cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,271,538 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
princeton is a highly disciplined well coached team that has defeated san jose state by 15 points & lost to texas el paso by only 6 points with both games being on the road

the tigers are led by multi skilled #10 6'4" 180 lbs spencer weisz (14,0 ppg, 5.3 rpg & 3.1 apg with a deadly .487 3 point%) & #30 6'8" 231 lbs hans brase (12.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg & 3.3 apg with a .410 3 point%)

it was a lazy & overconfident cal team that got out hustled & back doored cut by an ivy league harvard (with huf on the bench) 2 seasons ago on a cold & grim december night at haas...those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them again

the bears gotta make guys other than weisz & brase make plays for the tigers & push transition whenever possible, get the game as up tempo as possible

mikecohen
Shocky1;842423093 said:

so after our family's hike with my dog pack up the mountain this evening, i ask everybody (except the canines) if they wanna go to the moreau catholic game tonight at pinnacle high school (20 minutes away)

taylor & her friend nikki say sure, so we put the top down & drive over to pinnacle while they school me on some new music

we enter the gym & i say "hey, let's sit behind the moreau catholic's bench"

taylor tells me, "sorry, dad, we're gonna go sit with our friends" & they walk over to the pinnacle side of the gym which has a couple hundred fans...from my vantage point behind the mc bench (there are 5 of us) i see my daughter & nikki greet & hug 3 dozen kids at a high school they don't even attend...i realize watching her in action that she's a mini shocky, fearless in introducing herself & socializing with both friends & strangers...taylor may only have a 3.0+ gpa & probably attend asu like her mom but maybe she's gonna be the #1 real estate broker in north scottsdale someday

1st play of the game is an attempted (lob is slightly off) back door ally up slam dunk by cal's 2016 commit oscar frayer...the whole place is absolutely buzzing as oscar is literally a couple of feet above the rim , this **** is getting live

on the 1st defensive series, frayer picks up a questionable foul cal from the ref...oscar doesn't complain or engage in any drama, he calmly just hands the ball to the ref...the assistant football coach i'm sitting with tells me that oscar is very level headed, a good kid

the pinnacle students are loud & well versed with both "oscar" & "overrated" chants...frayer never reacts to the crowd, he's focused on the game

mc presses the whole game (without key cal 2017 priority target pg damari milstead who is suspended for a couple of games due to a violation of school rules) & frayer steals the ball several times with quick twitch hands & high basketball iq anticipation

frayer blocks a couple of shots with redunkulous hops

oscar has a pretty good mid range game & a smooth 3 point stroke (although he slightly fades away)...his free throw shooting is solid

play of the game is a one handed running & then literally flying thru the air tomahawk jam by the junior

frayer is coltish lean & will greatly benefit from the nicodemus intense workouts & he also floats back on d sometimes ala jabari bird's daze at salesian...he also misses a couple of bunnies around the basket

"o" as he is nicknamed by coaches frank knight & jules milstead cramps up & misses most of the 4th quarter in the mariners (1-1) loss but still scores 23 points despite an ivan rabb like unselfish style of play...when a mariner makes a hustle play to steal the ball & fight for a layup late in the game, while coach knight is designing the mariners' d scheme during a timeout, oscar limps off the bench & hugs his teammates from behind while patting his head (which is a total sammy singer move)...dude is a good teammate

mark my words, oscar frayer is gonna be the MOST ATHLETIC student athlete to ever wear a bears jersey in the history of cal basketball...if you don't have season tixs at haas, you're gonna miss some pretty amazing acrobatics by a truly gifted young man...oscar will be multiple in terms of a playing position for coach martin because of his off the charts +1 athleticism

on the way back to the house i ask taylor & nikki what were their favorite plays of the game...the music is so loud, they just ignore me, all i can hear is their laughter

