cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,548,559 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaloBear;842481359 said:

Someday, we'll be able to assemble a monster class out of a couple decades worth of this thread.

Truth.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842341924 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 6'7" 200 lbs sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce tregg's hs) in bellflower

jackson is a top 50 2016 player that played well this summer on the aau circuit for belmont shore displaying a more aggressive style of play...the unselfish team player has offers from arizona, defending ncca champs uconn along with most of the pac 12...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast

a key factor in vance's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including southern california)

vance jackson lit it up for 69 points in 4 games in the opening weekend of aau summer ball

it is not known if the jackson family thinks tuscon is a dump or not...i dunno maybe they should made a roadtrip to southern arizona this summer, now that would be a little warm for sure
Shocky1
antipattern;842481143 said:

Hi Shocky!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you before, but I think you're doing the "hashtag" thing incorrectly. The hash character should go before the phrase, which is then generally written without spaces. I.e., #tusconisadump. Just thought you'd want to know.

You're welcome!

ap, thx for the heads up

#don't be a dumb azz#
GATC
Shocky1;842482111 said:

ap, thx for the heads up

#don't be a dumb azz#

Pretty funny. Love your content. I actually thought you were doing this on purpose.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842450494 said:

katie vanilla ice looking for her azz...loved it when when the fake model was slapping the ball/crying (again) to the ref for a foul & my boy sammy singer dangled & handed him the ball while clapping in his face with a huge smile before jogging back to the cal bench for the timeout

24/7 candy azz soft whining/annoying trojan#

new candidate for the 2015 season: arizona's allonzo trier

so taylor & i are sitting on the floor at the moda center for the nike hoop summit watching trier jack up shots without even looking for his teammates...coming off a spectacular 6 of 20 shooting at the mcdonalds game, this guy is unwatchable with zero touches for young ivee, big sauce, etc.

finally in the 3rd quarter he jacks up another wild missed 3 pointer right in front of us & i yell (appreciate this is an all star game with minimal crowd noise) "do you ever pass the ball?" with my arms outstretched like kayne in the final seconds of the diamonds are forever video

my pal allonzo looks over at me (he's 5 feet away) & gives me the dead eyes death stare...guess what dumb azz?...shay & taylor give me that look every ******* time they leave a haute couture clothing store empty-handed

did i mention that trier ended up the game with another magnificent 4-14 shooting?...seriously, this guy is gonna shoot the wildcats out of games next season & get an already depressed sean miller munching on even more of them tasty glazed donuts with fuchsia sprinkles

and then trier makes a nasty anti-cal comment (which has since been modified by him) in response to rabb's commitment instead of congratulating his alleged friend

yeah, i'm kinda looking forward to welcoming allonzo trier to the pac 12...count on it

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;DAiBmNpBTII][/video]

Shocky1
SFBear2012;842480571 said:

Way to represent and show him how far reaching Cal fans are

sfb2012, nothing better than experiencing the magic of cal basketball (& fashionable shoes) with those that are closest to you...taylor has blossomed into a fierce bears fan particularly when coach puts brenden in the game...now when i walk in the door instead of asking her "how was school today?" which is pretty sorry azz lame i ask her "what are ivan & jaylen tweeting today?"

if you told me you can watch the last 20 seconds of hoop dream's video in the post above of young ivee's oaktown throwdowns & not wanna buy season tixs tomorrow, i would believe you if you told me you are an ugly azz video game playing heartless zombie (not that there's anything wrong with that, were not here to judge)

the time is now#
Shocky1
petalumabear;842480605 said:

Voodoo is an institution up in those parts. They also have a shop in Downtown Eugene and the bacon maple bars are quite popular. In fact, I could swear I saw a guy in yoga togs with a Cal golf bag looking ominously like the shockster, clean out the whole batch of them the last time I was in Eugene. Et tu Shocky?

hey pb, that wasn't me, that was sean miller, he's got some real mental & body issues going on right now

sure hope sean shares with joe yaks some of those glazed bacon donuts or something

arizona got them voodoo academics...you don't gotta read books or **** like that to get a degree in tucson but then when you leave you are ****** unless you're a curvy yoga female in which case you might be able to catch as a boyfriend/husband a cal, stanford or ivy league grad

dancing is always an option too i suppose

bear down#
antipattern
GATC;842482169 said:

Pretty funny. Love your content. I actually thought you were doing this on purpose.

