cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,585 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socaltownie;842650596 said:

A good amusement park but my goodness. I can't even imagine braving the cold in February. That is why it will not open till May 1

that's gonna be a problem (gozzer ranch is probably closed too for a quick 18), i dunno maybe kam & the king could reach over the fence & get the rollercoaster rolling for the crew

coach webster really likes that old school music, too bad he can't shoot free throws for the guys, he's money (just ask him)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842640572 said:

coach martin has offered combo guard (can play the 1 & 2) 6'4" 188 lbs dontae coleman, a freshman at lawson state junior college (birmingham, alabama) as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) with t-man

dontae has grown several inches after not being heavily recruited at butler high school (23.3 ppg) in augusta, georgia...yeah, the shockster has played 12 rounds at that pretty good course in his hometown...coleman originally made a commitment out of high school to florida atlantic but wisely decided to see if he could emerge as a prospect on a larger stage

https://vimeo.com/144524898

coleman is currently averaging 18.3 ppg including a lethal 42.9% on 3 pointers, a dazzling 82.2% on free throws, a physical 5.2 rebounds per game & 6.52 assists per game at lawson state

dontae got a 3.1 gpa last semester & was a full qualifier out of high school, he's got 3 years of eligibility

coleman is talking a lot with his lead recruiter coach webster (they've been building a strong relationship the last several months), not sure if tracy is gonna teach him how to dance but if that happens, watch out...he hopes to visit cal on an official visit after his season ends & make a final collegiate decision in march

dontae coleman got length, an active motor along with quickness, a sweet shooting stroke, a tough defensive mindset & most importantly got academic ambition...please note that this video is 2 years old & doesn't reflect his current height

[video=youtube;18yJJo1MICM][/video]

yeah, he might not be the last guy since jaylen (played with dc during a camp in high school) & shareef took a midnite train from georgia with a braves cap out to the west coast & fell in the california sun

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including georgia)

50 year decision#

dontae coleman led lawson state to a 89-64 victory over souther union state with an electric 22 points (season 18.3 ppg) on 8-16 field goals (made his only 3 pointer attempt), 5-6 free throws (season average 78.6%), 3 rebounds, 1 steal & a facilitating/ball control 8 assists vs 2 turnovers with coach webster in the stands

yeah dontae would bring a defensive minded tough ball sharing slashing attack the basket get fouled & knock down free throws element to the cal basketball program...plus he got fashion sense too, kinda like tracy

dontae coleman is multiple, yeah he scored 27 points on 10-17 field goals including a perfect 3-3 on 3 pointers along with 5 assists, 4 turnovers & 3 boards as lawson state took down the marion military institute 85-73

no wonder coach webster is doing the happy dance all the time

let's do this#
Shocky1
congrats to my boyz sam singer & stephen domingo on their acceptances to the internationally recognized haas business school which is one of cal's most competitive majors...i truly hope you will have sex (but not with each other) with one of your haas classmates in one of the classrooms late at nite, you gotta just make sure them them doors are closed, it's important to be a good study partner

as a fellow haas biz ad undergrad, i graduated with phi beta kappa honors with the intent of working 2 years in san francisco & then pursuing a harvard mba...but i quickly realized that the haas skills were enough to pursue my professional & personal (to kiss a curvy brunette yoga female while playing the world's top 100 golf courses) aspirations without an academic side trip to cold azz cambridge

sammy & stephen, you are most amazing dudes (with really short haircuts)...good luck on your haas adventures, your eyes will be opened up with pure sunlight

and here we go, life's waiting to begin

the adventure#
Shocky1
sammy & stephen are all business

let's do this#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842617441 said:

coach martin has offered shooting jaylen nowell, a 6'4" 170 lbs top 35 player in the 2017 class from garfield high school in seattle & the seattle rotary...nowell is quick & aggressive with downtown range from the vip section & is developing his defensive skills

jaylen's dad mike passed on last may after a heroic battle with cancer & his son honored his beloved father by making the u16 team usa this june

coach jones is responsible for seattle & las vegas and is jaylen's lead recruiter

i told the cal staff several months ago that jaylen's uncle travis decuire told me that nowell was essentially a cal silent commitment when td was with the staff, a fact that the staff was unaware of at the time

td told me back in the day that jaylen is an outstanding student & that moms lanie's policy is academic achievement is a requirement for participation in any sports...yeah, jaylen's got academic ambition & a 3.5 gpa

jaylen has already made a promise to officially visit cal & this will likely be a cal, washington & stanford battle...nowell would be an outstanding leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)

