cal's monster class deux

1,376,294 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
south bender;842694714 said:

"to be honest with you"...

When you do not preface your comments with this phrase, or "trust me," should a reader assume you are bs'ing?

Not particular to this post, but: The extraordinary lack of awareness of irony, lampoon, etc. on this Board is overwhelming. On the other hand, I've been looking for an excuse to praise parentswerebears for his response to my observation that Shocky does not control everything in the universe - parentswerebears' astute observations was that Shocky wants me to think that (he, Shocky, does not control everything in the universe)
elderbear
mikecohen;842694727 said:

Not particular to this post, but: The extraordinary lack of awareness of irony, lampoon, etc. on this Board is overwhelming. On the other hand, I've been looking for an excuse to praise parentswerebears for his response to my observation that Shocky does not control everything in the universe - parentswerebears' astute observations was that Shocky wants me to think that (he, Shocky, does not control everything in the universe)

All this irrelevant stuff about Shocky and his family is just useless clutter on an athletic board. Why don't you guys exchange phone numbers and hash all this out in private???
mikecohen
elderbear;842694763 said:

All this irrelevant stuff about Shocky and his family is just useless clutter on an athletic board. Why don't you guys exchange phone numbers and hash all this out in private???

Don't you believe in magic?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842694767 said:

Don't you believe in magic?

yeah, the magic of cal basketball
[video=youtube;4uEK6QJIOI0][/video]
mikecohen
Shocky1;842694779 said:

I heard Tom Tolbert say the Pac 12 is going to institute a new, anti-storming rule, under which the above-depicted scene would cost the school $25,000, scaling up to $100,000 for the 3rd or 4th event.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842677036 said:

the cal staff's overall #1 recruiting target on the big board jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) has moved up to #2 in the most recent scout national rankings (behind marvin bagley of sierra canyon high school who may or may not attend college) for the 2018 class

yeah, both travis decuire & theo robertson were telling me about an elite middle schooler from near sacramento a couple of years ago

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 point moneyballs

jordan & his family have visited berkeley several times including the closed practice the day before the team traveled to australia last summer & also gamedays during the 18-0 perfect home season at haas pavillion, they've experienced the family atmosphere of the cal basketball program

brown is the young ivee (richard midgley told me he thinks they have very similar skillsets) of the 2018 class & with his 3.5 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris & brandon williams

let's do this

check out the informative q&a with the mature true student athlete jordan brown below, he got a 3.5 gpa but is striving for a 4.0 gpa

yeah, jordan is an ideal cal fit, no wonder it's the 1st school that comes to his mind when he lists his potential colleges

http://www.premierball.com/2018-jordan-brown-interview/

jordan brown has made multiple trips to berkeley for closed practices, football games & basketball games including the epic arizona win at haas pavilion in this foto

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including roseville)
Shocky1
mikecohen;842694781 said:

I heard Tom Tolbert say the Pac 12 is going to institute a new, anti-storming rule, under which the above-depicted scene would cost the school $25,000, scaling up to $100,000 for the 3rd or 4th event.

good luck enforcing that ****, some of us dream about stormin' the floor...that's the apex of a well lived life
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]
bearmanpg
Some more Jordan Brown info...I don't think it has been posted before...http://www.premierball.com/2018-jordan-brown-interview/
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842694791 said:

Some more Jordan Brown info...I don't think it has been posted before...http://www.premierball.com/2018-jordan-brown-interview/

kinda think this link is in the post above...but that's ok it's worth reading a couple of times

mikecohen
Shocky1;842694784 said:

good luck enforcing that ****, some of us dream about stormin' the floor...that's the apex of a well lived life
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

What about when the zeros pile up?
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842694779 said:

Shocky, how could you advocate stormin' the court? That's a 25k fine now!

P.S. Okay, mini self booth. Cohen beat me to it while I was cooking dinner...
stu
NVGolfingBear;842694817 said:

Cohen beat me to it while I was cooking dinner...

You ain't cooking nothing like the Bears were cooking in the Haas this season.
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Denver Nuggets workout tomorrow: Wade Baldwin, Ben Bentil, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ty Wallace[/COLOR], Derrick Jones,
Anthony Gill and Ryan Stephan[/SIZE]

UrsaMajor
Shocky:

I assume you have permission from Jordan (and other recruits) to post GPA information. Not meaning to criticize, but that is considered protected just as medical records are; if the staff at Cal revealed it without permission, they could be in serious trouble. Having said that, I do see that it is relevant.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842694961 said:

Shocky:

I assume you have permission from Jordan (and other recruits) to post GPA information. Not meaning to criticize, but that is considered protected just as medical records are; if the staff at Cal revealed it without permission, they could be in serious trouble. Having said that, I do see that it is relevant.

