cal's monster offensive line

1,504,660 Views | 9869 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Econ141
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as mentioned here multiple times there is no specific dollar amount by the board of regents attached to ucla's calimony, knowlton needs to be pressured to start reducing expenses which will require cutting sports & the department's bloated bureaucracy
Shocky1

rip rodriguez (and condolences to the beautiful people of capetown)#
Shocky1

fed ex st jude pga 1st round tournament update:

nice tropical colored shirt, brah & even nicer gestures giving the little girl one of ur golf balls (even if she didn't totally want it at 1st, lol) & also donating to the maui front street cause

yeah colin morikawa with 6 birdies & a missed 4 footer par putt for a bogey on the 7th hole en route to a 5 under par 65 & tied for 3rd

wildest rollercoaster round of the day wuz byeong hun an with an eagle, 6 birdies & a 3 hole stretch from the 12-14th holes he played in 5 over par in carding a tumultuous 3 under par 67 & tied for 15th

unlike the phony/fake azz phil mickelson the monster don't bet on anything in life (other than friendly wagers on the golf course, sports book betting is for losers that exude brokeness) but it's clear that ben is arguably the quietest secret emerging future star on the pga tour...an is top 5 in distance off the tee coupled with a top 5 stats in scrambling and now finally his putting is solid with his new broomstick putter he put in the bag before the scottish open opening round 61 with shocky rooting/coaching him up in person the whole way

max homa birdied the 15th & 16th holes to shoot a 2 under par 68 & tied for 34th...homanation needs more sleep with an infant these day

https://instagr.am/p/Cvvi3Q3tzAP
cal is a golf school (and no conference realignment$ can ever change the magic of cal golf)#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line update: practice #7

listen to an obviously agitated coach wilcox, this is most angry he's ever sounded during fall camp during his 7 years in berkeley...the almost bitterness in his voice is palpable

not gonna sugarcoat it, cal's monster offensive line got their azzs handed to them today allowing blitzing sacks & qb pressures causing plays to go out of sequence into chaos

complicating matters is that the dynamic sam jackson is not showing the consistency that is necessary to claim the starting qb role, fernando mendoza has had a couple of bad practices in a row & ben finley is quietly emerging (particularly when playing with the 1st team o-line/wrs) as potentially the qb of the future

the good news is that the bears got an elite defense & that +1 athlete kaleb elarms-orr is gonna start next to all american candidate jackson sirmon with the best d backs in the pac 12 behind them & an improved d-line tho brett johnson not practicing today (practicing on the sidelines with a new larger knee brace) is cause for concern with north texas in the not so distance future

seasons in the sun (and the looming sunset with knowlton not doing ****)#
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

listen to an obviously agitated coach wilcox, this is most angry he's ever sounded during fall camp during his 7 years in berkeley...the almost bitterness in his voice is palpable

not gonna sugarcoat it, cal's monster offensive line got their azzs handed to them today allowing blitzing sacks & qb pressures causing plays to go out of sequence into chaos

complicating matters is that the dynamic sam jackson is not showing the consistency that is necessary to claim the starting qb role, fernando mendoza has had a couple of bad practices in a row & ben finley is quietly emerging (particularly when playing with the 1st team o-line/wrs) as potentially the qb of the future

the good news is that the bears got an elite defense & that +1 athlete kaleb elarms-orr is gonna start next to all american candidate jackson sirmon with the best d backs in the pac 12 behind them & an improved d-line tho brett johnson not practicing today (practicing on the sidelines with a new larger knee brace) is cause for concern with north texas in the not so distance future

I went to the Tues scrimmage and Finley did not look good, very careless with the football. I don't trust him.

Jackson was hesitant, I thought Nando looked pretty god though.
Econ141
SBGold said:

Shocky1 said:

I went to the Tues scrimmage and Finley did not look good, very careless with the football. I don't trust him.

Jackson was hesitant, I thought Nando looked pretty god though.