"i'm going to ride this through and eventually play for the coach that i really enjoy talking to and who i feel i have the best connection with"
-jaylen nowell

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the northwest):gobears:

jaylen nowell scored 32 points as them garfield bulldogs endangered the cleveland eagles 75-63 in the boys 3a sea king district semifinals

yeah, former garfield basketball legend & influential northwest recruiting scout bill elleby is a former california golden bear basketball player
Shocky1
[video=youtube;0qPgH5k8xEw][/video]
https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru
BearsObserver
http://cal.247sports.com/Bolt/Turkish-star-Yurtseven-drawing-a-crowd-43803227

BearBackerinLA;842649062 said:

Omer Yurtseven 6-11 Turkish post player. would be this year's recruit (2016) if he attends college ...

"Yurtseven said that he has been in touch with several schools, including Duke, California, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Miami and Baylor."

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/turkey/190996/omer-yurtseven-i-need-to-play-more-that-s-why-i-want-to-go-to-college.html
going4roses
BearsObserver
Hickman and JSerra won 2nd round playoff game ...

BearBackerinLA;842649818 said:

Hickman and JSerra will play at home against Banning HS (Riverside County) in Round 2 Fri night.
BearsObserver
Hickman had 12 pts at the half. Final pt total unknown.

BearBackerinLA;842651006 said:

Hickman and JSerra won 2nd round playoff game ...

BearsObserver
Hickman finished with 20 pts in the 2nd round win.

BearBackerinLA;842651009 said:

Hickman had 12 pts at the half. Final pt total unknown.
BearsObserver
Hickman's scoring line ...

2FG 3FG FT PF Pts
4 4 0/1 0 20

BearBackerinLA;842651032 said:

Hickman finished with 20 pts in the 2nd round win.

HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]all day[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842423093 said:

so after our family's hike with my rescue dog pack up the mountain this evening, i ask everybody (except the canines) if they wanna go to the moreau catholic game tonight at pinnacle high school (20 minutes away)

taylor & her friend nikki say sure, so we put the top down & drive over to pinnacle while they drop some new music for the cal's monster class

we enter the gym & i say "hey, let's sit behind the moreau catholic's bench"

taylor tells me, "sorry, dad, we're gonna go sit with our friends" & they walk over to the pinnacle side of the gym which has a couple hundred fans...from my vantage point behind the mc bench (there are 5 of us) i see my daughter & nikki greet & hug 3 dozen kids at a high school they don't even attend...i realize watching her in action that she's a mini shocky, fearless in introducing herself & socializing with both friends & strangers...taylor may only have a 3.0+ gpa & probably attend asu like her mom but maybe she's gonna be the #1 real estate broker in san francisco someday

1st play of the game is an attempted (lob is slightly off) back door ally up slam dunk by cal's 2016 commit oscar frayer...the whole place is absolutely buzzing as oscar is literally a couple of feet above the rim , this **** is getting live

on the 1st defensive series, frayer picks up a questionable foul cal from the ref...oscar doesn't complain or engage in any drama, he calmly just hands the ball to the ref...the assistant football coach i'm sitting with tells me that oscar is very level headed, a good kid

the pinnacle students are loud & well versed with both "oscar" & "overrated" chants...frayer never reacts to the crowd, he's focused on the game

mc presses the whole game (without key cal 2017 priority target pg damari milstead who is suspended for a couple of games due to a violation of school rules) & frayer steals the ball several times with quick twitch hands & high basketball iq anticipation

frayer blocks a couple of shots with redunkulous hops

oscar has a pretty good mid range game & a smooth 3 point stroke (although he slightly fades away)...his free throw shooting is solid

play of the game is a one handed running & then literally flying thru the air tomahawk jam by the junior

frayer is coltish lean & will greatly benefit from the nicodemus intense workouts & he also floats back on d sometimes ala jabari bird's daze at salesian...he also misses a couple of bunnies around the basket

