cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,275,627 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842582700 said:

team: oregon ducks

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 4th place

coach: dana "the criminal" altman

what you need to know about altman: during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

dana altman & steve alford are enablers of sexual predators that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

who else has altman recruited to eugene?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during high in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0 & also left school for florida due to his involvement with gang activity
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from long beach poly was academically ineligible out of high school

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa in high school & suspended for fighting in high school was ineligible to enroll at oregon

*ray kosongo was denied admission by the university's special admission board which was created by concerned faculty re: altman's disinterest in recruiting high character student athletes

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed with a court restraining order does not allow him to set foot on the university of oregon campus

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene police department for shoplifting at market across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th of last season...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both were "internally disciplined" (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

*jordan bell cited for harassing an oregon parking officer attempting to place a ticket on his car...altman suspended bell for 1 game, a home game vs pac 12 cellar opponent washington state

*dana altman has been named in the lawsuit against the university of oregon filed by the female student victim of the brutal player sexual assault for his role in allegedly lying to authorities that he did not know that brandon austin was dismissed by providence for raping a female student...settled out of court with a confidentiality clause

*ahmaad rorie transferred to montana after the promised playing opportunities never materialized

*dana altman has been named in a lawsuit seeking $7.5m in damages filed by rapist brandon austin
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2015/10/dismissed_basketball_player_br.html

*trevor manuel is transferring from oregon after a couple of months in eugene

*when mike montgomery had his cancer scare dana altman & his henchman tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears basketball program using this medical situation as a reason not to attend cal

make no mistake about, altman & stubblefield are pieces of worthless ****, they are dancing with the devil

what up in eugene?: oregon is losing pac 12 mvp joseph young (20.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg & 3.8 apg) & jalil abdul-bassit (8.2 ppg)...the ducks are returning elgin cook (13.2 ppg & 5.2 rpg), canadian dillon brooks (13.0 ppg & 5.2 rpg), dwayne benjamin (8.4 ppg & 5.8 rpg) & bouncy jordan bell (5.1 ppg & 6.1 rpg)...newcomers include villanova transfer dylan ennis & gunner tyler dorsey (and his dad)

what this means for the bears: cal will need to match up with oregon's defensive/rebounding intensity, that did not happen last season...if the bears can limit the ducks fast break attacks, then oregon will struggle in their half court offense as they likely not be a strong 3 point shooting team this season

oregon basketball is a corporate sponsored sports program that is loosely affiliated with a mediocre university that lacks academic integrity that is coached by a criminal

yeah, it's business as usual in eugene

moneyball#

the ducks are 11-3 & have been nationally ranked this season with wins away from eugene vs #20 ranked baylor & alabama

oregon is led by 6'6" 225 dillon brooks (6.4 rpg & 16 ppg but only 26% on 3 pointers, bears need to force him into taking perimeter shots), onetime cal recruit 6'4" 180 lbs tyler dorsey (14.6 ppg with 47.1% 3 pointers, 4.6 rpg & 2.9 apg), 6'6" 2015 lbs elgin cook (13.5 ppg & 5.1 rpg) & 6'10" 200 lbs chris boucher (11.9 ppg & 8.6 rpg)...villanova senior transfer dylan ennis is returning from a left foot injury & mr energy jordan bell is recovering from a broken foot

the bears don't gotta play perfect basketball tonite but they gotta match the highly athletic oregon's energy & willingness to compete...the ducks are a strong shooting team near the basket (45.8% fgs) but struggle from the perimeter (32.1% 3 pointers) that are adept at crashing the offensive boards...cal will have significant match up opportunities for rabb & brown down low in the post but can their teammates deliver the entry/lob passes & feed them?

let's be real here, oregon is a very talented & dangerous basketball team that is no longer supported by the local community (averaging around 6k fans a game), how could hard working families (or anybody for that matter) spend their hard earned dollars on such an evil enterprise such as the oregon basketball program?

dana altman is a criminal#
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842628584 said:

who knew that jaylen's favorite movie of all time is mean girls?

sorry but that's kinda ****** up

this is not cal basketball#:headbang

I'm pretty sure he said this wasn't true. Monkey? Yes. Mean? No.

M-B was wrong.

