cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,810 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
BeachedBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842594840 said:

[video=youtube;xsu7bLTSUcs][/video]

ivan's ecstatic celebration (1st teammate to storm the court) tells you all you gotta know about him, young ivee is unselfish & loves his teammates

How about some props for the defense by #44 of the opposition! Pretty good example of making lemonade (a great story) out of lemons (a blow out loss).
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582674 said:

team: colorado buffaloes

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 10th place

coach: tad "bad luck" boyle

what you need to know about boyle: he took over the buffs program in 2010 after successfully turning around a dormant northern colorado basketball program...he quickly transformed the colorado program with 3 runs in the ncca tournament during 2011-2013...the 2013 bufs team was positioned for a deep ncca run & national recognition in what appeared to be a breakthru season when tad's bad luck came out of nowhere, team leader & catalyst spencer dinwiddie was lost for the season with an acl injury

what up in boulder?: the bufs were a dysfunctional team last season with the now departed biggest gunner in the pac 12 askia booker (17.2 ppg) shooting the team out of games (that's gonna be allonzo trier's role in tucson this season)...team chemistry was so bad that boyle & booker mutually agreed that askia wouldn't play in the buffs ill fated cbi post season tournament...xavier johnson (10.3 ppg & 5.6 rpg) tearing his acl this summer is a huge loss for the upcoming season

josh scott (14.5 ppg & 8.4 rpg) & wesley johnson (6.6 ppg & 6.9 rpg) comprise arguably the best rebounding retunring duo in the pac 12...point guard production & facilitation will be the key re: whether it's gonna be another long season for tad or not, sometimes that bad luck is hard to shake

what this means for the bears: sitting behind the cal bench with coach martin's childhood friend jerry from back in the day in east st louis during the bears gutty & grinding win on a chilly nite in boulder, the coors event center is clearly one of the toughest road venues in the pac 12...the bears gotta work their azzs off this summer with coach christopher in order to be well conditioned enough to compete at a mile high altitude

whose the best player thus far this year in the pac 12 that you've never heard of?

that would be george king, a 6'6" 220 lbs sophomore for the buffs...george of the jungle has scored 14 points in a loss to a ranked iowa state & 27 points in a victory over auburn

Shocky1
BeachedBear;842595014 said:

How about some props for the defense by #44 of the opposition! Pretty good example of making lemonade (a great story) out of lemons (a blow out loss).

beachy, 100% agreed that good sportsmanship is really important in any sport
Shocky1
http://pac-12.com/videos/highlight-cals-jaylen-brown-steal-and-slam

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/ransom-demo-feat-shynova-rbt-jns-san-juan-haru-prod-take-f-light

two points#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842520965 said:

Dear Mr. Shoski,

In all my years of serving and protecting the citizens of the State of California, I have never encountered such a hostile employer than Coach Martin and his comment, "keep those foul smelling broken down freaks further afar from me, all I care about is them Diamonds" with respects to his views regarding walk ons.

You have not only directly recruited Cal's Diamonds are Forever Class (2015), facilitated the long overdue practice of yoga to the Cal basketball program, continued your tireless efforts to improve the lives of rescue dogs but now are also dangerously working to change the playing conditions for the slow and the forgotten, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Mr. Shoski, I am very concerned for your safety as a whistle blower. In fact I fully expect the Cal Athletic Department to intentionally give your seats to the Spieker family and then blame it as an accidental oversight. Yes, I believe that will happen.

So please travel safely with the wind at your back as we work together to eradicate the saddest show on earth, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Neita Safety, Director
State of California Industrial Commission

exclusive cal's monster class thread foto of my boyz brenden "washington high superstar" glapion, cole "bad azz surfer dude" welle & nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton wondering when coach martin is gonna put them in the game...nick "lights out downtown shooter" kerr is not in this foto, he's at a golden state warriors practice

remember the walk ons#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;0d1LdcgzJj4][/video]

strengths#:cheer
Shocky1
[video=youtube;Yya2E4FbXKg][/video]

weaknesses#:headbang
Shocky1
MiZery;842594898 said:

Hey Shocky1, what is the visitor section for the Virginia game? Is the athletic department selling tickets for the game?

