cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,278,624 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
advice to josh fortune:

do not **** wit jordan mathews

creasy forever #24#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;CNxkp1dq0tk][/video]
Shocky1
the most wildly inconsistent team in the pac 12 ucla (9-5) lost in double overtime 96-93 in seattle to washington (9-4)

jakob poeltl fouled out as utah (11-3) got upset 70-68 in overtime by stanford (8-4) in front of 893 actual fans in palo alto

lousy schedule bottom feeding usc (12-2) froze their azzs off in kicking to the curb 90-77 them washington state cougars (8-5) in the wintertime tundra of the northwest

this conference is gonna be all about heart & energy this season, no clear cut champs

pac 12 parity#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842619424 said:

Dear Cal basketball players,

How are you?

I am NOT fine.

There's seems to be some miscommunications within the Cal basketball program that I would like to constructively help resolve at this time. I'm a problem solver, ok?

When Ivan Rabb is moving towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards he is not trying to tell you he loves Astronomy 10 & that he knows the location of Uranus.

The reason he is pointing upwards with his fingers/hand is because he wants you to ******* lob him the ******* basketball.

Young Ivee, you are a businessman. Your office is 5 feet from that basket, that's where you need to post up opposing defenders. Posting up 15 feet from the basket is not you office, that's the ******* unemployment line, ok?

Please turn off your social media devices & get some sleep.

Don't be dumb azzs.

Best regards,

Shocky aka Shay & Taylor's Dad

play of the game vs colorado:

young ivee is moving towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards at the sky & creasy delivers a perfect lob pass for a california slam dunk 6.7 richter scale earthquake, that's 2 ******* points...bench & crowd go bat****

of course ivan's blind azz teammates missed him flashing several other time but let's be real here, the best passer in the program marcus green don't got no eligibility anymore

the bears got practice today at 1:00 pm, i dunno maybe they'll practice lob/entry passing instead of just sitting around on their broken down azzs congratulating each other on what great basketball players they are on the basketball court with a basketball or something like that

this really isn't that complicated

touch the ******* sky, ok?

bears don't understand sign language#
concordtom
Shocky1;842626247 said:

play of the game vs colorado:

young ivee is moving towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards at the sky & creasy delivers a perfect lob pass for a california slam dunk 6.7 richter scale earthquake, that's 2 ******* points...bench & crowd go bat****

of course ivan's blind azz teammates missed him flashing several other time but let's be real here, the best passer in the program marcus green don't got no eligibility anymore

the bears got practice today at 1:00 pm, i dunno maybe they'll practice lob/entry passing instead of just sitting around on their broken down azzs congratulating each other on what great basketball players they are on the basketball court with a basketball or something like that

this really isn't that complicated.

Maybe they got too used to playing with rooks' jumping ability and kingsley's lack of vision for such developing plays. Ya think?

Mathews is a smart son-of-a-Coach, however. Not surprising it was he who found and delivered.
socaltownie
It was a very nice lob pass.
BearsObserver
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]started off the conference with a big win
...next up, Utah[/SIZE]

bearmanpg
A couple of times when Ivan was out with foul trouble, they tried the lob to Kam or King...either the pass was juggled, missed, or they brought the ball down to get swatted at by the smalls...I think they scored once off lobs to Kam and King...just need to get the lob close to Ivan and it is money$$$$$$
HoopDreams

BearsObserver
the rich gets richer as Marvin joins Sierra Canyon HS with Cal recruits Ira Lee and Cody Riley.

http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2016/01/02/basketball-marvin-bagley-iii-enrolled-sierra-canyon/

Shocky1;842526168 said:

marvin's dad has accepted an assistant coach position with hillcrest hoops in phoenix which is striving to become a basketball powerhouse with national & international players...this season's schedule will include findlay prep, the oak hill academy & 7 games vs junior colleges

bagley's son marcus, a 6'4" 8th grader, will be joining his dad & big bro marvin bagley iii at hillcrest which is academically aligned with the starshine academy in culturally diverse south phoenix (5 minutes from the airport)

yeah, the shockster is gonna be wearing his cal cap to a couple of bagley's games in their tiny gym

the dream#
BearsObserver
http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-top-6-11-sophomore-marvin-bagley-iii-set-to-join-sierra-canyon-20160102-story.html

BearBackerinLA;842626463 said:

the rich gets richer as Marvin joins Sierra Canyon HS with Cal recruits Ira Lee and Cody Riley.

http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2016/01/02/basketball-marvin-bagley-iii-enrolled-sierra-canyon/
Shocky1
Shocky1;842600638 said:

jaylen, someday soon let's have a yoga head stand competition & then meditate together afterwards, ok?...taylor can be the judge

r u really gonna put atlanta on the map?

fell in the sun#

jaylen asked me during warm ups last nite if i went to yoga on new years eve day, i told him absolutely yes

when i asked him if he worked on his practice too, he shook his head sadly & told me that nobody wanted to go with him

shm#
Shocky1
this is gonna be a yoga battle for the ages

is the winner gonna be jaylen brown?

is the winner gonna be the shockster?