:gobears:
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842628627 said:

not really, there is only one source other than uranus for cal basketball news

cal's monster class#

Sorry, honey, I missed the weather report again.
UrsaMajor
Uranus, as in pulling it out of your azz?
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842628702 said:

Uranus, as in pulling it out of your azz?

sometimes

did you make it to haas on sunday nite?
Shocky1
in the real world curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools like oregon try to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league schools once they leave eugene

yeah, they are trying so hard to not be stuck with some duck whose gonna be working the night shift at a truck stop in medford that sometimes they overdo the tanning spray, there's no sun in oregon

don't be a dumb azz#
UrsaMajor
of course. was hoarse for days.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842628819 said:

of course. was hoarse for days.

muy bueno, monsieur

you might wanna keep that dentist appointment next week

BearsObserver

http://www.tout.com/m/b11syx?ref=twbltms2

Shocky1;842617862 said:

the cal basketball staff is actively scouting ernie sears, a 6'3" 160 lbs athletic high motor combo guard in the 2017 class from bishop alemany from mission hills (home of kam rooks)...sears is more of a wing than a point guard at this time

ernie is a high energy guy just like his dad who played for the bears back in the day & has grown 2 inches in the past year...sears is continuing to show improvement in his jumper & is an excellent student athlete with academic ambition (harvard is also on his radar)

yeah, cal's touch the sky class (2017) is expected by the coaches to be a large group of 4-7 guys due to the expected departures at that time & ernie sears is gonna be seriously evaluated for potential inclusion

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1
the bears competed tonite at matthew knight arena which is a sterile upscale minor league professional basketball arena with no soul or collegiate ambiance...there were no more than 4-5k fans & most of them were students (school is back in session) who don't got many entertainment options in the heart of darkness

prior to the game mark hamilton told me that his son nick is disappointed by his 2 a minuses last semester, his worst grade at cal thus far is one b+, he's gonna graduate with phi beta kappa honors like the shockster...ivan rabb sr (he's 6'3") told me that his sport at burbank hs (sacramento) was not basketball but football back in the day

despite missing all 12 3 pointers & 10 free throws along 18 out of sync turnovers (ball not moving crisply & decisively, too much dribbling & holding the ball), the bears stayed together with encouragement for each other during time outs

from my 1st row seat behind coach martin i could see young ivee's frustration with the fouls, t-wall shaking his head after the missed free throws & j mat's closing his eyes in disbelief but this did not result in any dissension, guys particularly the walk ons were keeping the support & love for each other real

the bears are gonna be ok, fully expect them to come out fired up vs oregon state saturday nite...pain in life means you are alive (which is a very good thing), we got no other choice other than to feel the hurt & compete each harder with more energy next time, we must find a way

hurt#
Shocky1
stanford (9-5/2-1) defeated oregon state (10-3/1-1) 78-72 by out rebounding the beavers 46-29, a +17 margin on the boards

the cardinals had 20 offensive rebounds, relentlessly crashing the boards is gonna be the key for the bears saturday nite in corvallis
Shocky1
Shocky1;842629327 said:

stanford (9-5/2-1) defeated oregon state (10-3/1-1) 78-72 by out rebounding the beavers 46-29, a +17 margin on the boards

the cardinals had 20 offensive rebounds, relentlessly crashing the boards is gonna be the key for the bears saturday nite in corvallis

oregon state is #159 in the nation in rebounding margin at +1.5 rebounds per game (37.3 per game vs 35.8 by opponents)

cal is #18 in the nation in rebounding margin at +9.5 rebounds per game (41.7 per game vs 32.2 by opponents)

the beavers leading rebounder by a wide margin is 6'3" 180 lbs gary payton at 8.0 rpg, they are vulnerable on the boards

if young ivee & jaylen can stay out of foul trouble (gotta be smart & pick your moments), they will have significant posting up & lob pass opportunities against less athletic defenders...t-wall, j mat & the bird should also be able to attack the basketball like stanford in exploiting the beavers lack of athleticism other than payton

the bears can win saturday nite's battle by pounding the beavers on the boards & attacking the basket, this is not complicated

are the mute sorry broken down candy azz soft bears or the angry bad azz bears gonna compete in corvallis?

let's do this#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842626709 said:

what a lob pass looks like to t-wall

what a lob pass looks like to young ivee

in the 2nd half young ivee is flashing towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards

t-wall got the ball & starts working thru his mental progressions:

1) what does this mean?...does ivan love astronomy 10?
2) is ivan pointing at uranus?
3) wait, does shocky want me to lob the ball to ivan?

so t-wall effortlessly lobs the ball to young ivee for a richter scale 6.9 california earthquake & haas pavilion goes bat****

sign language matters#

there were several times last nite in eugene that young ivee pointed his fingers/hand upwards & his teammates did not deliver the rock...rabb told guys this as they left the court during timeouts but nobody is apparently listening to ivan & the shockster

ivan, i feel your pain, nobody cares about your problems more than me:headbang...i dunno maybe coach martin & the staff could arrange for the squad to visit today with an american sign language (asl) teacher

if the bears don't get this **** figured out real quick i'm gonna grab a seat on the bench saturday nite in corvallis & make sure these ******* communication issues get resolved, ok?

