cal's monster offensive line

1,516,990 Views | 9913 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Shocky1
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

fellow haas biz ad major colin morikawa doing the math calculations/projections with the pga tour staff to ascertain wut it's gone take to win the fed ex championship, he's not a dumb azz like the con artist...colin shoots a 68 this afternoon to finish tied for 13th, he needs another strong tournament next week in chicago to punch his tix to the finals in atlanta while simultaneously solidifying his season long goal of making the usa team for the late september ryder cup matches in italy

confirmed ryder cup usa team member got 2 double bogeys late in the final round on the 12th & 14th holes (2 pars would've put him in the playoff with glover & cantlay) but max homa still shot a 70 & finished tied for 6th at 11 under par...yeah max, lacey saw taylor swift last week in la & homa pretended he knew the swifty songs or something, here's the songlist

byeong hun an with a up & down 72 & is now 38th in the fed ex standings, he needs a strong bmw championship to move into the top 30 in order to move into the finals in atlanta...congrats to ben for finishing in the pga's tour top 50 which guarantees him spots in the 8 signature tournaments in 2024

Don't do calculations, Colin. These guys are in a different league than me but my best round ever, 5 under after 12, was ruined by looking at the card and seeing there were two par 5s on the closing 6 holes. With visions of low 60s dancing in my head I finished 3 over for a 70 and stormed off the course. I could count on one hand how many tournament under par rounds I had but I was crushed. Stick with your routine and don't complicate, something I always did, over think. I'm sure Colin already knows this and will do fine. Love his game.
OdontoBear66
Shocky1 said:

fellow haas biz ad major colin morikawa doing the math calculations/projections with the pga tour staff to ascertain wut it's gone take to win the fed ex championship, he's not a dumb azz like the con artist...colin shoots a 68 this afternoon to finish tied for 13th, he needs another strong tournament next week in chicago to punch his tix to the finals in atlanta while simultaneously solidifying his season long goal of making the usa team for the late september ryder cup matches in italy

confirmed ryder cup usa team member got 2 double bogeys late in the final round on the 12th & 14th holes (2 pars would've put him in the playoff with glover & cantlay) but max homa still shot a 70 & finished tied for 6th at 11 under par...yeah max, lacey saw taylor swift last week in la & homa pretended he knew the swifty songs or something, here's the songlist

byeong hun an with a up & down 72 & is now 38th in the fed ex standings, he needs a strong bmw championship to move into the top 30 in order to move into the finals in atlanta...congrats to ben for finishing in the pga's tour top 50 which guarantees him spots in the 8 signature tournaments in 2024

I marvel at what Collin must be doing at an early age by setting things aside and letting it compound. He's got a near automatic future combining winnings plus Haas education. Now back to golf......
Shocky1

let's ******* go (daws in the haas)#
Shocky1
82gradDLSdad said:

Shocky1 said:

yeah, gotta luv a +1 athlete with quick twitch movements...and the doggy is pretty agile too

shoes r for losers#

Nice. Wonder what the dog got on his/her SAT?
she got a 3.92 gpa (converted on a mutt doggy scale), not a dumb azz (better to have a tight azz)

drag racing thru the canyon is kinda dangerous (little kids can get hurt so close my eyes from further afar breathing in & out)#
Shocky1
the "acc or not" thread gotta lotta inaccurate info, there's not been a formal vote of the prezs yet, that will only happen if at some point in the future there is a likelihood of 75% approval & therefore acc invitations to calford...the monster's reporting of yes & no votes wuz based on the acc prez zoom call leanings, not an actual vote, got it?

there is no definitive timeline when this might occur

in these potentially existential times for collegiate programs, there is no scenario where there's ever gonna be $34,000,000 to pay the necessary mountain west conference exit fee for fresno state

lastly it is not the responsibility of carol christ or gavin newsome to land cal in a conference, it is 100% the responsibility of james arthur knowlton who is an absentee bureaucrat living in colorado spring while collecting paychecks & playing senior league all star hockey

but that's never gonna be openly discussed at this site because there are spineless bears fans that bleed blue & gold but r afraid of losing their floor seats or "friendship" with the con artist...so rome's front street is gonna burn to the ground & this site is gonna be a graveyard

the conference alignment speculators seem kinda like depresso people who can't fathom their world ever changing & oddly enuf probably can't even tell u the 2 deep for cal's monster offensive line

my hope is that cal joins the big cities conference!
eastcoastcal
anyone know how our OL is doing, weight-wise? have we got our boys eating right and at the necessary size to impose their will
GCGBear
I have been to 4 practices. LT is still an issue especially against speed rushers (OLB, DB). It looks like we have a lot of G and C that can impose their will. 2s looked very good against 2s on D. Sessions looks much improved.

