cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,278,673 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
south bender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for posting, HD. Simmons certainly did not outplay Jaylen!

Jaylen is amazing. He shows some great playmaking in this video. It looks like he could play the one!

I think we have seen just the tiniest sample of what he will be bringing over this season.

It is incredibly interesting and exciting to see Jaylen's developing over just these 4 games. A safe bet is that he will get better and better.

Likely our team will, also.

What a season this looks to be!

Go Bears!
Shocky1

steve alford's bruins don't even compete with kansas in getting their azzs handed to them in the 1st half & ucla's 2nd loss of the season...fun times in maui

ruh roh#
BearsObserver
Shocky1
Shocky1;842591592 said:

the magic of cal basketball#

Dear Coach Martin,

As the Prez of the Brenden Glapion fan club would you please be sure you play him when I'm at the games with my Dad?

I had to go to school on Monday, do you want me to skip school & become a Dumb Azz?

XXXOOO

Taylor
Shocky1
[video=youtube;bQ8qfgtH1lQ][/video]

let's be real here, when jaylen & i properly meditate and engage our yoga practices on gamedays, we are unstoppable

strengths#:acclaim:
Shocky1
[video=youtube;ggDYq1Q8Gxg][/video]

weaknesses#:headbang
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Hey Shockster, is this fuchsia???[/SIZE]

south bender
Shocky1;842600319 said:

[video=youtube;ggDYq1Q8Gxg][/video]

weaknesses#:headbang

Excellent analysis of Jaylen's weaknesses. With more experience and practice, however, his potential is extraordinarily high. I think we are seeing progress from him in just these first four games.

We are privileged to have him at Cal.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Not only does Cal basketball have elite talent, but Cal attracts elite athletes in our other sports...

Meet top 20 player nationally, blue-chip recruit [COLOR="#0000CD"]Maria Smith
[/COLOR]
Maria is from Texas. Her new coach says this about her...

"She's got an aggressive all-court game, and she's very athletic," Augustus said. "She's a good fit for Cal both athletically and academically, and she'll be a great addition to our team."

Maria joins top 10 player nationally, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Alexis Nelson[/COLOR] from Minnesota [/SIZE]

Shocky1
south bender;842600418 said:

Excellent analysis of Jaylen's weaknesses. With more experience and practice, however, his potential is extraordinarily high. I think we are seeing progress from him in just these first four games.

We are privileged to have him at Cal.

let's be real here, if jaylen can't beat me in a yoga handstand competition, that's a real weakness that needs attention
socaltownie
Shocky1;842600578 said:

let's be real here, if jaylen can't beat me in a yoga handstand competition, that's a real weakness that needs attention

Shocky - lets be honest - it is MUCH easier to do a handstand when you are vertically challenged than when you are a normal height. Your lower center of gravity than 99% of the rest of the population makes it easier ;-)
GATC
HoopDreams;842600572 said:

[SIZE=5]Not only does Cal basketball have elite talent, but Cal attracts elite athletes in our other sports...

Meet top 20 player nationally, blue-chip recruit [COLOR="#0000CD"]Maria Smith
[/COLOR]
Maria is from Texas. Her new coach says this about her...

“She’s got an aggressive all-court game, and she’s very athletic,” Augustus said. “She’s a good fit for Cal both athletically and academically, and she’ll be a great addition to our team.”

Maria joins top 10 player nationally, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Alexis Nelson[/COLOR] from Minnesota [/SIZE]

This is huge. She's an early entry as well. Getting Maria and Alexis will keep the program at a high level. There is no mention in the Olympic Sports section but we've been waiting for this after someone hinted of her visit.
Shocky1

jaylen, someday soon let's have a yoga head stand competition & then meditate together afterwards, ok?...taylor can be the judge

r u really gonna put atlanta on the map?

fell in the sun#
Shocky1
this is gonna be a yoga battle for the ages

is the winner gonna be jaylen brown?

is the winner gonna be the shockster?

but make no mistake about it, both guys are gonna be off to the races, that's just how them california golden bears compete every second, every day

namastae#
Shocky1

jaylen, let's be real here, the smart money is on the shockster...sorry about that, it's all about core strength

shine bright (like diamonds in the sky)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505293 said:

coach martin has extended an actionable offer to troy brown jr, a 6'4" 175 lbs point guard from las vegas centennial & the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

brown is playing aau ball this summer for the las vegas prospects under the watchful eyes of cal coaches...troy is a combo guard (coach martin loves guys who are multiple) with extraordinary length with lethal passing skills & a deadly shooting touch

what's the best thing about troy?...he's got a 3.7 gpa including ap & honors classes, basketball is not gonna define troy brown jr & that's really bad news for academically mediocre schools that are recruiting this true student athlete...this could play out as a cal vs stanford (assuming dawkins is retained for 2017 if the cards fail as expected to make the ncca tournament this season for an abysmal 7th time out of his 8 year run in palo alto) epic recruiting battle along with kansas (sister is a jayhawk with a fun sports blog) among other national powerhouses