Shocky: I gotta say: For a fan board puff piece, the writing really does affect me. I repeat my suggestion that you write a novel or something. Do I detect that writing about your daughters brings something out of you that raises the ante some?
Shocky1

nurse wicked is not gonna let the bird fly free tonite with vengeful tigers in the haas

meanwhile jb still insists upon taking his shirt off for every examination

next man up#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842422426 said:

who's the best player in the 2015 class?

is it ben simmons of the montverde academy, the current #1 ranked player for 2015?

is it ivan rabb of bishop o'dowd who was the #1 ranked player for 2015 at the beginning of last summer before a minor injury?

bishop o'dowd travels to the montverde academy tomorrow for a nationally televised game at 6:30 pm east coast time on espn 2

apparently#

ben simmons: 22 points, 10 boards & 10 assists
ivan rabb: 22 points & 9 boards

who's better?

j cole: 12 new tracks
BoaltBear
Nice shoes tonight Shocky. But I liked Ty's better. #hops
Shocky1

left to right, christian "bj is proud" behrens, sammy "the ******* bull" singer, chancellor nicky d (and his crew), david "defender of the rim" kravish & tyrone "20 minute workday" wallace

gotta give princeton credit for coming into a loud haas arena tonite & drilling every shot to start the game, that's exactly how yale upset uconn this season

what gamechanging 2nd half plays keyed the bears comeback victory?

it was christian "huevos grande" behrens taking another critical charge, sammy "grand larcency" singer stealing the ball, david "dr rejection" kravish blocking 2 key shots in the paint and cb stealing & floating the ball ahead to tyrone "part time" wallace for the haas crowd roaring throwdown...like arizona, cal's offense is often iniated & sparked by defensive standout plays

it will be disappointing if the bears staff in reviewing the gamefilm doesn't find at least 1 princeton back door cut play that is adaptable to the bears offensive scheme...the brainstrust will be studiously gampelanning tomorrow night's eastern washington at washinton battle for a coaching up advantage

bears gotta study for finals next week at the #1 ranked public university in the world & then get ready to be off (again) to the races

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
so what does nicky d have in common with shocky?

yeah, like me he thinks he can sit wherever he wants at any event...so nicky d & his crew (his wife janaki, a professor of history at cal) show up a couple of minutes before tip off & sit next to me with a couple of open seats between us...we nod at each other in welcome in a civilized manner (instead of my standard greeting of "what up, bitch?")

then mr dad shows up with his 3 young boys & shows his tickets to nicky d & asks him to move...to his credit, nicky d doesn't big time him at all, just gathers all his stuff & moves over by goldman

at halftime i chat with mr dad & tell him it's pretty funny what he did to nicky d...i can tell he has no idea what i'm talking about so i tell his that the sorry azz dude in his seats was the chancellor of the university of california, berkeley

mr dad turned kinda red in embarzzment

open seating#
concordtom
Funny, you should try walking past the fellas who man the hallway portal behind Coach's seat.
They want to check tickets before they let you walk down below.
Punks! It's always half empty before conference starts.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842368060 said:

enjoyed a lovely dinner at the intimate & charming frascati's tonite on russian hill with family & friends on a beautifully clear fall evening in san francisco

after dinner while we were strolling thru little italy in north beach i wandered off by myself to check out an old lady of an undeterminable ethnic background methodically checking the street's garbage cans for recyclable cans & bottles

i say hello, she smiles & keeps working

so mr world traveler says hello in a dozen+ languages, she smiles & keeps working

so i pick up a few cans in the gutter, crush them with the heel of my dress shoes & put them in her shopping cart, she smiles & keeps working

i'm done talking (still hoarse from the game this afternoon at memorial) so we just quietly work together collecting cans & bottles...our pace develops a cadence & rhythm of two hearts working together

shay & taylor drift over to see what their crazy azz dad is doing now & then they start helping her too, the old lady still hasn't said anything...the only sounds are of cans being crushed, seagulls squawking & a police siren in the distance

