cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,295,551 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
CalEnviroLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks very nice. And "only" $25 million.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
CalEnviroLaw
HoopDreams;842663015 said:

Should be a 4 seed. But never underestimate the power of the Eastern/anti-Western bias.
HoopDreams
CalEnviroLaw
HoopDreams;842663026 said:

Great photo. Bird 3+ feet off the ground and still rising on a jump shot. Utah dude, about 6 inches off the floor. Still can't believe we lost to those guys.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
Bobodeluxe
HoopDreams;842662980 said:

Most informative post ever.
HoopDreams

Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842662981 said:

Looks very nice. And "only" $25 million.

the time is now for everything
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]4 Seed in the South!
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
hawaii rainbows (27-5) are cal's 1st round opponent in the ncca tournament friday march 18th in spokane

john montgomery is an assistant coach with the rainbows, he is well qualified to develop an insightful scouting report re: the bears

south bender
Shocky1;842663226 said:

hawaii rainbows (27-5) are cal's 1st round opponent in the ncca tournament friday march 18th in spokane

john montgomery is an assistant coach with the rainbows, he is well qualified to develop an insightful scouting report re: the bears

Especially qualified on Jaylen and Ivan...

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842661499 said:

spokane hotels sold out, just booked a room in coeur d'alene

100% of my golf rounds are walked, golf carts are for chunky monkeys...but what about speed boats?

those of you who followed my lead & already booked flights, rooms & car rentals for spokane are in good shape, you stragglers not so much
HoopDreams
Shocky1
south bender;842663279 said:

Especially qualified on Jaylen and Ivan...

Go Bears!

yeah, john has watched ivan (just like his dad) a couple of times but not in bishop o'dowd's state championship game at sleepy train arena during young ivee's junior season, only my man travis decuire from the old staff made the short drive to sacramento that day

but make no mistake about it, the new staff got a full tank of gas all the time
Shocky1
[video=youtube;rnPCGjawPrk][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;WV0lJmmWg7k][/video]
socaltownie
Shocky1;842663335 said:

those of you who followed my lead & already booked flights, rooms & car rentals for spokane are in good shape, you stragglers not so much

A fair number of things in coeur d'alene. Since the golf course is likely/assuredly not open yet, anyone know what else there is to do there in March?
GoldenBear1
It's great to be ranked, everyone wants to win the PAC and the conference tourney. All fine feathers in your cap.
But, earning a dance ticket is what it's all about.
We got that.
Congrats to the program.
Excited to see them compete
Go Bears!
concordtom
HoopDreams;842663114 said:

where is Moute
Shocky1
st mary's (27-5) not selected for the big dance because of the team's weak strength of schedule according to the chairman of the ncca selection committee

the bears should never play the gaels at their tiny crack house in moraga that would exclude cal's growing basketball fan base from attending, any future games should be played at haas pavilion or a large neutral site in the bay area
concordtom
Shocky1;842663441 said:

st mary's (27-5) not selected for the big dance because of the team's weak strength of schedule according to the chairman of the ncca selection committee

the bears should never play the gaels at their tiny crack house in moraga that would exclude cal's growing basketball fan base from attending, any future games should be played at haas pavilion or a large neutral site in the bay area

But (!)
You should consider the RPI formula.
Didn't I read on BI that teams get 1.4 multiplier for wins away from home, and only .6 for home wins.
And 50% of the RPI formula is Opponents Winning Percentage.
St. marys always has a high winning %.
Therefore, a win in Moraga would be very good for our RPI.
Further, in terms of school work, time for travel and such, it can't get any better than this!

Don't be a dumbazz#
NVGolfingBear
concordtom;842663460 said:

But (!)
You should consider the RPI formula.
Didn't I read on BI that teams get 1.4 multiplier for wins away from home, and only .6 for home wins.
And 50% of the RPI formula is Opponents Winning Percentage.
St. marys always has a high winning %.
Therefore, a win in Moraga would be very good for our RPI.
Further, in terms of school work, time for travel and such, it can't get any better than this!

