cal's monster class deux

1,375,809 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cal's monster class analysis of the above game video:

good news: at noted in watching (while i shot at the other basket) him shootaround at haas prior to a football game this fall, jemarl got a pure shooting stroke with nba range, he is arguably the best high school shooter in the united states of america, combined with trevin knell & charlie moore in 2019 the bears could potentially lead the nation in 3 point shooting

bad news: baker does not have the physical strength or ruthless intensity yet to fight thru screens & was abused/exposed defensively by the ball brothers who shot lights out...also baker does not squat in a defensive posture, he stands upright like a suit trying to get a taxi in san francisco...he doesn't seem particuarly engaged on defense & does not display any fierce determination to play lockdown d

Shocky1
usc trojans (11-0) continued their candy azz soft preseason in lubricating 79-67 the seven loss cornell big red in front of 973 fans at the continental tire classic, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball...usc is literally the worst #23 ranked team in the history of college basketball

colorado buffaloes (9-3) got out rebounded -5 by the smaller air force falcons but shot 41.7% (10 of 24) on 3 pointers in out pot smoking 75-68 the military guys...games like this inhibit tad boyle's hair growth, no wonder the supercuts in boulder don't got much biz these days

one man team stud reid travis got limited to 10 points as the stanford cardinals (7-4) showed no heart or will to compete in getting galloped 72-49 by the smu mustangs which is a shame because jerod haase wore his favorite victory secret bra (the one with the frilly fuschia lace) to cover up his man boobs...the key to the bears gameplan vs the cards will be to also neutralize travis, if he's held in check offensively the game is over

uc irvine anteaters (5-8) went hungry 85-77 to the new mexico state aggies in not so charming las cruces

south dakota state jackrabbits (7-7) almost got ****** for free 83-75 by the ten loss drake bulldogs, yeah the jackrabbits started at the bottom but now they've won a couple of games to get back to .500 for the season

wyoming cowboys (9-2) did not wear their big boy boots but still broke back mountained 72-66 the visiting troy trojans...ouch
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Undefeated Cal battles No. 20 Oklahoma
get busy
[/SIZE]
Shocky1
last season in freezing azz:newnana: charlottesville sitting directly behind the cal bench in the 1st row i got to meet the ugly azz virginia mascot, the cavalier

asked that fashion nightmare fiasco if he's ever gonna tie his shoes, the cavalier stared at me with a nasty snarl & was speechless

boom

the cavalier=ugly bitch azz male stripper#
Shocky1
dumb azz comment of the day: a poster on another cal board voiced the opinion that jemarl baker despite his well deserved reputation as one of the nation's leading shooters can't ever be considered a 5 star prospect being of his current lack of physical strength

basically the dumb azz (who has never seen jemarl in person) is saying that baker is never gonna get a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach

yeah, jemarl, shocky & steph curry don't share that point of view, it doesn't have to be that way

Shocky1

juhwan: why do you always gotta wear exactly what i wear?

jemarl: what are you talking about, maybe if you didn't leave all your crap all the floor i could actually find my clothes

juhwan (shaking his head): yeah kinda like the way you find guys on defense after they already scored

jemarl: guess what buddy, shocky thinks you got crooked azz shooting

juhwan: who cares what shocky thinks, he's a dumb azz bitch azz male stripper as far as i'm concerned

roommates (50 year friendship)#:buttkick:
brawlinho
Shocky1;842780404 said:

as colder azz weather approaches this winter, now is an ideal time to bring home a rescue dog & shower them with love and warmth

what's one of the best things about an adoption?

dogs are essentially color blind (the canine color field consists mostly of blues, yellows & violets), they love you for you

look carefully in the scared yet hopeful eyes below, what do you see?

let's do this

we are all rescue mutts#

We are the mutts, they are the rescuers, I have seven little guys that rescue me every single day when I walk in the door and go absolutely nuts like they haven't seen me in a decade. Shocky and me got some issues cuz he's jealous i got better hair than him and a better yoga stomach, but we agree on one thing....#adoptdontshop wwwtennis4dogs.com
Shocky1
brawlinho;842780938 said:

We are the mutts, they are the rescuers, I have seven little guys that rescue me every single day when I walk in the door and go absolutely nuts like they haven't seen me in a decade. Shocky and me got some issues cuz he's jealous i got better hair than him and a better yoga stomach, but we agree on one thing....#adoptdontshop wwwtennis4dogs.com

dude, what planet are you from, uranus?