but make no mistake about it, both guys are gonna be off to the races, that's just how them california golden bears compete every second, every day

namastae#
Shocky1

jaylen, let's be real here, the smart money is on the shockster...sorry about that, it's all about core strength

shine bright (like diamonds in the sky)#
SaintBear
Namaste. Time to bring that spiritual practice to our recruiting efforts. 2016/17 thus far are underwhelming especially relative to Arizona, UCLA, UW and Oregon.
Shocky1

while the squad was watching movies at the house (they went into the city earlier in the week to go shopping at niketown and h&m at union square, they also saw star wars together too) & a couple of the guys went to church new years eve, the shockster was relentlessly working on his head stand at evans diamonds late into the nite...and yeah, don't be a dumb azz, the reason the post up move is a little crooked is because the pitcher's mound isn't as flat as a yoga mat

jaylen, you think this yoga competition wit me don't matter but think again...i conversed at length during warm ups with a scout for the minnesota timberwolves re: all the cal nba prospects...not gonna discuss specifics but don't even think for a second that losing to me isn't gonna maybe result in you playing in some **** international league in budapest someday, yeah flexibility with strength along with a bad azz hardwiring is all part of playing championship d at any level

rust never sleeps#
Shocky1
CalHoopFan;842626538 said:

Namaste. Time to bring that spiritual practice to our recruiting efforts. 2016/17 thus far are underwhelming especially relative to Arizona, UCLA, UW and Oregon.

have you seen tyson jolly play in person?

do you know what the buzz is re: roman davis?
Shocky1
socaltownie;842626273 said:

It was a very nice lob pass.

what a lob pass looks like to t-wall

what a lob pass looks like to young ivee
Shocky1
virginia (13-1) cloverleafed notre dame 77-66 in rustic charlottesville

a nick kerrless san diego lost 79-46 to st marys (13-1) at the gaels tiny crack house in moraga

rpi#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582703 said:

team: utah utes

shockster 2015/2016 pac prediction: 3rd place

coach: larry "special k" krystkowiak

what you need to know about krystkowiak: when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna go to class every day...the 2013/2014 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the pac 12

special k gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court...sure, utah isn't gonna be confused with cal, stanford or an ivy league school but it's very clear that krystkowiak expects his student athletes to work towards earning a diploma...for guys like jayce johnson who want a homogenous student population in a non diverse environment at an academically mediocre school, utah is a logical choice based upon those values

what up in salt lake city?: replacing team leader delon wright (14.5 ppg, 5.1 apg & 4.9 rpg with an insane 50.9 fg% isn't gonna happen...watching the utes from the 1st row behind the cal bench at the huntsman center it was very clear that he was the catalyst/emotional leader for his team, wright facilitated the offensive run & he set the tone for the utes suffocating d intensity

but almost everyone else returns including brandon taylor (10.6 ppg & 3.6 apg), jordan loveridge (10.0 ppg & 3.9 apg) & the best returning big in the pac 12 austrian & former cal silent commit jakob poeltl (9.1 ppg & 6.8 rpg) with a deep bench & a talented incoming freshmen class

what this means for the bears: there are 4 pac 12 teams that could be ranked in the top 20 nationally next season, the road trip to salt lake city & boulder is gonna be very challenging for the bears

#21 ranked utah is 11-3 with away from home losses to miami, wichita state & stanford and a marquee victory over #7 ranked duke in front of the cameron crazies

the utes are led by future (will declare after this season) nba 1st rounder 7' 235 lbs jakob poeltl (17.6 pg with a lethal 71.4% fgs & 9.2 rpg), 6'6" 222 lbs jordan loveridge (12.4 ppg & 3.9 rpg), 6'9" 210 lbs kyle kuzma (12.1 ppg with 49.6% fgs & 6.6 rpg), 6'4" 215 lbs lorenzo bonam (10.4 ppg with 53.6% fgs, 3.2 rpg & 3.2 apg) & 5'10" 167 lbs brandon taylor (3.6 apg & 8.2 ppg with an erratic 25.3% on 3 pointers, bears gotta not let him attack the basket & force him into perimeter shots)

this key to this game will be limiting all american hungrian jakop poeltl, he fouled out vs stanford, kam & the king gotta bring a physical presence to this battle...utah shoots the ball (50.6 on fgs) & rebounds (41 rpg) very well...without delon wright they are no longer a great defensive team (like cal they struggle to force turnovers) & the bears will have signficiant post up mismatches for ivan & jaylen along with fast break opportunities vs the slower utes

true cal fans gotta bring noise & energy and bring the haas down this afternoon at 4:30 pm at haas pavilion, can cal get their 1st ncca tournament resume building victory over a nationally ranked team?
south bender
Shocky1;842626871 said:

can cal get their 1st ncca tournament resume building victory over a nationally ranked team?

Certainly, win or lose to Cal, the Utes will drop from the rankings after the Tree took them down on Friday.

So much for beating a nationally ranked opponent, assuming we beat them.