troy would be an amazing leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...he's no lupe fiasco, that's for sure

coach martin along with assistants yann, tracy & wyking have been visibly watching troy distribute/facilitate his teammates & knock down jumpers along with a couple of thunderous attacking dunks both yesterday at rancho high school & today at desert pines high school at the las vegas classic

troy is 6'5" with the potential to grow to 6'7" & prefers to play the 1 but can also swing to the 2 & 3...the bears utilization this season of t-wall, another tall point guard, will likely be a strong indicator to brown of the cal staff's potential utilization of him if he commits to them california golden bears

let's be real here, with a 7 year pac 12 record of 56-68, only 1 ncca tournament appearance, rapidly declining attendance/an apathetic fan base in palo alto along with potentially a 2015 pac 12 cellar finish for the cards, johnny dawkins is definitely on the hot seat

this current cal vs stanford along with duke recruiting battle is gonna be impacted by this season's fortunes for both the bears & the cards...with brown's academic ambition, it's hard to imagine him seriously considering an academically mediocre school, troy's definitely not a dumb azz

troy, are you gonna visit with your potential future coaches & teammates at tomorrow's showdown vs san diego state?

jokers wild#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842580120 said:

charles o'bannon jr, a 6'5" 190 lbs top 40 player in the 2017 class from bishop gorman high school & the las vegas prospects, has been offered by coach martin

o'bannon got serious length (and is still growing) along with lethal behind the 3 point line shooting skills along with a solid mid range game...charles is multiple like the guys in cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)...he's working this summer on both his d & ball handling skills

charles is a highly coveted national recruit with ucla (dad & uncle played there), arizona, kansas, uconn, unlv & louisville all targeting the articulate student athlete...but only the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world offers an elite combination of academics & basketball in a family environment along with ideal weather in the diverse & cosmopolitan bay area

yeah, o'bannon would be a strong fit with cal's touch the sky class (2017), he's no lupe fiasco that's for sure

chuck got an aau coach who is in his ear all the time re: the #1 public university in the world

yeah, that would be monty buckley

last time buckley recruited a kidd for the bears it turned out all right for everybody

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including las vegas)

charlie, are you gonna do the hang this week with them high character california golden bears coaches & players?

power to the people (and not the ncca)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;VsQXnHWNeCc][/video]
Shocky1
steve alford coaches up his bruins to another close defeat this time to wake forest 80-77 for their 3rd loss of the young season

you could hire a rapist enabler that wanted to build the team around his son & ucla with its location in so cal could still clean up in recruiting with 5 star guys like tj leaf

wait, you're saying that already happened?

ruh roh#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Vegas Baby![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]note: this picture was not taken in Las Vegas[/SIZE]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842560384 said:

let's be real here, the cal's monster class is an invaluable source of priceless information for current & prospective cal student athletes

you don't believe me?

t-wall's social life prior to reading the cal monster class thread...his lipstick is kinda fuschia but that's not the point here

t-wall's girlfriend ms alcantar after reading the cal monster class thread re: the beauty of them curvy brunette yoga females

this is cal basketball#

"it was a promise to my grandfather (charles james johnson) who passed away, so for me to be the first in the family to get that degree, i think it shows my siblings and younger family and relatives that they can go to school and get a degree, it's not all about sports or anything like that...so i think that's why i'm getting my degree"
-tyrone wallace

the above is totally not true, it's all about that curvy brunette yoga girlfriend ms alcantar, right t-wall?

50 year decision#

as the only senior, t-wall gotta keep the young ones focused on the task at hand in las vegas

curfew#
jaccpot10
Shocky1;842600652 said:

charlie, are you gonna do the hang this week with them high character california golden bears coaches & players?

power to the people (and not the ncca)#

I would be shocked beyond belief if Charles O'Bannon, Jr. picked Cal over UCLA, where Ed and Charles, St. started, or UNLV, where Ed originally committed and which is the hometown school.

I love Monty Buckley, but I don't think encouraging suggestions from one's AAU coach can overcome family and legacy.
Shocky1
jaccpot10;842600812 said:

I would be shocked beyond belief if Charles O'Bannon, Jr. picked Cal over UCLA, where Ed and Charles, St. started, or UNLV, where Ed originally committed and which is the hometown school.