no way you got a flatter stomach than me, just because your a tennis professional from brazil don't mean ****, ok?...do you see the headstand in the upper right foto above?...and then the foto in the bottom right foto of the perpendicular knee bend?...i do 20 of those knee bends from a headstand starting position in a row as part of my yoga/meditation practice almost every day, that requires crazy azz core strength & a flat azz stomach...don't be a hater

but we're both in 100% agreement about them rescue dogs particularly those that have been absued and/or lived on the streets...the only sadder looks on planet earth are the looks on the broken hearted walks ons nick, cole & koko when coach martin don't put them in the game

the saddest show on earth (we are all mutts/walk ons)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;GiGtnv_USDQ][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;lY3qlxUpUOo][/video]
Shocky1
onetime nevada commit kenny wooten, who did not graduate from manteca high school because of a failed class during his senior year of high school, made a commitment to asu & bobby "off to the races" hurley before the creighton game tonite in tempe...wooten would've need a full year of improved academics at prep school in las vegas to even be potentially cleared for admissions in berkeley, he was originally a cal lean this summer but he decided to make the decision now instead of the spring
Shocky1
onetime cal recruit cameron oliver targeted by gregg gottlieb until he figured out that oliver's 2.5 gpa had no chance of getting him cleared by cal admissions is now the 3rd father on the nevada basketball roster after the birth of his son king jaleel last week

i dunno maybe huf is gonna be the babysitter or something, wouldn't leave yanni alone with the nanny that's for sure particularly if she got a mouth on her
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal beats no. 20 Oklahoma by 8 after leading by twenty five earlier in the game

Bears don't like to make things easy
Kristine with 32 and 15 (boards), Courtney with 13 and 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]11 - 0 ![/SIZE]

Shocky1
went with my creighton grad buddy slim wadie & his son in law michael (he & his wife lisa are the featured talent on a soon to be aired home flipping "reality" show for hgtv which is currently in production) to tonite's game in tempe as the arizona state sundevils (6-6) endured bobby "off to the races" hurley whining about every call for 40 minutes en route to a 96-85 satanic loss to the pious creighton bluejays...in gameplanning for asu it will necessary for the king & hopefully kam to sag in the paint & provide rim protection as the sun devils offense is centered upon torian graham (24 points) & tra holder (24 pointers) attacking the basket with one on one moves, they took 36 of the team's 70 shots...the devils bigs can't shoot from the perimeter which should free up the king & kam to stay in the paint to block/alter drives by graham & holder

arizona wildcats (11-2) +19 on the boards in endangering 77-46 the new mexico lobos...the cats had 16 turnovers which is also the # of glazed maple bars with violet sprinkles that the donut boy of tuscon scarfed down after the game, belly fat is a choice, not a fate...same thing applies for peds too, allonzo

the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (11-2) engaged in rico activities 75-63 at the expense of the fresno state bulldogs, dana altman is a criminal

washington huskies (6-5) knocked down 84.4% on free throws (22 of 26) in slo playing 77-61 the cal poly mustangs (5-7)

louisiana tech bulldogs (7-5) got endangered 79-78 by the florida gulf coast eagles at commander's palace

southeastern louisiana tigers (6-6) were painted something ugly 71-65 by the north texas mean green

oscar frayer scored only 2 points on 1-7 field goals but thunder dan majerle's grand canyon antelopes loped 63-53 by the alcorn state braves (2-8)

princeton tigers (4-6) should've played chess & not basketball in getting ivy leagued 96-90 by the monmouth hawks which is apparently an amusement park in southern illinois or something
MealPoints08
Shocky1;842780404 said:

as colder azz weather approaches this winter, now is an ideal time to bring home a rescue dog & shower them with love and warmth

what's one of the best things about an adoption?

dogs are essentially color blind (the canine color field consists mostly of blues, yellows & violets), they love you for you

look carefully in the scared yet hopeful eyes below, what do you see?