Thinking of going with stubhub, but want to know where all the Cal fans are setting

chris celano of the athletic ticket office told me that due to the limited number of tickets distributed that no tickets to the virginia game will be sold, the small allotment will be utilized by donors
Shocky1
Shocky1;842423093 said:

so after our family's hike with my dog pack up the mountain this evening, i ask everybody (except the canines) if they wanna go to the moreau catholic game tonight at pinnacle high school (20 minutes away)

taylor & her friend nikki say sure, so we put the top down & drive over to pinnacle while they school me on some new music

we enter the gym & i say "hey, let's sit behind the moreau catholic's bench"

taylor tells me, "sorry, dad, we're gonna go sit with our friends" & they walk over to the pinnacle side of the gym which has a couple hundred fans...from my vantage point behind the mc bench (there are 5 of us) i see my daughter & nikki greet & hug 3 dozen kids at a high school they don't even attend...i realize watching her in action that she's a mini shocky, fearless in introducing herself & socializing with both friends & strangers...taylor may only have a 3.0+ gpa & probably attend asu like her mom but maybe she's gonna be the #1 real estate broker in north scottsdale someday

1st play of the game is an attempted (lob is slightly off) back door ally up slam dunk by cal's 2016 commit oscar frayer...the whole place is absolutely buzzing as oscar is literally a couple of feet above the rim , this **** is getting live

on the 1st defensive series, frayer picks up a questionable foul cal from the ref...oscar doesn't complain or engage in any drama, he calmly just hands the ball to the ref...the assistant football coach i'm sitting with tells me that oscar is very level headed, a good kid

the pinnacle students are loud & well versed with both "oscar" & "overrated" chants...frayer never reacts to the crowd, he's focused on the game

mc presses the whole game (without key cal 2017 priority target pg damari milstead who is suspended for a couple of games due to a violation of school rules) & frayer steals the ball several times with quick twitch hands & high basketball iq anticipation

frayer blocks a couple of shots with redunkulous hops

oscar has a pretty good mid range game & a smooth 3 point stroke (although he slightly fades away)...his free throw shooting is solid

play of the game is a one handed running & then literally flying thru the air tomahawk jam by the junior

frayer is coltish lean & will greatly benefit from the nicodemus intense workouts & he also floats back on d sometimes ala jabari bird's daze at salesian...he also misses a couple of bunnies around the basket

"o" as he is nicknamed by coaches frank knight & jules milstead cramps up & misses most of the 4th quarter in the mariners (1-1) loss but still scores 23 points despite an ivan rabb like unselfish style of play...when a mariner makes a hustle play to steal the ball & fight for a layup late in the game, while coach knight is designing the mariners' d scheme during a timeout, oscar limps off the bench & hugs his teammates from behind while patting his head (which is a total sammy singer move)...dude is a good teammate

mark my words, oscar frayer is gonna be the MOST ATHLETIC student athlete to ever wear a bears jersey in the history of cal basketball...if you don't have season tixs at haas, you're gonna miss some pretty amazing acrobatics by a truly gifted young man...oscar will be multiple in terms of a playing position for coach martin because of his off the charts +1 athleticism

on the way back to the house i ask taylor & nikki what were their favorite plays of the game...the music is so loud, they just ignore me, all i can hear is their laughter

good luck to oscar frayer as he pursues other collegiate opportunities, this is the best course of action for all parties

frayer has battled unimaginable adversity his entire life & persevered in pursuing his dreams

i got nothing but mad respect for oscar frayer
parentswerebears
Sooo... What is going on with the 2016 class? Are we done? Are our freshman actually staying? I know it is early yet, but I am really curious to know what is going on. This coaching staff has kept it interesting on the recruiting trail.
ccajon
Will there be a possible re-naming of the Touch the Sky class due to the Frayer De-com?
SFBearz
ccajon;842595777 said:

Will there be a possible re-naming of the Touch the Sky class due to the Frayer De-com?

Lol
Shocky1
ccajon;842595777 said:

no, that is not possible

a pac 12 coach told me that jolly will play in the league
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Big Game week!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Jaylen, take off that red shirt![/SIZE]

HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]we see ya Ira[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Wish it worked out for you at Cal
I know you gave it 100% to get here
Good luck to you!
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
parentswerebears;842595715 said:

Sooo... What is going on with the 2016 class? Are we done? Are our freshman actually staying? I know it is early yet, but I am really curious to know what is going on. This coaching staff has kept it interesting on the recruiting trail.

