cal's monster class deux

1,375,954 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
89Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842819714 said:

missouri athletic director jim sterk & executive athletic director brian white interviewed coach martin sunday in the bay area & have extended an actionable offer for the tigers head coaching position

Didn't CM say in his Sunday press conference that ALL of his focus was on the NIT game???
Vineyardview
If not Washington its more likely Porter is heading to Missouri
OldBlue1999
MoragaBear;842819721 said:

Clark's willing to reduce roster size significantly, not to mention fully fund and staff a women's rugby team if it's part of a comprehensive plan to get title ix numbers into balance if they eliminate any other non-self sufficient sports.

It's refreshing and encouraging to hear that these conversations are actually taking place. I'd still be skeptical of any plan that doesn't involve going to the mandatory minimum sports and roster slots, but at least it's a start. We're never gonna have even a chance to be competitive in the major revenue sports until we free them of their unnecessary dependents. Honestly when you look at the numbers it pretty easy to see track, rowing and rugby are the massive core of our numbers problem.
Beardog26
All of which, in addition to other information regarding Cal Rugby and Jack Clark's contributions to the AD and its balance sheet, I have conveyed to you multiple times on this board and once via PM. Yet you ignored it and persisted in repeatedly and purposefully spouting inaccurate misinformation on these boards (and God knows where else).

You contend that it is never your intent to provide inaccurate information. To the contrary, you have an extremely loose and tenuous relationship with facts. Had you listened to repeated corrections, or bothered to do any research and obtain correct information from a reliable source, the results would not have fit your agenda.
Jeff82
I wouldn't worry about it, you guys. Martin's departure probably means an end to this thread. I'm guessing IAD didn't even try to compete with Missouri, if the reported offer of $3.5 million a year for five years is true.
R.Hobbs
89Bear;842819732 said:

Didn't CM say in his Sunday press conference that ALL of his focus was on the NIT game???

right ...lines not to believed to be included with , it's only a cold sore and my Mercedes is paid for
Shocky1
best wishes to roberta & coach martin & their beautiful family

Shocky1;842819714 said:

missouri athletic director jim sterk & executive athletic director brian white interviewed coach martin sunday in the bay area & have extended an actionable offer for the tigers head coaching position
Bigbri22
Shocky1;842819586 said:

contrary to the viewpoints of cal's tv fan base, the sky is not falling in berkeley
:

Shocky, I love that you support Cal but you can take your assumptions about the rest of the Cal fan base and shove 'em up your a$$.

thank you and good night
SBGold
Does a good coach in major Div I bball now cost 3.5 mill a year? That's trouble for us
Shocky1

former nba head coach for the golden state warriors & sacramento kings & current ncca tournament nevada wolfpack eric musselman along with his wife former espn reporter danyelle is the prohibitive favorite to be the next head basketball coach for the california golden bears

coach musselman has described cal as "a dream job" & still owns a house in danville, his 2 teenage boys from a previous marriage reside in the bay area, nor cal is his home

nba sources have told me he's a fiery & tenacious workaholic, that he demands 100% of his staff at all times & that he's a tremendous gameday coach...he would be a fabulous strategist along the lines of coach mike montgomery, the bears will call time outs in tight games & score off in bounds plays, we will out scheme opponents

coach musselman brought in 2018 superstar jordan brown for an unofficial visit to nevada this summer that by all accounts went very well...wife danyelle describes herself as 2nd mom to players & is very active with the on campus official visits

as for the future of cal's monster class i'm gonna see if the athletic department can finalize the deal with coach musselman & who he retains/hires as staff...it's absolutely necessary for the future of the cal basketball program that he build his team around coach nicodemus christopher, he's the real deal for guys building nba bodies both physically & mentally...good luck to yanni in hopefully taking a step forward in his career with the nevada staff if dave rice is promoted internally as the head coach, huf will not be returning to berkeley...hiring current los angeles laker assistant coach & former cal basketball staff/player tireless worker theo robertson should be a priority along with the current staff which will be essential in retaining cal's remarkable both athletically & academically go all the way up class (2017)

the cal athletic department will not hire a head coach that does not already have head coaching experience

coach musselman could potentially bring championships to berkeley if he hires the right staff (coach nic), keeps together cal's go all the way up class (2017) & successfully keeps jordan brown home in his late summer/early fall collegiate decision...i'm looking forward to hopefully meeting him in person in the near future

and yeah coach musselman knows a thing or two about mutts of mixed descent too & that's a good thing:bravo

Shocky1;842808487 said:

are you gonna be the 2nd mutt of mixed descent along with justice sueing jr as part of cal's go all the way up class (2017)?

your moms got a lotta energy, she made twice the noise of you & your old man at last nite's knights game, how does she take her coffee?:newnana:

Shocky1;842804761 said:

justice is a mutt, his dad is black & his moms is samoan...the fact that berkeley along with the san francisco bay area is one of the most diverse places on planet earth is kinda important to fellow mutts ivan rabb, derek king, kameron rooks, nick hamilton, stephen domingo, brandon chauca, koko kurdoghlian, brenden glapion, jason kidd, lou richie & myself

justice, check out the link below with quotes from phoenix suns head coach earl watson (he's black & latino) re: his view that all the trump racism is uniting people & that the next president of the united states of america could be a female of a "mixed race and it's going to be intresting to see who that person is"

us mutts tend to be the least racist people on planet earth, yeah i got my eyes on the next potus in 2020, she's gonna be a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach...and that's a good thing, someone who could unite the citizens of america, right justice?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/11/12/suns-earl-watson-sees-new-us-unity-after-election/93742980/

real talk (what an incredible opportunity for tomorrow):bravo:bravo:bravo#
Shocky1
Bigbri22;842819965 said:

Shocky, I love that you support Cal but you can take your assumptions about the rest of the Cal fan base and shove 'em up your a$$.

thank you and good night

bigbri, i think shoving instruments up your azz is your deal not mine
bearchamp
So, finally the end of Shocky's juvenile missives? "yeah coach martin & me are a package deal...the cal basketball program is either gonna be supported with an all in manner or we're out" Shocky1.
TheSouseFamily
Shocky1;842819985 said:

former nba head coach for the golden state warriors & sacramento kings & current ncca tournament nevada wolfpack eric musselman along with his wife former espn reporter danyelle is the prohibitive favorite to be the next head basketball coach for the california golden bears

coach musselman has described cal as "a dream job" & still owns a house in danville, his 2 teenage boys from a previous marriage reside in the bay area, nor cal is his home

nba sources have told me he's a fiery & tenacious workaholic, that he demands 100% of his staff at all times & that he's a tremendous gameday coach...he would be a fabulous strategist along the lines of coach mike montgomery, the bears will call time outs in tight games & score off in bounds plays, we will out scheme opponents

coach musselman brought in 2018 superstar jordan brown for an unofficial visit to nevada this summer that by all accounts went very well...wife danyelle describes herself as 2nd mom to players & is very active with the on campus official visits

as for the future of cal's monster class i'm gonna see if the athletic department can finalize the deal with coach musselman & who he retains/hires as staff...it's absolutely necessary for the future of the cal basketball program that he build his team around coach nicodemus christopher, he's the real deal for guys building nba bodies both physically & mentally...good luck to yanni in hopefully taking a step forward in his career with the nevada staff if dave rice is promoted internally as the head coach, huf will not be returning to berkeley...hiring current los angeles laker assistant coach & former cal basketball staff/player tireless worker theo robertson should be a priority along with the current staff which will be essential in retaining cal's remarkable both athletically & academically go all the way up class (2017)

the cal athletic department will not hire a head coach that does not already have head coaching experience

coach musselman could potentially bring championships to berkeley if he hires the right staff (coach nic), keeps together cal's go all the way up class (2017) & successfully keeps jordan brown home in his late summer/early fall collegiate decision...i'm looking forward to hopefully meeting him in person in the near future

and yeah coach musselman knows a thing or two about mutts of mixed descent too & that's a good thing:bravo

Shocky - Who on the current Cal roster do you think has an NBA body?
Shocky1
bearchamp;842819994 said:

So, finally the end of Shocky's juvenile missives? "yeah coach martin & me are a package deal...the cal basketball program is either gonna be supported with an all in manner or we're out" Shocky1.

if i truly think we can still win championships like i did with coach martin, i'll be all in with coach musselman...if not, i'll extend more energy playing the world's top 100 golf courses with friends & traveling with my family, this is not that complicated

if you had a yoga/meditation practice, you would already know this

life is not linear#
GoldenBear1
I love this plan, make it happen!

Go Bears!!!

Shocky1;842819985 said:

Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842819998 said:

marcus lee told me last nite that he weighs 222 lbs up from the 211 lbs he weighed at the 2016 nba combine, nba sources would like to see him play at 235 lbs next season

marcus is on the right road with coach nic
TheSouseFamily
John Calipari on Eric Musselman:

"Eric is one of the best in our sport. Extremely driven and knowledgeable. I've watched and coached against him in the NBA and FIBA games. He has an uncanny feel for the game, and ability to read where the game is at. More importantly, is his ability to motivate and teach his players what it takes to improve and win. He is as good as it gets."

Jeff Van Gundy on Musselman:

"as competitive of a guy as I've ever coached against. He's a brilliant offensive mind."
Jeff82
Hiring Musselman is just a repeat of what we just went through. IMHO, he's just marking time until he can get back to the NBA. He won't stay at Cal if he wins even as much as Martin.
SBGold
Shocky1;842820001 said:

marcus lee told me last nite that he weighs 222 lbs up from the 211 lbs he weighed at the 2016 nba combine, nba sources would like to see him play at 235 lbs next season

marcus is on the right road with coach nic

I doubt we are keeping Nic though
stu
TheSouseFamily;842819998 said:

Good point - Martin is no longer on the roster.
stu
Shocky1;842819985 said:

Nice family pic, but I hope they lose that LSU stuff before our women play them Saturday.
Mealpoints
Shockster, lot of questions at this point. Most importantly, does the Monster thread live on?? Go 🐻
Big C
Shocky1;842819999 said:

if i truly think we can still win championships like i did with coach martin, i'll be all in with coach musselman...if not, i'll extend more energy playing the world's top 100 golf courses with friends & traveling with my family, this is not that complicated

if you had a yoga/meditation practice, you would already know this

life is not linear#

Shocky, I just want to be clear here...