Yesterday's scrimmage I saw more mixing and matching of 1 and 2s than previous practices. Miller and Wychoff got time with 1s, Driscoll slid to C with 2s.

My impression from the scrimmage was that I would like more consistency in the run game but then I would be complaining about the DL. Speaking of which, without BJ playing Nate Burrel and Ricky Correia looked good and have transformed their bodies.

I thought QBs looked exactly how Wilcox described them in the post scrimmage. Jackson electrifying overall but very inconsistent in the passing game, Finley steady most calm in pocket and can run some, Nando rough start but finished strong. On Saturday, Finley had a rough day so who knows how they pick a starter if they had to ick one tomorrow.
Shocky1
eastcoastcal said:

anyone know how our OL is doing, weight-wise? have we got our boys eating right and at the necessary size to impose their will
coastie, sioape has 100% trimmed down since last season when he took plays off cuz of his excess weight...brayden is still undersized at 295 lbs, hopefully he can maintain that level during the long arduous season...the biggest mover in gaining muscle is 6'8" greyshirt eric morrow from flagstaff high school who looked to be around 250+ lbs when i saw him play at thunderbird high school, now he's listed at 300 lbs & still looks lean...eric got more footspeed than anybody in the o-line room
Shocky1
good stuff cgc with ur 1st hand reports, 100% agreed that tackle play will be a key factor in the 2023 season, our interior line play will be a strength for cal's monster offensive line

also good to hear that nate & ricky look athletic hopefully stanley is working to return to gameday shape too

if spav asked u to name a qb depth chart for a game tomorrow, wut's ur picks?

also in those 4 practices did u see future nfl kicker michael luckhurst kick at memorial stadium (sometimes special teams practices next door on the field hockey turf)
Shocky1
meta bear+alcohol=zero credible info

jacob lee=fun but zero informed sources (except the monster)

wet beef=funny as **** & probably a shocky burner account

big cities conference!#
Shocky1

2023 us amateur update:

cal's sampson zheng is the 1st round leader with a 6 under par 66 (which included a missed 8 foot birdie putt on the par 4 18th hole) at coore & crenshaw's colorado golf club in parker (which is more scoring friendly than the other qualifying/match play site cherry hills)

sampson with a remarkable bogey free effort with birdies on 3 of the par 5s & also a bird on my favorite hole on the course the short 311 yards uphill par 4 8th hole...good luck to zheng when he tees it up at the william flynn designed (with major restoration work by tom doak) cherry hills

tony chen ran into the bogey train on the back nine at colorado golf en route to a 3 over par 75 & is tied for 124th & aaron du with a 5 over par 76 at the more difficult cherry hills & is tied for 181st in the 312 player field which will be narrowed to 64 players starting match play on wednesday

https://instagr.am/p/CvVQHgWJzM3
cal is a golf school (maybe oppenheimer should've blown up usc or something)#
Shocky1
oShocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Official announcement from the empty desk of the Athletic Director:

Greetings Cal Bears Fans!

As someone who lives almost half the year in Colorado Springs while building up my real estate empire here while commuting to the kinda Commie Bay Area, I share your deep disappointment with yesterday's news that was relayed to me today that Colorado is departing from the Pac 12.

No doubt it's going to be significantly more challenging for me to expense my trip homes for key Rocky Mountain Wednesday Night Senior League hockey matches on a go forward basis.

Our student athletes in all of our non revenue sports just set a world record for the most trash bags ever collected on Telegraph Avenue plus I've directed my CFO to borrow $11,000,000 to ensure my $1,300,000 annual salary checks are safeguarded from the likelihood of diminished future revenue flows.

Go Bears!!!

General James Arthur Knowlton

sit down & shut the **** up, shocky (stormin' the floor is against the rules)#

Shout out to all Cal Bears Fans!

Just a quick update, our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team defeated the Durango squad 5-4 in overtime last nite, now we're advancing to the next round of the playoffs with a huge upcoming rematch at Castle Rock.

