aaron rodgers' future is in jeopardy

14,490 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
What's up with his hair?

okaydo
https://instagr.am/p/CPVB3NejIfc

bearister

*If AR posted on BI, he would only post this version of the cartoon when the Bears play the Beavers:

....and only this version of the image when posting in a MTG thread:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
bearister
Too bad AR has to play with 3 a$$h@les.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Poor Rodgers.

calumnus
okaydo said:

Poor Rodgers.

He's the executive producer, so I guess he's negotiating with himself?

They also hired Mayim Bialik as second host and she is getting all the publicity, probably as cover for the self-dealing.

Rodgers' future will have to be elsewhere.
okaydo
calumnus said:

okaydo said:

Poor Rodgers.

He's the executive producer, so I guess he's negotiating with himself?

They also hired Mayim Bialik as second host and she is getting all the publicity, probably as cover for the self-dealing.

Rodgers' future will have to be elsewhere.

People keep saying he was like Dick Cheney. And to a certain extent, they are right. But as Mike Richards has said, the decision wasn't his to make. It was up to the CEO of Sony Pictures Television and his fellow executives. Obviously, as the show's executive producer, Richards has something the other guest-hosts don't have. But it wasn't ultimately up to him. But how much influence could Richards have? He's been with the show for as long as the pandemic has been going on. He started in early 2020 shadowing the outgoing executive producer, but the season was cut short because of the pandemic.

Richards had said that he was an emergency last-minute substitute host after Ken Jennings' stint, but that story has proven to be fishy now that he's gotten the gig. This is from Claire McNear, who wrote this book about Jeopardy:

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/8/5/22611962/jeopardy-new-host-mike-richards-sony

And you're right, Mayim Bialik is getting all the publicity. I noticed that a lot of the headlines played it up as if they were equals splitting the job equally. But no, he's actually Alex Trebek's replacement while she'll be appearing every once in a while in primetime.

I wonder if Sony saw the backlash over the Mike Richards last week, and decided at the last minute to hire Bialik to tamp down on the controversy over Richards and his past discrimination lawsuits. Anyways, it worked!

(Bialik has her own past problems, from being anti-vaxxer -- but apparently not anymore! -- for having to apologize for blaming the victims in the Harvey Weinstein controversy.)

I guess Ken Jennings wasn't picked because he's too controversial, too political (lefty) and his fame would intimidate the players.

Rodgers and the others didn't get the job because they wanted somebody who could do it full time with no other big jobs. (That's what Richards said.)

And Richards fit the bill because he "looks the part" of a generic bland personality-free controversy-free host.

01Bear
I'll be honest, Mike Richards had the best performance. Mayim Bialik's performance was entirely forgettable (as in, I've completely forgotten how she was as a host). Aaron Rodgers was actually really good as a Jeopardy host. Levar Burton was nowhere near as good (he had too way many pauses before confirming a response was correct).

Were I the decisionmaker, it would've been a tossup between Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers. The rest of the guest hosts were not anywhere near as good.
okaydo
READ --->

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.