agreed, gpas are very relevant & important with respects to the recruiting prospect pool for the cal basketball program

rivals may not consider gpas & academic ambition but that's a fool's errand

Shocky1
with the counsel of his older bro bryan, marcus lee is gonna transfer from kentucky

Shocky1;842391431 said:

you like sitting on your azz for the half the game in his new platoon scheme with a dozen mcdonalds all americans sharing one basketball & the bench...the guy selling cokes at rupp is gonna get more action than 6'8" marcus lee (of course practicing is way more important in terms of nba skills development & fun than actually playing in basketball games)

ivan rabb's 5 finalists are cal, kentucky (tripping to lexington sunday & monday's blue/white scrimmage), arizona, kansas (november 7th) & ucla

coach cal is all business (he doesn't even pretend he's interested in any personal relationship with you) & emphasized the following key factors of the kentucky nba development factory during ivan's official visit:

*****playing 14-19 minutes per game will prepare you for the nba & coming off the bench cold
*****sharing playing time & one basketball with a dozen mcdonald all americans that all ruthlessly want your valuable playing time is an authentic replication of the cruel nba biz...the strongest predators will win out in the long run
*****the uber lux kentucky basketball dorms which are designed to minimize a player's unnecessary interactions with college students...if you wanna see students, you'll see them bundled up & lining up in the snow 3 hours before your games at rupp
*****an unlimited # of twitter followers & groupies
*****the state of the art kentucky basketball std health clinic which is open 24/7
*****seminars on important nba topics like the proper stowing of firearms in your vehicle for your personal safety
*****a reaffirmation that "reading books and **** like that is a total waste of time" in preparing yourself for the nba draft
*****financial advice re: the economic dangers of giving back too much to your high school & community instead of funneling money into your lavish nba cribs mansion with a tricked out video game room
*****criminal defense firm near campus with experienced barristers "in case some bitch gets out of line"...you are legally entitled to a strong pimp hand at the trap house
*****the benefits of distance (2,382 miles from oakland to lexington) in order to "block out distractions like your mom & younger brother"

coach cal is the man#
business decision#
Shocky1
mikecohen;842694781 said:

after careful frame by frame review of the zapruder game videos of the t-wall usc moneyball floor stormin' incident, it is clear that the dumb azz wearing the purple line vilebrquin shirt with the cal lid incited the entire crowd (other than the bears on the bench) floor stormin' precedent in berkeley which has been repeated since then & hopefully again next season

the magic of cal basketball (starts with fans energy)#

Shocky1
let's be real here, curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools rock the vilebrequin look better than some horizontal dude flapping his arms like he's gonna try to fly thru the roof of haas pavillion

fashion turned upside (almost) down#
UrsaMajor
we certainly agree there. the only question is whether or not the information was obtained in a way that doesn't violate federal law.
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842695150 said:

we certainly agree there. the only question is whether or not the information was obtained in a way that doesn't violate federal law.

shocky is not a criminal, he would never disappoint moms

straight outta the hamptons (the bear of wall street)#
Shocky1
ursa, let's be real here, i know your gpa too
Shocky1
Shocky1;842670830 said:

former cal player & former uab head coach jerrod haase is the stanford cardinals new head coach

the stature of pac 12 basketball would be further enhanced by press conferences between the donut boy of tuscon & the donut boy of palo alto focusing upon the best dunkin' donuts multiple variety boxes, teasing each other about their man boobs & **** like that

jerrod haase's tenure as the head basketball coach is off to a rough start

1st he fails to retain tim o'toole (who refused during his interview to promise to eat the chocolate cake with mocha cream cheese 4 days at the prolific oven with jerrod 4 times a week) & now his best player rosco allen (15.6 ppg & 6.5 rpg) is gonna stay in the nba draft despite virtually no chance of being drafted with the following explanatory press announcement:

"i'm sick and tired of playing at maples in front of 859 paying fans, i would rather drive a taxi in bablyon than do that **** again"
-rosco allen

apathy (and man boobs) in palo alto#
Shocky1
big sauce withdrawing from nba draft & returning to purdue, will be joined by incoming freshman joshua martin
Shocky1
usc's 2nd leading scorer & leading rebounder nikola jovanovich (12.1 ppg & 7.0 rpg) will remain in the nba draft (although he will not be drafted, he will leave south central as a college drop out playing ball in europe) & therefore be the 6th player with eligibility to leave the usc basketball program this offseason, it's been a nightmare season for andy enfield...his smooth talking assistant coaches promise stardom to trojans recruits, they do not manage expectation & then the **** hits the fan in the offseason when everybody bails when promises are not fulfilled

but no worries, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

Shocky1;842686280 said:

elite usc guard julian jacobs will sign with an agent, he's done in south central now regardless of whether or not he's selected in the nba draft