Markeisha tells me everything is going good back at the office and that the next round of call back interviews with prospective candidates to add to our current understaffed Communications team of 11 professionals will take place Friday morning.

Go Bears!!!

Good morning from the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

Wow, couldn't be more excited to share with you that our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team is moving on in the playoffs with a big grudge match this Wednesday night at Vail.

Let's keep it positive here, huge props to my friend Greg Richardson for not only censoring/terminating Cal's Monster Class twice but also his recent article "Cal's Athletic Future" which did not blame me or hold me responsible for anything. Many thanks, amigo!

It's also great to hear that some influential donors think this confusing conference alignment stuff is 100% Chancellor Christ's problem to figure out, I could not agree more!

Go Bears!!!

P.S. When Shocky points out that my oldest son got a post on Facebook comparing Michelle Obama to the Predator that just shows he doesn't get our family's funny sense of humor and shared values.

GCGBear
Shock, Luckhurst and Lachlan will both be in the MFL. I didn't go to Maxwell so only stadium kicks. Luckhurst had one blocked due to a breakdown on the left amd missed a 52yd right hash kick slightly right, but it was around halfway up the upfight .

If I had to pick tomorrow....I would split time with Jackson and Nando.
Econ141
Thanks for the very little you do for us Jim.
AZ Bear
GCG, I've been waiting to hear that Wychoff and Barrett Miller are practicing with the 1's and I'm glad to hear it's begun.

Clearly I expect Wychoff to start somewhere (I still think OT might be where he ends up, but apparently Bloesch feels differently so far).

I'd be a little disappointed if Miller is not a starter this year, unless the reason is that someone else has clearly blossomed. That said, I suspect Miller may have some conditioning issues to surmount, based on both the eyeball test and on the fact that he has been rehabbing an injury.

Lastly, is anyone else surprised to hear that Miller is getting a look at tackle while Wychoff (based on what I've read) has played only guard so far?

Here are some reasons I'm surprised by Miller getting first look at tackle over Wychoff:

1) Barrett Miller was a 4 year starter/contributor at the P-12 level, primarily at guard.

2) Wychoff has more height, reach, and proto-typical tackle size.

3) We have struggled at OT the past couple seasons....why not try to shore up OT with our best offensive lineman?...by most assessments that I've seen our best lineman is Wychoff.

4) Both Miller and Wychoff have played more of their collegiate snaps on the interior line. I would assume anyone moving from the iOL to tackle would need to endure a period of time to get used to playing tackle before reaching their peak level, so if that's true why make that investment in a final-year player like Miller rather than in Wychoff, who has 3 years left for Cal to enjoy the fruits of that position switch?
Big C
AZ Bear said:

GCG, I've been waiting to hear that Wychoff and Barrett Miller are practicing with the 1's and I'm glad to hear it's begun.

Clearly I expect Wychoff to start somewhere (I still think OT might be where he ends up, but apparently Bloesch feels differently so far).

I'd be a little disappointed if Miller is not a starter this year, unless the reason is that someone else has clearly blossomed. That said, I suspect Miller may have some conditioning issues to surmount, based on both the eyeball test and on the fact that he has been rehabbing an injury.

Lastly, is anyone else surprised to hear that Miller is getting a look at tackle while Wychoff (based on what I've read) has played only guard so far?

Here are some reasons I'm surprised by Miller getting first look at tackle over Wychoff:

1) Barrett Miller was a 4 year starter/contributor at the P-12 level, primarily at guard.

2) Wychoff has more height, reach, and proto-typical tackle size.

3) We have struggled at OT the past couple seasons....why not try to shore up OT with our best offensive lineman?...by most assessments that I've seen our best lineman is Wychoff.

4) Both Miller and Wychoff have played more of their collegiate snaps on the interior line. I would assume anyone moving from the iOL to tackle would need to endure a period of time to get used to playing tackle before reaching their peak level, so if that's true why make that investment in a final-year player like Miller rather than in Wychoff, who has 3 years left for Cal to enjoy the fruits of that position switch?

