cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,979 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember, the shoes make the outfit!

😍
OdontoBear66
NYCGOBEARS;842451417 said:

That doesn't make it right.

Ain't a New Yorker….Think he wore the same shirt tonight…. I doubt it----that constitutes class in zone….

ps…..Gotta work the Shockster a bit or his jock may get too big….
ianbearnson
what's softer than a soft-azz purple linen shirt? a soft-azz pink linen shirt
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=4]I love beating UCLA
Haas was rocking![/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
lots of heros in today's win over ucla
and no bigger than Jabari, Tarwater and Singer

but in their interview, they seem reluctant to talk much about themselves...instead giving props to their teammates and coaches

Jabari Bird (leading scorer with 16 pts, 6 rebounds, 3 assists): "Honestly, we're on Cloud Nine,"...We're playing like a team out there and it's just really fun to be a part of this team."
Dwight Tarwater (game winner 3) on playing at Cal: "it's been an unbelievable experience, I couldn't ask for a better team, better group of guys, better coaching staff"
Sam Singer (13 pts on 5 of 6 shooting, including 3 treys, and lock down D on Alford) on his teammate: "King has the ability to block shots...what people don't really see is he's a really intelligent basketball player...he was outstanding tonight"

GoBears635
OdontoBear66;842451734 said:

Ain't a New Yorker….Think he wore the same shirt tonight…. I doubt it----that constitutes class in zone….

ps…..Gotta work the Shockster a bit or his jock may get too big….

No, I'm pretty sure tonight it was the fuchsia one. Caught a glimpse on the right side of the celebration at the end.
HoopDreams

[SIZE=4]Coach Martin, "King grew up quite a bit,’ Martin said. “He competed, he battled, he played physical and snatched big rebounds"

7-1 Freshmen Center Kingsley Okoroh has really grown in the Cal program. He has gotten physically stronger, and learned the game. He is becoming an intimidating defensive force in the paint, blocking and altering shots, and just eating up space. In a year or two, you can see him as a ex-washington Upshaw defensive [COLOR="#000080"]monster[/COLOR] type player[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
with Jabari Bird looking healthy again, we are a different team
he can clearly shoot from range and at the line, but he's now growing his drive game, and has been aggressive on the boards

with his height and athleticism, he can take that pull up over just about anyone... it's high, straight and stable. picture perfect

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]Rep the Bay[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1

left to right, dwight "stone cold ice in his veins money" tarwater, sammy "re raidah" singer, jordan "one legged viking" mathews, tyrone "let crash the boards" wallace, jabari "the dime facilitator" bird, the king & david "phantom fouler" kravish

so jordan mathews is on the bench to start the 2nd half with the staff working on him & the bruins are working the bears on the court...ucla is clogging the paint with their d which is the pac 12 scouting report for success vs the bears during the dark ages earlier this season...but then sam singer went off & jabari bird lit up the sky to keep the bears competitive which set the stage for dwight tartwater's epic never to be forgotten skyhigh rainbow arching absolutely ******* clutch pure 3 pointer which punctuated a change in this season's fortunes for the upwardly ascending cal & poorly coached ucla (coach alford's failure to properly utilize & capitalize on the nba lottery draft pick skills set of kevon looney is coaching malpractice, don't think ivan hasn't noticed that) programs

yeah, this was another rollercoaster by a team that stays together, that loves each other & that is learning to battle for 40 minutes with the passionate energy that is representative of the #1 public university in the world

i tried to storm the court again at the buzzer but the suit (gordon bayne, who is a really good guy) redirected my broken down sorry azz back off the court

that's ok, there's always next game...have you got your tixs for the oregon & oregon state games?...do you got your storming the newell court shoes ready for action?...let's do this together, we attack

not even gonna tell you how cute taylor thinks brenden glapion might be, no that's not gonna happen

dad of the year#
Shocky1
ianbearnson;842451740 said:

what's softer than a soft-azz purple linen shirt? a soft-azz pink linen shirt

ian, it's not pink, ok?

dude, it's fuchsia

its' called fashion, look it up#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842384836 said:

[video=youtube;NtaccfH91Ms][/video]

listen to dwight tarwater explain how the upcoming season will be dedicated to the memory of his mom, mary tarwater

a moment of love#

dwight, i also lost my mom mary to cancer too a couple of years ago...there's not a day that goes by that i don't think of her & her magical inspiration for her family and my quest to relentlessly honor her love for me

there are many things in life that transcend basketball but your epic never to be forgotten rainbow arching clutch 3 pointer tonite in the haas pavilion airspace made mary tarwater smile, count on it

sweet inspiration#
Shocky1

j kidd (shown above wearing a haute couture purple linen dress short) has signed jorge gutierrez to a 2nd 10 day contract & told his inner circle that it is his preference that jorge remain with the bucks for the remained of the current nba season

as t-wall knows, jorge is a former pac 12 mvp & cal graduate with a degree, he's set for life

men take care of their business#

OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842451824 said:

ian, it's not pink, ok?

