cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,129 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what are those old dudes behind natalia & dominik whispering about?

i dunno for sure but probably cal's monster class, this **** is international baby
Bearprof
Shocky1;842682009 said:

name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]

Based on just a few glimpses of him at warmups, I also had the impression that he is impressively athletic.

The bit about him missing uncontested 5-footers is, however, a matter of concern.

You never know until you see him in several game situations.
south bender
Shocky1;842682009 said:

name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]

I am unimpressed, more accurately, negatively impressed, with the fact that Roman has been in the most fights/skirmishes of any team member in the last year.

Of course, I have no way to know if your assertion about this is accurate. But if it is, it speaks to Davis's lack of discipline and sense, not great attributes for a basketball player.
Shocky1
south bender;842682086 said:

I am unimpressed, more accurately, negatively impressed, with the fact that Roman has been in the most fights/skirmishes of any team member in the last year.

Of course, I have no way to know if your assertion about this is accurate. But if it is, it speaks to Davis's lack of discipline and sense, not great attributes for a basketball player.

south bender, get what you're saying & very few of us would be proud either of a player that is intentionally dirty...roman davis is a highly respectful articulate young man (and a tremendous student athlete) that 100% competes on the basketball court, he is highly physical & that's a beautiful thing for a team that hasn't imposed their will on the road

the academic misses with dillard, frayer & jolly have been in part because of the staff's intent to recruit guys with more of a blue collar bad azz inner city mentality & let's be real here, our team has been too soft in recent years

as the roster in built more in the no nonsense image of coach martin, guys who mix it up within the rules will be prioritized in the recruitment process...guys who relentlessly compete are also favored by nba organizations in the billion dollar+ business that requires a predator's mentality for long term survival...you may not appreciate that but that's the nature of the beast

when you think of roman davis & his style of basketball, think of jorge guttierez, there should be absolutely zero concerns re: roman representing cal on & off the basketball court in anything but a positive light

the rise of rome#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842672503 said:

the cal staff is in discussions with 6'3" 175 lbs potential graduate transfer grant mullins (from burlington, ontario) from columbia university in the ivy league...his head coach kyle smith recently accepted the head coaching position at taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

other schools involved at this time include michigan, syracuse & hawaii

last season grant averaged 13.3 ppg in 31.1 mpg with a lethal 43.9% on 3 pointers & 83.1% on fts, dude can definitely shoot the rock but can also facilitate with 3.3 apg & contribute on the boards with 3.8 rpg

mullins would benefit from speaking with dwight tarwater re: his experiences as an ivy league grad transfer to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

a moment of love (mary)#

welcome grant mullins to the #1 ranked public university in the world...and yeah the weather's not too bad either compared to syracuse & michigan

huge props to dwight tarwater for opening the doors for true student athletes from the ivy league to do their graduate work in berkeley, dwight is truly a remarkable young man with a virtually unlimited future

there were times particularly on the road last season that the cal offense stagnated, guys literally couldn't make open shots away from haas pavilion...grant mullins will provide elite firepower with his en fuego shooting skills that will keep the bears out of those fatal funks in what could be another fun season of cal basketball with a team that is more experienced that better understands the mental resolve that is required to become a championship team that makes a deep run in the ncca tournament

grant, just between us, you're probably gonna have to get a haircut in order to not get coach martin, coach webster & coach jones all jealous

another great day in berkeley, do you got your season tix(s) for gamedays starting in november?

this is cal basketball#
NYCGOBEARS
Our transfer players are from Cornell and Columbia. Oregon's are from halfway houses. Altman is a criminal. Screw Nike.
oskidunker
Does Roman Davis have any kind of a shot? What is his free throw percentage ?
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842682384 said:

Our transfer players are from Cornell and Columbia. Oregon's are from halfway houses. Altman is a criminal. Screw Nike.

let's be real here, your just happy with the new manhattan vibe of the cal basketball team that grant mullins in gonna bring out west

NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842682406 said:

let's be real here, your just happy with the new manhattan vibe of the cal basketball team that grant mullins in gonna bring out west

Yep. Hope he brings that crazy Manhattan energy to Berkeley and it's infectious.
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842682415 said:

Yep. Hope he brings that crazy Manhattan energy to Berkeley and it's infectious.

do you agree with the stereotypes on this map & why isn't lavo restaurant/nightclub specifically listed?
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842682424 said:

do you agree with the stereotypes on this map & why isn't lavo restaurant/nightclub specifically listed?

