cal's monster offensive line

1,529,592 Views | 9960 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by rush the field
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

byeong hun an finished 3rd (max homa finished 12th) at the scottish open & therefore earned a spot in next week's british open

the golden age of cal golf (4 players in the british open)#
bearsandgiants
It's the British Open. It will always be the British Open. The redcoats can suck it.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CuxKIOEIazx

the quest completed (the future is unknowable)#
philbert
Tell us how the eyeball is next.

Edit: this is the new Sphere.

bearsandgiants
philbert said:

Tell us how the eyeball is next.

Edit: this is the new Sphere.

The eyeball, and the course, deserve each other.
bluehenbear
Shocky1
the wynn golf course wuz actually slated for demolition to convert that space to ginormous luxury condos but those plans got changed, it's an average fazio course at best for those with lumify

not exactly shadow creek#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CtVEDWKv70Y
"tj session was a guy i thought made a big jump in the spring"
-coach wilcox

"don't be a dumb azz and live the life of a fool at a skool with truck stop academics which will create everyday struggles for the rest of ur life"
-notorious big''

"why cant i do a handstand or something?"
-shocky

unicorns for bloesch (cal's monster offensive line)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cup87U0Nkti

summer of love (berkeley to europe)#
Shocky1

wut's ur commitment to community service (them rescue mutt doggys tongue kiss shocky)?#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive recruiting update:

coach bloesch has extended an offer to 2024 northwestern decommit 6'6" 275 lbs payton stewart from kelso high school which is in washington just north of the oregon border...yeah its kinda drizzly in that part of the world

payton is not a dumb azz, he cleared northwestern admissions & got a 3.4 gpa

in person contact by the staff is not allowed right now, hopefully stewart will take an official visit to berkeley in september when the ncca dead period for recruiting is over...ej wants more trench workers in his 2024 class plus tyler knape needs a roommate, it's 100% fact that fsp (tracy ford) is life changing

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth thru nfl development with coach bloesch on the field & intellectual capitalism in the classrooms
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

unicorns for bloesch#
Shocky1

a couple of years ago the head golf professional at my favorite public golf courses in scottsdale talking stick (coore & crenshaw designed 36 holes, a 10 minute drive from modern yoga) calls me up & tells me that he would appreciate me doing him a solid & come out that friday to play a game with a sports guy guest...scott tells me that we will play as a twosome & that he will block out the tee times before & after our tee time to ensure nobody bothers us & that since shocky is a walker the guest will have his privacy riding solo in a golf cart (the guest apparently can't walk 18 holes)

tell scott sure no big deal

introductions are made on the putting green, it's bo jackson

so we play the back tees that day (which are 6800+ yards with firm/fast fairways), jackson can pound his drives but hits a couple drives 50 yards off line into the caca...bo tells me that since he got hip replacement surgery that a couple of times a round he can't clear his left side which results in blocked lost ball drives to the right which kinda drives him crazy...shocky shoots a 79 & beats bo by 5 strokes, jackson loses our 5 bucks bet but its never paid up after the round when we do our bro hug on the 18th green

we never talk about sports (which is a relief to bo but honestly its because i got zero interest in pro sports teams/athletes outside of our golden bear pga golfers)

interestingly when i tell him that i wuz raised by a tiger mom who tole me i could do anything in life, he shares with me that he wuz primarily raised by his grandmother who beat the **** out of him & that's the origin of his mental toughness/competitiveness

bo tells me the following story about his daughter morgan, this is a loose recollection of his words:

so his only daughter morgan is in high school & she's already one of the fastest girls in illinois (his primary home is in lemont a suburb of chicago which is home to the cog hill golf complex, jackson mostly plays public courses) & she already got a scholly offer to auburn which he's very proud of

anyways bo is not a dumb azz & he's heard thru the local chatter (his sons) that there are high school boys who wanna devirginize his pretty daughter so when morgan tells him that she's gonna go on her 1st date both morgan & his longtime wife linda are very anxious about how dad is gonna treat the young man when he shows up at the house

"daddy, please be nice to marcus"-morgan

"bo, do not ruin our daughter's 1st date, ok?"-linda

so marcus rings the doorbell & is welcomed into the house

bo says excuse me but can i have a moment alone with marcus in my study/hunting trophy room

morgan & linda share a nervous eye exchange & marcus follows a quiet bo thru the house to his man cave

they eventually arrive to the room & still without a word bo turns his back on marcus & walks over to his work table & pulls out a ginormous silver bullet & asks marcus how his name is spelled

a sweating marcus spells out his first & last name while bo writes something on the bullet with a special sharpie

jackson finally walks over to marcus (who is a star running back at the local high school) & tells him to open his hand

marcus complies with this request & bo puts the silver bullet which has the young man's full name inscribed on it into his palm & tells him:

"marcus, if you disrespect my daughter in any way i will hunt you down to the end of earth & put this bullet in your head, do you fully understand me?"