Don't be fooled. I've made almost that exact post like 8 other times in this thread.
Shocky1

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ivan-rabb-hopes-to-follow-damian-lillard-s-path-from-oakland-to-the-nba-024019162.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

kid from across the street#
https://vimeo.com/45797764
joe amos yaks
Looks like Coach Miller is at his playing weight. I doubt he would share. But if he did it might be that jelly-filled donut topped with olives and cream cheese.
HoopDreams

Shocky1
joe yaks;842482439 said:

Looks like Coach Miller is at his playing weight. I doubt he would share. But if he did it might be that jelly-filled donut topped with olives and cream cheese.

kinda doubt coach miller would make it thru the extreme nicodemus s&c workouts, no i don't think he could do that, not at all

but i do believe coach would get 2 dozen of them heart attack hand grenades at the dunkin' donuts on north oracle...he's not in a good place physically or mentally right now that's for sure

south bender
Shocky1;842482448 said:

kinda doubt coach miller would make it thru the extreme nicodemus s&c workouts, no i don't think he could do that, not at all

but i do believe coach would get 2 dozen of them heart attack hand grenades at the dunkin' donuts on north oracle...he's not in a good place physically or mentally right now that's for sure

Shocky, your obsession with trashing Miller is reminding me of Richard Lee's obsession with Sim of Oregon.

Do you imagine that you are influencing any of the kids you are presumably trying to "educate" with this nonsense?
Shocky1
south bender;842482495 said:

Shocky, your obsession with trashing Miller is reminding me of Richard Lee's obsession with Sim of Oregon.

Do you imagine that you are influencing any of the kids you are presumably trying to "educate" with this nonsense?

look sb, if you are a huge fan of them king pin mardi gras yellow/green/purple glazed donuts floating in a vat of hot oil, i'm truly sorry if i've offended you...really

did you know that tuscon got streets that go nowhere?
watermelon
Shocky1;842482514 said:

look sb, if you are a huge fan of them king pin mardi gras yellow/green/purple glazed donuts floating in a vat of hot oil, i'm truly sorry if i've offended you...really
[/IMG]

if you are saying being overweight and unfit somehow hinders a man's ability to coach, then I hate to know what you say about Cal's own Dykes? I could care less how a coach looks and what they eat as long as they win. And to be clear, I don't eat donuts, I eat watermelon for dessert.
south bender
Shocky1;842482514 said:

Shocky, as expected, you simply attack the person, and don't deal with the content of that which offends you. I take no offence from your fixations.
Shocky1
south bender;842482554 said:

Shocky, as expected, you simply attack the person, and don't deal with the content of that which offends you. I take no offence from your fixations.

thx sb, glad to hear we're all good here
HoopDreams

concordtom
Shocky1;842482514 said:

Sometimes I think this is a thread that goes nowhere!
concordtom
south bender;842482495 said:

SB, can't you see a pattern here?
Shocky is a negative recruiter, attacking all other coaches that threaten him.
The number of conference coaches he hasn't gone after is slim, and particularly those with winning records.
concordtom
Shocky1;842482448 said:

Shocky: This is truly a sad yet funny line about donuts.
However, did I ever tell you about the paper route I had in Montclair as a kid? On Sunday mornings (damn, those were heavy on the handlebars!) we kids would meet at the boxes off LaSalle by the 13 freeway at 6am (Oakland Tribune). After the 2-3 hour route hauling as many as we could carry (on Sundays it often required 2 trips to the boxes, especially for a little guy like me, only 10) to the various parts of town (I was up LaSalle, others up Shepherd Canyon, etc.) we'd meet up at Colonial Donuts and eat many donuts. Man, those are fond memories. I mean, the donuts were delicious! Old fashioned glazed, donut holes, buttermilk! Yum!
Your recent repeated photos were really making me want to order a box of those.
But, you know, as I get older, I really do give a f***. I've not only got kids to raise, grandkids yet unborn. But also a future Rose Bowl and Final Four to attend.
Thanks for helping me get there!
BeachedBear
concordtom;842482603 said:

However, did I ever tell you about the paper route I had in Montclair as a kid? On Sunday mornings (damn, those were heavy on the handlebars!) we kids would meet at the boxes off LaSalle by the 13 freeway at 6am (Oakland Tribune). After the 2-3 hour route hauling as many as we could carry (on Sundays it often required 2 trips to the boxes, especially for a little guy like me, only 10) to the various parts of town (I was up LaSalle, others up Shepherd Canyon, etc.) we'd meet up at Colonial Donuts and eat many donuts. Man, those are fond memories. I mean, the donuts were delicious! Old fashioned glazed, donut holes, buttermilk! Yum!
But, you know, as I get older, I really do give a f***. I've not only got kids to raise, grandkids yet unborn. But also a future Rose Bowl and Final Four to attend.

Love this CT! I too was paper boy in the bay area in the 70's. In our area, the local cops would buy us all the donuts we could eat and grill us about what was going on in the neighborhood at 5am! A few years later, one of those cops let me slide when he mistakenly thought I was exceeding the posted speed limit - but recognized me as one of the former paperboy-informants.
Shocky1
watermelon;842482539 said:

if you are saying being overweight and unfit somehow hinders a man's ability to coach, then I hate to know what you say about Cal's own Dykes? I could care less how a coach looks and what they eat as long as they win. And to be clear, I don't eat donuts, I eat watermelon for dessert.

watermelon, 100% agreed re: coach dykes, he developed some pretty unhealthy eating habits/poor dietary decision making while coaching/living in tuscon...i dunno maybe coach g & huf will start taking sonny to the whole foods on telegraph for some sushi & kale energy juices, maybe then he'll be thinking clearly enough & put 6 tall defensive backs/wide receivers in the endzone to defend the hail mary against them wildcats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3760[/ATTACH] (click for larger image)

but ask yourself, who would you rather play for: a coach that tirelessly works out next to you in the weight room & relentlessly demonstrates at full speed the basketball drills on the court or a coach with a whistle that is yelling his azz of at you while he's munching down chocolate glazed donuts with fuschia sprinkles?
concordtom
BeachedBear;842482621 said:

Love this CT! I too was paper boy in the bay area in the 70's. In our area, the local cops would buy us all the donuts we could eat and grill us about what was going on in the neighborhood at 5am! A few years later, one of those cops let me slide when he mistakenly thought I was exceeding the posted speed limit - but recognized me as one of the former paperboy-informants.

Similar, cops and donuts....
One of the cops I'd always see at Colonial was a black female, perhaps named Linda Johnson (?).
Last time I saw her was on the news. She had been shot in the hand by a robber or something. She said next time should wouldn't try to talk the guy down but instead would pull her weapon. It was suddenly shocking to both see her on the news - that she got shot - and hear her say this.
She was real nice to us kids! I always wondered what happened to her after that. She seemed more like a nice mom than a cop. I hope she had a nice life after that...
joe amos yaks
Shocky1;842482514 said:

Correction: Those Tucson streets both start and end nowhere. Send Coach Miller another chocolate glazed french creuller filled with avacado.
concordtom
joe yaks;842482649 said:

Correction: Those Tucson streets both start and end nowhere. Send Coach Miller another chocolate glazed french creuller filled with avacado.

Sadly, many of the roads actually end at funeral homes. Retired population is vast.
joe amos yaks
concordtom;842482651 said:

Sadly, many of the roads actually end at funeral homes. Retired population is vast.

You raise a good point. Those Tucson residents have several options in the end...UA basketball, tubes in the orifices, or a long walk into the desert.