Generally, it's spot on. Lavo isn't listed as it's become pass. It is no longer the premier douche magnet it once was. Although, I've had my share of fun there. Bagatelle however, is still going strong I hear.
concordtom
Shocky1;842682363 said:

welcome grant mullins to the #1 ranked public university in the world...and yeah the weather's not too bad either compared to syracuse & michigan

huge props to dwight tarwater for opening the doors for true student athletes from the ivy league to do their graduate work in berkeley, dwight is truly a remarkable young man with a virtually unlimited future

there were times particularly on the road last season that the cal offense stagnated, guys literally couldn't make open shots away from haas pavilion...grant mullins will provide elite firepower with his en fuego shooting skills that will keep the bears out of those fatal funks in what could be another fun season of cal basketball with a team that is more experienced that better understands the mental resolve that is required to become a championship team that makes a deep run in the ncca tournament

grant, just between us, you're probably gonna have to get a haircut in order to not get coach martin, coach webster & coach jones all jealous

another great day in berkeley, do you got your season tix(s) for gamedays starting in november?

this is cal basketball#

I'm sorry, but did you say *COULD BE* another fun season???

You bet your mutt colored azz it's gonna absolutely be a fun season. Oh yes!
#Rock the Haas
#The ****'s getting real
#and live, too
#take off your clothes
#do yoga
#with a sexy curvy brunette instructor
#in the middle of Newell Court with 500 off your best friends
#after YOU sink the game winner
#at the buzzer
#he shoots, he scores
#twice!!!

Welcome, Mr. Mullins! To the Shocky zone.
Be-zerkely. Crazy, ain't it?!?!
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842682427 said:

Generally, it's spot on. Lavo isn't listed as it's become pass. It is no longer the premier douche magnet it once was. Although, I've had my share of fun there. Bagatelle however, is still going strong I hear.

i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree re: lavo, when grant mullins gets to berkeley we'll let him be the final word on my favorite place on the island for a starter of imperial wagyu carpaccio with a main of lobster fra diavolo, that's true love

in any case, k(rooks) secret crush is alicia keys but no worries for kristy at the krusty krab with kam, that's true love

Shocky1
concordtom;842682431 said:

I'm sorry, but did you say *COULD BE* another fun season???

You bet your mutt colored azz it's gonna absolutely be a fun season. Oh yes!
#Rock the Haas
#The ****'s getting real
#and live, too
#take off your clothes
#do yoga
#with a sexy curvy brunette instructor
#in the middle of Newell Court with 500 off your best friends
#after YOU sink the game winner
#at the buzzer
#he shoots, he scores
#twice!!!

Welcome, Mr. Mullins! To the Shocky zone.
Be-zerkely. Crazy, ain't it?!?!

this **** is getting live
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842682457 said:

i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree re: lavo, when grant mullins gets to berkeley we'll let him be the final word on my favorite place on the island for a starter of imperial wagyu carpaccio with a main of lobster fra diavolo, that's true love

in any case, k(rooks) secret crush is alicia keys but no worries for kristy at the krusty krab with kam, that's true love

Ok, the lobster rocks. As do the hotties in string bikinis painted gold (on special nights)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842678787 said:

grant, will it be a factor in your grad school decision that your sister melissa who played for harvard is now working for a hedge fund in the san francisco bay area & that she could go to all your games at haas pavilion in berkeley?...would missy be the prez of the grant mullins fan club on gamedays?

does it matter that if you select cal that your moms theresa who played for the canadian women's national team & professionally in holland along with dad andy along with marie & mike could then visit both of of you in the beautiful bay area?

the family#

exclusive cal's monster class worldwide announcement: melissa mullins, the best basketball player in the family, is officially the new prez of the grant mullins cal fan club

everybody is invited to join, all you need is a tix to the most special place on planet earth, haas pavilion on gamedays

can't wait to introduce myself & meet melissa, i'm gonna ask her really hard questions like what's the geometric radius of mars or what's william shakeyspear's secret nickname to see if harvard grads are truly smarter than cal grads

melissa, now would be a good time to start shopping for fashion forward blue & gold outfits for gamedays starting this november...sorry, but that ugly azz crimson isn't gonna work in berkeley at all

meeting & conversing with the families of cal players is part of the magic of cal basketball...love them all but there will always be a special place for taylor & me in our hearts for lynn & eric glapion, san francisco's finest

cal family (b patisserie)#
Shocky1
let's be real here, it's pretty obvious that coach martin & the staff really wanted to add melissa mullins to the squad, not her sorry broken down candy azz soft bro what's his name

in that moms theresa played professional basketball, it's not even clear if the cal basketball program got even the 3rd or 4th best basketball playing mullins