"yes sir, mr jackson!"

marcus brings his daughter morgan home on her 1st date at 9:45 pm

bo knows (dad of the year)#
Econ141

Qb1? Joke?
wc22
Social Media managers are... social media managers. They use "!" at the end of boring factual sentences.
bearsandgiants
Shocky1 said:

a couple of years ago the head golf professional at my favorite public golf courses in scottsdale talking stick (coore & crenshaw designed 36 holes, a 10 minute drive from modern yoga) calls me up & tells me that he would appreciate me doing him a solid & come out that friday to play a game with a sports guy guest...scott tells me that we will play as a twosome & that he will block out the tee times before & after our tee time to ensure nobody bothers us & that since shocky is a walker the guest will have his privacy riding solo in a golf cart (the guest apparently can't walk 18 holes)

tell scott sure no big deal

introductions are made on the putting green, it's bo jackson

so we play the back tees that day (which are 6800+ yards with firm/fast fairways), jackson can pound his drives but hits a couple drives 50 yards off line into the caca...bo tells me that since he got hip replacement surgery that a couple of times a round he can't clear his left side which results in blocked lost ball drives to the right which kinda drives him crazy...shocky shoots a 79 & beats bo by 5 strokes, jackson loses our 5 bucks bet but its never paid up after the round when we do our bro hug on the 18th green

we never talk about sports (which is a relief to bo but honestly its because i got zero interest in pro sports teams/athletes outside of our golden bear pga golfers)

interestingly when i tell him that i wuz raised by a tiger mom who tole me i could do anything in life, he shares with me that he wuz primarily raised by his grandmother who beat the **** out of him & that's the origin of his mental toughness/competitiveness

bo tells me the following story about his daughter morgan, this is a loose recollection of his words:

so his only daughter morgan is in high school & she's already one of the fastest girls in illinois (his primary home is in lemont a suburb of chicago which is home to the cog hill golf complex, jackson mostly plays public courses) & she already got a scholly offer to auburn which he's very proud of

anyways bo is not a dumb azz & he's heard thru the local chatter (his sons) that there are high school boys who wanna devirginize his pretty daughter so when morgan tells him that she's gonna go on her 1st date both morgan & his longtime wife linda are very anxious about how dad is gonna treat the young man when he shows up at the house

"daddy, please be nice to marcus"-morgan

"bo, do not ruin our daughter's 1st date, ok?"-linda

so marcus rings the doorbell & is welcomed into the house

bo says excuse me but can i have a moment alone with marcus in my study/hunting trophy room

morgan & linda share a nervous eye exchange & marcus follows a quiet bo thru the house to his man cave

they eventually arrive to the room & still without a word bo turns his back on marcus & walks over to his work table & pulls out a ginormous silver bullet & asks marcus how his name is spelled

a sweating marcus spells out his first & last name while bo writes something on the bullet with a special sharpie

jackson finally walks over to marcus (who is a star running back at the local high school) & tells him to open his hand

marcus complies with this request & bo puts the silver bullet which has the young man's full name inscribed on it into his palm & tells him:

"marcus, if you disrespect my daughter in any way i will hunt you down to the end of earth & put this bullet in your head, do you fully understand me?"

