cal's monster offensive line

1,511,852 Views | 9898 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearborn, he rents in layayette...his full time residence is colorado springs

the monster knows ur connected, check with staff within the athletic department, they will confirm he is an absentee bureaucrat

did u know that knowlton hates commie berkeley & that his oldest son (the entire family is in the knowlton house flipping biz in colorado which is funded by the cal salary) has made remarkably racist comments on facebook comparing michelle obama to the predator?

did u know that knowlton had never been to california before the cal interview?

do ur homework, doc
Shocky1

ross is basically repeating everything that the monster tole u last nite

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CjwlDzrLE_H
calalumnus aka the island bum, the big west (which includes uc santa barbara) will not accept cal/stanford without men's basketball...the wcc got the welcome mat out for them high gpa intellectuals from the bay area

and trust me, shocky loves them early morning walking round at the valley club of montecito followed by sourdough crab sandwiches at the casual brophys on the water afterwards

me & slim wadie (creighton grad, honorary cal bear, will roadtrip with me to texas for the season opener in 2 weeks, we got several tee times at the new gil hanse pga course in plano) once played the valley club as the guest of the head pro...he name drops the whole round about playing with tiger woods, pete carroll, etc. (we could care a less, we're more focused on the tom doak restoration work of the alistair mackenzie masterpiece, the bunkering is absolutely spectacular)

on the final hole a long par 4 that gently works uphill back to the majestic clubhouse mr club pro guy's 2nd shot is in an awkward lie on a downslope in the bunker guarding the front of the green...mr cpg then blades his sand shot OVER the clubhouse towards the maserati's etc in the parking lot, me & slim wadie r stunned but we don't say **** cuz we're good guests...mr head pro doesn't hit another shot, just picks up his golf bad & quickly says goodbye to us as tho nothing weird has just happened & heads into the pro shop...slim wadie & me putt out by ourselves & then get to our rental car and literally laugh for around 5 minutes...life is a ******* adventure

go gauchos (clothes r for losers in isla vista)#
BearBorn11
Shocky1 said:

bearborn, he rents in layayette...his full time residence is colorado springs

the monster knows ur connected, check with staff within the athletic department, they will confirm he is an absentee bureaucrat

did u know that knowlton hates commie berkeley & that his oldest son (the entire family is in the knowlton house flipping biz in colorado which is funded by the cal salary) has made remarkably racist comments on facebook comparing michelle obama to the predator?

did u know that knowlton had never been to california before the cal interview?

do ur homework, doc
Wilcox lives in Coeur D'Alene and rents in the Bay. I don't really care if Knowlton rents.

I'm not defending Knowlton. He should be fired. He's a horrible AD.
Shocky1
100% bearborn, where one lives should be irrelevant but when a department's highest paid employee is an absentee bureaucrat (which affects morale) & literally the worst least qualified athletic director in the United states of america (and its territories including ibiza) then the fact that knowlton spends almost half a year in colorado springs is kinda important
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CXhRgBvuFhk
cal's monster offensive line update: practice #6

not that the conference alignment speculator fans care about football or something but right now there's a highly competitive battle being played out at memorial stadium during the 2023 fall camp for the 8th and probably last slot in the active playing rotation (other than injuries which are realistically inevitable)

as mentioned several times coach bloesch is gonna lean heavily on a starting 5 & work with a nfl depth model that gameweek reps 7-8 in the playing rotation

right now the bears got the 2022 season starting 5 returning plus we've added the 2 UNICORNS in matthew wykoff & barrett miller which means for the 1st time during the wilcox era the bears got 7 calibre starting o-linemen

the battle for that critical 8th spot is going on between trent "4 fingers" ramsey & ender "sneaky strong" aguilar with a finally healthy bastian "interlachen" swinney on their heels

yeah coach toler gotta excitement about the wide receiver room depth after his probable starting lineup of room leader jeremiah hunter, mavin anderson & taj davis (the monster pick for a breakout wr is mason mangum who got as much speed as any wideout in the pac 12) but the real story this fall camp is that for the 1st time in the wilcox era the bears got a cal monster offensive line...notice how burl talks about individual players in his room unlike the generic cliche **** that wuz spewed forth by knowlton's "genius" billy m

look, not everybody can make it to denton like zony bear & shocky but there's really zero excuses not to be at memorial stadium on saturday evening at 7:30 pm on september 9th for the epic showdown vs auburn...the stadium is gonna be lit, do u got ur tix(s)?

let's ******* go#
sycasey
Shocky1 said:

ross is basically repeating everything that the monster tole u last nite

I was skeptical, but if ESPN is kicking in to cover the additional costs then an offer seems plausible. Wild stuff.
Shocky1
Shocky1

the cal/stanford invitations to the acc are being held hostage by the schools seeking to break the gor who got their own agendas right now that got nothing to do with left coast schools...only 1 prez needs to flip their vote

politics r messy#

BearSD
So we wait and see if they're going to shoot the hostages (Cal and Stanford) in the head?
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

Notre Dame is a great ally.

