cal's monster offensive line

1,524,267 Views | 9937 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by wifeisafurd
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2023 us amateur update: round of 64

sampson zheng with the 2 putt par on cherry hill's brutal uphill par 4 18th hole (plays as a friendly par 5 for members at basically the same yardage) for the match play victory against asu's all american preston summerhays

with the match tied up thru 14 holes, zheng knocked in a clutch 10 foot bogey putt on the tough 249 yard par 3 15th hole & then when summerhays knocked in a 35 footer on the 16th hole sampson again halved the hole with a 25 birdie putt of his own

bears beat the sun devils

tomorrow in the round of 32 sampson matches up with mexico's jose islas who is on the oregon golf team at 10:00 am

bears vs the ducks

winner of this match will play an afternoon match in the sweet 16th...the 2 competitors in sunday's finals match will both receive life/career changing masters & us open invitations for 2024
Big C
Shocky1 said:

KenBurnski said:

At about the 4:50 mark in Sirmon's post practice interview he's asked about Bloesch's style and technique. Can someone explain his answer? Is he saying that he's unqualified to assess or is he just not keen on Bloesch's style (which frankly sounds like the exact aggressive tone that the unit has been missing for…forever). If it's the latter, that just makes me like Bloesch even more.

burnski, every cal fan should listen to coach sirmon's comments at the 4:50 mark, it's very very revealing re: the current attitude of cal's monster offensive line...thx u for calling attention to the fire that is building within the cal football program

his honest kinda pissed off response confirms the feedback ima hearing that coach bloesch's trench workers ******* attack on every play & even a little bit after the whistle...this is a beautiful thing in the violent sport of football

coach wilcox's o-lines during his 6 years in berkeley played candy azz soft compared to my informed projections for the 2023 cal's monster offensive line

it should also be noted that this is the most clipped, energetic & almost angry peter has ever sounded in an interview...all the **** is coming out...his belligerently answering that the defensive backs are gonna be physical & yeah there's gonna be some penalties because of that is music to the monster's ears

there's a new attitude among the staff, a we got nothing to ******* lose & we're gonna knock u on ur azz mindset

the usc game is gonna be the bloodiest game in the history of cal football...cap

r u gonna be there for this physical as **** 2023 football season, this could be ur last chance forever

ima excited to travel to denton to watch coach bloesch's o-line attack north texas on a hot sweltering afternoon, watching on tv is for losers

the time is now (for everything)#

It will be Wilcox's job to make sure that the offensive and defensive coaches come together for the good of the team. We're all Golden Bears. I've seen infighting like this before (one example: holmoe's staff). If not quickly made right, it can portend the end of a regime.
HoopDreams
Econ141 said:

Shocky1
respectfully disagree big c, cal football has not been edgy under wilcox & the mediocre record reflects that

and ur comment that this could be the end of a regime is ironic in a gazillion ways...

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CuxKIOEIazx

the quest completed (the future is unknowable)#
https://instagr.am/p/CseNnxvLMXC
https://top100golf.blogspot.com/2006/01/people-who-have-played-top-100-golf.html

the global golf centurion club (g2c2) world top 100 hall of fame updated to include shocky's completion of the most current (2021) list

honestly it's time to get some new hobbies/passions, anybody got a list & wanna travel with me to the world's top 100 yoga/meditation studios or something?

change in life is healthy (and so r doggy kisses)#
89Bear
Mark Madsen has me loving the basketball program, again!!!!
Shocky1

89, 100%

mama's fish house (with her award winning salmon pasta, wut time is dinner?)#
Shocky1
2023 us amateur update:

sampson zhang goes down 2&1 in the round of 32, he's gonna be poised for a dominating season starting with the bears opening tournament at former us open site erin hills in wisconsin september 3rd-5th
Shocky1

the bear would not quit, the bear would not die, the bear would forego $$$$$ & $*** (let's ******* go)#
Shocky1

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including yuma, ibiza & all polynesian nations)
Shocky1

bmw pga tournament update: 1st round

colin morikawa: 3 under par 67, tied for 9th, no bogeys & 4 for 4 scrambling for pars

max homa: 2 under par 68, tied for 12th playing with slow as **** annoying ucla grad patrick cantlay

byeong hun an: even par 70, tied for 23rd, leading the field in shots gained off the tee

olympia fields south is the worst us open venue of the last 50 years (corica park is a better designed golf course)#
Shocky1

acc potential expansion discussions update:

the acc prezs got a zoom call scheduled for tomorrow to discuss calford & smu

wut's happened since their last zoom call?

clemson & florida state did not follow thru on their earlier threats to try to break the gor & give notice of their intent to exit the conference by tuesday's deadline to send legal notifications for 2024 season withdrawl

wut's not known is the current views of north carolina & perhaps more flippable north carolina state (which is not likely to receive a p2 invitation from either the sec or the big 10)

most of the **** being discussed by fans are not significant factors, this is all about money particularly the 4 no votes negotiating/leveraging for greater revenue sharing within the conference

with smu willing to forego media share revenues for multiple years & calford willing to come in at heavily discounted dollars, contractually espn is required to pay the conference around $32,000,000 for new schools...this south of $100,000,000 if all 3 schools accept membership could then be argued over by the existing conference members for the 2024 distribution revenues, got it?

wut are the possible outcomes?