Well this is all encouraging. The one thing we absolutely can't afford at this moment is another below average season.
Shocky1
goldy, value/appreciate ur 1st hand report re: qb play, this weekend's scrimmage will hopefully clarify that room's depth chart moving forward to ensure that a leader gets enough 1st string reps moving forward as we get close to north texas prep
Goobear
Competition all over. I think this is a process and the best will rise to the top for those who can deal with it.
Shocky1
goo, wut's ur take on cal's monster offensive line?
Goobear
I am sure they got to hear about their performance if is was a sub par as you said it was. Bloesch knows his stuff and there is way more talent there now. Coach is looking for the best 5 guys as a unit. Days like this will only help as it underscores no off days.
Strykur
Got 3 weeks to figure things out and the defense is always ahead of the offense.
Shocky1
strykur, my take is that the 2023 bears elite defense is always gonna be ahead of the offense, the hope is that a more wide open (less predictable) & explosive offense under spav will score 30+ points per game for a 8+ victory regular season & a major bowl bid invitation

goldy's practice report re: tuesday's practice is insightful because ben finley actually started & passed for 269 yards (along with 2 interceptions) bowl game last season for north carolina state, his older bro ryan wuz a nfl quarterback for multiple seasons & this morning he outplayed sam & nando
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

acc presidents voting re: cal/stanford: 12 out of 15 yes votes needed for invitations (destiny is calling me)

firmly yes:
boston college
duke
georgia tech
louisville
miami
notre dame
pittsburgh
syracuse
wake forest

firmly no:
clemson
florida state
north carolina

swing votes (at least 1 voted against cal/stanford invitations):
north carolina state
virginia
virginia tech

https://instagr.am/p/Cp80TJXPAXc
don't be a dumb azz (victoria a full scholly berkeley grad, berkeley is a dream school)#v
Posted on 23 hrs, V I P, User Since 123 months ago, User Post Count: 6425
  • 23 hrsVIP
  • 123 months
This is what I got:

- We are gone. The decision has been made. We are leaving the ACC.
- The GOR will not keep us in the ACC.
- We have not been offered a spot by the B1G or the SEC as of yet.
- The B1G has not decided to expand South...yet.
- The SEC has not decided to expand further...yet.
- We appear to prefer a move to the B1G (as of now). At least the majority within Clemson do.
- If The B1G does extend a formal offer, the SEC would have to move very fast on an offer or we will move to the B1G.
- We are looking at this as there is greater upside to a move to the B1G; and greater downside to a move to the SEC.
- We also feel that our move to the SEC would have less positive impact on the SEC than the negative impact if they lose us to the B1G.

That's it for now. I can tell you this is from very high places. So to sum up: We are definitely moving; the GOR will not stop us; the B1G holds the cards: we prefer the B1G (as of now); but the SEC is not out of the equation; no offers have been extended.

clemson rivals mod believes the tigers will be challenging the gor & leaving the acc

if that happens then north carolina is also expected to leave the acc as both schools are 100% assured of invitations to both p2 conferences (the sec & big 10)

under this scenario with 2 of the no votes exiting the conference, calford would have the 75% of acc prezs yes votes to receive invitations to the acc

go tigers (out of the acc & take ur no vote with u)#
KenBurnski
Well, Homer, I guess you're the winner by default.

"De fault"! Whoo-hoo! The two sweetest words in the English language.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B3s7jmFna6h
burnski, 100%, as a 1st generation college graduate from an immigrant family, victoria embodies the mission of the #1 ranked public university in the world of supporting social engineering/the worldwide economic redistribution of wealth not thru handouts but rather via the generation of wealth thru academic achievement & the unlimited doors it opens

if homer gets an invitation to the acc via a reconstructed voting membership, let's act now

https://instagr.am/p/CvvA4u8tvI3
shut up, shocky (this is serious ****)#
Shocky1

wut's ur social contract (for making the world a slightly better place)?#
UrsineMaximus
Shocky1 said:

strykur, my take is that the 2023 bears elite defense is always gonna be ahead of the offense, the hope is that a more wide open (less predictable) & explosive offense under spav will score 30+ points per game for a 8+ victory regular season & a major bowl bid invitation

goldy's practice report re: tuesday's practice is insightful because ben finley actually started & passed for 269 yards (along with 2 interceptions) bowl game last season for north carolina state, his older bro ryan wuz a nfl quarterback for multiple seasons & this morning he outplayed sam & nando
the several practices I've gone to, Finley and Nando looked better than Jackson. Even Luke threw the ball better and on time. Cal QBs have a tendency to throw the ball well after the WR has already done his break, as opposed to the QB leading the pass into the WRs break. To my eye, Luke was the best at this followed by Nando. Would not surprise me to see Finley #1 and Nando #2 at the break of camp.
6956bear
JTfromClash said:

How do we make that one school flip?

