cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,709 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobodeluxe;842668771 said:

Being that you wrote here just a few days ago that you two would always be friends, you might consider editing this post, and giving your bud a call. Talk it over, adult style.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5591[/ATTACH]

i never said i was gonna be friends with watermelon
concordtom
CalEnviroLaw;842668768 said:

Wow. Is that really what is going on? Too much sleaze.

Hard to know what you can believe with Shocky. His brand is, well, not what it could be.
dal9
Bobodeluxe;842668771 said:

Being that you wrote here just a few days ago that you two would always be friends, you might consider editing this post, and giving your bud a call. Talk it over, adult style.

have it on good authority that a face to face meeting was scheduled, but cancelled due to disagreement over whether to meet at a coffee shop or bar
concordtom
Shocky1;842668764 said:

huf, you're misabusing your big brother relationship with t-man to get him to reopen his recruitment is wrong & says a lot about who you are as a person & as a mentor

with you realistically not on the staff next staff in berkeley, do you now think that a young guy from the 25th street housing projects in oklahoma city with no father figure in the picture (he's looking to you for guidance) can no longer achieve his lifelong dreams of helping moms get a better life by pursuing his nba aspirations with rock solid academics as the back up plan at the #1 ranked public university in the world isn't truly in his best interests?

i get it, you're mad at cal with the entire process that has been bureaucratically drawn out forever but are you really gonna use t-man as a pawn in your battle?

yann, we all make bad decisions (and trust me, i've made way more than you my friend) but if t-man ends up at an academically mediocre schools & doesn't graduate because that school lacks the jennifer hunters to make sure he's on track to earn a degree, then t-man still living in the projects with moms in 5 years from now is gonna be predominantly on you...is that **** ok with you, do you even care?

what even makes you tick, who are you?

If nothing else, it's an entertaining read.
concordtom
Shocky1;842668760 said:

glad you have me on ignore & therefore won't mind me pointing out the obvious that you're a 100+ lbs overweight fat azz drunkard that doesn't actually go to cal basketball games but still thinks it's ok to talk **** about the players

For a Cal grad, at 3.9999 at Haas, you sure appear to have a lot to learn in life.
GRRAAH
concordtom;842668787 said:

For a Cal grad, at 3.9999 at Haas, you sure appear to have a lot to learn in life.

Indeed. What a horrible representative for our University. He has no dignity, and it is a shame indeed if recruits and their families bare witness to it.
concordtom
dal9;842668782 said:

have it on good authority that a face to face meeting was scheduled, but cancelled due to disagreement over whether to meet at a coffee shop or bar

Ha ha, that was funny. But the truth is the offered meeting location was a golf course, but Shocky was afraid of losing.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;AVq5lc6sVVo][/video]

impose your will#
GoldenBear1
I'm surprised Jolley would ask for his release over an assistant Coach.
I always thought he was drawn to play for Coach Martin?
Can CM talk to him before granting release
oskidunker
He has talked to him over three days according to Jolly.
socaltownie
oskidunker;842668833 said:

He has talked to him over three days according to Jolly.

Yup. Sounds like YH was the lead recruiter and that, depending on whom you believe, that YH has done some scorched earth actions on this. Sad.
GoCalBears
No need crying over spilled milk. This give cm an extra schollie to offer.
tsubamoto2001
GoldenBear1;842668827 said:

I'm surprised Jolley would ask for his release over an assistant Coach.
I always thought he was drawn to play for Coach Martin?
Can CM talk to him before granting release

Yanni evaluated and recruited Jolly. Cal was his first high-major offer and he blew up in the summer before his senior year.

Jemarl Baker (2017) is another Yanni guy. It'll be interesting to see if he sticks with his commitment.
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]stay the course[/SIZE]

CalEnviroLaw
HoopDreams;842669046 said:

[SIZE=5]stay the course[/SIZE]

I really like Coleman already.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Singer made the play of the game, running the entire court, shaking the Hawaii defender out of his shoes at mid-court, and finishing with a sweet layup[/SIZE]

concordtom
(Response moved to Jolly thread)
watermelon
Shocky1;842668777 said:

i never said i was gonna be friends with watermelon

But your wife loves me. She gets especially excited and satisfied during Cal games when you are away.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal was a combined 33 seconds (including two overtimes) away from beating #4 Virginia, #13 Utah, and #19 Arizona (all road games)[/SIZE]

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842669093 said:

[SIZE=5]Singer made the play of the game, running the entire court, shaking the Hawaii defender out of his shoes at mid-court, and finishing with a sweet layup[/SIZE]

This reaction from Singer, in particular, is a particularly positive sign, for more reasons, and more complex reasons, than can be imagined.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]bitter sweet[/SIZE]

There is no doubt in my mind, that if we had Wallace and Bird, we would have beat Hawaii going away
I think we would have still won if we had Bird
Singer got two early fouls and had to sit out a lot of the game. With Wallace it would have been no big deal. Instead, we were down to our 3rd string PG who barely plays
Wallace would have had a field day over the smaller Warrior players also
It was also very obvious that Hawaii packed it in and dared us to shoot. We got lots of wide-open looks, and if it was Bird who was catching and shooting, we'd have 15-18 more points

