cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,624 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
CalEnviroLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NVGolfingBear;842666350 said:

Appropriate that Zona was playing Dunkin' Donuts arena tonight...

That is perfect. I should have known.
Shocky1
"distinguish reality from the illusions that people make..."

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & scholar

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru
BoaltBear
Game. Day. Game-mother-****ing-day. Let's ***ing go *****es!!! Let's gooooooo!
Shocky1
the donut boy of tuscon had a nervous breakdown meltdown of epic proportions as arizona (25-9) turned the ball over 19 times to wichita state 65-55 at the dunkin' donuts arena (not a joke)...dude needs a yoga practice & counseling on how to interact with his players, calling them pieces of **** during games isn't really working

jakob poeltl had 18 rebounds as utah (27-8) outmuscled fresno state 80-69

andy endfield coached like a dumb azz down the stretch as usc (21-13) threw the game vs providence 70-69

josh scott scored 23 points with 11 boards in his final college game but didn't get much support as colorado (22-12) got leashed 74-67 by connecticut
Shocky1
brj1;842666306 said:

here's a cool, composed coach who almost always gets his man in recruiting. 10 minutes in, he has completely sweat through his shirt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5580[/ATTACH]

plus he got man boobs, not that there's anything wrong with that (we're not here to judge)
BearsObserver
more on Ira lee ...

"Lee, a top-30 recruit nationally in the junior class will be the face of the Under Armour Association on the West Coast alongside Cal-commit Jemarl Baker (Roosevelt High in Corona) and Top-60 recruit Kezie Okpala (Esperanza High)."

http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/2016/03/17/boys-basketball-ryan-silvers-earl-watson-elite-club-program-adds-top-2017-prospect-sierra-canyon-standout/

BearBackerinLA;842666269 said:

Cal recruit Ira Lee news ...

Shocky1
SFBearz;842666271 said:

Beat down? He just confirmed what you wrote and everything wrong with this thread.

tom is a good guy and bleeds blue & gold, sometimes i just get a little tired of his john birch society morality

look, i'm going to my yoga/meditation classes with the hopes of becoming a nicer person but let's be real here, we're all works in progress
BoaltBear
### Let's do this ###

Go Bears!
Shocky1
these guys truly love each other, plus they can clap really good too

[video=youtube;Zql6o5xPdpY][/video]
SmellinRoses
Gawd - I love this stuff.
Shocky1
SmellinRoses;842666397 said:

Gawd - I love this stuff.

me too, clapping & working out is really important

Shocky1
UCBerkGrad;842666102 said:

Agree 100%. Classy response.

i dunno i think that being classy is kinda overrated unless you're the matre de at the george v in paris , it's way more important to have fun
HoopDreams
Shocky1
Shocky1;842663593 said:

the rainbows are 27-5/13-3 after pipelining long beach state 64-60 to capture the big west championship game in anaheim...hawaii head coach & former st marys assistant coach eran ganot will not fly his team back to the islands but will instead stay & practice in anaheim until wednesday & then fly to spokane for friday's battle with cal

hawaii got 9 player getting more than 13+ minutes in the roster...the rainbows are led by former missouri transfer 6'11" 235 lbs stefan jankovic (15.7 ppg including 55.7% on fgs & 39.5% on 3 pointers along with 6.6 rpg), 6'5" 190 lbs aaron valdes (14.6 ppg with 5.5 rpg) & oakland native 6'3" 205 lbs roderick bobbitt (13.3 ppg along with a team high 5.5 apg & 4.2 rpg)...4th leading scorer isaac fleming (9.5 ppg) quit the team (will transfer) mid season after being upset with his playing time upon returning from a right ankle injury

controlling jankovic is the key to limiting the rainbows offense, he needs to be attacked offensively by the bears as stefan has been prone to foul trouble & therefore is averaging only 24.8 mpg...hawaii does not have another skilled big besides him, young ivee could have another huge game if his teammates will feed him on entry & lob passes, that should be available the entire game

the rainbows have put up 704 3 pointers this season & have made 230 of them, chasing them off screens & defending the perimeter will need to be an area of focus for the bears...hawaii has not played a team that is as aggressive & physical as the bears, cal will have an opportunity to own the boards with a high energy effort friday nice

taking care of the ball will also be a key to the game, the rainbows got 252 steals this season, that's a lot of thefts...the bears, on the other hand, got only 136 steals this season

