within the cal bb program are necessary

therefore effective immediately i am humbly offering my services to recruit & manage the cal bb dance & cheerleading squads...it will be necessary for vandalus to resign from his law firm to assist in the relentless recruitment of qualified student athletes

the key to success will include:

*****mandatory yoga classes mon, wed & thurs
*****navy seal level intense s&c workouts with scott thom tues & fri
*****6:00 am wed timing & endurance session at the lake merritt rowing club with choreographer stu
*****walking golf rounds carrying our clubs on sat mornings
*****2 hr walks with rescue dogs from the berkeley no kill animal shelter on sun evenings
*****training table meals with all food organically grown...effective immediately blondies & top dog will be banned food groups (except for me)

but it won't be all work & no fun...we will travel to sydney (on my dime) for an annual spring break team building week

my guess is that we will eventually be so successful & internationally well regarded that we will make invited guest appearances at the milan fashion week, the olympics opening ceremonies & the united states presidential inauguration

this would be a tremendous sacrifice on my part but you are either part of the solution or part of the problem, there's nothing else

create greatness#

IT Dept Note: This is NOT going to happen.

sun devils lose a heartbreaker...ain't talkin' about a bb game
Shocky1
Hey im all for it unless it turns out like the last time our football team visited California :headbang

I believe we play in a baseball tournament at AT&T park next spring...looking forward to that!

gohogs13, are you bill clinton?

you can confide in me, mr president...i won't tell anybody & nobody reads this thread anyways

maybe we could meet up in little rock & play the alotian club (my favorite course in arkansas, that's actually a backhanded compliment) & then meet some interns afterwards...you don't tell hilary & i won't tell mrs shockster, ok?

damn, riding in the bulletproof limo with potus while nightclubbing would be most excellent

let's roll#

former potus bill clinton (gohogs14) told me he will be attending mon nite's nit game at haas if hilary gives him a hall pass

big nite at haas#
GB54
Shocky one of the ASU cheerleaders last night had arms that were too fat. It was offensive. Can you do something?
Shocky1
GB54;842295138 said:

Shocky one of the ASU cheerleaders last night had arms that were too fat. It was offensive. Can you do something?

you need to schedule an optical exam for next week at america's best

20/20#
petalumabear
I have to support 54 here.... I was watching the game, pulling for the pitchforks and then I saw her as well. I'm convinced it had something to do with the loss. Shocky, this situation just screams for someone wiht your expertise. Why, The Oregon Ducks just received a verbal from a 5 Star Combo Guard ... you aren't paying close enough attention Shockster...

:woohoo
Shocky1
petalumabear;842295290 said:

I have to support 54 here.... I was watching the game, pulling for the pitchforks and then I saw her as well. I'm convinced it had something to do with the loss. Shocky, this situation just screams for someone wiht your expertise. Why, The Oregon Ducks just received a verbal from a 5 Star Combo Guard ... you aren't paying close enough attention Shockster...

:woohoo

did you know that jaquan lyle has a 2.6 gpa, is dumber than a box of rocks & major programs dropped him after he was suspended for fighting?

oregon basketball mission statement:

win as many bb games as possible by recruiting low gpa guys who fight/attack women as long as they don't make any academic progress

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

source with oakland soliders contacts doesn't think dominic artis will return to eugene next season...the opportunity to major in oregon's highly regarded truck stop management program & then work as the night shift manager at the medford rest stop & eventually marry a lot lizard apparently isn't a compelling enough reason to freeze your azz off for half a yr
Shocky1
"jeff has stayed pretty attentive to shooting the ball and staying around and hoping for another opportunity play and it came...jeff can shoot the ball...there's no question about it"

-mike montgomery

perfect moments in life are unique, they should be celebrated...more than this, there is nothing
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=more+than+this+lost+in+translation&FORM=VIRE4#view=detail&mid=42E8AAE7EAFCFC803CF042E8AAE7EAFCFC803CF0

skydiving in maui...do anything you want to do...jumping out of airplanes is fun...overcome your fears in life

walking (only fat azzs play golf in evil carts) to the back tee at the par 4 9th at royal county down in northern ireland with the irish sea winds at your back & the village in the distance

jeff powers releasing a 3 pter into the haas airspace

cal family#
Shocky1
hey gohogs14, a couple of quick questions:

1) how effective & stilffling is the razorbacks press?...cal's freshmen have never played against such an intense d, this will likely be the key to the game

2) do all your head coaches still take key staff members on motorbike rides to build organizational goodwill?

3) are there any hippies in fayetteville?...do they smell bad like all the hippies in berkeley?...do you think hippies should be allowed to vote?

4) what % of your good looking cheerleaders are pursuing a mrs degree & would actually like to marry some successful guy with a cal, stanford or ivy league degree & make babies with them?

