cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,277,475 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the cal staff's overall #1 recruiting target on the big board jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) has moved up to #2 in the most recent scout national rankings (behind marvin bagley of sierra canyon high school who may or may not attend college)

yeah, both travis decuire & theo robertson were telling me about the elite middle schooler from near sacramento a couple of years ago

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 point moneyballs

jordan & his family have visited berkeley several times including the closed practice the day before the team traveled to australia last summer & also gamedays during the 18-0 perfect home season at haas pavillion, they've experienced the family atmosphere of the cal basketball program

brown is the young ivee (richard midgley told me he thinks they have very similar skillsets) of the 2018 class & with his 3.8 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris & brandon williams

let's do this

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and the closest school to the fam)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842651360 said:

the california golden bears staff were the 1st major school to actively target miles norris, a 6'8" 180 lbs top 15 player in the 2018 class & big wing from mater dei catholic in chula vista

miles got size 15 feet & is expected to grown a couple more inches...he is smooth with interior dunks, an accurate mid range game & 3 point shooting skills and most importantly, a very high basketball iq which is a highly coveted trait by the staff...defensively norris uses his elite length to close out on defenders

miles got an actionable offer from coach martin during his september unofficial visit to berkeley, he also recently unofficially visited the donut boy of tuscon

yeah, miles norris is a key priority for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego county)

congrats to miles norris on moving up to #10 in the most recent scout 2018 national class rankings
Shocky1
Shocky1;842672503 said:

the cal staff is in discussions with 6'3" 175 lbs potential graduate transfer grant mullins (from burlington, ontario) from columbia university in the ivy league...his head coach kyle smith recently accepted the head coaching position at taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

other schools involved at this time include michigan, syracuse & hawaii

last season grant averaged 13.3 ppg in 31.1 mpg with a lethal 43.9% on 3 pointers & 83.1% on fts, dude can definitely shoot the rock but can also facilitate with 3.3 apg & contribute on the boards with 3.8 rpg

mullins would benefit from speaking with dwight tarwater re: his experiences as an ivy league grad transfer to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

a moment of love (mary)#

grant mullins will visit cal next monday
Shocky1

not gonna lie, everytime i see this video i'm reminded of sitting on the floor like jay z on the greatest stage on earth madison square garden watching my underdog california golden bears upset them local syracuse orangemen in front of an absolutely stunned crowd with bird & creasy absolutely making everything from central park and beyond & then the jubilant locker room celebration in the kinda dumpy locker room

3 card marvin#
Shocky1
"we're excited to have don (cal's monster class editor's note: who's that?) join our program...don is a fast and quick guard who can both distribute and score with the basketball...he is capable of making teammates around him better"

-coach martin

confused re: big boi?...check out the explanation below, don't be a dumb azz

Shocky1

i don't care if he led the pac 12 in out of control charges this season (j mat led the pac 12 the prior season) or not, jaylen brown is not my favorite chess player, it's not even close

never underestimate the importance of knowing what's truly the next best move for you in life, unlocking the mind is a special gift

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

friends of a lifetime#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]yeah, the Warriors are making history[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]but the Bears also making history...
...and we ain't done yet ...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842609435 said:

the bears staff is actively recruiting 6'1" 155 lbs brandon williams the top ranked pg on the west coast in the 2018 class from crespi carmelite high school

williams has elite court speed & vision and can create for both his teammates & himself with jumpers off the dribble

the 2 schools on him the hardest at this time are cal & arizona

williams led crespi carmelite to a high school championship at haas pavilion last spring & then his parents joined him for an unofficial visit this november for the blue & gold scrimmage...he's already built a strong relationship with fellow los angeles guy, roman davis

brandon kinda wasted his academic talents as a freshman with a 2.5 gpa (which is not gonna get you a scholly to berkeley) but is now very motivated to become mentally limitless, his gpa this year is closer to 3.3...as his gpa continues to rise, the difference between an academically mediocre school like arizona with its 95% acceptance rate & the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world will become more of a factor when a decision is made down the road

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#

congrats to brandon williams moving up to #24 in the most recent 2018 national class rankings
HoopDreams
Shocky1
followers of the cal basketball program need to understand that being academically cleared by the ncca (which is a very low bar unless you have a learning disability and/or got no academic ambition) is not the same thing as being accepted by the cal admissions office, ok?

any conversation re: cal basketball recruiting that does not include gpas or knowledge of the athletic department's new 80% policy (which i 100% support, it makes absolutely no sense to bring sub 3.0 gpa dumb azzs to berkeley that won't stay eligible & graduate) is a fool's errand

iceberg negotiations#
Shocky1
it should also be mentioned that 98% of the graduate transfer names that are thrown around will never in a million years become accepted into one of the academically elite graduate programs (that require a 2 year commitment) at the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world, these programs successfully seek the brightest most ambitious students on planet earth, why would they want a guy with a 2.8 gpa at an academically mediocre school like hawaii that can shoot a basketball?