Don't be a dumbazz#

And you want the Bears to play in a 3000 seat high school stadium in front of the local rabid fans with 2 Cal fans squeezed in? And if Cal loses it really hurts the perception...no thanks, I'll pass.
Shocky1
NVGolfingBear;842663488 said:

And you want the Bears to play in a 3000 seat high school stadium in front of the local rabid fans with 2 Cal fans squeezed in? And if Cal loses it really hurts the perception...no thanks, I'll pass.

nevada, tom don't really understand the bigger goals of the cal basketball program (increasing the fanbase & maximizing revenues at haas pavilion) & which school has more scheduling leverage

the art of the deal#
icecream12345
concordtom;842663438 said:

where is Moute

taking the the picture
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is what Jaylen, Ivan and the Bears did vs #1 seed Oregon...[/FONT][/SIZE]

[video=youtube;FWiWAkKI9SM][/video]

Shocky1
concordtom;842663438 said:

where is Moute

i was kinda wondering the same thing when oregon state's derrick bruce lit up the bears for 25 points on 4-6 3 point shooting & unimpeded basket attacks

my boy roger played only 3 minutes, what up with that?...he got a lot of energy, he's always tryna take away the synergy of our opponents

merci beaucoup, roger

the bears most energized chaser (off ball screens & curvy brunette yoga females)#
socaliganbear
I would give St. Mary's a neutral site game, maybe. Going to their house doesn't make sense when we literally wouldn't fit.
Shocky1
icecream12345;842663497 said:

taking the the picture

trust me, roger isn't cal's official team photographer

NVBear78
Shocky1;842663526 said:

i was kinda wondering the same thing when oregon state's derrick bruce lit up the bears for 25 points on 4-6 3 point shooting & unimpeded basket attacks

my boy roger played only 3 minutes, what up with that?...he got a lot of energy, he's always tryna take away the synergy of our opponents

merci beaucoup, roger

the bears most energized chaser (off ball screens & curvy brunette yoga females)#

Bruce was playing like Steph Curry that night and immediately hit a clutch, difficult step back three with Moute guarding him. I believe Roger also fouled him and during his time had no more success guarding him than the others.

Bruce was obviously "in the zone" that game, if he is able to get their consistently he will be all Pac 12. Was this a one time deal, where was he all year previous to that performance???
Shocky1

the rainbows are 27-5/13-3 after pipelining long beach state 64-60 to capture the big west championship game in anaheim...hawaii head coach & former st marys assistant coach eran ganot will not fly his team back to the islands but will instead stay & practice in anaheim until wednesday & then fly to spokane for friday's battle with cal

hawaii got 9 player getting more than 13+ minutes in the roster...the rainbows are led by former missouri transfer 6'11" 235 lbs stefan jankovic (15.7 ppg including 55.7% on fgs & 39.5% on 3 pointers along with 6.6 rpg), 6'5" 190 lbs aaron valdes (14.6 ppg with 5.5 rpg) & oakland native 6'3" 205 lbs roderick bobbitt (13.3 ppg along with a team high 5.5 apg & 4.2 rpg)...4th leading scorer isaac fleming (9.5 ppg) quit the team (will transfer) mid season after being upset with his playing time upon returning from a right ankle injury

controlling jankovic is the key to limiting the rainbows offense, he needs to be attacked offensively by the bears as stefan has been prone to foul trouble & therefore is averaging only 24.8 mpg...hawaii does not have another skilled big besides him, young ivee could have another huge game if his teammates will feed him on entry & lob passes, that should be available the entire game

the rainbows have put up 704 3 pointers this season & have made 230 of them, chasing them off screens & defending the perimeter will need to be an area of focus for the bears...hawaii has not played a team that is as aggressive & physical as the bears, cal will have an opportunity to own the boards with a high energy effort friday nice

taking care of the ball will also be a key to the game, the rainbows got 252 steals this season, that's a lot of thefts...the bears, on the other hand, got only 136 steals this season

the bears got the size & athleticism to wear down the rainbows if our guys come out playing loose & with smiles on their faces...basketball is just a game, let's enjoy this moment with an energized team effort this friday in spokane in the 1st round of the ncca tournament

let's do this (let's roll, baby)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842620000 said:

cal basketball fans will always owe a debt of gratitude to mike montgomery, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb, john montgomery, theo robertson & jay john for successfully bringing cal's monster class (2013) to berkeley

mike told me after announcing the coppin state game that he's heading to the pacific islands with the family to spend the holidays with john who is now an assistant coach for hawaii...john is the rainbows director of recruiting & will utilize his west coast aau/high school relationships along with working to open up pipelines in australia & new zealand...one of the inherent uniques challenges in recruiting for hawaii is to figure out which prospective recruits are serious about potentially signing & which ones are just looking for an all expenses paid tropical holiday

yeah, mike's not gonna pack his golf clubs for the trip, he's gonna rent a set when he gets there...let's be real here, his wife sarah (one of orinda country club's more dedicated players) is gonna kick his azz anyways on the links

good luck to johnny in recruiting for the rainbows, life is a bitch

aloha#

john montgomery is an assistant coach for hawaii & is very knowledgeable re: the skillsets of t-wall & cal's monster class (which he helped recruit)

up all nite (breaking down the opponent video)#
First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.