cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,271,353 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842673340 said:

when cal's diamonds are forever class (2016) was making their decisions (primarily relying upon the info provided in the cal's monster class thread) to protect the young exploited workers of sierra leone by becoming mentally/educationally limitless true student athletes with social consciences in berkeley, jaylen & ivan both emphasized that they were making independent choices that were the best decisions for themselves & their families

but it's becoming clear that the nba decisions for the roommates will not be independent decisions, that their future professional basketball & academic/basketball progress at the #1 ranked public university (#3 overall) in the world timelines are interwined

eye to eye so alive beautiful like diamonds in the sky

illuminati#

jaylen & ivan, i really don/t have a recommendation whether or not you should head to the nba now, i don't think either one of you is ready to dominate at that level (brown: shooting 30% on 3 pointers from the college line, a mediocre free throw average, leading the pac 12 in offensive charges & dumb fouls & often standing upright in a non defensive posture and rabb: mediocre mid range shooting along with out muscled & pushed around both offensively & defensively by mid level d1 4s along with a failure to vocally demand the ball/physically position yourself for lob/entry pass although that's more on your blind azz teammates than you) but i get it, those future paychecks from the league (which drafts on potential) are very enticing

but at the end of the day you should be talking to moms, they unconditionally love you & have sacrificed so much for your remarkable development as truly high character young men with special gifts that extend far beyond the basketball court

young ivee, what does tami think you should do?

jb, what does mechalle think you should do?

a better day#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842677036 said:

the cal staff's overall #1 recruiting target on the big board jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) has moved up to #2 in the most recent scout national rankings (behind marvin bagley of sierra canyon high school who may or may not attend college)

yeah, both travis decuire & theo robertson were telling me about the elite middle schooler from near sacramento a couple of years ago

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 point moneyballs

jordan & his family have visited berkeley several times including the closed practice the day before the team traveled to australia last summer & also gamedays during the 18-0 perfect home season at haas pavillion, they've experienced the family atmosphere of the cal basketball program

brown is the young ivee (richard midgley told me he thinks they have very similar skillsets) of the 2018 class & with his 3.8 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris & brandon williams

let's do this

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and the closest school to the fam)

coach martin & coach jones showing the love in person for jordan brown this morning at the adidas uprising in dallas at the duncanville fieldhouse as the #2 ranked player in the 2018 class had 17 points on 7-13 fgs & 3-6 fts along with 8 boards & 2 assists as his play hard play smart aau team got knocked off 50-49 by k-low elite
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;JhXDJcWjCs4][/video]

BearsObserver
stats from the Adidas Uprising tournament games in Dallas this weekend ...

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/69633/event/documents/playerstatistics?teamid=228548&teamplayerid=151492&output=pdf

Shocky1;842678241 said:

coach martin & coach jones showing the love in person for jordan brown this morning at the adidas uprising in dallas at the duncanville fieldhouse as the #2 ranked player in the 2018 class had 17 points on 7-13 fgs & 3-6 fts along with 8 boards & 2 assists as his play hard play smart aau team got knocked off 50-49 by k-low elite
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;LM3MKBKmXkA][/video]

BearsObserver
Basketball isn’t his only passion, however. He wants to study marine biology and has taught himself to play everything from the piano to the marimba. Those interests will help him decide on a college.

“I plan on narrowing my list by the end of the summer,” McCoy said. “Arizona, UCLA, Cal, USC and Michigan State are working hard. Basically, I’m looking for a family oriented winning team and if they offer my major.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/cathedral-catholic-high-school-san-diego-ca-brandon-mccoy-deandre-ayton-nike-eybl#sthash.msT3bq0W.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/j7ORBUHlB2

Shocky1;842617351 said:

cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from cathedral high school (previously attended morse) who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

brandon visited with the cal staff in berkeley on a saturday morning in october & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic 2017 class game this afternoon with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

actionable offer#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842678314 said:

Basketball isn’t his only passion, however. He wants to study marine biology and has taught himself to play everything from the piano to the marimba. Those interests will help him decide on a college.

“I plan on narrowing my list by the end of the summer,” McCoy said. “Arizona, UCLA, Cal, USC and Michigan State are working hard. Basically, I’m looking for a family oriented winning team and if they offer my major.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/cathedral-catholic-high-school-san-diego-ca-brandon-mccoy-deandre-ayton-nike-eybl#sthash.msT3bq0W.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/j7ORBUHlB2

good work bearbackerinla, this is a major development in brandon mccoy's recruitment, by virtue of this post i'm requesting my peeps within the cal basketball program to facilitate direct communications between brandon & cal's world class ocean marine sciences program which is part of the earth and planetary school...it should be noted that there's are undergraduate bachelor of sciences, masters & phd programs offered in berkeley