I love Monty Buckley, but I don't think encouraging suggestions from one's AAU coach can overcome family and legacy.

jackpot, were you also shocked beyond belief when ivan rabb & jaylen brown picked cal over every powerhouse program in the united states of america?

do you really think charlie wants to be coached up by steve "rapist enabler" alford or attend an academically mediocre junior college like unlv and earn a degree in their popular car valet management program?
Shocky1

san diego state is coached by steve fisher who has experimented with multiple stating line ups in this year's up & down start to the season with victories over illinois state, san diego christian & east carolina and losses to utah & arkansas little rock (which was likely a wake up call for the athletically talented team)

the aztecs are led by 6'4" 190 lbs jeremy hemsley (13.6 ppg with a lethal .476 3 pt %), 6'5" 190 lbs dakarai allen (11.4 ppg), 6'8" 210 lbs winston shepard (9.8 ppg & 6.5 rpg), 6'7" 210 zylan chetham (7.4 ppg & 6.2 rpg), 6'4" 210 lbs trey kelly (6.6 ppg) & uber talented 6'10" 215 lbs malik pope (5.6 ppg & 4.2 rpg) while 6'10" 240 lbs skylar spencer is a tough post defender & rebounder (5.0 rpg)

the aztecs are arguably the best defending team on the west coast & this year fisher is trying to play more up tempo...san diego state is athletically deeper than the bears & it is critical that cal's bench provide meaningful production tonite, not just eat up minutes...the bears don't gotta perfect basketball, that's not gonna happen, they just gotta compete on every ******* possession in what will most likely be a very close & physical game

t-wall gotta tell his guys to remain calm when san diego state goes on a run or two, weathering the storms is part of the deal for championship basketball teams...and yeah the bears gotta have fun (the outcome of this game is not gonna wipe out poverty & famine on earth), it's fun to play in nationally televised big games... let's relax and celebrate playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball with your best friends at the playground

compete (and smile)#
Shocky1
HoopDreams

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842600930 said:

I'm assuming Jaylen took this photo
Shocky1
Shocky1;842591620 said:

beauty & the beast#

"i have come to the pinnacle of success in business
in the eyes of others my life has been the symbol of success
however, apart from work, i have little joy...finally, my wealth is simply a fact to which i am accustomed
at this time, lying on the hospital bed and remembering all my life, i realize that all the accolades and riches of which i was once so proud, have become insignificant with my imminent death
in the dark, when i look at green lights of the equipment for artificial respiration and feel the buzz of their mechanical sounds, i can feel the breath of my approaching death looming over me
only now do i understand that once you accumulate enough money for the rest of your life, you have to pursue objectives that are not related to wealth
it should be something more important
for example, stories of love, art, dreams of my childhood
no, stop pursuing wealth, it can only a person into a twisted being, just like me
god has made us one way, we can feel the love in the heart of each of us, and not illusions built by fame or money like i made in my life, i cannot take them with me
i can only take with me the memories that were strenghtened by love
this is the true wealth that will follow you, will accompany you, he will give strength and light to go ahead
love can travel thousands of miles and so life has no limits
move to where you want to go, strive to reach the goals you want to achieve, everything is in your heart and in your hands"

-steve jobs on his deathbed

wheels up, las vegas baby#
Shocky1
johnny dawkins coaches his cards to their 3rd loss of the season 59-45 to villanova

beep, beep#
Shocky1
west virginia heads to the championship game of the las vegas invitational after defeating davidson 67-59
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Happy Thanksgiving
[/SIZE]

Cal women play Friday 12 noon
KenBurnski
#our offense can't adjust once primary play fails
Shocky1

winston shepard is a hot dog#
jaccpot10
Shocky1;842600820 said:

jackpot, were you also shocked beyond belief when ivan rabb & jaylen brown picked cal over every powerhouse program in the united states of america?

do you really think charlie wants to be coached up by steve "rapist enabler" alford or attend an academically mediocre junior college like unlv and earn a degree in their popular car valet management program?

If Ed O'Bannon, as the #1 high school recruit in America, didn't have an issue with UNLV's academics, I don't see why that will be an issue for Charles, Jr. These top high school basketball guys want to play basketball as a career, not quantum physics.

Likewise, if Ed and Charles, Sr. had no problem playing for an overrated, loud tempered, semi-sleazy coach like Jim Harrick, who never took responsibility for any transgression he or his son ever made at UCLA, Rhode Island, or Georgia, then I don't see how another O'Bannon will care about Steve Alford and some rape allegation made against one of his former players at another school where Alford previously coached. Alford was also coached by Bobby Knight at Indiana, so when if the intimation about the rape issue is that Alford runs a loose ship, I think he has the ammo to refute that.

All that said, it is nice to dream. Charles O'Bannon, Jr. would be a great get. I just don't see it happening.

I did think Ivan Rabb was fairly likely to come to Cal. Jaylen Brown was a shock, but I just don't see lightning striking twice in the same place.

I hope I'm wrong.
Shocky1
stats: san diego state bench 35 cal bench 7
cal 15 turnovers & 5 assists
jabari bird 1 shot
jaylen brown & ivan rabb 5 fouls apiece
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.