what up, teacher?...the bears currently have 2 open scollys for 2016 with the one unused scholly + tyrone wallace's graduation

tyson jolly is signed up & pumped to arrive for berkeley cal's summer bridge so the bears currently have 1 available scholly at this time

the bears could pursue a late emerging high school senior, grab a potential december transfer, steal a commit from another school or pursue a junior college or graduate transfer

the vast majority of jc players are not a good fit academically at cal

while graduate transfers will be evaluated by the hard working staff that is doing their due diligence in taking a look at every potential option, it is almost impossible for a graduate transfer basketball player to be accepted into any of the graduate programs at the #1 ranked public university in the world, they select the best of the best of the best graduate students in the world

another factor with graduate transfers is that cal's graduate schools are all 2 year programs...kudos to graduate student coach dwight tarwater (it's really weird to see him at games well attired in a tie & coat) for his academic ambition in working towards his degree at this time

at pure athletic programs like oregon that are loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre university they can offer a 1 year fake model graduate program with the graduate transfer leaving minutes after the final game to pursue professional basketball somewhere in the world without ever earning the degree, that won't work at cal

so a potential cal graduate transfer has to be able to commit to a 2 year degree program...guess what, virtually every graduate transfer in the united states of america that is capable of potentially starting for the bears in 2016 is more interested in pursuing a professional basketball career than a 2 year degree

hope i'm wrong but i'll be shocked if a successful graduate transfer applicant is actually signed at the end of the day...that's the price of a basketball program at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world, there are ethical & academic standards

btw, my rescue dogs could be accepted into more than half of oregon's graduate programs particularly the truck stop management program (they like them 2 day old heated rotating pepperoni pizza slices plus they can bark a lot at the lot lizards)
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842595954 said:

what up, teacher?...the bears currently have 2 open scollys for 2016 with the one unused scholly + tyrone wallace's graduation

tyson jolly is signed up & pumped to arrive for berkeley cal's summer bridge so the bears currently have 1 available scholly at this time

the bears could pursue a late emerging high school senior, steal a commit from another school or pursue a junior college or graduate transfer

the vast majority of jc players are not a good fit academically at cal

while graduate transfers will be evaluated by the hard working staff that is doing their due diligence in taking a look at every potential option, it is almost impossible for a graduate transfer basketball player to be accepted into any of the graduate programs at the #1 ranked public university in the world, they select the best of the best of the best graduate students in the world

another factor with graduate transfers is that cal's graduate schools are all 2 year programs...kudos to graduate student coach dwight tarwater (it's really weird to see him at games well attired in a tie & coat) for his academic ambition in working towards his degree at this time

at pure athletic programs like oregon that are loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre university they can offer a 1 year fake model graduate program with the graduate transfer leaving minutes after the final game to pursue professional basketball somewhere in the world without ever earning the degree, that won't work at cal

so a potential cal graduate transfer has to be able to commit to a 2 year degree program...guess what, virtually every graduate transfer in the united states of america that is capable of potentially starting for the bears in 2016 is more interested in pursuing a professional basketball career than a 2 year degree

hope i'm wrong but i'll be shocked if a successful graduate transfer applicant is actually signed at the end of the day...that's the price of a basketball program at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world, there are ethical & academic standards

btw, my rescue dogs could be accepted into more than half of oregon's graduate programs particularly the truck stop management program (they like them 2 day old heated rotating pepperoni pizza slices plus they can bark a lot at the lot lizards)

So, what I'm understanding is that it is currently up in the air. That just makes things so much more interesting. I am going to fully enjoy this season and be excited for Jolly's arrival next year and be pleasantly surprised with any outcome that may come our way. I'll see you at the Az game in January at the very least. Hope to make it to the Davidson game as well.
BearsObserver
Lee, Sears, and Riley have all been mentioned on this thread ...

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151118/daily-news-boys-basketball-preseason-2015-16-all-area-team
HoopDreams

Shocky1
ccajon;842595777 said:

ccajon, let's be real here, i would just like to point out the obvious that i've personally transitioned cal basketball from its 50 year banal existence of mostly mediocre basketball to its current status of potentially competing for a national championship, that's all on me, got it?

