cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,482,885 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842461094 said:

Pasternack and Townsend? The wheel spins full circle, the whole 360 degrees.
blungld
Enjoy the Bay gentlemen! Could be the best years of your life--it was for me. Changed everything.
stu
blungld;842461161 said:

Enjoy the Bay gentlemen! Could be the best years of your life--it was for me. Changed everything.

+1

I expect most of us here could say that!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=3]word out is 4 Star Cal commit, Oscar Frayer will join fellow Oakland Soldiers at the game on Sunday[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;TeUAoQ8MnOs][/video]

concordtom
We have previously determined that I am not a disqualified fan. Therefore, I'd like to invite these four fine young gentlemen pre game snack at Blondies pizza.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842384812 said:

enjoyed a lovely dinner at the intimate & charming frascati's tonite on russian hill with family & friends on a beautifully clear fall evening in san francisco

after dinner while we were strolling thru little italy in north beach i wandered off by myself to check out an old lady of an undeterminable ethnic background methodically checking the street's garbage cans for recyclable cans & bottles

i say hello, she smiles & keeps working

so mr world traveler says hello in a dozen+ languages, she smiles & keeps working

so i pick up a few cans in the gutter, crush them with the heel of my dress shoes & put them in her shopping cart, she smiles & keeps working

i'm done talking (still hoarse from the game this afternoon at memorial) so we just quietly work together collecting cans & bottles...our pace develops a cadence & rhythm of two hearts working together

shay & taylor drift over to see what their crazy azz dad is doing now & then they start helping her too, the old lady still hasn't said anything...the only sounds are of cans being crushed, seagulls squawking & a police siren in the distance

finally it's time to leave so i give her all my cash in my pockets (just a little south of $1,000), she barely looks at the money & is instead eyeing my green plastic perrier bottle in my jacket...so i give her that bottle too...she smiles broadly now & says something in a language i don't understand

as we are leaving, i take one final look back over my shoulder to see if the old lady is gonna take her cash home & call it a night

nope, she is still working

her indefatigable & quietly stoic work ethic reminds me of mothers everywhere who tirelessly work to support & keep their families together...she is my mom, your mom, ivan rabb's mom, dwight tarwater's mom, a new mom with a beautiful baby on the way, she is everyone's mom

i love you, mom

-your mama's boy

after this evening's spectacular sunset dinner on fisherman's wharf at scomas with my family, we drove over to north beach in search of my idol

yeah, she's still wearing the same outfit, grinding away at her life's work

we parked the avis suv, got out & helped her in the crisp san francisco evening air..that's what california golden bears do, we help others when we can

cal family#
Shocky1
the targeted 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for pac 12 & potentially national championships...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

davon dillard, top 100 player in the 2015 class with offers from cal, indiana, purdue, pittsburgh & creighton

caleb swanigan, #8 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

diamonds are forever#
HoopDreams
Game Day
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]Welcome to Cal[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Coach Martin & Co. are building something BIG
You can shake the college basketball world here[/SIZE]

Shocky1
christian montaque behrens and his mom andrea along with dad bj watching over his shoulder is gonna participate in today's senior day ceremonies

dude has battled major injuries yet has returned to the battlefield with his indefatigable spirit...christian is respected by his teammates & coaches and is a true student athlete that has always done things the right way in life

yeah, cb is gonna play fast & furious, would not be surprised if he takes his signature grandes bolas charge vs the out of control beavers, would not be surprised at all

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842461092 said:

[SIZE=7]he likes donuts
get this man some donuts!
[/SIZE]

great idea but don't tell nicodemus about it that's for sure
GranadaHillsBear
Great stuff
Shocky1
Shocky1;842377765 said:

down the street from central park is the radio city music hall, the site of the 2014 nba draft

jarnell stokes was the 35th pick overall of the memphis grizzlies in this year's nba draft

jordan mcrae was the 58th pick overall of the philadelphia sixers in this year's nba draft

cuonzo martin & his tennessee staff coached up both of these guys as volunteers on the long road to becoming nba draft choices...cuonzo (a former nba baller himself) is a terrific role model/mentor for young men wishing to work hard in fulfilling their nba & academic dreams

it is not necessary to attend an academically mediocre school like arizona with a 95+% acceptance rate in order to get yourself to the nba, you can attend the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world and prepare yourself in many ways for life's many challenges & opportunities including but not limited to just basketball

if you go to arizona & get injured, you are ******
Shocky1
Shocky1;842457496 said:

my niece bailey (who loves cal basketball) doing a selfie with klay thompson while sitting next to him during the wsu game

are you building your own memories at our palace, haas pavillion?

the magic of haas#

gonna bring my entire family & meet up with my niece's bailey family at haas pavilion

we are gonna roar like california golden bears, that's for sure

cal family#
Go!Bears
Shocky1;842461329 said:

great idea but don't tell nicodemus about it that's for sure

Gotta get that guy to King Pin. He'll commit on the spot.
93gobears
Shocky1;842461343 said:

gonna bring my entire family & meet up with my niece's bailey family at haas pavilion

we are gonna roar like california golden bears, that's for sure

Who's the hottie second from the left?
HoopDreams
Ivan in the HAAS!
HoopDreams
Big Sauce and Dillard in the Haas!
HoopDreams
Frayer is in the Haas!
brj1
I'm here.crowd is loud and enthuastic. people still filing in
concordtom
Nice hue of blue, shocky
...Caleb looks much better in pink. Just gave all four a shout out upon halftime exit.
concordtom
concordtom;842461407 said:

Nice hue of blue, shocky
...Caleb looks much better in pink. Just gave all four a shout out upon halftime exit.