Those are certainly legitimate questions to ask and to wonder about, but I think we need to keep in mind that the coaches see these guys work out and play almost every day and that they (the coaches) are also professionals who have a plan and know what they're doing. (Okay, last year's OL/OC coaches didn't, but these guys do, lol. )

I trust that Miller and Wykoff will be put into situations where they can best succeed and best help the team win.
Shocky1
gcg, heard lachlan wilson had a stronger leg than jamieson sheahan but it's great news to hear u think he got nfl upside

michael luckhurst will be a weapon on field goals instead of a constant liability like the average at best last line drive trajectory kicker

longsnapper david bird is the player most likely on the 2023 roster to have a 10+ nfl career...the bird (who wuz a silent commit last season) trained under the longsnapping whisperer ben bernard who previously developed rios, sellers & nfl standout nick sundberg & already got borderline nfl longsnapping metrics as a true freshman
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B81iuTAg__8
can''t make this **** up dept: it's absolutely pathetic that june of 2024 retiring 78 year old chancellor christ (who got zero media executives, conference leadership & athletic directors as relationships) is being forced to write a dumb azz zero information letter to cal's stakeholders instead of the con artist

yeah jimmy & jenny r real busy these days & carol is left holding the poopy bag
Shocky1
zony, u make a lotta great points re: the o-line, it's starting to happen now for matthew wykoff & barrett miller, both unicorns gotta lotta upside

barrett ran with the 1s today at left tackle with brayden backing up at right tackle behind tj session

wykoff wuz moved today to right guard & is running with the 2s but competing with sioape vatikani for his job

congrats to walk on dashaun harris working his way up to the 2s at center

coach spav has indicated that driscoll graded out the highest among the trench workers during sunday's scrimmage, congrats to brian in moving his attitude from la jolla to national city

brian, my cal gf (later appeared bottomless in a hot tub in playboy's girls of the pac 10) wuz from national city (ironically now happily married in la jolla), r u using premium 91?

follow her on instagram (bikini bottoms/thongs r for losers, mutt doggys are always naked)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line fall camp practice #1 update:

1st day out depth chart (will change during fall camp):

left tackle: brayden rohme, everett johnson, barrett miller
left guard: brian driscoll, matthew wykoff, joshua stovall
center: matthew cindric, bastian swinney, dashaun harris
right guard: sioape vatikani, trent ramsey, dylan jemtegaard
right tackle: tj session, ender aguilar, martin tine

monster odds & ends: great news that bastian is healthy for fall camp & competing at center (at 6'6" that's a lotta flex to snap to a 5'11" qb)...legit 6'6" 310 lbs martin tine is in berkeley & not outta shape which historically is an issue for jc lineman making the transition, kudos to martin...barrett miller started primarily at guard for the cards, now competing at left tackle for the bears after recovering from a physical issue this summer...current starting 5 guys is the same 5 guys that started during spring ball (but without the salty as **** fries & tasty chocolate shakes)

1st day out in berkeley (on 10 paws we stood tall)#
cal's monster offensive line update: practice #5 depth chart

barrett miller & nick morrow moving up & everett johnson moving inside...once again, coach bloesch intends to lean heavily on a starting 5 with a nfl depth model of probably 7-8 trench workers in the rotation

left tackle: brayden rohme, barrett miller, nick morrow
left guard: brian driscoll, matthew wykoff, everett johnson
center: matthew cindric, bastian swinney, dashaun harris
right guard: sioape vatikani, trent ramsey, dylan jemtegaard
right tackle: tj session, ender aguilar, martin tine

ground the pound#
cal's monster offensive line update: practice #11 depth chart

best offensive consistency practice this fall with sam jackson pulling ahead in the qb battle & the reformatted offensive line still working to find the best starting 5 combination after coach bloesch's player evaluations from sunday's scrimmage:

left tackle: barrett miller, ender aguilar, joshua stovall
left guard: brian driscoll, bastian swinney, everett johnson
center: matthew cindric, dashaun harris, dylan jemtegaard
right guard: sioape vatikani, matthew wykoff, trent ramsey
right tackle: tj session, brayden rohme, martin tine
NVBear78
Shocky1 said:

gcg, heard lachlan wilson had a stronger leg than jamieson sheahan but it's great news to hear u think he got nfl upside

michael luckhurst will be a weapon on field goals instead of a constant liability like the average at best last line drive trajectory kicker

longsnapper david bird is the player most likely on the 2023 roster to have a 10+ nfl career...the bird (who wuz a silent commit last season) trained under the longsnapping whisperer ben bernard who previously developed rios, sellers & nfl standout nick sundberg & already got borderline nfl longsnapping metrics as a true freshman