[video=youtube;EDTyhBgZCIM][/video]
Shocky1
who's the best basketball playing kid in the mullins household?:woohoo

i dunno, probably the one without a tan...in cold azz canada you're not gonna fall in the cali sun, that's for sure:headbang

family feud#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842678780 said:

what up, grant?

you're racking up the frequent flyer points with visits to syracuse last friday, cal yesterday & today & michigan this wednesday

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/04/columbia_graduate_transfer_gra.html

but let's be real here, both syracuse & michigan would both be major drops down from an academic perspective after columbia, if you want to work on wall street or in the financial markets in san francisco, los angeles or london you might want to keep that in mind...where do you want to live this summer when you start grad school?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

the current breathtaking upward trajectory of the cal basketball program can be measured by cal defeating both longtime college basketball powerhouses michigan & syracuse for grant mullins...the program is finally successfully selling the worldwide respect academics of the #1 public university in the world:gobears:

and yeah, grant has always been a smart, articulate guy with some wild azz hair back in the day

[video=youtube;YEsH_RnLJ9w][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]the Cal women's basketball team got off to a rough start losing two guards expectantly before the start of the season
that severely impacted guard depth and meant the Bears were the youngest team in the Pac12 and maybe even the nation
but the team stayed tight through adversity, the freshmen became veterans before our eyes, and they showed what they are capable of at the end of the season[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][/SIZE]unlimited potential

[SIZE=5]
Next year's senior leader[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to the Warriors for advancing in the NBA playoffs
Golden State thrashed the Rockets with Curry rooting the team from the bench[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]It is a common known fact that Bill Walton's dad went to Cal
and Bill Walton loves Berkeley
it is also commonly known that Bill Walton loves the Grateful Dead

BUT, did you know that Bill Walton played the drums when he was younger for another famous American band?[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;tEXlWgMOtqc][/video]

Shocky1
grant, your commitment as the top ranked shooting guard (like dante coleman, you guys are multiple & can play both the 1 & 2) in the 2016 graduate transfer class is turning berkeley into midnight city tonite

[video=youtube;BfeQxOFZGrE][/video]

cal band is great#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842675152 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?...do you wanna be a part of all of this?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one+ remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools (like oregon) wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their school & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

grant mullins is graduating from columbia in the ivy league with a 3.31 gpa (which is equivalent to a 4.81 gpa at an academically mediocre school like oregon) with a focus upon business & psychology, he was a 4 year honor roll student

limitless mentally#
Shocky1
note to all cal basketball prospective student athlete recruits: taking care of business in the classroom & earning a high gpa in high school while developing your mind with academic ambition is as important as curvy brunette yoga females wearing outfits that match their lipstick & nails...and at the end of the day them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, that's just the way of the world

don't be a dumb azz (sweat equity)#
Shocky1
welcome new assistant coach tim o'toole to the cal family as coach martin completes the program's coaching staff

o'toole was most recently on johnny dawkin's staff at stanford & clearly understands the unique dynamics of recruiting high gpa true student athletes...prior to that he was the director of basketball operations at syracuse & was on their bench for the 2013 final four run, he was also an assistant coach under coach boheim during 1992-1995...the renaissance man has worked as an espn college basketball analyst & perhaps most impressively while working as the head coach of the fairfield stags he was recognized by the state of connecticut for implementing a reading program that reached 65,000 kids that emphasized the importance of academics as well as athletics

from a recruiting standpoint, o'toole will bring longtime established east coast connections & relationships to the cal basketball program which will complement the geographical strengths of coach webster (midwest) & coach jones (the west coast)

coach o'toole's experience in game planning against specific pac 12 teams & players will also be a huge plus from a scouting report standpoint during the season

sitting on the floor directly from the opposing team's bench, i've absolutely noticed o'toole's fiery personality which sharply contrasted to the stoic demeanor of dawkins (check out the foto above)...he seemed to have a strong connection with the cardinals players, coaching them up in a positive way...dude is gonna be a ball of energy at haas pavilion on gamedays, he's got a lotta energy

this is a very strong hire that will further the cal basketball program's current upward trajectory

welcome to tim, berkeley

Shocky1
there is surely someone on planet earth that don't want to work out in coach christopher's s&c program but i haven't met that guy yet...turn up the volume on this link

the grind (is fun with your friends/family)#
concordtom
Dude, please please please stop with the parade of women posts. I am so sick of it.
Shocky1
concordtom;842682564 said:

Dude, please please please stop with the parade of women posts. I am so sick of it.

a big part of a dedicated yoga/meditation practice is knowing who you are

you are my barometer for the cal's monster class, if an uptight middle aged white guy that didn't graduate from cal doesn't like the content, then that means i'm probably successfully connecting with my targeted audience

in the spirit of cal's celebration of free speech, i dunno maybe you could start your own thread with lots of 80s videos & inspirational messages re: living in the sticks far away from the big scary cities

or you could always just ignore the cal's monster class

namastae
TheSouseFamily
Shocky1;842682585 said:

a big part of a dedicated yoga/meditation practice is knowing who you are

you are my barometer for the cal's monster class, if an uptight middle aged white guy that didn't graduate from cal doesn't like the content, then that means i'm probably successfully connecting with my targeted audience

in the spirit of cal's celebration of free speech, i dunno maybe you could start your own thread with lots of 80s videos & inspirational messages re: living in the sticks far away from the big scary cities

or you could always just ignore the cal's monster class

namastae

Technically, yoga/meditation/Buddhism is not about getting to know yourself. In fact, it's the opposite. The traditional teaching is one of "non self" based on impermanence and the lack of a persevering identity. The Buddha would argue that "getting to know who you are" is an illusion and the source of dukkha (suffering). I guess your "target market" isn't Buddhists or serious yogis.
stivo
TheSouseFamily;842682590 said:

Technically, yoga/meditation/Buddhism is not about getting to know yourself. In fact, it's the opposite. The traditional teaching is one of "non self" based on impermanence and the lack of a persevering identity. The Buddha would argue that "getting to know who you are" is an illusion and the source of dukkha (suffering). I guess your "target market" isn't Buddhists or serious yogis.

At the risk of hijacking the thread (like Shocky would allow that to happen), I'm of the mind that an emphasis of meditation is moment to moment awareness/acceptance of internal and external phenomena. I do believe that this results in getting to know oneself better (if the self is a construct that you believe exists). Whether getting to know oneself is a goal of meditation or a side-effect is open to debate.

That being said, I believe this thread is filled with sexism and irrelevant material and is being kept alive in order to feed the narcissistic needs of it's creator. I'd love to see it put out of its misery, or at least, not be so brazenly offensive and objectifying of women. My wife, mother, sister, and many of my friends happen to be women so posts that objectify them are personally offensive to me.
TheSouseFamily
stivo;842682598 said:

At the risk of hijacking the thread (like Shocky would allow that to happen), I'm of the mind that an emphasis of meditation is moment to moment awareness/acceptance of internal and external phenomena. I do believe that this results in getting to know oneself (if the self is a construct that you believe exists). Whether getting to know oneself is a goal of meditation or a side-effect is open to debate.

I think that's entirely reasonable for certain types of meditation (like non-doctrinal mindfulness meditation similar to what's taught as meditation at Google) or various forms of Hindu meditation (eg mantras) but I was speaking specifically of Buddhist meditation. The yoga has more direct Buddhist roots (mainly), so for a strict adherent, the non-self ideology would be more applicable. That said, yoga and meditation for your body and mind is a great thing and if knowing yourself better is an outcome, that's all good.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842682602 said:

I think that's entirely reasonable for certain types of meditation (like non-doctrinal mindfulness meditation similar to what's taught as meditation at Google) or various forms of Hindu meditation (eg mantras) but I was speaking specifically of Buddhist meditation. The yoga has more direct Buddhist roots (mainly), so for a strict adherent, the non-self ideology would be more applicable. That said, yoga and meditation for your body and mind is a great thing and if knowing yourself better is an outcome, that's all good.

And I thought that the primary purpose of yoga was picking up hot curvy brunettes and doing head stands...
parentswerebears
NYCGOBEARS;842682606 said:

And I thought that the primary purpose of yoga was picking up hot curvy brunettes and doing head stands...

Way to bring it back on topic.
Shocky1

but a nice azz doesn't hurt, it's kinda like driving the ball with a tight little draw down the fairway & then hitting a sprinkler & getting another 15 yards of run out

shut up, shocky#
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.