Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Nunie Tuitele
Cal Football

Tuitele Caps Strong Visit Weekend With Commitment to Cal

June 14, 2021

6-4/235 Regis Jesuit (Aurora, CO) OLB Nunie Tuitele capped a successful official visit weekend to the Bay Area Friday through Sunday with a commitment to Cal this evening.

The versatile Tuitele played defensive end and tight end for Regis as well as handling longsnapping duties.

“It was just a great visit overall,” said Tuitele. “All the love from the coaches and the players, from the morning I got there to the morning I left. All the people there -it just felt right.

“I was hosted by Orin Patu -another outside linebacker. They were part of that love I was talking about. Just treating us right, making sure we were all good. It was just a great family home feeling.”

Tuitele’s relationship with OLB coach Keith Heyward as well as DC Peter Sirmon and HC Justin Wilcox grew over the weekend, being able to spend significant time with the staff.

“It’s good,” said Tuitele of his relationship with Hayward. “The relationship grew over the visit. From what I heard him say, he likes the attitude I have and the physicality and the heart. I think he sees me filling the outside linebacker position.

“I got to talk to Coach Wilcox and Coach Sirmon a lot, too. They’re good guys. One thing that sticks out to me about Coach Wilcox is his care for the players, even off the field. It would be hard to tell he was the head coach just based on the way he treats his guys, making sure everyone’s doing well off the field.”

Campus and the Bay Area were strong factors in the 3 star OLB’s commitment, as well.

“Campus and the Bay Area are beautiful,” said Tuitele. “The campus is definitely very large but very nice. Academically, I think my general interest is in the tech field somewhere.”

In five games in 2021, Tuitele had 24 tackles and three sacks and an interception returned 30 yards at DE for Regis.

Tuitele had offers from Colorado, Kansas State, Air Force, Army and more but Cal was his only official visit set. Tuitele joins fellow commits Jaxson Moi‍ and Nate Burrell‍ -both DEs who committed after their official visits last week as well as QB Justyn Martin‍ and DT Damonic Williams‍, who are both set to visit Cal this weekend.

More stories:

Week Two of Cal's Official Visit Month Features 7 Bear Targets

Cal Linebackers Are An Interesting Mix

Discussion from...

Tuitele Caps Strong Visit Weekend With Commitment to Cal

4,606 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Fyght4Cal
Goobear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome on board Mr. Tuitele. Wishing you nothing but the best of success on and off the field.
79 Bear
Awesome! Welcome to Cal Tui!
philbert
Welcome to the Cal fam! Great 40 year decision!
burritos
Damn, his films are off the charts. Is the competition in CO good? Cause he looks like he's in a different league.
91Cal
Welcome to the family, Nunie!

Go Bears!
Big C

Super glad you're coming to Cal, Nunie! We fans CAN'T WAIT to get back into the stadium and cheer on our team!

Go Bears!
Fyght4Cal
Congratulations on your commitment to Cal, Nunie! Welcome to The Center Of The Universe.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.