Thanks for photos, boys. Hopefully the first of many.
concordtom
Hey Shocky, why did Taylor abandon you in the 2nd half?
petalumabear
Good job Tom!

But I have to ask. Was Shocky able to convince you to rush the floor with him? ��
MoragaBear
Staff
concordtom;842461482 said:

Thanks for photos, boys. Hopefully the first of many.

Great shot! Used it for a tweet and the story coming up.

Quote:

concordtom
petalumabear;842461521 said:

Good job Tom!

But I have to ask. Was Shocky able to convince you to rush the floor with him? ��

I just want to say that I would not be bouncing off like a pinball.
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
ESPN is on it!

Cal Geek
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4386[/ATTACH]
I just loved the "Come To Berkeley" cheer !
Shocky1

left to right, jordan "alpha male" mathews, dwight "the renaissance man" tarwater, sammy "miami automatic ft" singer, christian"fast & furious" behrens, jabari "mcdonalds all american" bird, david "13 boards" kravish & tyrone "7 dimes" wallace

the bears were getting their azzs kicked by the beavers 44-36 with only 13 minutes remaining when coach martin called time out

the alpha males emerged, guys with mental toughness, dudes who love each other that will not be ******* denied

the california golden bears outscored their opponents 24-2 over the next 6 minutes playing with energy & passion & poise

this **** is getting live

haas pavillion is rocking, davon dillard is gonna go to the #1 public university in the world & tonite is midnite city in berkeley

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
concordtom;842461503 said:

Hey Shocky, why did Taylor abandon you in the 2nd half?

i booted taylor after the slow start in the 1st half in order to get the bears going & also my son kyle in our floor seats, sometimes you gotta shake up the rotation to get the right chemistry

needless to say, taylor was pissed & actually hit me with her purse near the hotdog stand when i delivered the bad news to her but that's ok stuff happens in the heat of battle...i still love taylor

plus taylor is "mad at the bald guy in the suit who won't play that really cute brenden glapion"

whatever
Shocky1
Go!Bears;842461351 said:

Gotta get that guy to King Pin. He'll commit on the spot.

that sound you hear in the background is nicodemus screaming & having a heart attack

shocky eats at whole foods & ol' yeller cafe#
Shocky1
in other cal basketball related news kim k has made it very clear to me that she's gonna dump kanye for kayne jr (me) primarily because of my sincere interest in shopping & going to yoga with her plus she's agreed to caddie & carry my golf bag on future trips

yeah, kim k is gonna be at all the bears games next season...and that dumb azz davon thought he was gonna get all the attention

right

cal family#
Shocky1
ivan, if you continue to become mentally stronger/unbreakable, further develop your already devastating post finishing moves & add perimeter shooting skills, tirelessly work to achieve much needed (by nba standards) s&c strength & learn financial management skills along with a strong education re: real estate development, you have a unique opportunity to potentially live a very glamorous life

but like all athletes, your sports career could be over in a split second, a career ending injury in a blink of an eye...at that point you would need a world class education in order to still pursue & achieve your dreams in life

do you really think slick salesmen like john calipari, sean miller, steve alford or bill self would stay in touch with you if you had a serious injury or would they move on to their next all american prospect on speed dial?...cuonzo martin & his staff are men of integrity, they are truly mentors

your mom wants you to be happy & is therefore not going to impose her will on you, the college decision will be 100% your choice...you are free to pursue your dreams

but you know that deep down inside that tami wants her oldest son to stay home for college at cal, to stay close to her & your younger bro tamarik, to loudly/proudly cheer for you during your games at haas & then give you a bear hug & maybe cook up a quick mac & cheese after every game...she is a mom, she wants to keep her family together as long as possible, not endure a long distance relationship

when your mom owned & ran delancy's welcome table on park boulevard in the eastlake district your mom worked a million hours with the hope of creating better lives for both you & tamarik...and when biz hit a hard turn in the road, she did not give up that dream, she gave up the home & you all moved into the restaurant...the restaurant eventually closed but that's not because she didn't tirelessly work to try to make it happen, there is never any shame when we pursue our dreams & quests and come up a little short...and she never gave up & now her new restaurant is doing well & she is building an outstanding reputation for her sensational tasty dishes

regardless of your decision, ivan, your mom is gonna love you with all her heart

so it all really boils down to, what are your priorities in life, what is gonna be your legacy?

even jennifer hudson is supportive of ivan staying at home at cal & pursuing and protecting the family dream

great to see tami rabb smiling & laughing in the chair backs behind the cal bench at haas pavilion this afternoon with her family all around her...a beautiful moment, a moment of love

cal family#
concordtom
Shocky1;842461681 said:

i booted taylor after the slow start in the 1st half in order to get the bears going & also my son kyle in our floor seats, sometimes you gotta shake up the rotation to get the right chemistry

Ah, I guess I'm blind to "sons". Of course, he's in the family photo!
I only see in pink. (but don't wear it)
Congrats!
concordtom
Shocky1;842461711 said:

great to see tami rabb smiling & laughing in the chairbacks behind the cal bench at haas pavilion this afternoon with her family all around her.
cal family#

2 rows away, next to Dillards.
A treat for me!
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.