1) not vote again (a formal vote will not be taken unless there are 12 known yes votes)
2) accept stanford
3) accept calford
4) accept stanford & smu
5) accept calford & smu

Shocky1
point of clarification: there is no specific calimony payment from ucla agreed upon by the california board of regents, ok?

it's kinda like the easter bunny, it is not a recognized revenue source that can be reassigned in conference negotiations
LOUMFSG2
Shocky, is this current negotiation for football only, or is the ACC considering calford and SMU for basketball and/or other sports?
Shocky1
acc prez vote: not an inconsequential factor is that several of tomorrow's expansion acc voters would love the opportunity to seriously interview to be the next chancellor/president in berkeley and/or palo alto (both schools are seeking candidates at this time), not antagonizing drake could be a factor in weighing their personal ambitions vs their dumb azz athletic directors (who r not pro left coast)

don't be a dumb azz#

calford=the top of the food chain for high gpa really ******* smart people who like to read books & ****
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Ckq7PCfPEyb
major monster conference realignment news:

the acc athletic directors & presidents are expected to make final decisions by the end of this week re: cal & stanford (most likely as a package deal but not 100% indivisible with the bears getting kicked to the curb) potentially receiving invitations at significantly less full shares & with the understanding that all non revenue sports (other than football and men's/women's basketball) would join the west coast conference...there are confirmed votes in favor of the west coast elite academic institutions but unclear if the 12 out of 15 necessary votes will be there at the acc rose ceremony

the 9 current in the west coast conference are as follows (note there are 10 lady hoopers in the above foto, byu now in the big 12), cal & stanford would be welcomed with open arms in the fantasy suites:

*****gonzaga
*****portland
*****san francisco
*****st marys
*****santa clara
*****pacific
*****loyola marymount
*****pepperdine
*****san diego
lu lu lemon, football & men's women's basketball only invitations to the acc & the rest to the west coast conference is under consideration...big west & mountain west will not accept calford without men's basketball
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cp8HfTNJ_RO
cal's monster class knowledgeable prediction re: the next chancellor, go ahead & bookmark this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adela_de_la_Torre

u can go to the bank on this one, zero chance she's gonna retain the con artist knowlton tho ima still of the opinion that the current chancellor christ investigation (which could eventually result in criminal charges) into knowlton & his confidante jenny is gonna result in their terminations before the june 2024 transition

bay area native & 3 berkeley degrees#
don't tell no acc prezs but adela got the inside track to be the next berkeley chancellor

let's oppenheimer usc or something#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

2023 father's day:

got a phone call from my daughter shay shay (just finished her 1st year at denver law at the top of her class, got a 6 week summer job for a major energy law firm that's paying $30,000+ & will be interning for a 1st time female federal judge this fall) & a visit to the tree house from my son & his lovely fiancee ashley

also got the following note from my daughter taylor (who is visiting from nyc, starting her life's adventure in high tech sales for a fortune 500 company while living in soho) written on a blank piece of paper, the best gifts are all personally sourced/curated from the heart & do not involve any retail purchases...this is wut tay wrote:

Dumb Azz aka Dad (little hearts drawn all over the page)

Dear Dad,

Happy Fathers Day! So thankful for you and all of our fun memories. We truly need a reality TV show for all of the dumb **** we say in the car...."Sir, I think you need to speak to the Queen immediately!"

I think people are always jealous when I tell them my dad is my best friend. Based off their reactions, I do not think that is all so common! Getting an email from you is always one of the highlights of my day and I always get a good laugh.

"tell them their caviar tastes like bird poop"-Bill Schulz re: Bond Street restaurant

I appreciate everything you have done for me and how supportive you are with my move to NYC and pursuing my childhood dreams. I know that when I have a bad day I can always count on you to cheer me up and see the bigger picture. For that I am extremely grateful! Love you so much!!!

Tay

beautiful warm summer evening in new york city with everybody on the move chasing their dreams in manhattan

5 card marvin (such a lotta world to see)#

oskiswifeshusband
That would be a big W
Shocky1
oskiswifeinrehab, ur probably rite but the monster just can't say no to levain bakery

https://instagr.am/p/CpDklUZguYB
daily 32 oz green drinks r for unhappy yoga/meditation losers#
LOUMFSG2
Thanks Shocky.

If Cal and Stanfurd are willing to join the ACC at a heavy discount, wouldn't the B1G be interested in Cal and Stanfurd at a similar heavy discount? And wouldn't the B1G be a preferable landing spot for Cal and Stanfurd if the revenue shares are comparable, based on lower travel costs and more stability long term?
Big C
LOUMFSG2 said:

Thanks Shocky.