5) will any of your cheerleaders be willing to go out after the game with cal's night club hero with deep scoring skills from the vip section, jeff powers?

I'll try my best.

1) It's definitely not as daunting as our 1990's teams were. ULL broke the press fairly easily against us and we had to back off. We are very good at creating turnovers though and our goal is to have the other team worn out by the end of the game regardless

2) Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about Bielema cheating any time soon...maybe one of the requirements was a wife who looks like this

3) There are definitely more than there were 20 years ago. Must be Walmart's fault...Eureka Springs, AR takes the cake though.

4 and 5) At least you aren't going after one of Texas A&M's "cheerleaders" :p

This one might be interesting though:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/patience-beard-arkansas-cheerleader-prosthetic-leg-100913

Also, this still applies to me since my FCS team is Central Arkansas->

air force one#
Shocky1

that would be potential all american guard brittany boyd who led the bears last season to the final four in new orleans

brittany enjoys playing in front of her family (berkeley hs grad) & is the most competitive bb player to wear the golden bears uniform...bb plays her heart out every game with an emotional passion that is both her gift & her curse (less so this yr for the jr)

in speaking with brittany after games in the hallways of haas, she is both articulate & genuinely engaging (particularly to adoring young girls)...to say her fantastic smile is infectious would be an understatement

cal's heavily invested wbb hc lindsey gottlieb says it best, "she was born to be on a basketball court"

if you have never seen in person a cal women's basketball game, you are truly missing something special...watching boyd play at warp speed is like watching a comet descend upon earth

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

good luck to b boyd as she leaders her bears in their 1st round ncca game vs the fordham rams
Shocky1
chance comanche in an elite 6'11" prospect at the 5 with offers from many of the collegiate powerhouses (athletically not academically)...will this be a pure bb or well rounded student athlete decision?

chance started receiving letters from the cal bb coaching staff while in the 9th grade & monty scouted comanche at one of his hs games during the bear's recent roadtrip to smogsville

chance's mom melissa mcgee was an all american at long beach state & understands the recruiting process and will help her son filter thru the barrage of promises from different bb coaches

s&c guru scott thom could be the x factor in chance's recruitment

following up on chase & his mom's unofficial visit to berkeley for justin cobb's ice in his veins buzzer beating money shot over the then #1 ranked arizona, gregg gottlieb scouted/showed love to chase comanche in la last nite as the view park knights (21-5) jousted the central city value jaguars 97-27 (not a typo)

despite weighing less than 200 lbs, chase's length which allows him to play longer than his height, remarkably quick reactions & shot blocking skills has earned him actionable offers from cal, arizona & numerous other programs

after the arizona victory, melissa mcgee noted that "the academic part went above and beyond...i think the style of play would fit my son well...the academics and the coaching, player development wise, probably spoke the most to me as a parent"

chase comanche scored 14 pts with 15 boards as the view park knights (24-6) said good night for this season 58-55 to the renaissance academy wildcats in the soc cal d5 finals

mom matters#
50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including los angeles)
Shocky1
2017 pg damari milstead scored 15 pts & 2016 wing oscar frayer scored 14 pts with 9 redunkulous boards (despite foul trouble) as the moreau catholic mariners (29-6) navigated the birdless salesian pride coached by cal grad bill melllis 61-52 in the cif nor cal d4 finals

damari milstead

oscar frayer

frank knight's mariners#
Shocky1
ahmaad rorie exploded for 32 pts with 8 assists in the washington high school all star game as ar's 3a starz shocked the 4a starz 134-127 in a defensive grind

ahmaad, don't even think about playing imaginary d for td, ok?

253#

Shocky1
taking the oakland airport rental car center shuttle to the terminal after the colorado victory i saw a guy wearing a cal hat so i asked him how he returned his car so quickly since i basically burned rubber in my red (sigh) avis mustang after sprinting out of haas

he laughed & doug mitchell, the successful bb hc at bishop montgomery, told me that like myself he flew in & out to celebrate the sr day festivities for his 2 former knights, justin cobbs & richard solomon...he's proud of both guys (even though solo transferred for his sr yr to price because of a disagreement...both rich & his dad disagreed with mitchell's assessment that solo was a 5, they felt he would be more effective as a stretch 4 or even a big shooting wing 3) & respects their academic achievements...doug mitchell gets it, he's not some dumb azz street agent trying to hook his players up at bb factories (where they are used up like equipment & discarded with shaky futures)

doug mitchell told me that 6'3" 2015 shooting guard stephen thompson jr has a 4.5 gpa (he is competing to become class valedictorian) & has shot 42% on 3 pters & 72% on fts this season for the 24-6 knights...he says stephen is a high character young man & needs to make s&c strides to reach his vast potential

both travis decuire & gregg gottlieb are running pt on thompson's recruitment who has offers from vanderbilt, usc, gonzaga, creighton, asu, san diego state, colorado, boston college, etc.