"yes sir, mr jackson!"

marcus brings his daughter morgan home on her 1st date at 9:45 pm

bo knows (dad of the year)#

Lance Armstrong cheated. Did Bo use PEDs, too? If not, good man. If so, Cancelled. Plenty of players who didn't cheat never got their shot. Those who did deserve nothing but disdain.
Shocky1

bears in the lair together (very favorable grouping)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

6'4" 278 lbs 2024 hard working offensive tackle samir camacho from cypress halls high school (20 minutes outta houston) is gonna take an official visit to berkeley on june 15-18th, it's possible his current offer could become an actionable offer in the near future

camacho wuz a 6a 1st team all district honoree as a junior, he's poised for an explosive senior season

samir is not a dumb azz, he got a 5.4 gpa...coach bloesch & coach saffell want trench workers that are smart as ****, they not gonna sit down & do ur homework for u, ok?

the university of calveston=#2 ranked (tied with stanford) university in the united states of texas
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
the above june 15th-18th official visit to berkeley never materialized, camacho got the following schools under consideration:

maryland-june 9th official visit, now got 4 o-line commits, probably done in this room for 2024

duke-june 16th official visit, now got 5 o-line commits, done for 2024

utsa (san antonio): june 22nd, probably a safety school back up plan option

tcu: recently offered

it will be interesting to see if when the current ncca official visit blackout period ends on september 1st if the 5.4 gpa samir takes an official visit to berkeley

unicorns for bloesch#

samir is now a self reported 295 lbs

unicorns got tireless unbreakable work ethics#
Shocky1
wc22 said:

Social Media managers are... social media managers. They use "!" at the end of boring factual sentences.

222, spellling/punctuation is overrated#
Shocky1

yeah it's kinda not surprising that strawberry jam dad jalen cone says his favorite emoji is the heart with hands

jalen, this song reminds this dumb azz dad of his daughters shay & taylor

https://instagr.am/p/CtPTC8TOdLa

a girl dad (golden sails across the sky)#

Shocky1

where's cindo? (unicorns for bloesch)#
Shocky1

best wishes to one of the most passionate cal basketball supporters on planet earth#
Shocky1

bears r fun#
Shocky1

very strong 1st rounder for max homa with a 3 under par 68 which places him a tie for 7th...only 2 missed shots all day wuz a flubbed chip shot into a bunker (which he then got up & down) off a tight lie on the par 3 9th & a missed 5 footer for birdie on the par 5 15th hole...100% that competing at last week's scottish open has acclimated max to the vagaries of links golf & also the local time zone from a sofa king sleep adjustment

crazy azz rollercoaster start for colin morikawa which included a shanked short iron out of bounds on the par 4 3rd hole (which is the customary 1st hole during regular club play) but also 4 birdies en route to a 2 over par 73

byeong hun an with a 73 & michael kim with a 75 at royal liverpool which is located in a non pretentious blue collar seaside community in northern england

let's go, max#

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

2023 & 2024 california golden bears yucky blucky fruitcake classes (mr spieker not amused):

doechii, why don't you introduce the 2023 & 2024 yucky blucky fruitcakes to the class?

2024 class:
rashawn clark, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
ej caminong, quarterback (3.5 gpa)
dayton "dayday" aupiu (3.51 gpa)
jamaal wiley, running back (3.0+ gpa)
trevor rogers, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
michael-anthony okwura, defensive lineman (3.4 gpa)
eze osondu, inside linebacker (3.0+)
brookyln cheek, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
camden jones, tight end (3.0+ gpa)
tyler knape, offensive line (3.8 gpa)

2023 class:
barrett miller, offensive lineman (4.2 hs gpa & stanford mechancial engineering degree)
taj davis, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
king doerue, running back (3.5 gpa)
isaiah ifanse, running back (3.2 gpa at montana state)
marcus scott ii, cornerback (3.3 gpa at missouri)
tidiane "frenchy" jalloh (motivated student from france)
matthew wykoff, offensive tackle (3.75 gpa)
marquez "mojo" dortch, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
ben finley, quarterback (4.308 gpa)
patrick mcmorris, safety (3.65 gpa)
david bird, longsnapper (4.0 gpa)
marquise montgomery, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
martin tine, offensive tackle (3.0+ gpa)
stanley mckenzie, nose tackle (3.3 gpa)
david reese, outside linebacker (3.7 gpa)
sam jackson v, quarterback (3.1 gpa)
brian hightower, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
justin williams-thomas aka j-will, running back (4.0 gpa)
asher alberding, tight end (3.85 gpa)
jt byrne, tight end (3.75 gpa)
lachlan wilson, punter (strong student from australia)
byron caldwell, running back (3.3 gpa)
sergio allen, inside linebacker (3.4 gpa)
matt littlejohn, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
javian "the jet" thomas, running back (3.4 gpa)
nohl williams, defensive back (3.61 gpa)
kaylin moore, defensive back (3.4 gpa)
frederick williams iii, athlete (3.6 gpa)
zurich ashford, defensive end (3.62 gpa)
ben marshall, tight end (3.4 gpa)
ryan mcculloch, outside linebacker (4.1 gpa)
tiumalu afalava, defensive line (4.1 gpa)
cade uluave, inside linebacker (3.8 gpa)
sailasa vadrawale, defensive back (3.46 gpa)
nyziah hunter, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
nick morrow, offensive tackle (3.7 gpa)
michael luckhurst, kicker (4.37 gpa)