trojans off season transfers include katin reinhardt, darion clark, malik martin & mike marqutti

last season usc averaged an apathetic 4,607 fans per game at the empty & quiet galen center

it's true, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Ira Lee and 4 star Cal bound teammate Jemarl Baker tearing it up[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Shocky1
the cal staff is in daily communication with emerging key 2017 priority wing donnie tillman originally from the housing projects of detroit & now flourishing at findlay prep & the oakland soldiers...tillman is not nationally ranked yet because he played in only 5 games last year because of a now fully recovered meniscus tear w/ cartilage damage but like charlie moore he's gonna be a top 100 player before the end of his upcoming senior season

the findlay prep program operates like a college program with serious time management skills required by its student athletes...before the season the players (who live in 2 houses a block away from the school) got 6:00 am conditioning on the football field followed by school from 8:00 to 3:00 pm with weights at 12:40 pm before lunch...after school there's a basketball practice followed by dinner & then homework study sessions...then at 9:00 they got work outs with the coaches

although coach martin & coach webster are recruiting tillman at the 3, he views himself as position less like draymond green:

"that's my biggest comparison, a more athletic draymond green...i'm a rebounder, i can knock down a mid range shot, i can step up and hit a three, i can sometimes create for myself and for others and i can post up inside and out...and i really love that about (green's) game"

-donnie tillman

he forget to mention that he also got serious hops & can play above the rim too

growing up in tough circumstances in the midwest, donnie can relate to the past experiences of coach martin & coach webster, he would bring a mentally tougher, more bad azz much needed mentality to the sometimes candy azz soft california golden bears

and here's the best news, tillman told ryan gorcey that "education is #1, basketball will take care of itself" & that he got an overall 3.3 gpa...donnie tillman is not a dumb azz, he got academic ambition & is mentally limitless

[video=youtube;R-LUg5Ur5B4][/video]

expect donnie tillman to visit berkeley in the near future, he's gonna make his moms donna holmes who suffers from epilepsy proud of her by taking care of her in the future...and yeah, donnie is an ideal cal fit both thru his multiple skills at the 3 & his hardwork in the classrooms

donnie, come on, let's do this

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the streets of detroit)
concordtom
Nice post, Sherlock!
concordtom
Hey, I just realized why you became the Shocky. It's a better nickname than Shirley.
OzoneTheCat
concordtom;842695283 said:

Hey, I just realized why you became the Shocky. It's a better nickname than Shirley.

Shirley, you can't be serious.
Shocky1
coach martin's contract is awaiting sign off from uc president janet napolitano, the investigative report re: the hufnagel fiasco completely clears coach martin & michael williams of any wrongdoing in reporting & handling the matter will be publicly released before the turn of the century (if not earlier)

forward & onward#
mikecohen
Shocky: This thread is crashing on my Chrome browser.
Shocky1
the cal basketball program made a huge stride forward when former director of the recreational sports facility (rsf) was forced out/resigned/retired/shown the door, etc. mike weinberger left cal...weinberger did not believe our 1000 apr true student athletes were really cal students & worked against mike montgomery & coach martin in their efforts to gain further access to the gold gym for basketball practices

with his departure more flexible hours have been guaranteed & scheduled for the cal basketball program in the gold gym

trust me, absolutely nobody in berkeley is gonna miss a worthless bureaucrat like mike weinberger

Shocky1;842661442 said:

the bears currently practice part of the time in haas pavilion (when available) & also the recreation sport facility's gold gym which was refurbished thru meb donor dollars, i gave mike montgomery a check during a tour (arranged by jay john) he gave 90 minutes prior to a cal basketball game

as part of my travels to all the cal basketball games i've taken tours of the new dedicated basketball practice facilities, the ones in tucson, eugene & salt lake city are particularly impressive (which is important for them because they are all academically mediocre schools with 95%+ acceptance rates)

an integral component (we've already gotten the staff's salary levels upgraded (all the assistant coaches are now making $200k+) & the nation's potentially leading 25.7% attendance increase has turned haas pavilion into one of the top home court advantages in the western states) of the cal basketball program moving forward on it's current dramatic upward trajectory it to build a dedicated basketball practice facility

athletic director mike williams told me last nite that construction cannot begin until the money is basically commited/collected, this is primarily due to the debt incurred with memorial stadium renovation...the current financial forecast for the new facility is estimated at $25-30 million, a cost analysis including below ground infrastructure is currently underway

plus we need a dedicated practice for yoga/meditation classes with a curvy brunette yoga teacher kinda like the $30 million joe craft center in lexington so elvis got a place to practice too

world class facilities#
SFBearz
mikecohen;842695374 said:

Shocky: This thread is crashing on my Chrome browser.

#karma
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.