let's do this

we are all rescue mutts#

Love this post and spot on. Have a rescue cat in my case, but he is the absolute BOY and I will always go shelter adoption.
Shocky1

the #12 ranked virginia cavaliers are 9-1 with their only loss being to west virginia 66-57...the cavs are #1 in the nation in scoring defense (46.7 ppg) & #2 in field goal defense (33.9%), they are a physical & well coached team

the cavs (same starting line up in all 10 games) are led by senior 6'2" 197 lbs london perrantes (9.6 ppg & a team high 4.4 apg), 6'5" 196 lbs marial shayrock (9.1 ppg), 6'3" 165 lbs kyle guy (8.6 ppg with a fatal 61.5% on 3 pointers, bears must know where the shooter #5 is on the court at all times), 6'4" 196 lbs darius thompson (8.4 ppg), 6'7" 243 lbs jarred reuter (6.9 ppg & 4.5 rpg) & 6'7" 235 lbs isaiah wilkins (6.3 ppg & 5.2 rpg)...virginia is one of the deepest teams in the nation that coach bennett keeps his players fresh for maximum d intensity

cal will have a significant height advantage in the paint, feeding young ivee & the king will help exploit that opportunity...the other key to the game will be for both of them to stay out of foul trouble, the bears are not gonna win this game with ivan's azz sitting on the bench & expect the cavs to go after him early in the game, rabb gotta play smart just like he's been taught by our coaches now & coach richie back in the day

this is gonna be a close game, it will be important for charlie & sammy to keep the guys together in order to weather the storm when the cavs go on a run, that's just part of the game...jabari, grant, roger & stephen have all played in big games before & need to provide senior leadership (deep audible breathing is helpful)...the cavs are very tough at home in charlottesville but have not proven themselves yet on the road this season & make no mistake about it, the barricade is gonna be electric tonite for this white out game, are you gonna be in the haas?

most importantly the guys gotta play relaxed & with smiles on their faces, this is just another opportunity for our little kids to play basketball on the playground with their best friends...yeah these bears are all grown up, basketall is fun (we're not trying to end world hunger tonite, just win a basketball game)

taylor (gonna be on the roadtrip with her dad, watching cal basketball on tv isn't an option) & i love all of our california golden bears & she think that they also good looking which is not an opinion shared by me, as far as i'm concerned they all just a bunch of ugly bitch azz male strippers with good gpas

let's do this

compete#
Shocky1

yeah baby, it's gonna be a white out at an uber amped & fueled up haas pavilion for tonite's epic battle at the barricade, make sure all your ******* weapons fit in one of them clear plastic baggies, ok?

there's a reason young ivee has never lost a game at haas pavillion dating back to the california state championship game & his ice in his veins game winning moneyball free throw vs mater dei

the magic of cal basketball (at the barricade)#
Shocky1
MealPoints08;842781011 said:

Love this post and spot on. Have a rescue cat in my case, but he is the absolute BOY and I will always go shelter adoption.

mealpoint, there are those who inflict cruelty upon unprotected cats & there are those like you that save their lives with love

just like there are those that never attend games at haas pavilion (they would prefer to just talk **** about our true student athletes on a gameday thread) & those that will be at the barricade tonite to do their part in creating gameday energy for their california golden bears

if you live in northern california & particualrly the bay area you still gotta plenty of time to change your schedule & buy tix(s) on calbears.com (buying on stub hub doesn't generate any revenues for the basketball program) & get your azz to berkeley by 7:00 pm tonite

let's do this, celebrate your life with a little bit adventure, ok?

life is not linear (tvs are for losers)#
89Bear
Shocky1;842781120 said:

yeah baby, it's gonna be a white out at an uber amped & fueled up haas pavilion for tonite's epic battle at the barricade, make sure all your ******* weapons fit in one of them clear plastic baggies, ok?

there's a reason young ivee has never lost a game at haas pavillion dating back to the california state championship game & his ice in his veins game winning moneyball free throw vs mater dei

the magic of cal basketball (at the barricade)#

Will your white shirt have pink sleeves????
Shocky1
89Bear;842781150 said:

Will your white shirt have pink sleeves????

no but i obviously can't speak for everyone
Jeff82
Shocky1;842781001 said:

went with my creighton grad buddy slim wadie & his son in law michael (he & his wife lisa are the featured talent on a soon to be aired home flipping "reality" show for hgtv which is currently in production) to tonite's game in tempe as the arizona state sundevils (6-6) endured bobby "off to the races" hurley whining about every call for 40 minutes en route to a 96-85 satanic loss to the pious creighton bluejays...in gameplanning for asu it will necessary for the king & hopefully kam to sag in the paint & provide rim protection as the sun devils offense is centered upon torian graham (24 points) & tra holder (24 pointers) attacking the basket with one on one moves, they took 36 of the team's 70 shots...the devils bigs can't shoot from the perimeter which should free up the king & kam to stay in the paint to block/alter drives by graham & holder