Ed Abbey ("Desert Solitaire--'Cowboys'"):
"...Roy is a leather-hided, long-connected, sober-sided old man with gray hair, red nose and yellow teeth; he is kind, gentle, well-meaning, but worries too much, takes things too seriously. For instance, he's afraid of having a heart attack, falling off the horse, dying there on the sand, under the sun, among the flies and weeds and indifferent cattle...he told me so...I listened gravely as he spoke of death, nodding in agreement. I did not feel. His long yellow fingers, holding a cigarette, trembled...no Mormon and not much of a Christian, and does not honestly believe in an afterlife. Yet the manner of death he fears does not sound bad to me; to me it seems like a decent, clean way of taking off, surely better than the slow rot in a hospital oxygen tent with rubber tubes stuck up your body orifices, with blood transfusions and intravenous feedings, bedsores and bedpans and bad-tempered nurses' aides--the whole nasty routine to which most dying men, in our time, are condemned."
mikecohen

When I was a teenager, still in college at UCLA (before and/or during the time I dropped out for 2 years to be a musician, then finished my B.A. in music at Berkeley), I would make jam sessions all over L.A., i.e., South Central, Hermosa Beach, Pasadena, Downey, Pomona, the Valley, Hollywood, Malibu, etc. One night, very late, after a heavy jam session, I was driving home, and I stopped at a Winchell's donuts in Hollywood, and got a "Baker's Dozen" donuts, and finished them before getting back home to West L.A.
BeachedBear
mikecohen;842482678 said:

When I was a teenager, still in college at UCLA (before and/or during the time I dropped out for 2 years to be a musician, then finished my B.A. in music at Berkeley), I would make jam sessions all over L.A., i.e., South Central, Hermosa Beach, Pasadena, Downey, Pomona, the Valley, Hollywood, Malibu, etc. One night, very late, after a heavy jam session, I was driving home, and I stopped at a Winchell's donuts in Hollywood, and got a "Baker's Dozen" donuts, and finished them before getting back home to West L.A.

Musician...late night.... munchies....

This is not about the donuts. Is it?
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842482631 said:

watermelon, 100% agreed re: coach dykes, he developed some pretty unhealthy eating habits/poor dietary decisionmaking while coaching/living in tuscon...i dunno maybe coach g & huf will start taking sonny to the whole foods on telegraph for some sushi & kale energy juices, maybe then he'll be thinking clearly enough put 6 tall defensive backs/wide receivers in the endzone to defend the hail mary against them wildcats

but ask yourself, who would you rather play for: a coach that tirelessly works out next to you in the weight room & relentlessly demonstrates at full speed the basketball drills on the court or a coach with a whistle that is yelling his azz of at you while he's munching down chocolate glazed donuts with fuschia sprinkles?

Donut sprinkles are definately pink, not fuchsia.
Shocky1
a waist is a terrible thing to mind

donuts are forever#
jyamada

I believe there used to be a Colonial Donuts on Grand Ave as well. I remember getting 2 or 3 donut holes for a nickel (or was it a dime?) Anyway, great memories!
Shocky1
ivan is talking to jaylen this week at the jordan brand classic at the barclays center in brooklyn

http://zagsblog.com/articles/ivan-rabb-looking-to-recruit-jaylen-brown-to-cal-talks-one-and-done/#more-133197
Shocky1
Shocky1;842407246 said:

eddie at the front desk of my hotel calls this morning with the requested 4:30 am wake out up call so i can catch an early morning flight from jfk to sfo in time for the big game after our epic victory (and also a loss to texas) vs the hometown crowd syracuse orangemen on the biggest stage on earth, madison square garden...i tell eddie i'm in a hurry & if he can line up a taxi for me in 5-10 minutes...he tells me sure, no problem, he'll take care of it himself

get downstairs, check out & sure enough hustling eddie's got the taxi ready to roll & the door open for me...so i slide smooth eddie a fiver & he gives me a sly thank you with a nod of the head as he closes the door to the taxi

so we are driving the deserted streets of manhattan & as we cross broadway sayeed the cab driver lets me know that eddie shook him down for $5 in order to keep the coveted airport run...i tell sayeed no problem, i'm gonna take care of him

15 minutes later as we cross thru a toll sayeed is telling me that toll doesn't automatically charge him, that's gonna be a $5 extra charge...sure sayeed, whatever

gotta love nyc...i don't got no worries, i'm gonna charge you 5 bucks for reading this post

city never sleeps#

sure hope jaylen & ivan don't run into marvin, that guy got a lot of game
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.