cal's monster offensive line

1,786,905 Views | 10960 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by prospeCt
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

the greatest tradition in college football (brought to u by learfield)#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line (is a work in process under the king of the hill coach bloesch)#
bearsandgiants
Shocky1 said:

the greatest tradition in college football (brought to u by learfield)#

This is always nice, but this was a win that should never have been I question.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CwQ-XiBhjjU
visited during halftime with 4th gen bear's guest starting point guard jalen cone who is a fun, fiercely focused & determined young man that will be an outstanding ambassador for cal basketball during his year in berkeley

jalen tole me that coach madsen will run a usual playing rotation of 7-8 players in marquee matchups with him playing 35+ minutes but that will expand to a 10-12 playing rotation in less competitive preseason & conference games with him playing 28+ minutes...we talked about flagstaff (elevation 7000) & its impact upon physical conditioning, mark has already noted jalen's excellent cardio stamina

huge kudos to jalen for not playing video games like many of his teammates, he'd rather play his guitar (we actually talked about black artists in country & western music) & sleep (tole him ima sofa king too)...his roommate at the basketball house is bishop o'dowd's monty bowser

asked cone whose improved the most during summer/fall practices...jaylen is very diplomatic but noted that grant newell has made significant strides forward in his game including his kinda suspect shooting from last season

jalen laughed re: my question of the toughest defender & tole me that serbian vladimir pavlovic literally lives in his jersey with physicality during practices, vlad gotta lotta jorge in his game

the monster is always real with everybody so shocky tole jalen that in watching him against asu last winter in tempe that i wuz not impressed with his hero ball & the ball sticking in his hands...too much strawberry in that jam...jaylen understood my scouting report (and skillset feedback from asu's bobby hurley who works out with me at the village in north scottsdale) & we both agreed that when a mid major plays a power five conference team that the star player (in this case cone) gets double teamed the whole game as the opponent is not gonna let him beat them & the reality the rest of the lumberjacks lineup wuz not skilled or +1 athletic

lastly we had some honest talk about his beautiful daughter, his girlfriend (a curvy brunette latina yoga female from san diego that plays soccer for nau) & his baby mama...he's doing a great job of balancing his personal life

jalen cone=+1 athletic respected leader of a 20+ win california golden bear basketball program

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

legendary defensive coordinator & future nfl hall of famer marv lewis (currently the de facto defensive coordinator for asu) tole me during a conversation last winter at desert highlands (he lives off the tee to the right of the par 5 11th hole) with a smirk that cal was "the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against" during the coach wilcox era because of his fear of passing into the middle third of the field...yeah even tho knowlton once tole me to my face that billy m wuz a "genius," nobody with any nfl pedigree shares that dumb azz opinion

marv stacks the box for stuffed running plays & cheats his linebackers & safeties to the perimeter for coverage assistance against the bears leaving only a spy who is tagging the qb for a potential run or slow developing drag routes over the middle

so the bears didn't attack the middle of the field during the 6'2" chase garbers & 6'5" jack plummer seasons, now we got a 5'10" (maybe) quarterback who is challenged to see over defensive linemen and opponents review passing scatter charts for tendencies & flat out know that our head coach is not gonna risk an interception over the middle of the field...this conservatism is also why the bears lead the nation in the most punt return fair catches, our staff's goal is not fumble the ball instead of strategizing for an electric return that scores points/hypes up the team/fans ala desean

and thus the bears throw only sideline routes & the almost always failed tight end blocking screens on the perimeter, nobody is fooled by our predictable tendencies...justin via spav is afraid of quick slants over the middle or passes to the tight ends in space (safer to have them as an extra blocker) while attacking the relatively wide open middle third of the field

and why is this the case?

coach wilcox plays the game not to win but not to lose, he's very conservative (which is probably why he's not married, no he's not gay)

the net result is a lotta one touchdown losses (on the plus side the bears are never blown out) with an elite defense & a schematically dysfunctional offense that don't utilize the entire field to its advantage

the irony in all of this is that the thing that justin is tryna avoid (critical turnovers that lose games) is exactly why the bears lose so many close games

i dunno maybe our coach should consult with matt bouza or somebody and loosen up a little bit, right?