the bears got the size & athleticism to wear down the rainbows if our guys come out playing loose & with smiles on their faces...basketball is just a game, let's enjoy this moment with an energized team effort this friday in spokane in the 1st round of the ncca tournament

let's do this (let's roll, baby)#

coach just texted me asking me to summarize the gameplan so he can share it with the squad: pound the ball inside via entry/lob passes to young ivee to get foul prone stefan janvokic in trouble early in the game & defensively harass rainbows facilitator roderick bobbitt into turnovers...this game is gonna be brutally physical (watch the bows vs sooners game video) & i fully expect hawaii to play with a chip on their shoulders kinda like cal's hostile play in last season finale at the pac 12 tnt vs arizona when seniors kravish, tarwater & behrens left it all on the court

let's ******* do this#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]The Bears fought hard, and players made big plays
But the team who made the late season run wasn't on the court today

And too bad, because it would have been glorious[/SIZE]

89Bear
Shocky1;842666451 said:

coach just texted me asking me to summarize the gameplan so he can share it with the squad: pound the ball inside via entry/lob passes to young ivee to get foul prone stefan janvokic in trouble early in the game & defensively harass rainbows facilitator roderick bobbitt into turnovers...this game is gonna be brutally physical (watch the bows vs sooners game video) & i fully expect hawaii to play with a chip on their shoulders kinda like cal's hostile play in last season finale at the pac 12 tnt vs arizona when seniors kravish, tarwater & behrens left it all on the court
let's ******* do this#

Do you think Brown "left it all on the court?" Yes, he had a poor game. Everyone does. How was his effort?
concordtom
89Bear;842667705 said:

Do you think Brown "left it all on the court?" Yes, he had a poor game. Everyone does. How was his effort?

Yes. He used all 5 fouls. That's called leaving it all on the floor, and I'm not trying to be a smartass. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. We've all been there.
Shocky1
taylor, sorry you had to miss today's ncca tournament game in spokane but your attending high school is kinda important too...glad you love the 2016 california golden bears march madness t-shirt that the prez of your fan club asked me to give to you, what a sweetheart

it's been a long season with 100+ flights to/from north scottsdale to experience the ride, so glad we shared much of it together & are celebrating the new friendships we've made...a perfect 18-0 record at haas pavilion & the screaming from the rooftops of the nation's #1 team in attendance growth at 25.7% is something we will never forget

t-wall needs to get healthy again for the nba combines, ivan & jaylen need to make their decisions, dontae coleman will make his official visit to berkeley, funding for an essential $25 million basketball practice facility needs to come together (it's not a coincidence that the men's team was last in the pac 12 & the women's 2nd to last in the pac 12 in free throw shooting this season) & most importantly, formally sign coach martin to a multiple year contract to ensure the current upward trajectory of the cal basketball program

love you, sweetie, can't wait for our next adventure (spring break in hong kong, hainan island, vietnam & bangkok as part of my world golf course rating responsibilities) next week

the magic of cal basketball (share it with those that you love)#
concordtom
Honestly, shock, it's been quite a journey.
Let's get the stats.
100 flights, wow.
What games did you NOT make?
concordtom
"my dad went to Spokane, and all he got me was this t-shirt"
Sorry... Just thought of that.
You're lucky, Taylor. It's more than I got my girls today, this week, this month.
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842667894 said:

taylor, sorry you had to miss today's ncca tournament game in spokane but your attending high school is kinda important too...glad you love the 2016 california golden bears march madness t-shirt that the prez of your fan club asked me to give to you, what a sweetheart

it's been a long season with 100+ flights to/from north scottsdale to experience the ride, so glad we shared much of it together & are celebrating the new friendships we've made...a perfect 18-0 record at haas pavilion & the screaming from the rooftops of the nation's #1 team in attendance growth at 25.7% is something we will never forget

t-wall needs to get healthy again for the nba combines, ivan & jaylen need to make their decisions, dontae coleman will make his official visit to berkeley, funding for an essential $25 million basketball practice facility needs to come together (it's not a coincidence that the men's team was last in the pac 12 & the women's 2nd to last in the pac 12 in free throw shooting this season) & most importantly, formally sign coach martin to a multiple year contract to ensure the current upward trajectory of the cal basketball program

love you, sweetie, can't wait for our next adventure (spring break in hong kong, hainan island, vietnam & bangkok as part of my world golf course rating responsibilities) next week

the magic of cal basketball (share it with those that you love)#

Wow, you rank world golf courses. Coolestguy#intheworldwishIwasyou
concordtom
Chapman_is_Gone;842667909 said:

Wow, you rank world golf courses. Coolestguy#intheworldwishIwasyou

No need for it.
Why be a dick?
RABBOLUTION
Family Fun Center or Boomers has to be up there. Miniature Golf rules.
SmellinRoses
concordtom;842667725 said:

Yes. He used all 5 fouls. That's called leaving it all on the floor, and I'm not trying to be a smartass. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. We've all been there.