arizona wildcats (11-2) +19 on the boards in endangering 77-46 the new mexico lobos...the cats had 16 turnovers which is also the # of glazed maple bars with violet sprinkles that the donut boy of tuscon scarfed down after the game, belly fat is a choice, not a fate...same thing applies for peds too, allonzo

the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (11-2) engaged in rico activities 75-63 at the expense of the fresno state bulldogs, dana altman is a criminal

washington huskies (6-5) knocked down 84.4% on free throws (22 of 26) in slo playing 77-61 the cal poly mustangs (5-7)

louisiana tech bulldogs (7-5) got endangered 79-78 by the florida gulf coast eagles at commander's palace

southeastern louisiana tigers (6-6) were painted something ugly 71-65 by the north texas mean green

oscar frayer scored only 2 points on 1-7 field goals but thunder dan majerle's grand canyon antelopes loped 63-53 by the alcorn state braves (2-8)

princeton tigers (4-6) should've played chess & not basketball in getting ivy leagued 96-90 by the monmouth hawks which is apparently an amusement park in southern illinois or something

Played in the Pebble Beach homeowners' tournament Monday with my boss. We played with a doctor and his son. The son, and his very attractive blond fiance, are in their fourth year at Creighton Medical School, which is located in ---Phoenix, AZ. Weird. But I imagine that helps with enrollment, since choosing between medical school in the Valley of the Sun and in Omaha is pretty much a no-brainer. Nice kid, hit the hell out of the ball. He's aiming to become a dermatologist, which should leave plenty of time for golf.
Jeff82
RMB and Domingo will have key roles in this game, IMHO, because we need their length and quickness on defense. This is going to be a classic grind-it-out game between two fundamentally sound teams. Have to make free throws. If we bring the intensity, we can win this game at home.
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842781153 said:

no but i obviously can't speak for everyone

Putin hits that.
89Bear
NYCGOBEARS;842781202 said:

Putin hits that.

Knew I should have grown up to be a Russian dictator:headbang
concordtom
Shocky1;842781039 said:

This image makes me think of the uproar over Native American sports mascots.
How do African Americans feels about some 1800's white guy from a confederate slave state being their mascot.
(UVA founded 1819, and he sure looks of European descent to me.)

How do Caucasians feel about having some horseman be their mascot?

Golden Bears mascot way better!

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Singer played like a vet point guard, who plays his best and most aggressive in big games[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Rabb continues his dominance on the boards[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]1000 career points
[/SIZE]
Shocky1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6063[/ATTACH]

so close yet so far away

the bears showed heart tonite in coming back from a 9 point deficit to take a 5 point lead early in the 2nd half against a mentally tough & experienced #12 ranked team but couldn't finish the deal down the stretch at a loud & electric haas pavilion

sammy singer played one of his best games during his cal career with physically relentless d & also playing within his role/skill set on the offensive end scoring 10 points on 4 of 6 basketball attacking field goals along with 4 boards, 3 assists & only 1 turnover in 33 minutes...sam played with a bad azz attitude & hand clapping, when that happens he's at his best & tonite was no exception

roger moute a bidias is not being fully utilized at this time, rmd ony played 8 minutes...the playing rotation needs to be evaluated to ensure that roger is put in positions where he can help the team...he is arguably the team's best chaser thru brutal screen packages along with singer & the bird man, when kyle guy was going off roger could've helped the team defensively if given the opportunity...offensively he can attack the basket when the window opens & is shooting a remarkable 80.8% on free throws

yeah, the bears had another poor outing in terms of feeding young ivee with entry lob passes, rabb only took 4 shots which is likely causing the staff to lose some sleep & consider fresh solutions...but i now have come to the conclusion that the failure to facilitate our all american is part of a much bigger problem, this is a very poor passing team, the bears were last in the pac 12 in assists heading into the cal poly game & are currently averaging only 13 assists per game...cal only had 11 assists tonite...to put that in perspective ucla is averaging 23.8 assists per game with the ball moving rapidly between teammates (and it's not just lonzo ball), our guys are pointlessly dribbling the ball a couple of times before making a pass to nowhere

attending the asu vs creighton game in tempe yesterday evening was a real eye opener, the #9 ranked bluejays crisply & efficiently moved the ball like the golden state warriors with guys in constant motion & minimal dribbling, the jays are averaging 19 assists per game...mitch, marcus & nick will be breaking down asu for next week's game & i'm hopeful that every coach on the staff will watch the creighton game (yeah that's me in the 1st row behind coach mcdermott coaching him up as the jays 5th coach, he smiled & smirked at me the whole game as we shared moments together)