Shock, hearing of inconsistent long snaps in fall practice so far?
BarcaBear
Shocky1 said:

hollywood, it's not 100% clear that miami got p2 invitations like clemson & north carolina

even with a couple of potential defections acc is still the 3rd best football conference & the best fit for cal with the academic stature of the conference membership
can someone explain why UNC gets guaranteed invite over NC State? NC State's media numbers are significantly higher. is UNC being preferred because what their basketball team brings to the B1G?

any chance that those school being taken improves chances for Calford at B1G? speculation is welcomed on this.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cv_PXu5Ngzk
2023 us amateur update:

congregations to sampson zheng on earning co medalist honors (3 way tie at 7 under par for 36 holes) after a 1 under par 70 at cherry hills

fellow bears tony chen (remarkable 3 under par 69 at colorado golf club) & aaron du (79 at cgc) earned invaluable experience competing on amateur golf's largest & most pressure packed stage, the 2023 california golden bears golf season season is shaping up to be an epic one for the ages starting with the 1st tournament next month at former us open site erin hills in wisconsin

sampson is 6' 210 lbs and wuz born in tianjin china, he attended high school at the first academy in orlando...zheng is kinda built like ben an and similarly got a beautiful technically proficient swing & a steady steely mindset

his 1st match in the field of 64 (originally 312 contestants) is today at 1:00 pm against asu's preston summerhays (from utah) who the monster has conversed with multiple times at silverleaf when he does the winter hang with family friend tony finau...i would luv to be in denver (and visit my daughter shay before she starts her fall studies at denver law) but already promised my daughter taylor that her favorite dad is gonna visit her in new york city for a long great gatsby weekend

is the next great cal golfer emerging before our eyes?

berkeley is a golf and yoga/meditation school (watching the video below gives me chills)#

https://instagr.am/p/Cv_Sa0zR2tI
the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including asia)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

sunday scrimmage special teams: will be very revealing the massive upside of kicker michael luckhurst, the positive fall camp of tulsa transfer punter lachlan wilson & the nation's 2023 class #1 ranked long snapper 4.0 gpa david bird

which current california golden bear got the greatest probability of a 10+ year nfl career?

answer: david bird

don't tell nobody but the bird is actually the musically untalented nephew of gene simmons of kiss but without all the ******* facepaint & ****

https://instagr.am/p/CdYzaQ4po5P

nv78, nope not hearing that at all re: the #1 ranked long snapper in the 2023 class who is a generational talent that wuz also recruited by ohio state & notre dame (they offered walk on deals that would convert to schollys)

wut ur hearing is probably biased reporting, when the monster did the one dollah 30 day trial on the premium site here he shared that the bird wuz a silent commit (which wuz confirmed to me by the staff)...this site's mods actually argued with me & said that wuzn't true and multiple "insiders" commented that longsnapping isn't that important anyways

the shockster wuz done with the premium site after his 30 days

cal's monster class includes future nfl long snapper david bird (the bird must fly)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B8sBLP5jC3L
cal's monster offensive line fall camp coach bloesch's king of the hill player evaluations:

highest scored trench worker at sunday's scrimmage: brian driscoll

3 highest scoring trench workers during fall camp: cindo, barrett miller & brian driscoll

pound for ground#

calumnus
BarcaBear said:

Shocky1 said:

hollywood, it's not 100% clear that miami got p2 invitations like clemson & north carolina

even with a couple of potential defections acc is still the 3rd best football conference & the best fit for cal with the academic stature of the conference membership
can someone explain why UNC gets guaranteed invite over NC State? NC State's media numbers are significantly higher. is UNC being preferred because what their basketball team brings to the B1G?

any chance that those school being taken improves chances for Calford at B1G? speculation is welcomed on this.

North Carolina is the flagship university of its state, like Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, now Oregon, Washington….. and California , which is why the B1G presidents want us.