If we cannot get the votes needed to become members, play as the PAC-4 in 2024 in a scheduling alliance with Notre Dame and the ACC (as Notre Dame currently has with the ACC). The vote on scheduling probably only requires a majority. Get ESPN to offer the same deal or bring in Apple. Hope our champion is in the top 6 rated conference champs so we get CFP money to split 4 ways. Then try for B1G and ACC admission a year later and if denied, add two schools and compete in 2026 and beyond as the 6-Pac, until we finally get in.
berserkeley
calumnus said:

Shocky1 said:

Notre Dame is a great ally.

If we cannot get the votes needed to become members, play as the PAC-4 in 2024 in a scheduling alliance with Notre Dame and the ACC (as Notre Dame currently has with the ACC). The vote on scheduling probably only requires a majority. Get ESPN to offer the same deal or bring in Apple. Hope our champion is in the top 6 rated conference champs so we get CFP money to split 4 ways. Then try for B1G and ACC admission a year later and if denied, add two schools and compete in 2026 and beyond as the 6-Pac, until we finally get in.

Notre Dame is only an ally in so far as they want us to help keep the ACC intact and to help their annual rivalry with Stanford a respectable game. They may not be allies if we go Pac-4/independent.
Shocky1

the bears gotta flip one voter to get the acc/wcc deal done, we can all see the finish line

almost all respected athletic directors got trusted relationships with other athletic directors and sometimes even presidents that they can call in favors in return for something in return down the road...but knowlton despite being one of the highest paid athletic directors in the nation at $1,300,000+ is not known outside of the air force & those who play senior league hockey in colorado springs so there's no one he can call to get anything done

reality is that we're gonna need stanford to get that final vote flipped for us...someone like the remarkable (she's a member at both cypress point & augusta national) condoleezza rice (who is actively involved in stanford athletics) is gonna be the dealmaker if the acc invitations come to fruition

as a footnote, shocky (went to stanford summer school between my jr & sr years at stinson beach high school, my berkeley grad tiger moms let me make my own decision re college) is a fan of stanford & its high academic standards in the same respectful way as the ivy league schools (my asu grad daughter taylor tells me that almost half of her 1st dates in nyc are subtle flexs at the harvard club)...it's a kinda dumb azz move to say you "hate red" in my humble opinion
Shocky1
calalumnus & beszerkley, notre dame is more of an ally of stanford than cal

california golden bear carpetbaggers#
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

the bears gotta flip one voter to get the acc/wcc deal done, we can all see the finish line

almost all respected athletic directors got trusted relationships with other athletic directors and sometimes even presidents that they can call in favors in return for something in return down the road...but knowlton despite being one of the highest paid athletic directors in the nation at $1,300,000+ is not known outside of the air force & those who play senior league hockey in colorado springs so there's no one he can call to get anything done

reality is that we're gonna need stanford to get that final vote flipped for us...someone like the remarkable (she's a member at both cypress point & augusta national) condoleezza rice (who is actively involved in stanford athletics) is gonna be the dealmaker if the acc invitations come to fruition

as a footnote, shocky (went to stanford summer school between my jr & sr years at stinson beach high school, my berkeley grad tiger moms let me make my own decision re college) is a fan of stanford & its high academic standards in the same respectful way as the ivy league schools (my asu grad daughter taylor tells me that almost half of her 1st dates in nyc are subtle flexs at the harvard club)...it's a kinda dumb azz move to say you "hate red" in my humble opinion

Honestly - Whatever gets us to the finish line. I'd like to think that our Chancellor would have some ACC relationships but I guess not. Scary thing is I don't think the B1G is remotely possible.
sycasey
juarezbear said:

Shocky1 said:

Honestly - Whatever gets us to the finish line. I'd like to think that our Chancellor would have some ACC relationships but I guess not. Scary thing is I don't think the B1G is remotely possible.