thompson's dad was a star at syracuse & later played in the nba (guys who played in the league understand that the nba is a cruel biz & that a player's career can end in a split second injury)

because of the thompson's family huge emphasis upon academics, mitchell thinks that at the end of the day this will be a cal vs stanford decision

sharpshooter stephen thompson jr lasered the nets for a career high 32 pts as the bishop montgomery knights(25-6) jousted the oaks christian lions 78-59 in the cif playoffs

stehphen thompson jr scored 26 pts as the bishop montgomery knights (27-6) declared a medieval battle 66-56 against the cantwell sacred heart crusaders

the bishop montgomery knights vs frank knight's moreau catholic mariners next sat nite for the d4 state championship at sleep train arena in sacramento
Shocky1
like virtually all organized athletic teams, there are chemistry & leadership challenges with this year's california golden bears

while our players, coaches & staff are all hard working high character individuals with a desire to excel, they are also very reserved (like moffitt library quiet) & stoic during games...other than matt "the human eraserboard" scherbenske who is the 1st guy to energize guys coming off the floor, our players, coaches & staff seem constipated, frustrated & not having much fun (sort of like a lot of the uptight fans on message boards)...the cal bench should not be as quiet as the cal chess club, it should be as ******* loud as a bunch of on the loose bank robbers driving in a stolen van to lake havasu city for a desperado spring break

smile a little bit, get a piece here & there...i have never met anyone who had lots of sex, an active yoga practice & a good short game that wasn't totally happy in life

the 2013/2014 california golden bears need to remember that bb is a game, a celebration played with friends, this ain't life & death...relax a little bit, channel your inner little kid, remember the good times & fun you had when you were a little kid playing basketball without a care in the world

"today (vs utah valley) we played well, we moved the ball and everybody was loose...i think everybody had fun and that was the key our success...everybody was playing hard and together"

-david kravish, the smartest bear of them all

maturity is overrated#
fun is not overrated#
cal family#
Shocky1
win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who fight on and off the court and also beat up women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene

just do it#

https://api-assets-staging0.s3.amazonaws.com/slide/532e4a13417070241b6b0000/medium/medium_image-532e4a13417070241b6b0000-coalesced
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842295610 said:

win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who fight on and off the court and also beat up women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene

just do it#

https://api-assets-staging0.s3.amazonaws.com/slide/532e4a13417070241b6b0000/medium/medium_image-532e4a13417070241b6b0000-coalesced

Totally agree. Gotta love a poor sport taking a cheap shot at the end of a high profile game on national tv.
On a related note, Altman feels like a slimy used car salesman. Would not trust that guy.
Shocky1

cal family#
Shocky1
student athlete ivan rabb scored 14 pts with 13 boards & 2 blocks as the bod dragons (27-4) fireballed sir richard midgley's modesto christian crusaders (24-9) 74-51 in the cif nor cal open division semifinals

ivan the conqueror scored 26 pts with 12 boards & 6 blocks as the bod dragons (28-4) kicked to the curb 70-60 the capital christian cougars in the nor cal open division finals

lou richie's bod squad will meet mater dei next sat for the california open division championship

bay area's finest#
Shocky1

richard solomon did not pass nurse wicked's concussion testing & will not play vs the razorbacks

cal medical staff is great (this is not a picture of barry parsons)#

let it fly#
Shocky1
jordan mathews, the coach's son, squared up his shoulders for a fiery 5-7 fgs with a scorching 3-4 3 pters & 7 vital d boards en route to 13 pts in 25 minutes with only 1 to vs utah valley

jordan mathews=en fuego

let if fly#
Shocky1
Shocky1
my 1st gf at cal (the it dept here refuses to post any fotos of her) who later appeared in the playboy girl's of the pac 10 issue once told me something about life that reasonated with me as one of life's universal truths

she told me "that you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem, there's nothing in between"

jay john told me that "the meb fund has been in existence for 16 months and through the donations of our donors we have able to upgrade the program...every dollar donated goes to help a meb student athlete in one way or another...for example, monies from the meb have gone to renovate the gold gym in the rsf so mbb, wbb and vb have a branded facility when the has pavilion floor is unavailable...the meb fund has paid for a feasibility study to upgrade the audio visual experience for our fans, i.e. a center hung scoreboard coming in the 2015-2016 season"