Va Tech
Well the VaTech President is Timothy Sands. He has 3 degrees(BS, MS PhD) from Cal. Is a former professor at Cal as well. He could be the vote that stands in the way. He is supposedly dead set against Cal entering the ACC. Just how precious is that. One of our own standing in the way. Makes perfect sense actually. He knows.
CAL4LIFE
6956bear said:

JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
Well the VaTech President is Timothy Sands. He has 3 degrees(BS, MS PhD) from Cal. Is a former professor at Cal as well. He could be the vote that stands in the way. He is supposedly dead set against Cal entering the ACC. Just how precious is that. One of our own standing in the way. Makes perfect sense actually. He knows.
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

acc presidents voting re: cal/stanford: 12 out of 15 yes votes needed for invitations (destiny is calling me)

firmly yes:
boston college
duke
georgia tech
louisville
miami
notre dame
pittsburgh
syracuse
wake forest

firmly no:
clemson
florida state
north carolina

north carolina state
virginia
virginia tech

don't be a dumb azz (victoria a full scholly berkeley grad, berkeley is a dream school)#v
  • 23 hrsVIP
  • 123 months
This is what I got:

- We appear to prefer a move to the B1G (as of now). At least the majority within Clemson do.
- If The B1G does extend a formal offer, the SEC would have to move very fast on an offer or we will move to the B1G.
- We are looking at this as there is greater upside to a move to the B1G; and greater downside to a move to the SEC.
- We also feel that our move to the SEC would have less positive impact on the SEC than the negative impact if they lose us to the B1G.

That's it for now. I can tell you this is from very high places. So to sum up: We are definitely moving; the GOR will not stop us; the B1G holds the cards: we prefer the B1G (as of now); but the SEC is not out of the equation; no offers have been extended.

clemson rivals mod believes the tigers will be challenging the gor & leaving the acc

if that happens then north carolina is also expected to leave the acc as both schools are 100% assured of invitations to both p2 conferences (the sec & big 10)

under this scenario with 2 of the no votes exiting the conference, calford would have the 75% of acc prezs yes votes to receive invitations to the acc

If Clemson, UNC, and Miami leave and we join, is the ACC still a P5 conference?
juarezbear
juarezbear said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

firmly yes:
boston college
duke
georgia tech
louisville
miami
notre dame
pittsburgh
syracuse
wake forest

firmly no:
clemson
florida state
north carolina

north carolina state
virginia
virginia tech

• 23 hrsVIP
  • 123 months
This is what I got:

If Clemson, UNC, and Miami leave and we join, is the ACC still a P5 conference?

And FSU…
philbert
6956bear said:

JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
His graduate advisers must have been A-holes.
Shocky1
philbert, it's not clear how prez sands at virginia tech is voting, jason scheer is reporting that he's a yes & vt's whale donor is saying he wuz tole no
Shocky1
hollywood, it's not 100% clear that miami got p2 invitations like clemson & north carolina

even with a couple of potential defections acc is still the 3rd best football conference & the best fit for cal with the academic stature of the conference membership
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

hollywood, it's not 100% clear that miami got p2 invitations like clemson & north carolina

even with a couple of potential defections acc is still the 3rd best football conference & the best fit for cal with the academic stature of the conference membership

Makes sense. We just need one or two of the current schools to flip. Would be interesting to see if they could rebuild the Pac should things go south. Wonder if there's any way at all to preserve the PF designation should it be rebuilt. The system isn't unfair and we benefited from that before, but now it really sucks azz.
Big C
philbert said:

6956bear said:

JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
His graduate advisers must have been A-holes.