the ideal graduate transfer candidates from a cal admissions perspective are ivy league grads like dwight tarwater & grant mullins
Shocky1
Shocky1;842676750 said:

connor letourneau's coverage of the cal basketball program is comical in that he doesn't know which recruits have actionable offers or not, he doesn't know who the lead recruiters are on the staff for those recruits, he doesn't realize when he's being played by those with an agenda with respects to coach martin & georgia tech & he's insistent upon bringing up cal's former assistant coach into every article

don't be a dumb azz#

also in the evidence given to unr was a blog and youtube post by XXXX (the complaintant) who wrote, "due to my lack of any basketball acumen, i've decided to solely rely upon sex appeal, as women generally do in sports media...i'm so excited for basketball season, but even more excited to discuss it while clad entirely in beachwear"

when is connor letourneau gonna write another one of his hard hitting investigative articles re: these developments?...why is the reno gazette journal getting the story re: the cal basketball program that connor can't seem to find?

connor letourneau=sloppy journalism (gotta do better)

the entire hufnagel/XXXX fiasco is concisely summarized in the video below, you're welcome

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]fchwpo
Abandoned Pyramids in Georgia .. When discovered they were manicured and stripped of its artifacts .. Still A great place to find clarity and reconnect back to Mother Nature[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the cal staff is in discussions with 7' 249 lbs drake freshman transfer dominik olejniczak from poland

given the 2016 class academic recruiting challenges (which will be discussed in more depth as things play out), it's a very positive sign to note that olejniczak told the des moines register that "i choose drake (the college, not the artist) because it seems to be a school that offers a balanced educational program that links together academics and school...i feel excited about acquiring knowledge both on the court and beyond it as well as a sought after job applicant"

does that sound better than you "wanna go to a pure basketball school" or you "are gonna get buckets" or you "want to have the ball in your hands from day 1 (regardless of competition)"?

as a freshman in rural farmland iowa olejniczak averaged 6.5 ppg on an absolutely remarkable 72.2% field goals & 4.1 rpg despite being mystically undertilized at 16.5 mpg

but more importantly it is a cal's monster class exclusive scoop that dominik's girlfriend (who will most likely sit courtside next to me) was a star fan at the 2014 world cup hosted by brazil & won by germany...do you got your season tix(s) for next season at haas?

dominik, yeah we got them curvy brunette yoga females in the beautiful & diverse cosmopolitan san francisco bay area too which is a blending pot of cultures from around the globe

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including poland)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]6-7 guards 2X?[/SIZE]

Shocky1

even mac dre (rockin' the cal football jersey) knows that you gotta grow the fan base one fan at a time, let's do this

stupid doo doo dumb#
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842676509 said:

ira lee is looking to wrap up his college recruitment with a decision early this summer, he will not be playing for the oakland soldiers again this summer

lee will likely take an official visit to arizona in may & local usc will also receive consideration along with cal...the cal staff that has been on ira the longest & the bears can offer the most potential playing time (based upon roster analysis at the 4) in 2017 along the strongest academics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515872 said:

the bears staff has offered daejon davis, a 6'3" 175 lbs top 50 in the 2017 class from the garfield high school in seattle & the seattle aau rotary team

davis is a 2 that can flat our score the ball along with exceptional vision & an unselfish passer...he can knock down 3 pointers along with attacking the basket & his high motor projects him to be an exceptional defender

daejon has indicated that his collegiate criteria will include academics, coaching staff, environment, playing style & future teammates...in town washington is the early leader along with cal (will be making an unofficial visit to berkeley the weekend of september 26th)l & gonzaga

yeah, even kayne is mentioning (kinda) daejon in his lyrics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the northwest)

update: daejon davis has decomited from washington & will reopen his recruitment, coach romar's future in seattle is cloudy (just like the weather) at best

unlike too many of cal's 2016 prospects with low gpas & a lack of true academic ambition, the uber talented davis is pursuing his nba goals/dreams but also has stated he is very interested in a meaningful diploma that will set him up for life if pro basketball doesn't exactly work out as hoped, he's wise beyond his years

daejon davis & his garfield high school teammate/close friend jaylen nowell are both top 50 players in the 2017 class that have talked about playing together in college, both are articulate true student athletes that are mentally limitless
Shocky1

yeah, leo is unofficially hosting grant mullins back east before his trip this monday/tuesday to berkeley, the after party in manhattan downstairs at lavo with celebrity djs/bottle service was definitely more live than watching jabari eat popcorn while trying to beat t-wall in the game of thrones at the house while kam watched sponge bob reruns with roger drawing in a coloring book

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]just how big would it be if Ivan stayed at Cal another year?[/SIZE]

Shocky1
forget young ivee, how big would it be if domino olejniczak's girlfriend natalia became my yoga/meditation buddy & sat next to me on the floor next season at haas pavillion?