usc does not offer an undergraduate program for those interested in ocean marine sciences & academically mediocre schools (95%+ acceptance rates) like arizona & michigan state that are far away from the coast don't offer anything remotely related to this educational track

the lack of an ocean marine program along with mccoy's interest in playing in a family oriented program is gonna hurt the donut boy of tucson who has told mccoy that he's gonna recruit him like stanley johnson which means he will personally attend virtually every aau & high school game until he makes a collegiate decision

there is no family environment in tucson, elliott pitts is accused of raping (he claims is was consensual sex) the sister of a teammate & miller and his star bigs zeus never saw eye to eye, basketball in pima county is just a business for those that are not mentally limitless

tucson is a dump#
Shocky1
jordan brown has told eric bossi that the california golden bears are recruiting him the hardest thus far

got a lotta energy#
Shocky1
our guys doin' the hang with the west oakland boys & girls club...if you want to be part of a family based basketball program with a social conscience, this could be your team...our california golden bears do more community service work than any other d1 program in the united states of america & as a cal grad i could not be prouder of their commitment to honoring the guiding principles of an elite educational institution that has been at the forefront of free speech, questioning authority (becoming an independent thinker both in thought & in actions), the celebration of diversity & free speech and protecting the rights of those less fortunate

https://vimeo.com/45797764

this is cal basketball (giving back)#
Shocky1
if you stare long enough at the faces of the young kids in the foto above you will seek the look of hope...if even one of these children asked one of our guys if they think they can go to college someday & our guy offers encouragement and it plants a vision/a seed of hope for educational achievement, then the day was well spent

do it, really look at each of these young kids (they are more interspersed with the group than you think & they aren't all posing for the camera that's for sure) for a minute & try to visualize their realities & what it means for them to have our guys there with them
Shocky1
the most interesting kids in the foto for me are the cute/confident girl with the white t-shirt in the front row with crossed arms & the reassuring smile and the dude with the red shirt in the back row (partially blocked out by roger) that is standing sideways staring down his oaktown idol young ivee like he can't even believe it he's there

buddy, i know the feeling, 1st time i saw ivan rabb on the court of haas pavilion on november 13, 2015 in a real game vs rice it was like a surreal ******* dream
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Roman got game[/SIZE]

Shocky1
grant, welcome to the beautiful san francisco bay area, it's gonna be 80% today in berkeley, it's definitely not freezing azz east coast weather in cali

it's important to keep kinda an open mind about things like this but it's really quite amazing what you've accomplished on the basketball court thus far without a right leg

but the last guy coach martin brought in without a right leg turned out ok

anyways not to digress, grant, but you're never gonna be able to try out for the cal pole vaulting team, ok?...that's not gonna happen

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new york city)
BoilerUp
Jeff Goodman on twitter today said Cal has shown interest in Tennessee transfer Ray Kasongo. Went to UT from JuCo if I believe.
Shocky1
BoilerUp;842678386 said:

Jeff Goodman on twitter today said Cal has shown interest in Tennessee transfer Ray Kasongo. Went to UT from JuCo if I believe.

there is absolutely zero chance that a total dumb azz like ray kosongo who couldn't get accepted at oregon (which is academically a junior college with a professional sports program) will be accepted by cal admissions

keep in mind that jeff goodman is the proud owner of 3 chins & an arizona degree, his ability to spew inaccurate information re: the cal basketball program is unrivaled

still waiting for goodman to break the story why elliott pitts sat at the end of the bench this season & the absolutely dysfunctional arizona locker room

bear down (at dirtbags with a double cheeseburger with extra fries & a large coke)#
BoilerUp
Shocky1;842678390 said:

there is absolutely zero chance that a total dumb azz like ray kosongo who couldn't get accepted at oregon (which is academically a junior college with a professional sports program) will be accepted by cal admissions

keep in mind that jeff goodman is the proud owner of 3 chins & an arizona degree, his ability to spew inaccurate information re: the cal basketball program is unrivaled

still waiting for goodman to break the story why elliott pitts sat at the end of the bench this season & the absolutely dysfunctional arizona locker room

bear down (at dirtbags with a double cheeseburger with extra fries & a large coke)#

Ha! Surprised me to read it, was reading about transfers Purdue has shown interest in. I've learned since following Cal now that Zo is the coach that Goodman is an Arizona homer.
Shocky1
BoilerUp;842678392 said:

Ha! Surprised me to read it, was reading about transfers Purdue has shown interest in. I've learned since following Cal now that Zo is the coach that Goodman is an Arizona homer.

what's your take on big sauce, will he return to purdue next season?
BoilerUp
Shocky1;842678395 said:

what's your take on big sauce, will he return to purdue next season?