Go Bears!
HoopDreams

Shocky1

left to right, tyrone "the bad azz from bakersfield" wallace, ivan "lob passes are more tasty than mac & cheese" rabb, jordan "creasy" mathews, sam "zero turnovers" singer, jaylen "where's shareef?' brown & wyking "gonna coach you up" jones...not pictured are kingsley "my dad in darby is proud" okoroh & kameron "whose your daddy?" rooks who are still in the parking lot knocking the **** out of the utah bus & mascot

earlier this season the facial expressions of our guys were strained/constipated & guys weren't yelling/communicating defensively re: screens & t-wall wasn't huddling the young ones telling them that we're gonna weather the scoring runs by opponents...the bench including the coaches (other than coach martin), staff & players were usually sitting on their sorry broken down candy soft azzs in a quiet chess club kinda way

now these california golden bears are playing with true love for each other & excitement, they look like little kids playing basketball on the playground with their best friends...let's be real here, we're not solving the world's poverty & hunger issues, we're playing a game so let's have fun together

i saw fans tonite that are usually kinda somberly mute screaming from the rooftops of haas, once the magic of cal basketball gets in your veins it's impossible to not be energized

this **** is getting live

diamonds (and defense) are forever#
Shocky1

enjoyed sitting tonite by theo robertson, cal's greatest 3 point shooter of all time who is now working for the nba world champions golden state warriors...his future is virtually unlimited with his tireless work ethic

i will always remember theo in his days working on the cal staff for truly believing along with me that we could successfully recruit young ivee, a perception that wasn't shared by everybody on the staff at the time...theo also told me about a middle schooler from roseville that is currently the top recruiting target for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

it's ironic that theo used to mentor jordan mathews on his mental mindset (chunk used to let off court distractions **** wit him on gamedays) & shot selection on the court, now creasy is the most deadly shooter vs the pac 12 evil cartels

gave theo **** for not standing up & waving him when he was announced as a guest, where's your manners buddy?

cal family#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal holds Utah to only 38% shooting, including just 16% from three
and hold their 7 foot NBA lottery pick Jakob Poeltl to a poor 6-14 FG[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]young ivee might have grown up today
double double with 19 points and 10 boards, with the ball in his hands when the Bears needed a score[/SIZE]

NVBear78
Shocky1;842626547 said:

have you seen tyson jolly play in person?

do you know what the buzz is re: roman davis?

By the way, just what is the buzz regarding Roman Davis? I get a very good feeling on his athleticism (but not necessarily his shooting) watching him in warm ups.

p.s. had a grand time in the Haas tonight sitting second row courtside near Don MacClean
Shocky1
[video=youtube;PH8lCsn4gJk][/video]
mikecohen
Shocky1;842627428 said:

[video=youtube;PH8lCsn4gJk][/video]

I know this has been said and thought many times before, but I can't help thinking, looking at Cuonzo, about where he's coming from in knowing that, for him, the last 18-19 years might just not have happened at all, i.e., nothing. The thought that keeps coming to me is that here is a man who knows he is playing with the house's money, and therefore thoroughly appreciates ALL of life, no matter what judgment one wants to make of any parts of it. Just to be a fan and watch his interviews is an inspiration to me; and that he brings that to his players and those in whatever parts of the university with whom he interacts . . . . That is what education (in general, and at this university in particular) is supposed to be about.
south bender
HoopDreams;842627369 said:

[SIZE=5]Cal holds Utah to only 38% shooting, including just 16% from three
and hold their 7 foot NBA lottery pick Jakob Poeltl to a poor 6-14 FG[/SIZE]

HD, thanks for the picture, which is further evidence that Kam is taller than the King. So why is King listed as 7-1, and Rooks 7-0? Every time I have had a view of them together, Kam appeared clearly taller...
Shocky1
[video=youtube;WLaCPWwJGYc][/video]
Shocky1
coach wyking jones is coaching up his boyz kam & the king...during the practices i've watched he is a hands on coach while patiently demonstrating & encouraging his bigs

but i sure hope he isn't really eating that mcdonalds **** in real life, coach nicodemus would not approve that, not at all

[video=youtube;GpwGN1HYXuQ][/video]

bad azz bears bigs#:axe
Shocky1
NVBear78;842627399 said:

By the way, just what is the buzz regarding Roman Davis? I get a very good feeling on his athleticism (but not necessarily his shooting) watching him in warm ups.

p.s. had a grand time in the Haas tonight sitting second row courtside near Don MacClean

now is not the time to discuss the upside of roman davis, he's got a lot of work to do with coach christopher in the s&c program before anybody should talk re: his athleticism, ok?

but i can share with you that when everybody remembers cal's diamonds are forever class (2015), davis is gonna be part of that memory

my daughter taylor, a noted future nba scout, thinks roman should smile more...whatever, why do i have to listen to this garbage on the flight home?

roman, stars don't mean ****, shine bright my friend

diamond dynamite#
Shocky1

coach hufnagel pulls it together again with two fashion forward impressive outfits with the manhattan styled on point cosmo kraemer man about town wardrobes this weekend, no wonder yann is berkeley's most eligible bachelor (other than the fact that he routinely works 70 hours a week)
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.