We just Fox Sports to value us as much playing in the B1G as ESPN valued us in the ACC or will value us in the AAC.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

did you know that the #1 ranked player in the 2023 class eric lee from fullerton is gonna sign with coach walter this november?...yeah cal is a golf school that is gonna be competing for a national championship in the near future

the usa team was victorious last week at the president's cup in charlotte north carolina with key contributions by americans max homa & colin morikawa, the following is a loosely edited transcript of my conversations at around 6:30 pm in the locker room at quail hollow back in the day after my world rankings golf course evaluation which was arranged by fellow g2c2 (global golf centurion club, membership rules require the completion of at least 1 world top 100 golf magazine list, the shockster has played the last 17 world lists) member adam (who is a golf professional)

shocky: (standing at the sink trying to scrub the bunker sand outta his eyes from the 18th hole)

random dude: you ok?

shocky: your club's sand is terrific, same bright white silicone stuff as augusta, but it's a pain in the azz when it gets in your eyes, everything is kinda blurry or something

random dude: (who is tying a light blue tie with a glistening white starched shirt) sorry to hear that, are you the rater that's visiting today to see if we're a world top 100 golf course?...are we that good?

shocky: yeah, that's me, fun day today, your definitely a usa top 100 golf course...ima shocky (extending a fist bump)

random dude: nice to meet you, i'm roy...so how do you rate these world top 100 golf courses?...at my old job i used to get invited out to prairie dunes all the time

shocky: prairie dunes is an amazing links golfing experience, easily the best course in kansas and in my world top 25 rankings...hey, do you wanna join me and adam for a quick drink?

random dude: would love to talk about golf course architecture with you guys, that's my new hobby, but i got to go this work function at 7:00 pm

shocky: (thinking it's some boring azz corporate function with rubber chicken) can't you just show up late?

random dude: not really, i'm sort of the featured speaker

shocky: (feeling sorry for this guy) well, good luck then, at least you got to play golf this afternoon

random dude: yeah work is work, please tell adam to shoot me a text regarding when he can give me another lesson, thanks

adam: (as shocks walks over to him in the locker room) do you know who just insulted with your work thing stuff?

shocky: i dunno, somebody who wants a lesson with you?

adam: (shaking his head & laughing) guess what dumb azz, that's roy williams

shocky: (hustling back to the sink area) hey roy, didn't mean to hassle you

roy: (kinda laughing) that's ok, you would be a tenacious assistant coach with that attitude

shocky: well, now that you mention it, i'm the director of recruiting for the cal basketball program and the co author of cal's monster class with its several million views which is the most read thread in the history of college basketball...did you know we are currently in major battles with you for three mcdonald all americans?

roy: (with a kinda smirk and perhaps a glimpse of recognition) really, and what three prospects are you referring to?

shocky: ivan rabb, jaylen brown and caleb swanigan...i've branded these recruitments as cal's diamonds are forever class.. do you know anything about these guys or do you just delegate recruiting to your assistant coaches?

roy: (tight smile but perhaps with a bit of annoyance) do you got a minute or two?

shocky: sure

roy: ok, walk with me to valet then, i gotta speak across town in thirty minutes, this is just between us, ok?

and then as we walk thru the clubhouse to the valet area by the front door roy williams lectures me for 5 minutes non stop breaking down the skillsets of ivan rabb, jaylen brown and caleb swanigan

his detailed knowledge is mind boggling, he tells me that rabb (at that moment the #1 ranked player in the nation) is the most innate rebounder he's seen in years and very unselfish with the ball but that he's concerned about his unusual gait (note: ivan retired from the nba because of plantar fasciitis)...jaylen brown (ranked #5 in the class) is a future nba all star but will struggle in college with sharing the ball & 3 point shooting...caleb swanigan (ranked #12 in the class) could be a nba first rounder if he can successfully core out his body, his guardian roosevelt barnes is very involved in his recruitment (caleb, rip, was a cal silent commit but barnes refused to sign the letter of intent which resulted in him signing with purdue)

finally william's silver lexus suv shows up at the valet circle and roy looks me in the eyes & tells me with a little wink "nice meeting you, shocky, good luck in out recruiting me"

shocky is not a dumb azz, he knows what just happened...unlike the current cal basketball coach, roy williams is the featured speaker at dozens of fans/donor events throughout north carolina every year & its kinda hard to come up with fresh new intro speeches, he can't wait to get to his dinner in 30 minutes and tell everybody how he just met this crazy as **** berkeley guy who thinks they are going to out recruit the fabled north carolina program that's won multiple national championships, the crowd is gonna love it & howl with laughter

well guess what?...the shockster got commitment from all 3 of these mcdonald all americans & signed 2 of them

it's seem almost surreal that 6 years ago cal was near the pinnacle of college basketball in excitement & recruiting, what the **** happened?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked university in the world (including north carolina & more specifically chapel hill)
barca, north carolina will at some point leave the acc & will receive full share invitations to both the sec & the big 10 because the tar heels along with kentucky are the most storied programs in the history of college basketball

so it's kinda amazing that during the cal's monster class era we out recruited north carolina (and kentucky) for multiple mcdonalds all america, right?