"additionally monies have been used for the following upgrades: the player's locker room, video software equipment, new cameras, ipads for all players and staff (to deliver video and academic information), salary bumps for our strength trainer and academic personnel, funding a trip for 50 cal students to the pac 12 tourney in vegas and graphic enhancements in haas pavilion...at some point we will need to renovate our players locker room and lockers also...obviously, the monies are well spent and have directly enhanced the student athlete experience"

benefits include breakfast meetings with monty, preferred tixs to cal home & away games, a bunch of cal swag & another tax deduction

currently there are around 20+ of us supporting the meb...at the #1 public university in the world & the lifetime of opportunities it has created for us, this # show grow to 100+

not everyone is in a position to support the meb but if you can, give jj a call & have a conversation...don't passively wait for others to do the heavy lifting, make a difference

roar a little bit

cal family#

jay john told me that the meb (montgomery excellence in basketball) fund is purchasing tixs for all nit homes that will be distributed free of any cost to cal students

today's cal student bb fans are tomorrow's cal season tix holders & donors

is the time right for you to call jj at the bb's office at 510-642-0361 to discuss your potential participation in the meb fund?

cal family#
Shocky1
utah/ccsf standout & potential 2014 pac 12 mvp delon wright will not be declaring for the nba draft & will be returning for his sr season
Shocky1
this year's california golden bears are dead last in the pac 12 in taking charges on defense

cal's monster class has yet to take a charge this season, that is embarazzing

jeff powers & christian behrens have been the only bears with the cognitive awareness & willingness to sacrifice their bodies for the call

the razorbacks are gonna attack the rim, are the bears gonna move aside or stand their positions?

real talk, hot girlz are attracted to guys with ballz to take the charge

cal family#
basketball is a ******* physical sport#
beast mode#
Shocky1

gametime tonight, baby

this is cal basketball#
let's roll#

let it fly#
NVBear78
Hey Shocky, where are you sitting tonight? We are behind Moraga.

Shocky1;842296105 said:

gametime tonight, baby

this is cal basketball#
let's roll#

let it fly#
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, jabari "alcatraz" bird, tyrone "let's rumble" wallace, justin "this **** is fun" cobbs, david "the smartest bear of them all" kravish & jordan "man on fire" mathews (ricky "unbreakable" kreklow not pictured because barry parsons is removing a razorback elbow out of ricky's noze)

a magical nite at haas, as special to me as the arizona win because of the bears playing like little kids who love the game of basketball

special moments when sammy "the gym rat" singer pumps his fist at the frenzied crowd after a near steal along the baseline & tyrone "ice in his veins" wallace knocking down clutch fts down the stretch and then looking back and giving his million dollarz $mile to his teammates clapping in the backcourt

sat on the floor (thx jj) literally a foot from bill walton & vandalus...had a couple of fun conversations:

***roxy handed me his ipad before the game but i couldn't read the screen
***jerry goff told me that jared is relatively healthy & looking forward to spring ball...currently 200 lbs & targeting 210 lbs for next season
***bill walton tried to sell me some dope (that's a joke, kidz)
***chad nightingale, salesian's fb hc, told vandalus & i that javid best has bought his parents a house & then bought a "modest" home in hercules for himself....while we were speaking, former salesian bb star dominic artis (fashion police will note he was not wearing any green at all) came over & gave a hug to chad
***tackling machine david ortega introduced me to his son who is a sr at delasalle & will walk on at cal in 2015

cal family#
special nite at haas#

even rhianna loves monsters
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rhianna+and+enimenem+monster+song&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=0D4FB569EF0D6849F9CD0D4FB569EF0D6849F9CD

this is cal basketball#

rhianna loves monsters

Shocky1
Shocky1;842290817 said:

m83 celebrates why midnight city is bear territory (don't miss the crazy azz sax solo)

dallas buyers club#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842295024 said:

chimezie metu is a bouncy 6'8" 200 lbs 2015 top 50 player from lawndale (ca) that won his league's mvp trophy this season

chimezie rocks a 3.6 gpa & is interested in pre law studies

metu's ecletic top 5 includes world class academic colleges & party schools with cal, harvard, creighton, asu & usc

chimezie unofficially visited cal for a fb weekend last sept with 2 of his hs coaches & 2016 pg colin slater of clovis north

despite pressure from the usc staff to make an immediate commitment to the trojans, metu intends to take official visits to his favorites

chimezie will play for the oakland soliders alongside ivan rabb this summer
Shocky1
sammy is considered a gym rat, he's gonna be fine

he's not trying to get into the music biz, steal anybody's laptop, smoke dope, take shortcuts academically, run for an asuc office, move back to china, go half azz during scott thom's workouts, find a program that will let him jack up 15 off balance 3 pters a game, etc.

dude is a bb player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sam singer will not be outworked

the grind#

"i thought sam was really good...sam's going to be a really nice player...he has a real nice feel for the game...he had five assists...he gains his confidence shooting the ball"

-mike montgomery
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.