cal's monster class deux

1,375,953 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsaMajor;842719853 said:

Shocky:

I know you're short and probably have Trump-sized "hands," but does it really make you feel bigger to insult high school kids by calling them "dumb azz?"

ursa, ryan james is a grad of the university of minnesota but to answer your question i got no problem calling high schools kids (including shay & taylor) dumb azzs
concordtom
Shocky1;842719860 said:

ursa, theo john is a grad of the university of minnesota but to answer your question i got no problem calling high schools kids (including shay & taylor) dumb azzs

what about your son?
do you call him a dumbass, too?
Or did he grow up and flatten you one?
NVGolfingBear
UrsaMajor;842719853 said:

Shocky:

I know you're short and probably have Trump-sized "hands," but does it really make you feel bigger to insult high school kids by calling them "dumb azz?"

Come on man, what do you think he's (the kid, not Shocky)friends say to him? If kids get upset by some middle age golfer calling them 'dumb azz' then they need to to look in the mirror and start thinking real hard about their future.
Shocky1
concordtom;842719865 said:

what about your son?
do you call him a dumbass, too?
Or did he grow up and flatten you one?

yeah i call kyle a dumb azz every now & then and no, nobody has ever successfully hit me, maybe a bitch slap but that's all other than being robbed at gunpoint under a freeway in bogota, columbia during one of my quests to play the world's top 100 courses

Shocky1;842371785 said:

walked 36 holes today at gamble sands in brewster, washington (close to the canadian border)...it is the best golf course to open in the united states during 2014 & will likely be a new entrant to the us top 100 lists

2015 promises to be an exciting year internationally with 4 major openings:

*****mike devries' cape wickham, king island, australia
*****coore & crenshaw's cabot cliffs, nova scotia, canada
*****gil hanse's olympic course, rio de janerio, brazil

*****tom doak's tara iti, mangawhai, new zealand

do i ever question my quest to be the world's most traveled golf course architecture rater/ranker?

yeah, when tommy & i were lying facedown under an underpass in bogota, columbia with our faces pressed into the concrete & pistols stuck into our jaws, the monkey voices in my head were working overtime

"****, i knew there was something wrong when the taxi driver started making those phone calls, dude sold us out...i'm gonna die because i had to play some mediocre course in south america?...ok, well the par 4 8th hole over the ravine was an exceptional hole for sure...if these dumb azzs kick me in the ribs again, i'm gonna make my move, i don't care"

where's your passport?#
let's roll, baby#
Shocky1
ursa, you seem kinda confident re: your physical attributes relative to me so let's settle this, why don't you accept one of my 3 proposed cal's monster class challenges, ok?

1) one on one game to 21 buckets at haas pavilion with cole welle & nick hamilton as the refs:

2) 36 holes walking match from the back tees at the olympic club lake & san francisco golf club played strictly by usga rules

3) scottsdale 90 minutes hot yoga class, if you can complete the class as led by a curvy brunette yoga female without leaving the steamy room for fresh air/ice towels or needing an emergency air vac to the mayo clinic, you win

ursa, just to make it fun, why don't we also have a friendly wager (for say your total net worth)

come on, ursa, let's do this:rant
89Bear
Ursa and Tom, the people you are trying to "protect" probably have thicker skin than you guys!!! That's probably a good thing in today's world.#don'tbesoft
Shocky1
trevon duval is the #3 ranked player in the 2017 class & has listed cal among his 10 school finalists, duval is also planning a west coast swing of schools that will include a stop in berkeley

duval attended the academically fraudulent advance preparatory school in dallas, only academically mediocre schools like arizona (accepted his teammate terrance ferguson before he turned pro in australia after it became clear the ncca would not clear him for eligibility) & oregon will push him thru their non existent admissions process (which in tucson & eugene is successfully writing your name on an application, it's harder to get a dog license in those places)

my take is that duval is an under armour guy & that coupled with cal's diamonds are forever class (2016) with ivan rabb & jaylen brown has made listing the #1 public university in the world among his finalists a trendy thing to do, cal got bling these days in the recruiting world

don't be surprised if trevon doesn't bother to battle/petition the ncca for collegiate eligibility & just takes the under armour endorsement $$$$$$ & plays a year overseas before declaring for the nba draft in 2018