full disclosure note: this (and really all monster posts) may seem like thinly veiled cloaked insider information but it's really just crazy azz **** from a dumb azz who believes in the magic of cal basketball
Econ141

Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line update: practice #12

4.0 gpa fellow poly bad azz sioape vatikani (arguuably the strongest bear on the roster) discusses his coring out his body for coach spav's high tempo octane offensive fireworks which will require a starting 5 that don't take no plays off

pound for ground#
KenBurnski

At about the 4:50 mark in Sirmon's post practice interview he's asked about Bloesch's style and technique. Can someone explain his answer? Is he saying that he's unqualified to assess or is he just not keen on Bloesch's style (which frankly sounds like the exact aggressive tone that the unit has been missing for…forever). If it's the latter, that just makes me like Bloesch even more.
Shocky1

strongly suggest u read this article: https://swimswam.com/new-year-same-administration-former-cal-swimmers-still-waiting-for-accountability/

"This isn't the first time in Knowlton's career that an external review was needed to clean up a swimming scandal. At his previous job as athletic director at Air Force, an awful series of hazing events led to the first criminal charges in school history for a hazing case. Since Knowlton arrived at Cal in 20218, at least four programs have been the subject of serious allegations"

the systematic destruction of cal athletics#
Shocky1
KenBurnski said:

At about the 4:50 mark in Sirmon's post practice interview he's asked about Bloesch's style and technique. Can someone explain his answer? Is he saying that he's unqualified to assess or is he just not keen on Bloesch's style (which frankly sounds like the exact aggressive tone that the unit has been missing for…forever). If it's the latter, that just makes me like Bloesch even more.

burnski, every cal fan should listen to coach sirmon's comments at the 4:50 mark, it's very very revealing re: the current attitude of cal's monster offensive line...thx u for calling attention to the fire that is building within the cal football program

his honest kinda pissed off response confirms the feedback ima hearing that coach bloesch's trench workers ******* attack on every play & even a little bit after the whistle...this is a beautiful thing in the violent sport of football

coach wilcox's o-lines during his 6 years in berkeley played candy azz soft compared to my informed projections for the 2023 cal's monster offensive line

it should also be noted that this is the most clipped, energetic & almost angry peter has ever sounded in an interview...all the **** is coming out...his belligerently answering that the defensive backs are gonna be physical & yeah there's gonna be some penalties because of that is music to the monster's ears

there's a new attitude among the staff, a we got nothing to ******* lose & we're gonna knock u on ur azz mindset

the usc game is gonna be the bloodiest game in the history of cal football...cap

r u gonna be there for this physical as **** 2023 football season, this could be ur last chance forever

ima excited to travel to denton to watch coach bloesch's o-line attack north texas on a hot sweltering afternoon, watching on tv is for losers

the time is now (for everything)#
rkt88edmo
I think you mean "no cap," my dude.

Bloeschy takin them chickenz out!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

the bears gotta flip one voter to get the acc/wcc deal done, we can all see the finish line

almost all respected athletic directors got trusted relationships with other athletic directors and sometimes even presidents that they can call in favors in return for something in return down the road...but knowlton despite being one of the highest paid athletic directors in the nation at $1,300,000+ is not known outside of the air force & those who play senior league hockey in colorado springs so there's no one he can call to get anything done

reality is that we're gonna need stanford to get that final vote flipped for us...someone like the remarkable (she's a member at both cypress point & augusta national) condoleezza rice (who is actively involved in stanford athletics) is gonna be the dealmaker if the acc invitations come to fruition

as a footnote, shocky (went to stanford summer school between my jr & sr years at stinson beach high school, my berkeley grad tiger moms let me make my own decision re college) is a fan of stanford & its high academic standards in the same respectful way as the ivy league schools (my asu grad daughter taylor tells me that almost half of her 1st dates in nyc are subtle flexs at the harvard club)...it's a kinda dumb azz move to say you "hate red" in my humble opinion

cal's absentee athletic director got zero contacts (jaylen brown & dennis gates think he's an "idiot")
Shocky1
rkt88edmo said:

I think you mean "no cap," my dude.

Bloeschy takin them chickenz out!
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 284

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.