dude, it's fuchsia

its' called fashion, look it up#

Whoa. Maybe the lavender wasn't so bad after all. Fashionista in the front row.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842337843 said:

played today the national golf links of america with my buddies jimmy, the rooster & slim wadie on a sunny & breezy morning in the hamptons...upon entering the clubhouse for a late lobster lunch/southsider in the bird cage, visited with jason kidd sitting at the next table wearing an ugly azz lime green outfit, gave him crap for holding us up several times playing in front of us also asked him if he was color blind when he got dressed...pointed out that my cal golf cap is the correct attire (he laughed & agreed)

j told me that he rents a house for his family almost every summer in the hamptons...after hitting a couple of telephone phone poles on long island a few years ago, he now wisely takes chauffeured rides rather than driving...interesting to note that kidd plays a brand of japanese manufactured golf clubs

forgot to ask j if he's gonna tell ivan to also stay home & sign with the bears...cal grads eventually get the girl & house they want

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oakland & southhampton)

2017 point guard jade smith from st joe's in alameda was in the haas last nite

yeah, jade's got length & makes his teammates better kinda like another dude from back in the day
Shocky1
yeah, tucson's got an academically mediocre university & streets that go nowhere

tuscon is a dump#
DrDanger
"Tucson...the trailer park in the desert"
SRBear
Shocky, you look regal in red, but it's the wrong color for a Cal grad at a Cal game.
MisterNoodle
SRBear;842451921 said:

Shocky, you look regal in red, but it's the wrong color for a Cal grad at a Cal game.

Roll him up
jyamada
DrDanger;842451920 said:

"Tucson...the trailer park in the desert"

There are pockets......Sam Hughes section of town just east of UofA reminds me of Rockridge.
atoms
...minus the Upshaw-type marijuana bust.

HoopDreams;842451806 said:

[SIZE=4]Coach Martin, "King grew up quite a bit,' Martin said. "He competed, he battled, he played physical and snatched big rebounds"

7-1 Freshmen Center Kingsley Okoroh has really grown in the Cal program. He has gotten physically stronger, and learned the game. He is becoming an intimidating defensive force in the paint, blocking and altering shots, and just eating up space. In a year or two, you can see him as a ex-washington Upshaw defensive [COLOR="#000080"]monster[/COLOR] type player[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842146897 said:

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the head coach before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his gear bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom anne & dad steve and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind, he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?

mom matters#

the shockster has confirmed that j kidd has spoken "several times" with young ivee re: the benefits of staying home for college at cal

if ivan decides to commit to the bears, this will be the greatest assist in j's hall of fame career

j kidd=bay area icon & facilitator

Shocky1
Shocky1;842433298 said:

went to the cal's women's game this afternoon as the bears won their pac 12 opener vs utah 67-49

pretty sure that new zealander penina davidson (who scored a career high 15 points with a skillful inside/outside game) is some kinda relative of mine

i dunno maybe i should move to auckland someday with its perfect moderate climate, friendly people & relaxed lifestyle...afterall the chief of the maori tribe told me at the kauri cliffs haka dance pictured below that i definitely got warrior blood in me

would definitely join titirangi golf club, an alistair mackenzie gem (the pasatiempo of new zealand)...just gotta remember to convert the meters to yards for clubbing purposes

the conversion rate from the us dollar to new zealand currency is pretty favorable so i'd probably get a pretty nice crib near the harbor

yeah, then all i would need is a yoga teacher

cal degree opens doors (worldwide) in life#
don't be a dumb azz#

our flight back to the desert allowed me to get to wells fargo arena right before tip off & sit right behind the cal bench

thought about rushing the floor as my favorite bear nina made a miraculous game winning put back from a redunkulous angle (zero margin for error) buzzer beater but the refs wildly waved their hands to get everybody settled down while they checked the replay monitor

the game announcer let everybody know that the basket was good & the cal players, coaches, familiies & fans erupted into a celebration for the bears upset of the #10 ranked sun devils

this **** is getting live

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including new zealand)

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12298030&ex_cid=espnapi_public
Shocky1

at halftime this afternoon i introduced myself & congratulated kristine anigwe from mountain pointe high school here in the desert on her selection to the mcdonalds all american team for the game in chicago...anigwe is a huge recruiting coup for head coach lindsay gottlieb's women's basketball program

so i asked kristine if she ever eats mcdonalds & she laughed and said she couldn't remember the last time she ate at mcdonalds

sorry ronald#
Shocky1
ivan, no you cannot room with kristine next year, that's not how cal works even if you both are mcdonald all americans...she cannot be your dorm roommate, i don't care what you write on your roommate preference form

what's the matter with you, ivan?...you need to grow up
south bender
Shocky1;842452293 said:

ivan, no you cannot room with kristine next year, that's not how cal works even if you both are mcdonald all americans...she cannot be your dorm roommate, i don't care what you write on your roommate preference form

what's the matter with you, ivan?...you need to grow up

Shocky, perhaps you are talking to yourself?
concordtom
Ivan is saying, "Uh, if that's what I'm all about, Shocky, don't you realize there is an endless supply of Kristines at whatever campus I do end up choosing? Cuz, at that point, I'm not really gonna be thinking about her jumpshot!"
Shocky1
south bender;842452306 said:

Shocky, perhaps you are talking to yourself?

you act like talking to yourself is kinda wrong or messed up or something

jordan mathews does it all the time
LawoftheBear
And there I am carrying him!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842368772 said:

ivan, if you continue to become mentally stronger/unbreakable, further develop your already devastating post finishing moves & add perimeter shooting skills, tirelessly work to achieve much needed (by nba standards) s&c strength & learn financial management skills along with a strong education re: real estate development, you have a unique opportunity to potentially live a very glamorous life

but like all athletes, your sports career could be over in a split second, a career ending injury in a blink of an eye...at that point you would need a world class education in order to still pursue & achieve your dreams in life

do you really think slick salesmen like john calipari, sean miller, steve alford or bill self would stay in touch with you if you had a serious injury or would they move on to their next all american prospect on speed dial?...cuonzo martin & his staff are men of integrity, they are truly mentors

your mom wants you to be happy & is therefore not going to impose her will on you, the college decision will be 100% your choice...you are free to pursue your dreams

but you know that deep down inside that tami wants her oldest son to stay home for college at cal, to stay close to her & your younger bro tamarik, to loudly/proudly cheer for you during your games at haas & then give you a bear hug after every game...she is a mom, she wants to keep her family together as long as possible, not endure a long distance relationship

when your mom owned & ran delancy's welcome table on park boulevard in the eastlake district your mom worked a million hours with the hope of creating better lives for both you & tamarik...and when biz hit a hard turn in the road, she did not give up that dream, she gave up the home & you all moved into the restaurant...the restaurant eventually closed but that's not because she didn't tirelessly work to try to make it happen, there is never any shame when we pursue our dreams & quests and come up a little short...and she never gave up & now her new restaurant is doing well & she is building an outstanding reputation for her sensational tasty dishes

regardless of your decision, ivan, your mom is gonna love you with all her heart

so it all really boils down to, what are your priorities in life, what is gonna be your legacy?

even jennifer hudson is supportive of ivan staying at home at cal & pursuing and protecting the family dream

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]Can confidence be taught?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Some coaches negatively impact their player's confidence. Every basketball fan has seen itcoaches pulling a player at the first sign of a mistake, berating a player, or just not putting their faith into their players. Those players get worse through their career, not better.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]But the only way you can explain the last 3 games ending on a different player taking and hitting a game winning triple, especially players who have struggled with their shooting[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]...Coach Martin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Coach on taking the last shot: "if he misses, he misses. ball game. I've never been one that one play makes or miss there's 40 minutes in a game. if he missed it, as long as he puts forth a good effort, let the chips fall as they may"[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842364803 said:

many thx to current interim athletic director michael williams for keeping the seat warm for me

negotiations are moving along with chancellor nicky d & his crew in my pursuit of being named the next athletic director at the university of california, berkeley

among the sticking points:

***my financial strategy of restructuring the $400m+ memorial stadium renovation debt via venture capital investments in start ups along with london & manhattan commercial real estate holdings is viewed as too speculative...the next ad needs to be a much stronger hands on fiscal manager, not a super fan traveling 40 weeks of the yr to the women's field hockey match in tulsa in order to cheer on the team

***all cal non revenue sports would need to be 80% financially self supporting via donations/fund raising within the next 5 yrs, no exceptions, or become a club sport...all existing schollys for current student athletes would be honored thru graduation

***a cal bb alumni game featuring jason kidd, kevin johnson, shareef abdur rahim, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe, max zhang, leonard taylor, sean lampley, alan crabbe, russ critchfield, jerome randle, patrick christopher, yogi stewart, sean marks, al grigsby, richard midgley, michael chavez, ayinde ubaka, joe ship, mark mcnamara, carl bird, theo robertson, keith smith, harper kamp, francisco elson, jamal boykin, larry friend, phil chenier, darall imhoff, matt beeuwsaert, butch hays, gene ransom, charles johnson, roy fisher, michael pitts, ryan forehan kelly, brian wethers, ed gray, lamond murray, jackie ridgle, ansley truitt, jon wheeler, kevin singleton, monty buckley, doug vilotti, devon hardin, richard butler, dennis gates, doug true, brian hendrcks, aj digs, robert thurman, prentice mcgruder, monty buckley, justin labagh & the 1959/1960 final four teams would be played at a sold out haas in 2015...assistant coach slots on the bench would be sold for $10,000 donations, marshawn lynch would be the game's only ref & there would be a halftime musical performance by the souls of mischief in conjunction with the cal band...the game would also be aired on the pac 12 network

cal bb has an untapped goldmine of potential donor support from its highly successful bb alumni group because of its inability to stay connected with former players, that needs to change...every former bear needs a personal phone call welcoming them back to berkeley, that's what great organizations do to ensure a strong legacy (and that's the essence of the recruiting message to ivan, "what do you want your legacy to be?")