dude can play basketball, it's the academic stuff that's gonna get in the way from a cal staff perspective
Shocky1
j mat has finished up his cal undergraduate degree & is leaving berkeley for spokane tomorrow morning

degree in three#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842717258 said:

despite being inaccurately listed as 6'9" 224 lbs by the kentucky athletic department, marcus lee was officially confirmed as 6'10" 211 lbs with a 7'3" wingspan at the may 2016 nba scouting combine

trust me, after working with coach christopher who is arguably the most energetic & hands on s&c coach in college basketball for almost 18 months marcus lee is not gonna weigh 211 lbs when he officially suits up for the california golden bears in november of 2017...he's gonna have the body of a bad azz nba enforcer that is gonna get paid

this is gonna happen, lee is learning healthy ways to put on good weight while not losing any of his elite jumping/athletic physical skills...marcus is gonna be off to the races

the grind (get minted)#

while marcus lee got pro volleyball/nba hops & devastating rebounding & shot blocking skills, a major area of necessary nba development during the next 15 months before his 1st game as a california golden bears will be free throw shooting

last season at kentucky lee made only 25-62 free throws for 40.3%...cal's 5's kameron rooks (26-46 for 56.5%) & kingsley okoroh (6-17 for 35.3%) also struggled at times, bigs take more time to develop their shooting skills but it's critical they do so in order to be on the floor at the end of close games when teams are in the bonus situation

perhaps familyfirst will share his insights

trust me cal fans at haas pavillion on gamedays in 2017 are gonna see an electric athlete that takes an uber helicopter above the rim both offensively & defensively

UrsaMajor
I don't play golf. How about 12 rounds in the ring?
concordtom
Mud wrestling?
UrsaMajor
Is he really that bad academically? I see that he got an offer from Duke, although I suppose it could be contingent on stuff he'll never accomplish.
south bender
UrsaMajor;842720182 said:

Ursa, do you really want to match Shocky in acting out your annoyance with him as an eleven or twelve year old?
joe amos yaks
Shocky1;842719860 said:

ursa, ryan james is a grad of the university of minnesota but to answer your question i got no problem calling high schools kids (including shay & taylor) dumb azzs

Better to call them "dumb bastards"?
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842720182 said:

the barbaric non enlightened nature of boxing is not aligned with my yoga/meditation practice

Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842720193 said:

Is he really that bad academically? I see that he got an offer from Duke, although I suppose it could be contingent on stuff he'll never accomplish.

ursa, you are clearly confused re: pirates, duke is not one one of trevon duval's 10 finalists

duke

seton hall

shocky's favorite pirate

arrr#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842720373 said:

ursa, you are clearly confused re: pirates, duke is not one one of trevon duval's 10 finalists

duke

seton hall

shocky's favorite pirate

arrr#

Newark is a lovely place to go to school.
Shocky1
warren, if you listen to your heart & commit to cal after your fabulous weekend in berkeley, i'm gonna make sure your mentored up by me re: kayne fashion & them curvy brunette yoga females

the rock is still alive, throw them diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe

50 year decision (diamonds are forever)#:gobears:

Shocky1;842719307 said:

the cal staff offered bouncy 6'9" 185 lbs 2018 warren washington from escondido high school earlier this summer & warren attended cal's elite camp this weekend while doing the hang with coach martin & coach webster (who started scouting warren as a freshman on the aau circuit)

yeah warren got good hair, coach martin & coach webster not so much

washington is a stretch 4 that could potentially slide at times to the 3 creating major offensive mismatches that can knock down 3 pointers, pass the ball to cutters with vision, block shots/rebound in the paint & run the court...he would benefit tremendously from coach christopher's world class (and fun) s&c program, gaining good weight & strength is a major priority for him to develop along the lines of his idol current golden state warrior kevin durant

warren is a mature true student athlete that enjoys his world history & english classes, he is not a dumb azz...washington has told ryan gorcey that he got a 3.5 gpa

[video=youtube;aoippovraQA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego):gobears:
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842720379 said:

Newark is a lovely place to go to school.