and all i asked for in return was for the cal basketball team to vote in favor of kayne's diamonds are forever as the intro theme song for this season?...but did that happen?...no, that **** did not happen

guess what?...i'm not gonna let none of them players talk to kim k & kayne when they are my guests next season at the 1st game in celebration of cal's touch the sky class (2016)...ok, maybe i'll let my boy tyson jolly talk to them & go clubbing afterward but that's it

yeah, i've already petitioned mike williams to officially change the name of the men's basketball team: the california golden ungrateful sorry broken down candy azz soft dumb azz clowns

i hate cal basketball#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582662 said:

team: stanford cardinals

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 11th place

coach: johnny "the roadrunner" dawkins

what you need to know about dawkins: the hyperactive roadrunner has the annoying practice of doing a 60 second taliban like lectures in front of the bench with each player (they are not allowed to speak during this very public humiliation) after every substitution in order to publicly embarrass them instead of just letting them sit down...and yeah, johnny is also the worst game managing coach in the pac 12 with less than 5 minutes left in the game which has contributed to the cards missing the ncca tournament 6 out of his 7 years on the farm...beep, beep

what's up in palo alto?: the cardinals 3 best players chasson randle (19.6 ppg), anthony brown (14.8 ppg & 6.9 rpg) & stefen "frankenstein" nastic (13.4 ppg & 6.5 rpg) are all gone leaving only role players like the allen twins (who took sammy singer's stanford offer), enforcer reid travis, skinny big michael humphrey & incoming freshman cameron walker (note to the bears staff: strong gpa recruits from non urban & highly sheltered family backgrounds will almost pick stanford over cal, don't waste your time)

but make no mistake about it, nasty was the fugliest dude in the pac 12 last season

dude scared the **** out of a lot of little children by smiling at them

good thing for nastic is that it is one of life's basic truths that hot girls from academically mediocre schools like oregon and arizona want to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...so there's always hope for stefen

what this means for the bears: if the bears can push tempo against the non plus 1 athletic cards, a sweep of both pac 12 games is a real possibility this season...and then hopefully stanford athletic director bernard muir will lock up johnny with a 5 year guaranteed contract...look at the mr brightside, with the perennial top 5 worst (along with usc) attendance numbers in collegiate basketball, we can turn maples pavilion into haas south on gameday in palo alto...beep, beep

stanford loses to smu 85-70 at home at maples pavilion in front of 879 fans...the cards assistant coaches are gonna be kinkos tomorrow morning at sunrise to get them printed out on the really nice heavy stock white paper while jd is just gonna sleep in

beep, beep#
Shocky1

the pirates played their 1st season last year in the highly competitive american athletic conference...coached by jeff lebo they are 2-0 this season with victories over gambling state & charlotte

east carolina is led by the highly skilled duo of 6'7" 205 lbs caleb white (20.5 ppg on a lethal .632 fg %, 5.0 rpg & 3.0 apg) & 6'8" 220 lbs switzerland native michel nzege (13.5 ppg on a deadly .714 fg % & 4.5 rpg) with a strong nucleus of mates in 6'5" 200 lbs prince williams (8.5 ppg), 6'5" 205 lbs kentrell barkley (8.5 ppg & a team high 6.5 rpg) & 6'3" 180 lbs bj tyson (7.0 ppg & 5.0 rpg)

the pirates are a very physical team that relentlessly crashes the board that also very efficiently shoots field goals, free throws & 3 pointers...they are vulnerable to cal's high octane fast break if the bears can get quickly outlet the defensive rebound & they do not have a true 5 that can defend young ivee if the bears make it a priority to feed him in the low block where he can do damage

the bears had better be mentally & physically read to grind tonite at haas pavilion at 8:00 pm...if the bad news overrated/overconfident bears show up, they're gonna walk the plank...are you gonna be there to celebrate the magic of cal basketball?

let's do this#
BoaltBear
#FeedIvan

I'll be there.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]dude is cut[/SIZE]

south bender
Shocky1;842596056 said:

the pirates played their 1st season last year in the highly competitive american athletic conference...coached by jeff lebo they are 2-0 this season with victories over gambling state & charlotte

east carolina is led by the highly skilled duo of 6'7" 205 lbs caleb white (20.5 ppg on a lethal .632 fg %, 5.0 rpg & 3.0 apg) & 6'8" 220 lbs switzerland native michel nzege (13.5 ppg on a deadly .714 fg % & 4.5 rpg) with a strong nucleus of mates in 6'5" 200 lbs prince williams (8.5 ppg), 6'5" 205 lbs kentrell barkley (8.5 ppg & a team high 6.5 rpg) & 6'3" 180 lbs bj tyson (7.0 ppg & 5.0 rpg)

the pirates are a very physical team that relentlessly crashes the board that also very efficiently shoots field goals, free throws & 3 pointers...they are vulnerable to cal's high octane fast break if the bears can get quickly outlet the defensive rebound & they do not have a true 5 that can defend young ivee if the bears make it a priority to feed him in the low block where he can do damage

the bears had better be mentally & physically read to grind tonite at haas pavilion at 8:00 pm...if the bad news overrated/overconfident bears show up, they're gonna walk the plank...are you gonna be there to celebrate the magic of cal basketball?

let's do this#

Will it be magic if your bad news Bears show up?