The other frustrating thing, is I think Cal was clearly better than Maryland if we had both Wallace and Bird. I watched their game, and Maryland's best player seemed to be their PG Trimble, and one of their post players. Wallace matched up really well with their PG and no way would have Trimble got 8 rebounds against Wallace, and I think our bigs could have handled Maryland's front court

I think we would have gotten to the Sweet Sixteen without the injuries

concordtom
HoopDreams;842669602 said:

[SIZE=6]bitter sweet[/SIZE]

There is no doubt in my mind, that if we had Wallace and Bird, we would have beat Hawaii going away
I think we would have still won if we had Bird
Singer got two early fouls and had to sit out a lot of the game. With Wallace it would have been no big deal. Instead, we were down to our 3rd string PG who barely plays
Wallace would have had a field day over the smaller Warrior players also
It was also very obvious that Hawaii packed it in and dared us to shoot. We got lots of wide-open looks, and if it was Bird who was catching and shooting, we'd have 15-18 more points

The other frustrating thing, is I think Cal was clearly better than Maryland if we had both Wallace and Bird. I watched their game, and Maryland's best player seemed to be their PG Trimble, and one of their post players. Wallace matched up really well with their PG and no way would have Trimble got 8 rebounds against Wallace, and I think our bigs could have handled Maryland's front court

I think we would have gotten to the Sweet Sixteen without the injuries

absolutely.
Possible we'd have lost, but I think we'd be alive, prepping for Kansas.
Too much lost, 40% of starters, to overcome.
I don't understand folks that thought it was a blemish on CM. Come on, y'all - 40%.
Shocky1
when we go to the club, we don't need no id

[video=youtube;k-KCpPSpZSs][/video]
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Dear Comissioner Allen,

How are you?

I am fine.

Along with the North & South Divisions, are you gonna also set up a Criminal Division of the Pac 12 for Dana Altman & the Oregon basketball program?

Shocky
Shocky1
jd: what the **** are those people doing here, who let them in?

assistant coach: relax johnny, they're called fans, they bought tickets

jd (shaking his head): that's just crazy
Shocky1
Shocky1;842624335 said:

let's be real clear on this, the bears staff did absolutely everything (ethically, we're not oregon) possible to recruit big sauce to berkeley but his dad roosevelt barnes (a longtime friend of coach martin) wanted him to stay closer to their ft wayne home

read my lips (particularly if you're a curvy brunette yoga female), caleb swanigan wanted to come to cal...let's be real here, i successfully recruited big sauce along with ivan & jaylen by attending their high school all star games in chicago, portland & long island as part of cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)

caleb is averaging 10.5 ppg, 9.2 rpg & 2.4 apg for the boilermakers which are now my favorite big 10 program

fuschia is the new black#

caleb swanigan declares for the 2016 nba draft

big sauce is gonna find out real fast that the nba is a brutal billion dollar biz played by hardened bad azz fully grown men, it's kinda like a prison in which the strongest males impose their physical domination upon others in that sense

sleeping with one eye open#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Kam likes San Diego

In fact, he's been practicing his surfing form to get ready to catch a wave...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Shocky1
the personal trainer for marquess chriss & dejounte murray's rescue dog skye have both declared for the 2016 nba draft & will sign with agents that have azzured them that they gonna be minted for sure

if you believe even 5% of what runners & agents tell you, you're a dumb ****

nick hamilton=opportunity to be the 1st ethical sports agent from cal
HoopDreams

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]"My son was a walk-on there this year. He had an incredible experience with his teammates, with the coaching staff, with Cuonzo," Kerr said before Golden State hosted the Los Angeles Clippers. "I wanted to say thanks for the season that Cal had and for the experience that my son had. All I wanted to vouch for was his character. He's been an incredible mentor for my son, phenomenal coach, and I just wanted to say thanks for that"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
the cal staff has extended an offer to 6'6" 200 lbs 2016 combo guard nick robinson from kenwood high school in chicago

coach webster has told nick that cali don't got freezing azz winters like chicago, it's not sweater weather

[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTk5LCJoZWlnaHQi OjY2NiwieCI6MC41OSwieSI6MC4xOH0%3D&s=r3Id6ec3yF9zy707mbn7NA6%2BEMk%3D[/IMG]

kenwood lost to simeon 54-49 in the epic city public league championship game despite robinson's 13 points & 8 boards

[video=youtube;dOELzmm36Bo][/video]

nick is a lot more mature than most high schoolers, both his dad & brother passed on last year, he's had to accept more responsibility as he strives to respect their memories thru his efforts both on & off the court

robinson is gonna officially visit berkeley on april 8-10th, he's also got interest from wisconsin, st joseph's (march 28-30th officially visit) & is a former indiana state commit

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the windy city)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR="#0000CD"]Thank you Bears
It was a great run!
[/COLOR][/FONT]
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
"nobody is better than anyone, despite their stature or status"

-ivan rabb, noted oak town community activist

let's be real here, young ivee, curvy brunette yoga females that like them fuschia sprinkles aren't special?

jb hip hop facts#
Shocky1
former cal player & standout & current head coach at uab jerrod haase is a leading contender for the stanford opening

the stature of pac 12 basketball would be further enhanced by press conferences between the donut boy of tuscon & the donut boy of palo alto focusing upon the best dunkin' donuts multiple variety boxes, teasing each other about their man boobs & **** like that

First Page Last Page
Page 303 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.