In Mandel's article posted over here he says that he doesn't think it's over for Cal and Stanford getting into the B1G, so I wouldn't rule it out.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/115793/replies/2201078

It seems like the most natural fit for both parties, but of course it depends on the money and if anyone wants to move.
Shocky1
juarez, correct, neither knowlton nor chancellor christ got the acc relationships to get this done

down (or up) on the farm#

Shocky1

with only 2 road games of california during the pre season the bears will be limiting time away from the classrooms & both of these challenging road games with butler & ole miss are on saturdays...yeah when putting together the schedule coach madsen values academic achievement/earning degrees

the university of california, berkeley-#1 ranked public university in the world
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
sonofabear51
Is it Mack Brown causing this? Or who?
Start Slowly and taper off
Shocky1
51, this got nothing to do with pain in the azz mack brown, this is an internal acc political posturing battle re: the gor & those seeking greater profit-sharing revenues voting obstinately against anything that weakens their argument (adding cal & stanford would make it easier for the acc to absorb any defectors in the future)

one ******* vote#
sonofabear51
So V-Tech or UNC or other?
SBGold
sonofabear51 said:

So V-Tech or UNC or other?
My guess is Clemson or more likely FSU
sonofabear51
OK, could be. INHO, both think they are worth more than they really are. Clemson I get, but FSU has underperformed for many years. Not impressed, although, I am sure there is something that we all are not aware of that is prompting this decision.
BarcaBear
Shocky1 said:

you know...Cal & Stanford, and SMU joining the ACC would make sense academically in ways that never made sense with Arizona, Arizon St., Utah, Colorado, Washington St. Oregon St., and Oregon are outside the top 1. Even uDub was outside the top 50, .

Duke, UNC, Boston College, Wake Forest, Virginia, Georgia Tech, are top 50 schools, and even Florida State and Miami at 55 are ranked higher than uDub. All of them are ranked higher than 8 of the Pac-12 schools. & Notre Dame is top 20, as well. I think almost the entirety of the ACC was in the top 100, Syracuse, Pittsburg, VaTech, Clemson. I think Louisville was the only one outside of the top 100.

as a nerd, I like it. I would enjoy away games at these schools in ways I would never enjoy in the midwest because the midwest is boring.
Shocky1
barca, the monster don't say this often (except at modern yoga) but i agree with everything u just said...cal wuz never gonna join a truck stop conference like the big 12, maybe that's gonna be a mistake in the future but it wuz never gonna happen with chancellor christ

would only add that the acc's east coast golf courses on gamedays r significantly better than those in the boring azz midwest with the primary exception of the wonderful chicago golf club in wheaton not to further afar from northwestern in evansville

look, if ur a curvy brunette yoga female that likes to travel a lot & thinks clothes r for losers, please send me a pm, ok?

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Big C
Shocky1 said:

I hate Stanford! But most of it's about making the rivalry more fun. Nothing personal, you private-school Furdies...
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

51, this got nothing to do with pain in the azz mack brown, this is an internal acc political posturing battle re: the gor & those seeking greater profit-sharing revenues voting obstinately against anything that weakens their argument (adding cal & stanford would make it easier for the acc to absorb any defectors in the future)

one ******* vote#
Agree. This is not about Cal and Stanford per se it is about money and the ability to withstand some losses. Which is why I find it odd that VaTech and NC State are rumored to be against the adding of Cal and Stanford. Neither are being added to either the B1G or SEC anytime soon. And both would get a small (around $4M) increase if they accept both Cal and Stanford along with SMU.

Shocky1

acc presidents voting re: cal/stanford: 12 out of 15 yes votes needed for invitations (destiny is calling me)

firmly yes:
boston college
duke
georgia tech
louisville
miami
notre dame
pittsburgh
syracuse
wake forest

firmly no:
clemson
florida state
north carolina

swing votes (at least 1 voted against cal/stanford invitations):
north carolina state
virginia
virginia tech

https://instagr.am/p/Cp80TJXPAXc
don't be a dumb azz (victoria a full scholly berkeley grad, berkeley is a dream school)#
Shocky1
JTfromClash
How do we make that one school flip?

Va Tech
bearsandgiants
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

I hate Stanford! But most of it's about making the rivalry more fun. Nothing personal, you private-school Furdies...

Nothing beats swing the sticks with a war criminal.
Shocky1
JTfromClash said:

Va Tech

jt, we need all 3 swing schools including va tech as a block to vote yes

right now there's one no vote among the swingers & that's gonna bury us

the kill (and stay out of room 6277)#
DoubtfulBear
JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
Can't believe VT doesn't have our back when we gave up College Gameday for them. It shows that no good deed goes unpunished
6956bear
DoubtfulBear said:

JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
Can't believe VT doesn't have our back when we gave up College Gameday for them. It shows that no good deed goes unpunished
This is all about money and power. Cal brings no money therefore they have no power.
DoubtfulBear
6956bear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

JTfromClash said:

Va Tech
This is all about money and power. Cal brings no money therefore they have no power.
I agree with you. I'm saying this should be a wake up call that college athletics is not about honor or moral high ground. Only the rules of the jungle apply
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.