all 37 of these 2023 & 10 2024 scholly recipients are beating the statistics, **** the opinions and all the logisitics

wow, that was quite the introduction, doechii, we're gonna have to talk after class

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

don't forget to take the chicken out#

scholly roster math:

rite now the cal football program for the upcoming 2023 season got 37 new scholly players which is offset by 35 departures in the jay rock/t grizzly post above

this means that when fall ball starts in around 2 weeks there's gotta be 2 more publicly announced departures to make the scholly roster math work to meet the ncca max of 85 scholly football rosters, got it?

lists r fun (if u got non stop monkey voices chattering in ur head)#
see next post for update re: the 2 football scholly reduction for this fall, the cal football roster is now balanced with 37 scholly additions & 37 scholly reductions

equilibrium#

https://instagr.am/p/CZXnegpPIQE
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

right now the bears got 37 scholly departures

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
darius long jr, defensive line...now a walk on for final semester, already earned berkeley degree
tommy christakos, wide receiver...medical retirement
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
mykyle so'oto, outside linebacker...portal san mateo college fightin' benjis...no berkeley degree
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...grad transfer to colorado state
fatu iosefa, safety...portal...no berkeley degree
kaleb higgins, corner back...portal to sacramento state...no berkeley degree
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas
ryan lange, guard...football retirement, will earn berkeley degree
jackson brown, tackle..portal to pitt...no berkeley degree
jake muller...fooball retirement, will earn berkeley degree
elijah mojarro, tight end...grad transfer to nevada
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant, wide receiver...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
justin richard baker, wide receiver...medical retirement
aiden lee, wide receiver...portal...no berkeley degree
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer

scholly math update:

jake muller (buried on the depth chart in the tight end room & not a contributor on special teams) is taking a football retirement & will focus on academics in earning his berkeley degree during his upcoming 4th & final year

darius long jr graduated with a berkeley degree in legal studies & will spend his final semester in berkeley completing the grad cert program as a walk on (darius enrolled at cal from san mateo community college as a walk on)
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

right now the bears got 37 scholly departures

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
darius long jr, defensive line...now a walk on for final semester, already earned berkeley degree
tommy christakos, wide receiver...medical retirement
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
mykyle so'oto, outside linebacker...portal san mateo college fightin' benjis...no berkeley degree
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...grad transfer to colorado state
fatu iosefa, safety...portal...no berkeley degree
kaleb higgins, corner back...portal to sacramento state...no berkeley degree
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas
ryan lange, guard...football retirement, will earn berkeley degree
jackson brown, tackle..portal to pitt...no berkeley degree
jake muller...fooball retirement, will earn berkeley degree
elijah mojarro, tight end...grad transfer to nevada
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant, wide receiver...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
justin richard baker, wide receiver...medical retirement
aiden lee, wide receiver...portal...no berkeley degree
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer

scholly math update:

jake muller (buried on the depth chart in the tight end room & not a contributor on special teams) is taking a football retirement & will focus on academics in earning his berkeley degree during his upcoming 4th & final year

darius long jr graduated with a berkeley degree in legal studies & will spend his final semester in berkeley completing the grad cert program as a walk on (darius enrolled at cal from san mateo community college as a walk on)
Really re: Long? I thought he might get some playing time
Shocky1
goldy, darius is a valued n experienced d-lineman, he's 100% gonna get gameday snaps
Shocky1

british open update:

max homa with one of the most volatile rounds of his life with 6 birdies, 6 bogeys & a double bogey (on the par 4 11th hole when he blocked his drive 60 yards into the adjacent fairway) & finished with a 73 putting him at one under for the tournament

byeong hun an got statically one of the best short games on the pga tour & showed that form shooting a 70 & is at one over par for the tournament