Taylor Note: I do not approve this message!
RichmondBear
BeachedBear;842674565 said:

Shocky - I think you're way off base here. Renewals are one of the few leverage points fans and alums have in this situation. If you want to put blind faith in Napolitano and send your money away.... I think you are very much alone in this regard.

if you have her ear - let her know that some of us are NOT blind and stupid and will use what tools and leverage we have to help her understand that every positive transaction works for BOTH parties. Even a mutt will bite the hand that poisons!

+1
Bobodeluxe
"Mentally limitless" is an intriguing phrase.
Shocky1
beached & richmond, i do not believe that the vast majority of contracts are enforceable & therefore have never paid even a dime from both a personal & business perspective to attorneys in my lifetime, that''s a total waste of $...on the other hand, paying 3 card marvin coin for a floor seat at madison square garden vs syracuse is money well spent, it's priceless actually

who's the dumb azz walking/clapping on the floor at the garden (far left side of the screen) as sammy dribbles out the clock?
[video=youtube;_wDVF0Hlfj4][/video]

you are worried about the wrong stuff, my friends
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842677888 said:

"Mentally limitless" is an intriguing phrase.

"and i ain't spend a minute in the streets
but i'm limitless mentally, i'm lyrically zmt
lebron ****, i was in that 6 after 23
and family is important and money is less important
long as your mama love you, don't ever love a women (unless she is a curvy brunette yoga female)"

-wale

HoopDreams

[SIZE=2]assist from bearbackerinla[/SIZE]

Shocky1
"heavy is the head that wears the crown"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & life coach

natural order of everything#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;fNjje_yjdW4][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842651084 said:

jemarl baker's junior season is over after scoring 10 points due to foul trouble as his roosevelt mustangs (21-7) lost a heartbreaker 56-54 to redondo union in the southern section open division playoffs

check out the video below of jemarl's desperation 3 pointer that came up just a little bit short...big time players wanna take big time shots in big time games, baker is a ******* big time player

jemarl is considered the best long range 3 point shooter on the west coast in the 2017 class, check out the perfect shooting motion with squared up shoulders & flip of the wrist on the release, who does that remind you of?...yeah, jemarl baker is a lot like joradan mathews, he's creasy junior...but sometimes the shot doesn't go in & the breaking bad narco terrorists get to kill you in a trade for the innocent, no shame in that & you are going home

jemarl baker & alec hickman are outstanding early commits to cal's touch the sky class (2017), they are no lupe fiascos that's for sure...bears fans can't wait for those bad azzs to ball out at haas pavilion

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-roosevelt-redondo-20160220-column.html

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including eastvale)

jemarl baker, the purest shooter in the 2017 class with a reputation that is growing daily on a nationwide basis, drains 5 3 pointers last nite for the earl watson elite in new york city with coach martin in the stands keeping an eye of jemarl along with ira lee & miles norris

with a 3.6 gpa & academic ambition, the mentally limitless creasy jr is an ideal cal fit & will be a big time playmaker for cal from day 1...building a class around jemarl is gonna be the plan, high character true student athletes that value a degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

on the other hand, the dumb azz future breaking bad narco terrorists of pima county can just go to an academically mediocre school like arizona with a 95% acceptance rate & hope they don't get injured, if that happens they are ******...the donut boy of tucson will be done with them then
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842677931 said:

"and i ain't spend a minute in the streets
but i'm limitless mentally, i'm lyrically zmt
lebron ****, i was in that 6 after 23
and family is important and money is less important
long as your mama love you, don't ever love a women (unless she is a curvy brunette yoga female)"

-wale

Thank you for the link. I was thinking of a former Great Bear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley#Richmond_LSD_lab
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]t_wa1l I'm here with my brothaaaas👌🏾 #calday[/SIZE]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842674817 said:

jaylen, it's absolutely terrific (and says much about your parenting along with the work ethic associated with your upbringing) that you are currently working at a regular job (with frequent contact with other students) on campus without any fanfare (and let's keep it that way) but don't think for even a ******* second that i'm gonna cut you a break when we meet up for our yoga challenge

jaylen, i also had a job that helped me pay my way thru cal

yoga pants#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842678084 said:

jaylen, i also had a job that helped me pay my way thru cal

yoga pants#

Assuming your job had something to do with the picture in your post, what was your job?
Shocky1
t-wall is ******* unbreakable mentally & physically

role model for the young ones#
Shocky1
mikecohen;842678086 said:

Assuming your job had something to do with the picture in your post, what was your job?

mike, think you're kinda missing the whole point, jaylen has gotta a campus job
First Page Last Page
Page 311 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.