finally it's time to leave so i give her all my cash in my pockets (just a little south of $1,000), she barely looks at the money & is instead eyeing my green plastic perrier bottle in my jacket...so i give her that bottle too...she smiles broadly now & says something in a language i don't understand

as we are leaving, i take one final look back over my shoulder to see if the old lady is gonna take her cash home & call it a night

nope, she is still working

her indefatigable & quietly stoic work ethic reminds me of mothers everywhere who tirelessly work to support & keep their families together...she is my mom, your mom, ivan rabb's mom, oscar frayer's mom, dwight tarwater's mom, she is everyone's mom

i love you, mom

-your mama's boy

drove into the city tonite after the game...yeah, found my idol working in north beach...semi legally parked the rental on a sidewalk & went to work helping mom collect cans & bottles

work ethic#
Shocky1
ben kone, a 6'8" 240 lbs 2016 mitty & oakland soldier, unofficially visited with the cal bb staff this summer in berkeley

kone played at salesian as a freshman (recalls being dunked on by jabari daily in practice) & last season at mitty accumulated 12 ppg, 12 rpg, a fluid 5.5 apg, 3 blocks & 2 steals per game

ben has transformed his body & impressed the cal coaches with a 26 pt explosion at the pump n' run in anaheim this july

the former skiboarder needs to continue to work on his fitness, ball handling & shots off the dribble...kone is already a ferocious rebounder at the 4, an actively engaged defender with a high motor & an excellent ft shooter (highly unusual for a young big)...in many ways, he is like a young leon powe

ben & his mom kristy are very close which would make the opportunity to continue playing locally at the #1 public university in the world with ringleader oscar frayer & other soldiers a highly attractive option

cal family#
salute#

the cal coaching staff has made an offer to ben kone, his 1st pac 12 offer

kone now has offers from cal, san diego state, new mexico & new mexico state

"anything in life that's worth doing, is worth over doing...moderation is for cowards#lets hoop"
-ben kone

"big thanks to coach martin and the entire cal coaching staff for the calls tonight...we appreciate the offer!"
-kristy kone

jon harris is gonna be frequently making the short drive to san jose to further build relationships with ben & kristy kone, coach do you need any directions?

this is an old school song but still relevant today..."fame and fortune is a magnet it can pull you far away from home and all the stars that never were are parking cars and pumping gas"...not a problem if you gotta a degree from the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san jose)

mitty basketball schedule: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/archbishop-mitty-monarchs-(san-jose,ca)/basketball/schedule.htm

ben kone scored 29 points as the archbishop mitty monarchs slammed the st mary rams 75-66
HoopDreams

All-America Ivan Rabb has been dominating on the court, recently going up against other top 20 bigs and proving he's the real deal
Some observers have stated that the one area that Rabb needs to improve on is strength

Mr. Rabb, let me introduce you to Nicodemus Christopher...

[video=youtube;CdgSgAbTKGw][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842375006 said:

carlos johnson a 6'5" 235 lbs (cuonzo martin clone) 2016 power wing unofficially visited berkeley this summer & in late august received an offer from the bears staff

johson is originally from centralia, illinois & attended state champion shadow mtn hs (mike bibby is an alum) in phoenix last season... he averaged 20.5 ppg & 8.3 rpg for the matadors as a soph

check out this explosive breakaway behind the back dribble & throw down in the state finals as part of his 26 pts & 11 boards
http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/story/carlos-johnson-dunks-with-a-behind-the-back-flourish-in-shadow-mountain-win-030314

carlos played this summer for the oakland soliders, threw down a thunderous game high 31 pts in the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash & will play his junior season for the el cerrito gauchos

salute#

"how i'm spending my time on this good saturday#go bears"
-carlos johnson on attending yesterday's golden bears open practice

johnson is not cleared yet to play due to transfer rules...he attended the wyoming game & is hopefully focusing this school year on elevating his academics to go along with his basketball skills...dude has untapped potential in both areas

carlos is a close friend of ringleader oscar frayer & would be a key commit for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)
Shocky1
astronomy 10: jupiter, saturn & uranus

good luck with finals#
Shocky1

south bender
Indeed!