If Cal and Stanfurd are willing to join the ACC at a heavy discount, wouldn't the B1G be interested in Cal and Stanfurd at a similar heavy discount? And wouldn't the B1G be a preferable landing spot for Cal and Stanfurd if the revenue shares are comparable, based on lower travel costs and more stability long term?

We always let it slide to where we're bargaining from the worst possible position. The ACC should be paying us more to grace their piss ant conference. Then, we should take that offer and use it to get into the B1G (they want us, sort of, but aren't in any sort of hurry).
Shocky1
lu lu lemon, the big 10 is not open for biz today
Shocky1
the following is a reprint from cal's monster class back in the day:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

https://instagr.am/p/C7dS0GksHlA
arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells us while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been pwned...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

tay gotta work today (appointments all over the city) so ima heading out to the hamptons to play my favorite course in the world, the national golf links of america...the 3 greatest living architects bill coore, tom doak & gil hanse have all tole me in direct conversations that they share this luv too...the 16th hole by the iconic windmill on the windswept property is the most romantic hole on planet earth, my heart sings kinda like it did back when mcdonalds all americans graced haas in an epic love letter of a lifetime

but no worries sweetie, ur dad will be back in the city by dinner time

beauty & the beast (story old as time)#
ferCALgm2
LOUMFSG2 said:

Thanks Shocky.

It's true that B1G was a better fit all along, but honestly at this point I'd rather be the poor man (with reduced shares) in the ACC vs B1G. I don't want to be the poor man in the same conference as our ex-conference mates. Screw them.
Shocky1
smu offer to acc prezs is 5 years no media revenues, then discounted shares for a couple of year & then full shares in years 7-8
Shocky1
cal offer on the table to acc prezs with football funded for a couple of years by donors with strings attached re: the future operations of the athletic dept
oskiswifeshusband
Wait Cal forreal willing to go for free ???

This has to be leverage for the BIG??

I mean not even 5 mil? 10 mil??
Shocky1

major california golden bears golf updates:

max homa with a olympia fields south course record 62, leading the bmw tournament heading into the 3rd round...10 birdies offset by 2 bogeys on par 3s...r u a homasaxual?

colin morikawa with a 70 tied for 13th

byeong hun an with a sparkling 67 moving up the leaderboard tied for 13th

shocky with a magical day at the national, me & j gatsby could see the incandescent blue light of the future across the water but perhaps it wuz an illusion or something

this **** is getting live#
WalterSobchak

Shocky1 said:

cal offer on the table to acc prezs with football funded for a couple of years by donors with strings attached re: the future operations of the athletic dept
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

there are still not 12 yes prez votes but discussions are ongoing...once again there will NOT be an acc vote unless there are 12 probable yes votes so those of you holding ur breath awaiting a no vote r probably gonna suffocate...try breathing in & out, this helps with sex, yoga & putting too...ur welcome

cal donor football funding for a specific bridge time period is acc specific/conditional & will not apply to any potential western states conferences or going the independent route

bottom line, regardless of the outcome, the cal athletic department's financially unsustainable days of a bloated bureaucracy & irresponsible loans from the central campus are coming to an end with the inevitable reduction in the number of sports teams within title ix requirements

keep in mind the acc does not need to expand particularly with the deadline passing for clemson & florida state to give notice of legally trying to break the conference's gor for the 2024 season...the acc prezs are negotiating from a position of strength (time is on their side, unfortunately the same cannot be said for cal)

any or all of the calford & smu potential invitations will be contingent upon money which is a sign of the times in today's collegiate athletics...fans displeasure (or in the case of many of you anxiousness) with this process, timeliness or lack of official announcements is of zero concern to the acc prezs

got it?
sonofabear51
Thought it might go like , TY Shocky for the update.
Start Slowly and taper off
TheBearWontDie
Brutal but not surprising. Cal's athletic department will be a shadow of its former self in the best case. Better than folding the program. Come on NC State.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Ct7ni9Usg3C
sono***rizzly, the acc prezs are shrewdly negotiating/taking their time, they got more concessions during this evening's zoom call

but there's no point in spinning out about things that haven't happened yet, me & tay gotta lotta fun tonite grabbing small bite meals walking between multiple dining spots near her home in soho/the west village...we love people watching (and then imagining/making up stories about them, we are very easily entertained), there's a lotta world to see

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CLveRB9noUG
bearwontquit, if the con artist is terminated (and ideally prosecuted with criminal charges) in the very near future with andrew mcgraw appointed as the interim athletic director & then the financial rightsizing process begins now with adela de la torre hopefully appointed as berkeley's chancellor in june of 2024, then a stronger more fiscally responsible leaner athletic department that focuses resources on football/basketball might emerge that competes for championships in all sports in berkeley

the bluish green light of the future (boats against the current)#
First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.