last year's team was also a very poor passing team which largely can be attributed to the one on one play of nba talents t-wall & jaylen brown, cal was 10th in the pac 12 last season with only 12.8 assists per game...the fact the team is not a better passing team with their departures suggests this is a systemic problem which needs to be addressed

bottom line, changes in the playing rotation & the passing game are necessary if this california golden bears team is gonna make the jump from good to great, the failure to pass the ball & faciliate/distribute each other partiucalry ivan is preventing this team from beating elite competition

the sun will rise tomorrow & both the staff & players will need to work harder/smarter...we already got the best d in the pac 12 & are a very strong rebounding team with contributions from everybody but our offense is a work in process

let's do this & make no mistake, taylor & i still love all of these guys

life is not linear (and failing to pass/share the ball won't win championships)#
Shocky1
suggestion for coach martin: at the absolute begining (before anybody else talks) of the next staff meeting tomorrow, nick kerr should be given the floor to discuss the current issues with the current lack of ball movement & failure to generate assists and also recommend suggestions for improving this continued 3 year issue which has limited the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program to win more close games against elite competition

Shocky1;842683580 said:

taylor & i conversed with nick & steve kerr for 10 minutes in an empty haas pavilion while the rest of the crowd socialized & boozed it up in the lounge prior to the season end banquet

steve & i talked about where he lived in scottsdale & his favorite local restaurants when he coached the phx suns but more importantly we conversed re: our yoga practices (his studio is in berkeley), his favorite pose is the pigeon in that it helps him release his lower back

this was my 1st conversation with nick & he told me that he will serve as a graduate assistant next season for the bears while he completes his 2nd year of the public health graduate program

nick & i had a remarkable conversation in which we discussed why ivan rabb was underutilized in the low post, the passing challenges of this year's team & why the cal basketball team underachieved this season...nick is refreshingly candid & absolutely brutal in his assessments but he also got potential solutions...i'm not going to discuss the specifics of our conversation but i'm very optimistic that nick will share his thoughts with the coaches & the players, he had an up close view of the strengths & problems facing the cal basketball program this season

i've visited with quite a few nba scouts & coaches and i can tell you with confidence that nick kerr has an advanced basketball mind & a unique ability to strategize what steps need to be taken in the future to coach up this team's shortcomings

it will be very important for nick to remain edgy and outspoken & for coach martin & the older coaches to listen to kerr's input, he will be the hardest working graduate assistant in the united states, you can bank of that

Shocky1
[video=youtube;-t0HmnXcIK8][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;IXjPh6W2BN0][/video]
south bender
HoopDreams;842781538 said:

[SIZE=5]Singer played like a vet point guard, who plays his best and most aggressive in big games[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Rabb continues his dominance on the boards[/SIZE]

[im

g][/img]

+1
Shocky1
ucla bruins (13-0) shared the ball with 22 assists (aaron holiday with 7 assists & isaac hamilton with 5 assists, it's not just lonzo ball distributing/faciliting in westwood this season) in bucking 82-68 the western michigan broncos

jaquori mclaughlin stepped up with 8 assists & 14 points as the oregon state beavers (4-9) streaked by 69-50 the kent state golden flashes somehwere in the freezing azz oregon northwest

despite stud josh hawkenson being held to a season low 8 points the washington state cougars (7-5) stung 74-66 the sacramento state hornets

uc irvine anteaters (5-9) got zapped 88-80 by the akron zips
Shocky1

charlie moore: 39 assists in 381 minutes
sam singer: 33 assists in 341 minutes
grant mullins: 17 assists in 269 minutes
ivan rabb: 16 assists in 306 minutes
kingsley okoroh: 15 assists in 281 minutes
don coleman: 12 assists in 107 minutes
stephen domingo: 8 assists in 193 minutes
roger moute a bidias: 6 assists in 252 minutes
jabari bird: 5 assists in 170 minutes

ouch

the grind (gotta get better)#
Shocky1
creighton:
maurice watson jr: 108 assists in 364 minutes
kyhri thomas: 31 assists in 322 minutes
marcus foster: 24 assists in 324 minutes

ucla:
lonzo ball: 108 assists in 450 minutes
aaron holiday: 56 assists in 342 minutes
isaac hamilton: 45 assists in 407 minutes
tj leaf: 37 assists in 396 minutes
bryce alford: 35 assists in 431 minutes
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.