Best wishes to a super Bear!

To good health and all forms of prosperity!
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;dBpviukqnhg][/video]

Shocky1
best wishes to every student at the university of california, berkeley this week, the #1 ranked (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

http://vimeo.com/45797764

Shocky1
cuonzo martin is personally handling the recruitment of caleb swanigan, a top 10 2015 strongman from fort wayne, indiana...swanigan is known for his relentless rebounding motor & back to the basket power game along with a skillful soft touch from the perimeter with a nba future upside

caleb is 6'8" 275 lbs after losing 75 lbs from his days as a 6'4" 350 lbs middle schooler...at that time he left his family in utah to live with his current guardian roosevelt barnes jr, a former nfl player, who has mentored swanigan's healthier diet & dedicated cardio program

roosevelt barnes jr (also a 4 year player on the purdue basketball team) & cuonzo martin have a strong longtime friendship

swanigan has been offered by virtually every major powerhouse program in the country including kentucky & local favorite michigan state

dude is a smart guy, by working diligently in the classroom during summer school, swanigan has reclassified from the 2016 to the 2015 class...last season he had 20 ppg & 12 rpg at homestead hs in fort wayne

caleb played on the usa team in dubai with bay area superstar ivan rabb & shot an unreal 69.6% for the victorious american team...both caleb & ivan have a lot in common from an outside interests (beyond basketball) perspective...it should be noted that caleb has stated that ivan is his best friend among the high school basketball ranks

swanigan's in homes visits to date include cal, michigan state, kentucky, pittsburgh, ucla, arizona, notre dame, purdue, auburn, new mexico, missouri, north carolina state, michigan & alabama

caleb made officials visits to kentucky & arizona in october and unofficial visits to michigan state & duke in november

caleb & roosevelt will be visiting berkeley for cal's december 28th game which will allow swanigan & rabb to catch up with each other too

caleb went for another double double with 24 points & 20 boards as the homestead spartans won their 5th game in a row in defrocking the bishop dwenger saints 70-43

cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015)#
Shocky1
kinda looking like my pal pat hired the wrong endfield

after last year's 11-21 disastrous "fun & gun" 1st season, andy hasn't proven he can teach (or is interested in) defensive concepts...army scoring 85 points on your home court (usc is in the bottom 3 of ncca attendance for the power conferences) isn't a good sign for this season (6-4)...andy's "fun & gun" get rich quick scheme is probably gonna be more successful in a low mid major league than a competitive high major conference with d minded coaches

losing the stanley johnson (mater dei) sweepstakes to arizona after 10,000+ hours of recruiting attention was a big blow to the trojans program...andy did recruit unlv transfer (mater dei) gunner katin reinhardt (0-5 from behind the 3 point line vs army) who is more interested in jacking up shots than playing d

joining katin next season will be bennie boatright & his dad (both were dropped by the cal staff this summer after a feeling out period) who is also interested in getting as many shots off outside of any team goals

will be interesting to see how long elite pg jordan mclaughlin wants to play for andy before bailing

yeah, my pal pat hired the wrong endfield

this is usc basketball#
DrDanger
Shocky....you are dead on AWESOME!!!
Next time you see Pat on the golf course remind him he is not the league commish, regardless of his Stanford football game antics.....
HoopDreams
[SIZE=3]are you kidding me?
what firepower![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://ballislife.com/nations-best-face-off-ben-simmons-vs-ivan-rabb/[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842360412 said:

who are these california golden bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens-3.5 gpa@tahoma
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands

*graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract...hopefully the bears' future nba players will eventually return to cal like former nba all star shareef abdur rahim, 3.8 gpa@cal, to graduate...patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with duke, stanford, the ivy leagues & the service academies