Are you saying you're possibly not in it for the long haul? Are you saying you are a huge Cal Basketball fan... under certain conditions? Or am I misinterpreting what you wrote?
Big C
SBGold;842820026 said:

Yeah, first off, the S & C guy often moves on with the guy that hired him, or else the new guy brings in his guy.

Second, and I am just throwing this out there based on what I've seen, have Christopher's results been all that good? I know it's a complicated situation, it always is, but how is Rabb after 1 1/2 yrs? (I know, there was the mono and now the ongoing plantar.) How about Roman Davis? How about Kam? How has Moore's strength and stamina been the last month? Certainly, many of the guys have made progress, like they would in any good S & C program during their years from 18-22, but where are the notable results?

As of right now, it would not be unreasonable to conclude that Christopher has done an okay job, but a job that "seems" better than it really is, based upon some well-done, sell-job videos and a few before-and-after photos that used everything but PhotoShop to accentuate any progress that was actually made.

Marcus Lee (6-9+) is up to 222 whole lbs.? Hey, great.

To make the retention of Nicodemus Christopher be a key factor for hiring and/or supporting the next coach seems... Nicodiculous.
stu
Big C_Cal;842820101 said:

To make the retention of Nicodemus Christopher be a key factor for hiring and/or supporting the next coach seems... Nicodiculous.

+pun
Shocky1
not sure, meals, let's see how this plays out

Mealpoints;842820046 said:

Shockster, lot of questions at this point. Most importantly, does the Monster thread live on?? Go ��
Shocky1
coach martin has been orchestrating his departure for a while, with lorenzo romar's termination he's gonna bring washington assistant coach michael porter sr with him to missouri (family is originally from there) along with his sons #1 player in the 2017 class michael porter sr (currently a washington commit) & his younger bro jontay

coach martin also told a high school coach sunday that he & roberta love the bay area & that he wasn't going to leave cal despite interviewing with the missouri athletic director & executive athletic director the same day

will be very interesting to see if charlie moore is coach martin's next point guard in missouri with an immediate eligibility appeal with the ncca due to charlie's dad's recent health issues

missouri is gonna be the most improved team in college basketball next season

lack of transparency (the deal maker)#
Shocky1
jemarl, juhwan & grant all in, justice gonna see who's the next coach & olivier (previously a silent commit) will be tough to retain
socaltownie
Shocky1;842820341 said:

coach martin has been orchestrating his departure for a while, with lorenzo romar's termination he's gonna bring washington assistant coach michael porter sr with him to missouri (family is originally from there) along with his sons #1 player in the 2017 class michael porter sr (currently a washington commit) & his younger bro jontay

coach martin also told a high school coach sunday that he & roberta love the bay area & that he wasn't going to leave cal despite interviewing with the missouri athletic director & executive athletic director the same day

will be very interesting to see if charlie moore is coach martin's next point guard in missouri with an immediate eligibility appeal with the ncca due to charlie's dad's recent health issues

Obviouisly the point guard issues would be devestating. Love Chauca but he is not a pac-12 level Point guard. Be VERY luck to win 10 games.
Shocky1
SBGold;842820026 said:

agreed

the deal maker#
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842820341 said:

Or not.
BeggarEd
Shocky1;842820356 said:

agreed

the deal maker#

I hear the golf is great in Columbia this time of year... you headed that way too?
FrankBear21
If he takes Charlie, my opinion of him would change.
socaltownie
FrankBear21;842820363 said:

If he takes Charlie, my opinion of him would change.

To be fair what Walton said on the broadcast the other day was that Charlies dad has had a MAJOR stroke. Don't know if Walton is an MD but I can totally understand an 18 year olds world being thrown 180. A hardship to get closer to home to help would make sense (if Mizzu really isn't THAT close). The issue for Cal is that our PG situation will be bleaker than bleak....to the point of likely a Dumpster fire situation.
FrankBear21
socaltownie;842820366 said:

To be fair what Walton said on the broadcast the other day was that Charlies dad has had a MAJOR stroke. Don't know if Walton is an MD but I can totally understand an 18 year olds world being thrown 180. A hardship to get closer to home to help would make sense (if Mizzu really isn't THAT close). The issue for Cal is that our PG situation will be bleaker than bleak....to the point of likely a Dumpster fire situation.

I understand... but if he takes Charlie, he needs to take Shocky also. It's a package deal.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.