He actually committed two fouls.
concordtom
SmellinRoses;842668059 said:

He actually committed two fouls.

Fair point. But they still told him his time on the floor was expired. Same difference.
vbones
concordtom;842667914 said:

No need for it.
Why be a dick?

It seems that being a self centered dick is the entire premise of this thread. :gobears:
watermelon
vbones;842668072 said:

It seems that being a self centered dick is the entire premise of this thread. :gobears:

haha. shocky could write a book on that.
RABBOLUTION
watermelon;842668143 said:

haha. shocky could write a book on that.

Yeah Watermelon no doubt about that. Thank God I found the ignore button.
HoopDreams

CalEnviroLaw
HoopDreams;842668423 said:

That is really cool that 'Reef is following the team.
Shocky1
RABBOLUTION;842668164 said:

Yeah Watermelon no doubt about that. Thank God I found the ignore button.

glad you have me on ignore & therefore won't mind me pointing out the obvious that you're a 100+ lbs overweight fat azz drunkard that doesn't actually go to cal basketball games but still thinks it's ok to talk **** about the players
Shocky1
huf, you're misabusing your big brother relationship with t-man to get him to reopen his recruitment is wrong & says a lot about who you are as a person & as a mentor

with you realistically not on the staff next staff in berkeley, do you now think that a young guy from the 25th street housing projects in oklahoma city with no father figure in the picture (he's looking to you for guidance) can no longer achieve his lifelong dreams of helping moms get a better life by pursuing his nba aspirations with rock solid academics as the back up plan at the #1 ranked public university in the world isn't truly in his best interests?

i get it, you're mad at cal with the entire process that has been bureaucratically drawn out forever but are you really gonna use t-man as a pawn in your battle?

yann, we all make bad decisions (and trust me, i've made way more than you my friend) but if t-man ends up at an academically mediocre schools & doesn't graduate because that school lacks the jennifer hunters to make sure he's on track to earn a degree, then t-man still living in the projects with moms in 5 years from now is gonna be predominantly on you...is that **** ok with you, do you even care?

what even makes you tick, who are you?
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842668764 said:

huf, you're misabusing your big brother relationship with t-man to get him to reopen his recruitment is wrong & says a lot about who you are as a person & as a mentor

with you realistically not on the staff next staff in berkeley, do you now think that a young guy from the 25th street housing projects in oklahoma city with no father figure in the picture (he's looking to you for guidance) can no longer achieve his lifelong dreams of helping moms get a better life at the #1 ranked public university in the world while pursuing his nba aspirations with rock solid academics as the back up plan isn't truly in his best interests?

i get it, you're mad at cal with the entire process have been bureaucratically drawn out forever but are you really gonna use t-man as a pawn in your battle?

yann, we all make bad decisions (and trust me, i've made way more than you my friend) but if t-man ends up at an academically mediocre schools & doesn't graduate because that school lacks the jennifer hunters to make sure he's
on track to earn a degree, then t-man still living in the projects with moms in 5 years from now is gonna be predominantly on you...is that **** ok with you, do you even care?

Wow. Is that really what is going on? Too much sleaze.
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842668764 said:

with you realistically not on the staff next staff in berkeley, do you now think that a young guy from the 25th street housing projects in oklahoma city with no father figure in the picture (he's looking to you for guidance) can no longer achieve his lifelong dreams of helping moms get a better life by pursuing his nba aspirations with rock solid academics as the back up plan at the #1 ranked public university in the world isn't truly in his best interests?

i get it, you're mad at cal with the entire process that has been bureaucratically drawn out forever but are you really gonna use t-man as a pawn in your battle?

yann, we all make bad decisions (and trust me, i've made way more than you my friend) but if t-man ends up at an academically mediocre schools & doesn't graduate because that school lacks the jennifer hunters to make sure he's on track to earn a degree, then t-man still living in the projects with moms in 5 years from now is gonna be predominantly on you...is that **** ok with you, do you even care?

Being that you wrote here just a few days ago that you two would always be friends, you might consider editing this post, and giving your bud a call. Talk it over, adult style.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5591[/ATTACH]
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.