"o" as he is nicknamed by coaches frank knight & jules milstead cramps up & misses most of the 4th quarter in the mariners (1-1) loss but still scores 23 points despite an ivan rabb like unselfish style of play...when a mariner makes a hustle play to steal the ball & fight for a layup late in the game, while coach knight is designing the mariners' d scheme during a timeout, oscar limps off the bench & hugs his teammates from behind while patting his head (which is a total sammy singer move)...dude is a good teammate

mark my words, oscar frayer is gonna be the MOST ATHLETIC student athlete to ever wear a bears jersey in the history of cal basketball...if you don't have season tixs at haas, you're gonna miss some pretty amazing acrobatics by a truly gifted young man...oscar will be multiple in terms of a playing position for coach martin because of his off the charts +1 athleticism

on the way back to the house i ask taylor & nikki what were their favorite plays of the game...the music is so loud, they just ignore me, all i can hear is their laughter

congrats to oscar frayer on his commitment to thunder (particularly if you're a waitress at one of his restaurants) dan majerle's grand canyon university basketball program (23-4 this season), definitely gonna catch one of oscar's collegiate games down the road on the westside

oscar is a good kid that has battled adversity his entire life, it will be a very special day when he earns a college diploma...as an early cal commit, frayer was an active player in ivan rabb's recruitment & the development (finally) of relationships between the cal staff & the oakland soldiers

academc update: taylor got a 3.7 gpa last semester, she's raising her game in her quest to become accepted at her dream school, the university of san francisco

season change (soldiers forever)#
BearsObserver
Cal commit Alec Hickman and JSerra Catholic (18-10) will play Serra of Gardena (13-14) in the CIF Southern Section Div 4AA Qtr Final at 7:00 P.M. 02/23/2016.
Shocky1
them richmond spiders (14-12) got pest controlled 87-74 by vcu
Shocky1
jemarl baker's junior season is over after scoring 10 points due to foul trouble as his roosevelt mustangs (21-7) lost a heartbreaker 56-54 to redondo union in the southern section open division playoffs

check out the video below of jemarl's desperation 3 pointer that came up just a little bit short...big time players wanna take big time shots in big time games, baker is a ******* big time player

jemarl is considered the best long range 3 point shooter on the west coast in the 2017 class, check out the perfect shooting motion with squared up shoulders & flip of the wrist on the release, who does that remind you of?...yeah, jemarl baker is a lot like joradan mathews, he's creasy junior...but sometimes the shot doesn't go in & the breaking bad narco terrorists get to kill you in a trade for the innocent, no shame in that & you are going home

jemarl baker & alec hickman are outstanding early commits to cal's touch the sky class (2017), they are no lupe fiascos that's for sure...bears fans can't wait for those bad azzs to ball out at haas pavilion

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-roosevelt-redondo-20160220-column.html

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including east vale)
Shocky1
http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/240831/Jaylen-Brown-Henry-Ellenson-And-The-Benefits-Perils-Of-Sliding-Positions

bad azz from atlanta fell in the california sun (no sunny days in pullman)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Allen Crabbe still battling Klay Thompson [/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]bangout[/SIZE][/FONT]

OdontoBear66
BearBackerinLA;842651072 said:

Cal commit Alec Hickman and JSerra Catholic (18-10) will play Serra of Gardena (13-14) in the CIF Southern Section Div 4AA Qtr Final at 7:00 P.M. 02/23/2016.

I have a question that you, or maybe the shockster, can answer. When I read about JSerra (last place in the tough Trinity League, but in the playoffs) in the OC Register, they almost always refer to Hickman as the second go to on the team. Last night apparently they won with their star out and Hickman had to step up to guide the team to the win (that is the tone of the article). So when I read that what am I missing with Mr. Hickman? Granted the star may not have the GPA for Cal, but second option on the last place team even if it is in the Trinity League does not seem like a Pac 12 star in waiting. I admit I am missing something, but would like edification. Thanks.
BearsObserver
You may be referring to Sebastian Much ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-6-7-sebastian-much-transfers-to-jserra-20151019-story.html

http://www.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/jserra-80605-championship-game.html

http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/jserra-82535-lions-points.html

OdontoBear66;842651133 said:

I have a question that you, or maybe the shockster, can answer. When I read about JSerra (last place in the tough Trinity League, but in the playoffs) in the OC Register, they almost always refer to Hickman as the second go to on the team. Last night apparently they won with their star out and Hickman had to step up to guide the team to the win (that is the tone of the article). So when I read that what am I missing with Mr. Hickman? Granted the star may not have the GPA for Cal, but second option on the last place team even if it is in the Trinity League does not seem like a Pac 12 star in waiting. I admit I am missing something, but would like edification. Thanks.
BearsObserver
not over yet as Jemarl and Roosevelt HS will play in the consolation bracket against Los Alamitos HS. Can still advance ...

http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/home-82540-alamitos-teams.html