***the costly & unsuccessful baseball team program would be discontinued immediately with evans diamond converted into a short game practice area with putting greens & bunker areas (designed by bill coore) for the men's & women's golf teams (and myself)

***oski would be my 2nd in command as the deputy associate athletic director once he gets out of rehab

***my commitment to assist with the recruiting of qualified student athletes for the dance & cheerleading squads has been labeled as "inappropriate" behavior for an ad...asu would be the model, everyone knows the sun devils have the smartest, best looking & most athletic women on planet earth...adios diane milano, you can start packing up your stuff now

***current efforts to secure a cypress point membership for me have proven unsuccessful...this is a non negotiable point as part of my compensation package, not gonna leave the desert w/o a cypress bag tag...an annual pass at top golf ain't gonna cut it

***the rebranding of cal athletics...all cal uniforms, facilities, letterhead, etc. would clearly state the athletic department's new mission statement for the university of california, berkeley: "don't be a dumbazz"

this **** is gonna be live

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

after much consideration & soul searching, the shockster is formally withdrawing his nomination to likely become the next athletic director at the university of california, berkeley

let's be real here, ok?...all i would really want to do as the next ad is storm the floor all the time, that **** is fun

imagine this, nick hamilton & cole welle are shooting around on a tuesday afternoon & they wrap up their practice session with nick draining a fiercely contested 3 pointer buzzer beater over cole...if i was the ad & around all the time i would rush the floor & crash into the guys for a celebration

cal needs to be better than that...cal needs an ad who is not so out of control they just wanna storm the floor 30-40 times a week...no, cal needs an ad who is more disciplined than that, someone who is willing to go to boring meetings and patiently listen to people talk & **** like that

so who am i endorsing then?

i am now srongly recommending that mike williams be affirmed as cal's next ad

mike gets cal, he possesses the necessary street smarts & internal work experience to successfully traverse cal's bureaucratic jungle...he knows 1st hand the skill sets of the department's employees, he is financially gifted to understand the numbers facing cal & most importantly, he truly bleeds blue & gold...cal does have the luxury of time for an outsider to get up to speed, we need a person that understands today that football & basketball are the critical driving forces for the ad's economic engine

williams has detailed to me the gameplay to resolve arguably the biggest challenge facing the basketball programs...i trust mike that he is a man of his word & that under his leadership this issue will be aggressively resolved with nicky d & his crew in the very near future...the time is now

mike willliams got the right stuff to become the next athletic director at the #1 public university in the world...he's not a dumb azz that just wanna storm the floor all the time
Bobodeluxe
He wears white shirts.

:facepalm:facepalm
socaliganbear
Shock- "the biggest challenge facing the basketball programs" attendance?
Shocky1
socaliganbear;842452454 said:

Shock- "the biggest challenge facing the basketball programs" attendance?

attendance is the #2 challenge...i've met with ashwin puri & the game day director lauren carey to discuss ways to increase attendance...my top recommendation is that cal replicate san diego state's (the #1 school on the west coast for attendance) practice of allowing all students in free for all home games...i have been assured this will be considered for next season & i will be following up on this & other growth issues

the #1 challenge contributed to mike's retirement & is a source of concern/aggravation for the current staff...it should not be discussed publicly until it is resolved...mike williams has given me his word that it is a top priority for him to resolve with nicky d

what's challenge #3 for the cal basketball program?

i dunno but probably getting oski out of rehab

in life you can either be a whiny sorry azz broken down little bitch that complains about everything or a problem solver...i'm a ******* problem solver

bears roar#
Shocky1

ivan rabb scored 15 points along with 12 boards as the #9 nationally ranked bishop o'dowd dragons (17-4) were fireflamed for a 2nd time this season by the #1 nationally ranked oak hill academy (mouth of wilson, virginia) warriors (35-0) 65-51

lou richie's student athletes have played a daunting national schedule this season in preparation for the upcoming california state open division championship gauntlet

ivan has already take official visits to kentucky & arizona and intends to take 1 trip in february & 2 trips in march to cal, ucla & kansas

"if i see a school like that and it's the best situation for myself, then i might just go ahead and commit"
-ivan rabb

First Page Last Page
Page 149 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.