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

cal family#
50 year decision#
this is cal basketball#

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

what kind of student athletes are cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015)?

tyler dorsey-3.3 gpa@marantha/st john bosco
brandon sampson-"good student"@madison prep
caleb swanigan-will complete high school in 3 years@homestead
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd

diamonds (and a cal degree) are forever#
tim94501
It's going to be a good signing day.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842423988 said:

astronomy 10: jupiter, saturn & uranus

good luck with finals#

bears took a well deserved day off on sunday & are back at it this week with double study halls & practices in preparation for a dangerous eastern washington team

are you gonna support the bears friday nite at haas?
Shocky1
the bears staff reached out to duke & were told his next stop after memphis & duke has probably already been decided by ojeleye...cal will not be pursuing ojeleye

this staff is leaving no stone unturned in relentlessly working to move the cal basketball program forward in an upward trajectory

are you doing your part too?

are you creating noise at haas?

a valid concern of this staff is tripping caleb swanigan for the cal state bakersfield game on december 28th for a potentially low attendance crowd at haas

let me spell this **** out for you, the primary challenge in moving the cal basketball program to a level playing field with kentucky, arizona, kansas, etc. is the necessity for larger & louder crowds at haas...recruits love to play in front of sold out energized crowds...watching the bears on television or pontificating that the attendance is somebody's else's responsibility isn't gonna work

where are you gonna be this friday nite at 7:00 pm when a dangerous eastern washington team invades haas?...if the financial cost of a ticket is a barrier to your attending, send me a private message & i'll get you hooked up (if i haven't bought you tixs before) for a tix or 2 at will call

the time is now#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842424755 said:

bears took a well deserved day off on sunday & are back at it this week with double study halls & practices in preparation for a dangerous eastern washington team

are you gonna support the bears friday nite at haas?

Absolutely, yes sir!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842377643 said:

update: just walked in the front door and shay & taylor shared with me the following email message from daniel kessler:

"Hey Shay and Taylor, thank you for sharing with me the link to your crazy Dad's funny blog and I'm honored he would like to become like me someday. Please let him know that I'm not a dumb azz, I graduated from New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study in film, literature and French. If you will send me your mailing address, I'll make sure a couple of items of interest are mailed to you. -Daniel"

*******************************************************************************************

took my blair waldorf fashionista daughters shay & taylor to the interpol concert at the marquee theatre in tempe tonite (school nite too, dad of the year)...shaylor live concert rules applied meaning dad can't stand by them unless invited to do so...oh well

interpol lead guitarist daniel kessler is an amazing talent that i've enjoyed watching perform in several countries...dude just connects with his guitar & the music

look, i don't wanna complain about my life but driving home with the top down thru the warm summer desert nite & the music still buzzing in my ears, i contemplated my life & its direction and came to the following realization

if cal is such a "dream school," how come i'm not the lead guitarist for interpol?

studying in school & learning **** is a total waste of time...i'll bet daniel kessler never even went to college

let's face facts:

***am i pro golfer?...nope, a good day at the links might generate a couple of hundred dollars

***can i do a handstand?...not even close, just a headstand...my yoga muse thinks i'm a hopeless crooked toed wildebeest

***has the cal monster class thread convinced ivan to become a bear?...not even gonna answer that one

***am i the lead guitarist for interpol?....**** no

throw away all your schoolbooks & follow your dreams

the university of california, beserkly=#1 rated public university in the world (for losers who lack the talent & vision to become the lead guitarist for interpol)

turn out the bright lights#

shaylor (shay & taylor) are very excited re: the signed by all the interpol band members tour t-shirts they received in the mail today...and yeah, kessler sent me one of his guitar picks...now all i need is a guitar & i'm gonna open for interpol someday

big plans#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842325185 said:

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2013/10/meet-alex-pribble.html
check out kevin mccarthy's highly informative nor cal basketball blog for an update re: former cal walk on (and part time starter) & 2 time all pac 12 academic team alex pribble who is now an assistant coach at eastern washington

the only known person who has ever transferred (who did not flunk out) from cal to fresno state (gonna guess that no one has ever transferred from harvard to arizona or oregon either) shantay legans is also an assistant coach at eastern washington...wonder if shantay's mom susan is still calling the head coach with her crazy town advice...i'll bet u $5 the eastern washington head coach jim hayford has an unlisted #...rumor has it that both legans & hayford go to the same barber in cheney

the cal monster class is distinguished not only by its athletically gifted true student athletes with strong academic skills & goals with edgy/fiery competitive personalities but also its engaged but not meddling parents

eastern washington will visit haas on dec 19th

there are very few things in life that i find truly offensive (a by product of a cal education that promotes diversity & tolerance of other points of view & a yoga practice that encourages acceptance of everyone, even dumb azzs) but susan legans swearing obscenities at student athletes during cal games isn't easily forgotten

eastern washington lost on the road tonite to sam houston state 76-52 as the bearkats shot a en fuego 13-25 (52%) on 3 pointers with also 40-29 rebounding & 19-9 assists edges

the eagles upset the indiana hoosiers & also were narrowly defeated by both nationally ranked smu & washington, all of these games being on the road...eastern washington is a very dangerous team & a likely ncaa tournament team next march

ncaa resume building#
HoopDreams
very cool interview with Brittany...

Another thing that comes across about you, certainly on the court, is your self-confidence. Are you as confident in your day-to-day life, as you are on the court?

[COLOR="#000080"]Yeah, I am very confident in everything I do. Everything I do. For somebody to tell me I can't do something, it's going to take a lot. That's one of the traits that I was really blessed with, just to have self-confidence. And I know that my confidence kind of helps other people, just them seeing how I handle situations.
[/COLOR]

What about non-basketball, what are you studying?

[COLOR="#000080"]"I'm doing Social Welfare, that's something I'm interested in. But I'm not really sure what I want to do with Social Welfare, but I know that, if possible, I want to help, especially inner-city communities, and helping middle-school kids."[/COLOR]

Why middle school? I used to be a teacher and a principal, and I worked in elementary schools. But I always admired people who worked with middle-schoolers, because I think that's a very challenging age.
[COLOR="#000080"]
"I think that's the area when you start, before high school, because you need high school grades to get to college. And I think middle school is the area, especially for African American students, that's where we drop a little bit. But especially, to kind of put it in their heads and figure out ways to make them want to stay in school and reach higher education, because that' really important. School is very important, and that's something I have learned, especially coming here and being at Cal."
[/COLOR]
Shocky1
BoaltBear;842423582 said:

Nice shoes tonight Shocky. But I liked Ty's better. #hops

hey boalt, you're not gonna believe it but there's a story behind those shoes

following conversation at a street corner near union square in the city during a cal football weekend late this fall with shaylor (shay & taylor):

taylor: dad, do you really want the diamonds are forever class to happen at cal?

me: of course i do, sweetie

shay: then let's go to yves st laurent now

me: why would we do that?

taylor: you have no fashion sense, you need to get the kanye sunglasses, skinny jeans & boots at yves st laurent, how else will ivan know you're really serious about him going to cal

me: wow

shay: right, don't you always tell us to follow our dreams?...to never let any obstacles get in the way of achieving our goals?...to outwork everyone?

me: right, why then do i have the feeling you guys are plotting against me right now?

taylor (ignoring my comment): then let's go to yves st laurent right now, dad, the time is now

shay: plus kim kardashian will know you're serious about her too

taylor (winking at shay): kim will want to go to yoga class with you all the time if you get the outfit

me: really?