I think he returns, and hope he returns.
Shocky1
BoilerUp;842678397 said:

I think he returns, and hope he returns.

got it, did you get to know marcus green at all while he was a boilermaker?

he's been a real plus for the cal basketball program with his energy & mentoring skills
BoilerUp
Shocky1;842678427 said:

got it, did you get to know marcus green at all while he was a boilermaker?

he's been a real plus for the cal basketball program with his energy & mentoring skills

I did not, graduated in 2003, before Marcus. Got to know Cuonzo well and Coach Webster a little.
Shocky1
BoilerUp;842678434 said:

I did not, graduated in 2003, before Marcus. Got to know Cuonzo well and Coach Webster a little.

watching all the missed free throws this season by the bears (which cost them games), kinda wished coach webster still got some eligibility, dude can flat out shoot the rock
Shocky1
lil' b (the based god) attended cal's 2016 spring scrimmage on saturday & got a personalized cal football jersey

don't want a hex placed on me like james harden or jaylen brown but he is chasing the wrong girl, just ask huf

[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

california girl (curvy brunette yoga female)#
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]word out is Columbia transfer guard Grant Mullins visited Cal today[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842500510 said:

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jaylen-brown-ready-to-put-stamp-on-bay-area-challenges-rapper-lil-b-to-1-on-1#sthash.K5ImF4zI.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/1xgm579ZzV

the bay area is the epicenter of the free speech movement & incoming diamond jaylen brown is already warming up his right to express himself with lil b, a berkeley self proclaimed "american rap artist, producer & motivational speaker"...when these guys meet up at haas espn is gonna interrupt all worldwide programming to bring the action live

and yeah, the curvy brunette yoga female's dress is fuschia

lil' b at memorial stadium saturday for the spring scrimmage

jaylen no esta en la casa, no es bueno:headbang

Shocky1
what up, grant?

you're racking up the frequent flyer points with visits to syracuse last friday, cal yesterday & today & michigan this wednesday

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/04/columbia_graduate_transfer_gra.html

but let's be real here, both syracuse & michigan would both be major drops down from an academic perspective after columbia, if you want to work on wall street or in the financial markets in san francisco, los angeles or london you might want to keep that in mind...where do you want to live this summer when you start grad school?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842678780 said:

what up, grant?

you're racking up the frequent flyer points with visits to syracuse last friday, cal yesterday & today & michigan this wednesday

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/04/columbia_graduate_transfer_gra.html

but let's be real here, both syracuse & michigan would both be major drops down from an academic perspective after columbia, if you want to work on wall street or in the financial markets in san francisco, los angeles or london you might want to keep that in mind...where do you want to live this summer when you start grad school?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

shocky, I think you better check your impression of Michigan. My understanding is that it is very, very close to Cal. I don't think anyone considers it a big drop down from a Cal education. Regardless, would love to see him at Cal.
Shocky1
grant, will it be a factor in your grad school decision that your sister melissa who played for harvard is now working for a hedge fund in the san francisco bay area & that she could go to all your games at haas pavilion in berkeley?...would missy be the prez of the grant mullins fan club on gamedays?

does it matter that if you select cal that your moms theresa who played for the canadian women's national team & professionally in holland along with dad andy along with marie & mike could then visit both of of you in the beautiful bay area?

the family#
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842678786 said:

shocky, I think you better check your impression of Michigan. My understanding is that it is very, very close to Cal. I don't think anyone considers it a big drop down from a Cal education. Regardless, would love to see him at Cal.

odonto, according to the us news & report world rankings link above michigan is ranked #17 & syracuse #329

grant's sister melissa graduated with a degree from the #1 ranked university in the world

reality is that the state of michigan is in a state of decline with the demise of the auto industry but who knows maybe grant wants to be a wholesale fertilizer salesman & buy a $15k home in detroit someday, michigan degree would be a real plus in making that dream come true
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842678789 said:

odonto, according to the us news & report world rankings link above michigan is ranked #17 & syracuse #329

grant's sister melissa graduated with a degree from the #1 ranked university in the world

reality is that the state of michigan is in a state of decline with the demise of the auto industry but who knows maybe grant wants to be a wholesale fertilizer salesman & buy a $15k home in detroit someday, michigan degree would be a real plus in making that dream come true

All things considered, you may be the biggest idiot who has ever posted on this board.
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone;842678802 said:

All things considered, you may be the biggest idiot who has ever posted on this board.

i'm aware of that, that's the only thing you ever post about on this board

why do you keep reading the cal's monster class?...you might need therapy or something
Shocky1
it's a very good sign that a lot of transfers are listing cal as one of their potential destinations, coach martin & his staff are building a reputation as a family place to play that you can trust

but that doesn't mean that every player that's mentioned on twitter has either a cal conditional or actionable offer and in some cases is even remotely qualified to be accepted by admissions at berkeley
First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.