non verbal cues matter#
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842629321 said:

hurt#

Nice to see you on your feet, as usual, in this photo, but the chair backs behind you STILL need a cup, or something.
GoldenBear1
Can you get King and Kam a few touches a half on offense up in Corvalis?
Even if they don't have a scoring opportunity need guys in the paint to be a threat. Especially when athletic defensive teams sell out to stop us on the perimeter.
Our 7 footers might also be able to get the ball to Ivan and Jalen down low better too.
Since our guards seem to have no confidence or interest in it.
We were killing them in the paint last night, add more assists from our guards and we are 3-0 in PAC right now.
Can't wait for Saturday night, the passing light will go on for our perimeter guys
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842629366 said:

Nice to see you on your feet, as usual, in this photo, but the chair backs behind you STILL need a cup, or something.

bobo, you think we're at a raiders game or something?

concordtom
Shocky1;842629354 said:

if the bears don't get this **** figured out real quick i'm gonna grab a seat on the bench saturday nite in corvallis & make sure these ******* communication issues get resolved, ok?

non verbal cues matter#

That **** would be totally awesome to see!
I will stop making silly comments on your blog, or anywhere on BearInsider if you do it.
Do it, Shocky. Do it!
concordtom
GoldenBear1;842629482 said:

Can't wait for Saturday night, the passing light will go on for our perimeter guys

But will the shooting lights go on?
Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of made shots than converted passes.
(wink)
concordtom
Bobodeluxe;842628102 said:

Those folks to your left need a cup of Peet's.

What are you talking about?
That guy IS Pete!
concordtom
Shocky1;842628098 said:

I'd be right there with you with the fist pump!
But, oh God, have you got your daughter in on the whole fuchsia shirt thing?
God, take off that red shirt, you closet Stanford admirer.
If you want to be noticed, pick something less tacky and more suitable for them California Golden Bears!

Jeff82
concordtom;842629522 said:

I will stop making silly comments on your blog, or anywhere on BearInsider if you do it.
Do it, Shocky. Do it!

Funny, I was just thinking about him. One of the conclusions I've come to is that the 1976 team's record of going 32-0 in winning the national championship is one of those sports records that probably will never be broken. It's just too hard to go undefeated now, the talent is spread too broadly, and the teams with the most talent don't stay together long enough, because of OADs to gel to the degree necessary to win every game.
concordtom
Jeff82;842629565 said:

Funny, I was just thinking about him. One of the conclusions I've come to is that the 1976 team's record of going 32-0 in winning the national championship is one of those sports records that probably will never be broken. It's just too hard to go undefeated now, the talent is spread too broadly, and the teams with the most talent don't stay together long enough, because of OADs to gel to the degree necessary to win every game.

Remind me again, how many games away was Kentucky from going undefeated as champs last year?
How many games had the won before losing?
This Indiana team was 32-0? What was Kentucky before they lost?

The concentration only gets greater, I think.
I think it's not that big a problem to get done with a recruiter like Coach Cal, or Coach K. The top players routinely go to the top programs. Talent attracts talent, and with the internet and social media, everyone know who is who and where they are heading.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] keeps working, keeps grinding
he's getting OJT and has been learning and improving at a crazy rate

probably his best game as a Bear on both sides of the court, with a line of 20 points on 8-10 shooting
he's also rentlessly worked on his shooting and free throws, hitting several mid-range jumper with high arcs, and improving his FT percentages, especially in clutch times
add 9 rebounds
defensively he had 2 steals, a block and played strong man-to-man defense
he still needs to reduce his turnovers, but one of those turnovers was due to a foul at half court that the ref didn't call, and another was because a team mate passed him the ball at a time and place that was the real reason for the turnover
yes, Jaylen his locked in, both in games, during practices, and when the gym is empty and he continues to burn[/SIZE]

Shocky1
concordtom;842629522 said:

Do it, Shocky. Do it!

coach martin along with marco harris & coach nicodemus are not down with that foo foo lame ****

but if the guys don't start reading young ivee's sign language saturday nite, this **** is gonna get live

who knew that coach jones could sing?