shay: (winking at taylor): and kim will probably want you to teach her how to play golf too...everyone knows she's done with kanye, you'll be the next kanye

me: and you guys don't want anything at the store, right?

taylor: well, now that you mention it, we both could use new jackets

shay (batting her eyelashes): but only if you love us. daddy

me: whatever

shay: does this mean you're all in for cal basketball?

me (with a sigh): yes

taylor (grinning at shay): let's do this!

shay: go bears!

taylor: let it fly!

shay: dad, trust me, ivan's going to be very excited

taylor: we always knew that you weren't a dumb azz

shay & taylor (loudly singing): diamonds are forever, diamonds are forever and evaaaah!!!

and they proceeded to link arms with me as we briskly walked up geary street to ysl (with my credit cards)

ambushed (trap game)#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;awbiF1pGDAg][/video]
Shocky1
cleared by the ncs commish, carlos johnson debuted with 17 points, 12 boards & 2 blocks as the el cerrito gauchos (5-0) hey seventeened the mcclymonds warriors 70-48

salute#
oscar's wingman#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842400631 said:

"if you went to a jc, you messed up somewhere along the road"
-shaquielle mckissic

"it just seems to make great sense with the way college basketball has evolved...we're positioned to attract the best junior college players in the country...we've had some good success, most notably with carrick felix and shaquielle mckissic, and now have another group of guys we're really excited about as well"
-herb sendek

shocky's translation of herbie's statement: "look, nobody with half a brain or a gpa over 2.8 is gonna come to asu unless they wanna work in fast food for the rest of their life, so i'm targeting junior college athletes with criminal records that nobody (other than probably dana altman) is recruiting and then hoping like hell they don't kill anyone while they're in tempe"

what up, tyler?#

full disclosure: my current 1st wife kat is an asu grad including a masters degree in something economically useless...lucky for her she married a cal grad & therefore isn't working at burger king and/or the candy store like most of her female classmates

shut up, shocky#

herbie just lost his 4th game of the year...but it's not all bad news, the team's hotel in milwaukee is not reporting (yet) any vandalisim and/or stolen televisions or **** llike that

ruh roh
Shocky1
What up, Shock?

Good to hear that you finally got the YLS shades, skinny jeans & boots, my man.

You wanna hang with Kim, you a dumb azz, them Kardashians are a pain in the azz always lookin' in the mirror every 10 secs.

Them Cal Bears have always been my home team. Can you do me a solid & tell that Cal band & the sound system dude to start playin' Diamonds are Forever at all home games?

Brandon, Tyler, Caleb & Ivan, those guys are my boyz let's do this ****.

I gotta start going to yoga & playing golf with you, Shock, I'm getting kinda flabby lately. Starting to look like a fat boy at the trap house, not good. Nicodemus be laughin' at me.

Gonna sit courtside with you soon man once I dump Kim & her cray cray family.

Out.

-Kanye
stivo
Shocky1;842425593 said:

What up, Shock?

Good to hear that you finally got the YLS shades, skinny jeans & boots, my man.

You wanna hang with Kim, you a dumb azz, them Kardashians are a pain in the azz always lookin' in the mirror every 10 secs.

Them Cal Bears have always been my home team. Can you do me a solid & tell that Cal band & the sound system dude to start playin' Diamonds are Forever at all home games?

Brandon, Tyler, Caleb & Ivan, those guys are my boyz let's do this ****.

I gotta start going to yoga & playing golf with you, Shock, I'm getting kinda flabby lately. Starting to look like a fat boy at the trap house, not good. Nicodemus be laughin' at me.

Gonna sit courtside with you soon man once I dump Kim & her cray cray family.

Out.

-Kanye

The author of this post claims that they're Kanye West. I have a hard time believing that, especially since the post was written from another user's account. However, I also know that Kanye would probably not write on this board under his own name, and if I were Kanye, I would probably be a bears fan, so I kind of believe it. Really weird, though, and cool. But also weird.
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.