agreed
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]jwmtb[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Shocky1
arizona wildcat rapist elliott pitts is now attending diablo valley community college where he intends to sit out this year & then transfer to another school next year...dvcc also took in rapist dominic artis from oregon's dancing with the devil program coached by criminal dana altman

ira, when the donut boy of tuscon tells you arizona is "a player's program," he means it...arizona got ****** academics & you can do whatever the **** you want in tuscon...but eventually you pay the price (and it's a heavy one)

Shocky1;842706690 said:

Dear Parents,
It's with a very heavy heart that we write this email to you but as fellow parents we hope you will understand why at this point, some information and communication is necessary.
In the early morning hours of December 6, 2015 Elliott Pitts sexually assaulted our daughter, Mia. An investigation by the University of Arizona Title IX Office was conducted including evidence from interviews of 25 witnesses, City of Tucson and University of Arizona police reports, and a State of Arizona Assault Examination medical report. On January 29, 2016 the University released it's ruling and Elliott was found in violation of four counts of the student code of conduct:
“1) Endangering, threatening, or causing physical harm to any member of the university community or to oneself, causing reasonable apprehension of such harm or engaging in conduct or communications that a reasonable person would interpret as a serious expression of intent to harm.
2) Engaging (in) repeated or significant behavior toward another individual, whether in person, in writing, or through electronic means, after having been asked to stop, or doing so to such a degree that a reasonable person, subject to such contact, would regard the contact as unwanted.
3) Off-campus Conduct that a reasonable person would believe may present a risk or danger to the health, safety or security of the Board or University community or to the safety or security of the Board or university property.
4) Sexual misconduct.
Mr. Pitts has been suspended from the University of Arizona, and all other ABOR institutions, for the period of one academic year, and was also advised that the previously issued No Contact Order, prohibiting him from having any contact with you,
As parents of two student athletes, former letter winners, alumni and active members of leadership boards at the U of A, we had trusted the school to handle this issue with the respect and integrity we had always known the school to uphold. We as a family chose not to discuss details of this situation except with our immediate family because we did not want to taint the investigation in any way and because we knew the evidence would speak for itself. In addition, we wanted to protect our daughter's privacy. We commend the Title IX Office for the speed and discretion with which they handled their investigation. Our family found peace and justice in their decision to suspend and remove Elliott Pitts. Unfortunately in the aftermath of their investigation and ruling we have been shocked and disheartened by the way this issue has been handled by athletic director Greg Byrne and Sean Miller.
With incredible self-restraint, Trey made a conscious decision to not speak out in order to protect the investigation, to minimize the distraction to the team, and to avoid any further altercation with Elliott. The actions by Trey in the early morning hours of December 6th and throughout this entire ordeal would be what any parent would expect of their son and we are incredibly proud of the way he handled himself during an incredibly difficult and emotional situation. He has done nothing wrong. But because Elliott was allowed to stay with the team from December 6 through February 17 the players and members of the basketball staff became privy to only his version of events, which as proven by the investigation and ultimate ruling, is not accurate. This has since had a profoundly negative effect on both Mia and Trey and both have become vilified by members of the basketball team, the player’s families and certain members of the coaching staff. This was only exacerbated by the fact that Coach Miller publicly supported Elliott in his statements to the players and to the press on multiple occasions.
Fortunately Mia received incredible support from her volleyball coaching staff and teammates. As a family we have no choice at this point but to publicly address what happened to our daughter because we feel Greg Byrne and Sean Miller have failed to protect not only her reputation but Trey's as well by choosing to not acknowledge the true reason for Elliott's departure and by making a conscious decision to publicly "support" Elliott. We feel strongly that the complete wrong message was sent to the young men on the basketball team and the leadership of the program missed a very important “learning moment”. It's beyond upsetting that our family, through this trying time, showed a deep respect for the program only to have it completely and callously disrespect our children and our family.
Please know it was never our intention for things to get to this point, but we must now appeal to your common sense and your parental instincts. We can no longer sit idly by and not speak out about this.
You are invited to contact us personally and we would be willing to give you further details regarding the evidence in this case. The actions and inactions of Elliott Pitts, Greg Byrne and Sean Miller do not hold up to the character and integrity standards that Lute Olson proudly built this program on.
Thank you,
Harvey, Jeannine, Trey & Mia Mason

arizona is a nightmare school#

Shocky1
ira, at some point basketball is gonna be done with you (the cheering at haas pavilion or the mckale center will be a distant echo in your memory) & your gonna ask yourself 1 question: did i use basketball or did basketball use me?