Shocky1
my boyz brandon & sammy got big dreams

my dreams are much smaller, i just want them california golden bears to lob the ******* basketball to young ivee when he points his fingers/hand upwards while moving towards the basket, is that asking for too much?

dreamers#
Shocky1
tom, sometimes i wear cal colors but mostly it's by accident, life (and fashion) are not linear

Shocky1;842537975 said:

straight outta the hamptons#
Shocky1
ucla (10-6/1-2) dumps arizona (13-2/1-1) 87-84 at pauley pavillion, this is a below average sean miller team defensively

surprising usc (13-3/2-1) conquers asu (10-5/0-2) in front of a reported 2,754 fans at the galen center

st marys (14-1) continues to improve cal's rpi with a 73-48 blowout of loyola marymount in smogsville
Shocky1
as part of the ongoing educational efforts by the cal's monster class, it's very important that you fully understand the hot crazy matrix re: them curvy brunette yoga females, ok?

disregard this important information at your own peril but don't text me when your kicks are hanging in some tree branches or something

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842628584 said:

who knew that jaylen's favorite movie of all time is mean girls?

sorry but that's kinda ****** up

this is not cal basketball#:headbang

one of my favorite movies is unbreakable

who knew that t-wall sometimes got bad hair days & rides around campus in a wheelchair?

Shocky1
Shocky1;842628033 said:

cal's #1 recruiting target jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) scored 36 points on 13-24 fgs & 10-12 fts along with 13 boards in the quartefinals of the surf & slam tournament in san diego

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 point moneyballs

brown is the young ivee of the 2018 class & with his 3.8 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris, brandon williams & kj hymes

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and the closest school to the fam)

jordan brown scored 22 points as the woodcreek timberwolves soundproofed the rocklin thunder 66-45
Shocky1
jordan brown is averaging 26+ ppg this season

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#
Shocky1
cal is actively recruiting 6'9" 180 lbs kj hymes from st mary's high school in phoenix...coach martin watched kj several times this summer

hymes is a relentless rebounder & shotblocker, he will continue to fill out his lanky frame & would benefit in the future from coach christopher's world class s&c program...he currently plays on the wing with a nice shooting touch from the perimeter & it's expected he will further develop his back to the basket post game as he builds up his body

coach hufnagel is kj's lead recruiter for the bears

kj's dad kwame hymes sr played basketball for pepperdine in the mid 1990s & emphasizes both athletic & academic achievement...st mary's is an academically strong college preparatory school

kj already has multiple offers from high d1 programs & took an unofficial visit to arizona last october, it's not known if the donut boy of tucson told him about the wildcats highly acclaimed pool maintenance major that has an excellent placement rate for their grads

yeah, kj hymes would be a strong addition to cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including arizona)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842615445 said:

everybody kinda knows taylor but my other high school daughter shay is traveling with me tomorrow to cal's bay area grudge battle vs st marys at haas pavilion at 12:30 pm

shay's not a crazy azz bears fan like taylor (the prez of the brenden glapion fan club) but she also got multiple advanced placement classes, is a kick azz team mvp lacrosse player & is a hostess at an upscale scottsdale sushi joint

as a dad i'm always trying to figure out ways to connect with my kids doing stuff they enjoy, they're all different (kinda like snowflakes & referees)...the magic of cal basketball is that it's fun & multi generational...are you gonna experience our palace this season with the loved ones in your family?...kids & old people tixs are only 15 bucks, what's your deal?

we're gonna probably gonna go to union square in san francisco after the game & check out dior but only if she don't text the entire game or stoopid **** like that, the shayster (like jaylen) better get her head in the game on gameday in berkeley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5347[/ATTACH]

wheels up (dad, where's the visa card?)#

shay & i are flying to portland to check out the downtown food truck scene (and maybe share a voodoo donut) tonite, she really enjoyed the insane energy at the st marys game at haas & is looking forward to yelling for the bears tomorrow nite vs oregon state in corvallis with her crazy azz dad

yeah, shay & me are real friends

Shocky1
cal will host arizona at haas pavilion on saturday january 23rd at 5:30 pm

true california golden bears will be in the haas that nite, unless you are an astronaut flying to uranus there are no excuses for not being there at the center of the universe

[video=youtube;lF90ErjEnhg][/video]

the magic of cal basketball#
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842630067 said:

cal will host arizona at haas pavilion on saturday january 23rd at 5:30 pm

true california golden bears will be in the haas that nite, unless you are an astronaut flying to uranus there are no excuses for not being there at the center of the universe

[video=youtube;lF90ErjEnhg][/video]

the magic of cal basketball#

That will be a fun game. Can't wait to see the disappointment on my sister's boyfriend's face as Cal beats Azz. And I also can't wait to rub it in my Facebook friend's face as she complains about the loss.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.