Shocky1;842651084 said:

jemarl baker's junior season is over after scoring 10 points due to foul trouble as his roosevelt mustangs (21-7) lost a heartbreaker 56-54 to redondo union in the southern section open division playoffs

check out the video below of jemarl's desperation 3 pointer that came up just a little bit short...big time players wanna take big time shots in big time games, baker is a ******* big time player

jemarl is considered the best long range 3 point shooter on the west coast in the 2017 class, check out the perfect shooting motion with squared up shoulders & flip of the wrist on the release, who does that remind you of?...yeah, jemarl baker is a lot like joradan mathews, he's creasy junior...but sometimes the shot doesn't go in & the breaking bad narco terrorists get to kill you in a trade for the innocent, no shame in that & you are going home

jemarl baker & alec hickman are outstanding early commits to cal's touch the sky class (2017), they are no lupe fiascos that's for sure...bears fans can't wait for those bad azzs to ball out at haas pavilion

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-roosevelt-redondo-20160220-column.html

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including east vale)
OdontoBear66
BearBackerinLA;842651147 said:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-6-7-sebastian-much-transfers-to-jserra-20151019-story.html

My question more relates to "how good is Mr. Hickman?" really, without casting any bad feelings. Seems like an interesting combo of factors. So is IR, JB caliber, or more of a SS, or Matthews quality player. Just trying to sort out our futures.
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842651147 said:

sebastian much is a solid mid major prospect
BearsObserver
his stats showed he is consistent scorer except when he played against Mater Dei ...
http://www.ocvarsity.com/sections/players-detail/?playerID=396015&rosterID=197831&seasonID=221

OdontoBear66;842651215 said:

My question more relates to "how good is Mr. Hickman?" really, without casting any bad feelings. Seems like an interesting combo of factors. So is IR, JB caliber, or more of a SS, or Matthews quality player. Just trying to sort out our futures.
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842651215 said:

alec hickman got a lot of upside, he will benefit both physically & academically from prep school next year before enrolling at cal in the summer of 2017

jemarl baker got jordan mathews skills but has gotta work on s&c strength this offseason, coach christopher will outline a development program before he arrives in berkeley & starts working in the bears elite s&c program
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842651163 said:

not over yet as Jemarl and Roosevelt HS will play in the consolation bracket against Los Alamitos HS. Can still advance ...

http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/home-82540-alamitos-teams.html

so you're saying it's not over, that there really is gonna be a sequel to man on fire?

who knew

losing a basketball game is kinda like getting dumped, you are emotionally damaged goods & you think about what you could've done differently to change the outcome...yeah the shockster was pretty upset after the virginia game

but you gotta go forward, there's no point in looking backwards & sometimes the solution is right in front of you & then we're off to the races

HoopDreams
BC Calfan
Shocky1;842650938 said:

congrats to my boyz sam singer & stephen domingo on their acceptances to the internationally recognized haas business school which is one of cal's most competitive majors...i truly hope you will have sex (but not with each other) with one of your haas classmates in one of the classrooms late at nite, you gotta just make sure them them doors are closed, it's important to be a good study partner

Does this mean they could get another year of eligibility if they decide to enroll?
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842651318 said:

Does this mean they could get another year of eligibility if they decide to enroll?

no
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coach Martin emphasizes tough man-to-man defense
And he's got his team buying into this strategy, and executing it at a very high level

[COLOR="#0000CD"]Number 1 Pac 12 defense per KenPom[/COLOR] (defensive efficiency is a much better indicator of defense, than the often stated shooting percent defense)...Stats below are against Pac12 teams only...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
cal's #1 recruiting target jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) scored 25 points as the woodcreek timberwolves drilled the nevada union miners 66-56

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 pointers

brown is the young ivee of the 2018 class & with his 3.8 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris, brandon williams & kj hymes

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and the closest school to the fam)
Shocky1
the california golden bears staff with coach hufnagel as the lead recruiter were the 1st major school to actively target miles norris, a 6'8" 180 lbs top 15 player in the 2018 class & big wing from mater dei catholic in chula vista

miles got size 15 feet & is expected to grown a couple more inches...he is smooth with interior dunks, an accurate mid range game & 3 point shooting skills and most importantly, a very high basketball iq which is a highly coveted trait by the staff...defensively norris uses his elite length to close out on defenders

miles got an actionable offer from coach martin during his september unofficial visit to berkeley, he also recently unofficially visited the donut boy of tuscon

yeah, miles norris is a key priority for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

miles norris scored 13 points along with 11 boards (6 offensive & 5 defensive), redunkulous 6 blocks & 3 assists as the mater dei catholic crusaders played vatican city defense in defeating the bonita vista miners 53-37

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego county)
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.