50 year decision#
UrsaMajor
I wasn't looking at his finalist list, Shock, but a report somewhere else that Duke had offered.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842720540 said:

I wasn't looking at his finalist list, Shock, but a report somewhere else that Duke had offered.

ursa, trust me, duke & cal have not extended actionable offers at this time to trevin duvall...he basically took a year off from academics for his junior year at advanced preparatory international (api) in dallas which is not a real high school in the eyes of the ncca
UrsaMajor
I guess I trust you, Shock, but Rivals lists a Duke offer as does SNY.
puget sound cal fan
Arizona appears to be Oregon with Cactus.
Shocky1
trevin knell was a standout sharpshooter during the scrimmages (with head coaches jabari bird & ivan rabb) at the cal elite camp this weekend after being encouraged by coach jones to shoot more & let it fly...wyking told trevin him that it wasn't an evaluation tryout, that he got an actionable offer

then on monday trevin & his dad visited with the cal staff & toured some of the campus, they loved the atmosphere & the genuine passion for both academics & basketball...most importantly relationships based upon respect & honesty are being built

trevin is gonna officially visit cal in october (weekend to be determined) along with separate official trips to san diego & santa clara

and no, cal's monster class management team has not yet named the 2019 class but make no mistake about it, trevin knell would be an outstanding true student athlete leader for that class

trevin, if you commit to them california golden bears i will consider your input for the class of 2019 naming rights which is arguably the greatest honor that could ever be given a high school basketball player in the united states of america...just let me know via your twitter what you're listening to these days, ok?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (travel wisely my friend):gobears:

Shocky1;842713732 said:

coach martin has offered late emerging elite shooter 6'4" 165 lbs trevin knell of of wood cross high school & the utah prospects

trevin blew up in his last 2 aau tournaments this summer knocking down an unreal 18-39 (46.2%) 3 pointers at the gauntlet series finale & then 18-37 (48.6%) at the gauntlet series championship after sharpshooting 45.2% of 3 pointers during his junior season at wood cross...knell has got a disciplined work ethic practicing at least 500 (upwards to a 1000) 3 pointers a day & would benefit tremendously from coach christopher's rigorous (but fun) s&c program, he's too skinny right now

trevin is a mormon & is gonna take a 2 year mission somewhere in the world (location to be determined) after high school & then enrolling in college in 2019 as a stronger & wiser well traveled/experienced young man...berkeley has got a significant lds community

knell is not a dumb azz, he's got a 4.0 gpa throughout high school and will take ap english & honors math as a senior, his goal is be academic all state in utah as a senior...he's likely gonna make a 50 year decision that sets him & his family up for life & not settle for an academically mediocre school like utah (which is also actively recruiting him, he will meet with their staff in 2 weeks) which is 30 minutes away

trevin is gonna trip unofficially to cal august 28th (theo john will be making an official visit at that time) & if that visit goes well will return for an official visit before his targeted decision date in october

yeah berkeley is gonna be midnight city if the true student athltete trevin knell commits as a 2019 enrolle to the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world, his shooting stroke is pure

Shocky1
Shocky1;842719382 said:

yeah trevin knell got a 4.0 gpa & a pure shooting stroke with deep range to midnite city

50 year decision (travel/experience the world)#:bravo

trevin knell is being coached up by kendall youngblood of the adidas sponsored utah prospects, he's getting guys college schollys & encouraging them to be mentally limitless academically

trevin, do you wanna balance both pac 12 basketball with world class academics in the beautiful san francisco bay area as part of the family first cal basketball program?
Shocky1
congrats to elijah hardy on being selected to scout's top 100 rankings for the 2018 class, these are the only rankings that matter (kinda like the golf magazine world top 100 rankings with me as a panelist on the selection committee) as players are rated based upon actual in person player evaluations, not reputations like the other rankings

elijah, ivan rabb & lou richie have both told me that you are an unselfish flashy playmaker/facilitator but that you gotta play smarter to rid your game of them unnecessary turnovers, i'm gonna be at a bod game this year to watch both you & naseem gaskins so you'd better get your **** together

are you all in, lil yachty?...you'd better go pump some iron or something

HoopDreams;842719012 said:

[SIZE=5]ESPN says this about Elijah

Bottom Line:
Heading into his sophomore campaign, Hardy is arguably one of the three best point guard prospects on the west coast 2016 behind Lonzo Ball and 2017 Jaylen Hands.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
congrats to jack wilson on being selected to the top 100 of the 2018 class

the cal staff gotta close on jack and/or tolu jacobs yaffa as part of cal's started at the bottom class (2018), the bears need a big with upside that can quickly develop and attack/defend the basket

Shocky1;842713207 said:

after a 2nd unofficial visit to cal 7' 250 lbs jack wilson of serra high school & summertime aau team arsenal (teammates include lou richie's dragons elijah hardy & naseem gaskin) got an offer from the bears staff, mark my words he's gonna be a top 100 player in the 2018 class...jack has already attended several cal games & is expected to get to haas pavilion again during the upcoming season

jack visited cal in june with his moms shannon & again this monday with his dad greg (6'9" played at chaminade)...26 year old sister elise played basketball at st ignatius & then crew at ucla...family is very academically focused, educational opportunities will be a key factor in jack's collegiate decision

wilson got a good not great 3.0 gpa at the academically rigorous serra high school

wilson's lead recruiter is tim o'toole

josh gershon has stated "jack wilson is an extremely big kid who moves well for his size...he's capable of scoring around the basket and defends the position well...his size and wide shoulders will allow him to be a powerful interior player at the next level"

yeah, jack wilson would be a strong addition to cal's started at the bottom class (2018), he's a nor cal kid who is potentially interested in staying home in cali & sharing with collegiate playing experience with his close knit family

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including montara & san mateo)
Shocky1
coach martin has offered 7' 275 lbs tolu jacobs yaffa a raw athletic force of nature playing this summer for the west coast all stars aau team & will be attending capital christian school in sacramento this fall...yaffa's family moved from nigeria in 2014 & last year attended king's ridge christian high school in alpharetta, georgia

tolu got academic ambition & got interest from stanford (tim o'toole) & north carolina along with an offer from virginia..he is an ideal cal fit for reasons that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

is yaffa just a selfish dumb azz baller that is inwardly focused?

"i really want to make money so i can help people in need...i might not have earthly things but i sure can put a big smile on ur face"
-tolu jacobs yaffa, the chairmanofdaboards

one of tolu's key mentors is joshua calbert (gotta love that name), a fast rising assistant coach at salesian high school (jabari bird) in richmond...salesian's head coach is bill mellis (named state high school coach of the year in 2012), a former cal team manager back in the day

trust me if capital christian schedules woodcreek (jordan brown) this upcoming prep season, the shockster is gonna be in the house to check out the battling sophmores...they could become teammates in berkeley in a couple of years, their futures are unlimited both mentally & athletically

[video=youtube;AVq5lc6sVVo][/video]

impose your will (sweat equity)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including nigeria)
Shocky1
warning: do not watch if you got heart issues

[video=youtube;LR5IBdqHFNE][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;fBvbucU9Cko][/video]
Shocky1
j mat has left the building, he's got a degree in three & earned his asterisk designating him as a graduate of the university of california, berkeley

whether or not cal's leader in minute played (1011) & most 3 pointers taken (214) is a disloyal self centered disrespectful force with a strong sense of entitlement or the bears staff is a bunch of stubborn old goats that favor guys with nba upside no longer matters, everybody has moved on

Shocky1;842675152 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?...do you wanna be a part of all of this?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price ($75,000,000 4 year contract with the portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price (nba development summer league with the oklahoma city thunder)
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield (nba development summer league with the utah jazz)
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews*-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler ($21,404,269 4 year contract with the boston celtics)
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)
charlie moore-3.86 gpa@morgan park
jemarl baker-3.6 gpa@roosevelt
marcus lee-3.5 gpa@kentucky
juhwan harris dyson-3.0 gpa@heritage christian

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one+ remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after basketball is done with you & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...don't be a dumb azz

curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their school & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.