as expected the decision by colin morikawa to not prepare for the open by playing in last week's scottish open resulted in him not adjusting to the much slower green speeds (royal liverpool greens are running 10 on the stump meter, pga average is 12+) & instead going to wimbledon in london to get his new watch endorsement deal done wuz a mistake...both colin & michael kim will not make the cut & will be heading back to the states
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line roster update:

coach bloesch is converting both former defensive lineman 6'3" 305 lbs jaedon roberts (2 seasons of remaining eligibility) & incoming athletic true freshman 6'5" 285 lbs frederick williams iii to the offensive line

this give the o-line room finally 16 school trench workers after years of only 14 schollys allocated, it's positive news that this room has been rightsized to 16 schollys

honestly it wuz a major mistake to not develop jaedon as an offensive lineman back in the day when he enrolled in berkeley back in 2020...reality is that the defensive minded coach wilcox mistakenly thought when he wuz hired as a 1st time head coach 6 years ago that he could recruit a bunch of unathletic (lacking foot speed/explosiveness) tall & mostly white tight ends/linebackers & convert them to multiple positions kinda like wisconsin failing to recognize that west coast football don't got the bad weather issues in the midwest & that u gotta score 35+ points to win in the more wide open spread offensive schematics in the pac 12...this overallocation of schollys to unproductive tight ends/linebackers resulted in an o-line room with only 14 schollys for years which has resulted in a weak pipeline of developing future trench workers...that's why the recent portal additions of UNICORNS mathew wykoff & barrett miller as critical much needed impact starters are the key for a successful 2023 california golden bears football season

don't be a dumb azz (16 scholly trench workers is the rite #)#
Big C

^^^ I've been saying that about Jaedon Roberts since he arrived at Cal. Am wondering if he might've been in on the decision to start out on defense. But the dude certainly fits the profile of an NFL offensive guard. I can picture him in the rotation this fall and maybe even competing for all-conference in 2024.
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line roster update:

coach bloesch is converting both former defensive lineman 6'3" 305 lbs jaedon roberts (2 seasons of remaining eligibility) & incoming athletic true freshman 6'5" 285 lbs frederick williams iii to the offensive line

this give the o-line room finally 16 school trench workers after years of only 14 schollys allocated, it's positive news that this room has been rightsized to 16 schollys

honestly it wuz a major mistake to not develop jaedon as an offensive lineman back in the day when he enrolled in berkeley back in 2020...reality is that the defensive minded coach wilcox mistakenly thought when he wuz hired as a 1st time head coach 6 years ago that he could recruit a bunch of unathletic (lacking foot speed/explosiveness) tall & mostly white tight ends/linebackers & convert them to multiple positions kinda like wisconsin failing to recognize that west coast football don't got the bad weather issues in the midwest & that u gotta score 35+ points to win in the more wide open spread offensive schematics in the pac 12...this overallocation of schollys to unproductive tight ends/linebackers resulted in an o-line room with only 14 schollys for years which has resulted in a weak pipeline of developing future trench workers...that's why the recent portal additions of UNICORNS mathew wykoff & barrett miller as critical much needed impact starters are the key for a successful 2023 california golden bears football season

don't be a dumb azz (16 scholly trench workers is the rite #)#

I think 16 is still low for 5 positions that require physical development, coordination and knowledge of the playbook, plus are not plug and play, but 16 is better than 14.
Shocky1
big c, a contributing factor to the program's mediocre sub 500 record during justin's tenure has been roster mismanagement

last season the staff started damien moore in the season opener ahead of jaydn ott...more significantly the staff started dario longhetto ahead of michael luckhurst all season which resulted in the bears getting outkicked on field goals in both the narrow losses at boulder & south bend

someday in the year 2035 moore & longhetto r gonna be the answers to the following cal sports quiz question: can you name the bears from the 2022 season that started ahead of 10 time nfl pro bowl superstars jaydn ott and michael luckhurst???

hopefully this **** is now in the rearview mirror?

don't be a ******* dumb azz (learn from ur mistakes)#
Shocky1
max and rory paired together for tomorrow's twosome during the 3rd round of the british open

championship golf (does not involve shocky)#
Shocky1

UNICORNS r not dumb azzs#
Shocky1
calalumnus, 100% agreed, 16 is better than 14 but 17 is the optimal number for scholly trench workers due to the lengthy maturation process
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.