My bad. Some of my brothers at the fraternity had warned me to lighten up with the paddle that year he was a pledge, but because times were different back then, I told them eff off, it builds character.
Shocky1

cal's monster class fall camp update: practice #8

#5 sam jackson with a consistently strong performance today moving ahead of nando & ben...walk on jack endries from danville is the frontrunner for the starting tight end job...of the true freshmen on defensive apex predator edge defending linebacker ryan mcculloch from rio hondo is the standout...all american running back jaydn ott got the day off

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

firmly yes:
boston college
duke
georgia tech
louisville
miami
notre dame
pittsburgh
syracuse
wake forest

firmly no:
clemson
florida state
north carolina

north carolina state
virginia
virginia tech

• 23 hrsVIP
  • 123 months
This is what I got:

espn is now reporting the 4 no votes are:
clemson
florida state
north carolina
north carolina state

2 of the swing schools are now yes votes:
virginia
virginia tech (thx u berkeley grad/prez tim sands)

there is a possibility that florida state in addition to clemson (as reported above) may attempt to leave the acc by next tuesday which is the conference deadline for giving notice of departing for the 2024 season, if either school gives notice then calford would have the 75% of acc prezs yes votes to receive invitations to the acc
Shocky1
^ espn is also playing a key role in the acc prez voting, north carolina and/or north carolina state might potentially flip to yes votes if the financially beleaguered cable provider will provide enough significant additive dollars for calford

otherwise with fox taking the pac 12's 4 west coast schools to the big 10, espn will be shut out of the saturday late nite viewing spot with fun marquee games like miami at cal

https://instagr.am/p/CtuR35zgrSW
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line update: practice #8

coach spav (who is refreshingly not guarded in his offensive players specific player evaluations unlike knowlton's "genius" billy m) making 3 major points re: the o-line:

1) the incoming unicorns matthew wykoff & barrett miller are right now running with the 2s but making major pushes to win the starting battles vs brayden rohme & brian driscoll in fierce trench warefare competitions...it's pretty obvious that cindo, sioape & tj have locked down starting jobs in coach's bloesch's coached up (vs the angus fiasco of lousy as **** player development) room that will lean heavily on a starting 5

2) spav confirms wut the monster has already tole u multiple times, the staff is favoring a nfl style 8 player rotation...as noted in the above bullet point, there are 7 "starters" already penciled in which means the 8th & final spot is still undetermined...trent ramsey is specifically noted as a young player making significant strides forward in this 8th slot competition (ender aguilar is squarely in this battle with bastian swinney behind that duo)

3) sunday's scrimmage is gonna be gameday simulated with refs, clocks, markers, coaches in the press box, etc ("live" qbs is being considered, that means they can be tackled) & that's gonna go a long way in the roster's 2023 evaluations by the staff as the north texas game prep is gonna start heating up in the near future...the qb battle is now 3, luke is out

it's very interesting pathology to the monster how there are almost 50 threads on growls & zero of them actually discuss bears players & the 2023 season outside of here (that's also an indictment of the biz model of the bearinsider.com which non inclusively sells information, assisting with recruiting & developing new fans is not part of that myopic vision)...with the predictable mostly uniformed (trumpanzee takes stooopid to a whole another level, the unreadable cal strong is on ignore, nike kid is a troll & red hate probably needs therapy) takes by the conference alignment speculators, some of you should honestly ask urself do u actually care about california golden bear football or wut???

r u actually gonna experience (perhaps for the final time?) the magic of cal football at memorial stadium with the tightwad hill cannon signaling touchdowns this fall?...or r u just gonna continue to to be a lazy as **** kinda confused sofa king?

don't be a dumb azz (stinson beach is the move)#
89Bear
I know it's risky but I like the idea of the QB's going live. Let's see what everyone's got!!!
Shocky1
100% 89, football is a violent sport & taking hits/dealing with that pressure is a ****ton different deal in evaluating sam, nando & ben
Shocky1

sunday scrimmage special teams: will be very revealing the massive upside of kicker michael luckhurst, the positive fall camp of tulsa transfer punter lachlan wilson & the nation's 2023 class #1 ranked long snapper 4.0 gpa david bird

which current california golden bear got the greatest probability of a 10+ year nfl career?

answer: david bird

don't tell nobody but the bird is actually the musically untalented nephew of gene simmons of kiss but without all the ******* facepaint & ****

https://instagr.am/p/CdYzaQ4po5P
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

wut's ur social contract (for making the world a slightly better place)?#
Shocky1

acc deadline: next tuesday is the contractual deadline to withdraw from the acc for the 2024 season, will clemson, north carolina or florida state write the legal entanglement letter?

wut's not clear is what's the agenda for the current no vote by north carolina state, unlike the other 3 no votes they are not being targeted by the p2 (sec & big 10) for an invitation

seasons in the sun (skinned our hearts & skinned our knees)#
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.