Not that I think that will happen...

Go Bears!
ccajon
Shocky1;842596056 said:

let's do this#

Shows how much the books respect Cal as an 18.5 pt fav against a pretty competitive ECU team.
ccajon
Shocky1;842595997 said:

ccajon, let's be real here, i would just like to point out the obvious that i've personally transitioned cal basketball from its 50 year banal existence of mostly mediocre basketball to its current status of potentially competing for a national championship, that's all on me, got it?

and all i asked for in return was for the cal basketball team to vote in favor of kayne's diamonds are forever as the intro theme song for this season?...but did that happen?...no, that **** did not happen

guess what?...i'm not gonna let none of them players talk to kim k & kayne when they are my guests next season at the 1st game in celebration of cal's touch the sky class (2016)...ok, maybe i'll let my boy tyson jolly talk to them & go clubbing afterward but that's it

yeah, i've already petitioned mike williams to officially change the name of the men's basketball team: the california golden ungrateful sorry broken down candy azz soft dumb azz clowns

i hate cal basketball#

Am I translating this correct? Get the f**k outta here ccajon. Discuss.
Shocky1
ccajon;842596104 said:

Shows how much the books respect Cal as an 18.5 pt fav against a pretty competitive ECU team.

the books are basing this on cal's potential & potential don't mean ****
Shocky1
south bender;842596073 said:

Will it be magic if your bad news Bears show up?

Not that I think that will happen...

Go Bears!

i hate it when jabari goes around berkeley dressing up & **** like that instead of getting ready for tonite's game

and yeah, them wings are pink not fuschia

what not to wear#
Shocky1
ccajon;842596107 said:

Am I translating this correct? Get the f**k outta here ccajon. Discuss.

got no problem with you ccajon but let's be real here, if the bears don't feed a flashing young ivee down low in the paint tonite both rabb & myself are this close to transferring to the tami rabb's school, them sacramento state hornets

sacramento state's monster class#
petalumabear
ccajon;842596104 said:

ECU is a solid team... but not as solid as the lame ass Stanfurd team that choked the chicken against SMU last night. Amazing to think that a school as prestigious as Stanfurd has a 1 year Grad program.... who'd a thunk it?
I know who chooses to ignore the facts however....
Shocky1
look, i like you so i'm gonna tell you why the bears are failing to feed young ivee down low in the paint where he can do permanent damage

so you ask is it because t-wall & sammy singer are ******* legally blind?

no, that's not it at all, both of them got perfect 20/300 corrected vision, they are not myopic re: the future of cal basketball

the reason that the coaches aren't scheming plays to feed rabb is because coach martin, coach webster, coach jones, marcus green & marco harris are spending all their time in the basketball offices just combing their hair...yeah, they are just sitting around & watching videos of the latest hair fashion styles from the highly esteemed (it's actually higher ranked academically than oregon) milan school of cosmeotology...not a hair out of place

meanwhile coach hufnagel, coach christopher, dwight tarwater & mitch elkins are doing all the work

cal basketball is messed up#
concordtom
Shocky1;842596269 said:

look, i like you so i'm gonna tell you why the bears are failing to feed young ivee down low in the paint where he can do permanent damage

so you ask is it because t-wall & sammy singer are ******* legally blind?

no, that's not it at all, both of them got perfect 20/300 corrected vision, they are not myopic re: the future of cal basketball

the reason that the coaches aren't scheming plays to feed rabb is because coach martin, coach webster, coach jones, marcus green & marco harris are spending all their time in the basketball offices just combing their hair...yeah, they are just sitting around & watching videos of the latest hair fashion styles from the highly esteemed (it's actually higher ranked academically than oregon) milan school of cosmeotology...not a hair out of place

meanwhile coach hufnagel, coach christopher, dwight tarwater & mitch elkins are doing all the work

cal basketball is messed up#

I seriously worry about your mental state.
Your messaging sucks.
You are a grown man with a teenager's brain.
You are pompous and prone to wild exaggeration.
You flip-flop on individuals and on issues.
Your sense of humor is immature.
Why do you spew the negative crap out there that you do?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Come to see Jaylen [COLOR="#008080"]Dunkzilla[/COLOR] Brown blow up the HAAS again[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.