the gutsy 4th & 2 call in bear territory early in the auburn game which my boy ashton stredick tenaciously converted into a 1st down is a step in the right direction

another 14-10 loss#

b&g, this wuz another abysmal failure to attack/utilize the middle 3rd of the field in the passing game, them vandals wuz a significantly better coached offensive team with an elite passing attack that is schematically both unpredictable & multiple

the 2 interior passes would've been huge chunk plays but both times the wideouts dropped the ball...and the predictable sideline screen with blockers got blown up again as it does in every other game

other than asu & stanford, the bears will potentially not win another game this season unless there is a major change in the play calling & to be honest with you ima not sure that's 100% gonna happen as coach wilcox may not got that mental flexibility/adaptability

the margin for error next win in seattle is gonna be slim, poor coaching won't get the victory

battle at the space needle (predictable play calling tendencies & failure to attack the middle 3rd of the field will be a ****show)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CwdSoT2P59y
hoop dreams & the monster visited with coach madsen in the tunnel during the football team's cannon blast run out to the field, mark yelled at his wife to make sure she got their small kids outta the way to make sure they didn't get trampled in the hyped up atmosphere

asked mark about an asian walk on for the upcoming season, there wuz 2 ballers that stood out at the open tryouts for walk ons...coach gave us details re: recruitment of mike sharavjamts who ultimately signed with them university of san francisco dons

we also discussed the importance of building a sold out hostile homeport venue & building a pipeline of future season tix holders/donors by offering all students tixs to every game at our haas

mark is 100% supportive of offering free tixs to all student at every home game at haas & tole us that he's working on that

unless mad dog pushes this hard there's zero chance this actually gonna happen with our absentee athletic director who is more worried about food service in the esp sections & his marketing director markeisha everrett who is an absolutely worthless bureaucrat who actually tole me before the game that she thinks students should be able to afford the $125 season pass (they can't), that she's happy with the tixs sold/attendance numbers for football & basketball & that she will not consider any free students tixs as a future investment for cal's revenue sports

speaking to markeisha everett is kinda like talking to the dumbest person you've ever met in your life except that she's also arrogant...she will no doubt place the race card for her employment but the reality is that she's 100% unqualified to sell tixs/build the brand in berkeley

lastly asked everett that with the potential $10,000,000+ financial shortfall in the athletic department will she consider reducing the size of her bloated 11 person communications dept (which is kinda ironic since the con artist refuses all interview requests) & she tole me "absolutely not, we have 30 teams that need coverage"

Shocky1
some kinda misguided commentary on other threads re: wide receivers & "separation"

if opposing defensive coordinators schematically know that your not gonna attack the middle 3rd of the field with the routes that have been chartered from past games, then the defensive backs & outside linebackers will cheat to the perimeter sideline tree routes thereby creating the illusion that are wide receivers don't got enuf speed

"separation" is not the problem (there is more than enuf speed in coach toler's room), the predictable play calling that don't involve the middle 3rd of the field in the passing game is the problem

got it?

don't be a dumb azz (yeah talking to u justin, u gotta unleash spav)#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line (is a work in process under the king of the hill coach bloesch)#

I guess I missed the transition from the OL firing out on run plays and instead setting up like they are pass blocking on run plays. Do they even have blocking sleds anymore?
#I'mold
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

some kinda misguided commentary on other threads re: wide receivers & "separation"

if opposing defensive coordinators schematically know that your not gonna attack the middle 3rd of the field with the routes that have been chartered from past games, then the defensive backs & outside linebackers will cheat to the perimeter sideline tree routes thereby creating the illusion that are wide receivers don't got enuf speed

"separation" is not the problem (there is more than enuf speed in coach toler's room), the predictable play calling that don't involve the middle 3rd of the field in the passing game is the problem

got it?

don't be a dumb azz (yeah talking to u justin, u gotta unleash spav)#
makes sense

also cool to hear you spoke to madsen, hope he was supportive of doing outreach to bay area ppl non cal grads
BearHunter
Shocky1 said:

Keep digging these trenches. We have some nice backs.
AZ Bear
Overall a very nice game from our O-Line...hopefully something they can gain confidence and build off.

I saw Bastien Swinney in an endzone celebration (maybe on the SJV TD run?). Did Swinney get playing time today? If so, in whose spot?
sonofabear51
Shocky, markeisha Everrett had an interview on radio kgo that was such an abomination I couldn't quite believe it. All rainbows roses, unicorns and fairy tales, mostly regaling the drone halftime show vs Auburn. It was utter BS and an embarrassment. It is very obvious to even the casual observer that a lot of change is needed in the Cal athletic admin. And NOW!
Start Slowly and taper off
HoopDreams
Got to speak to Coach Madsen before the game. I called out "Coach" across the way, but someone from Cal went up to him at the same time.

But after he was done talking to the Cal guy, he came over to me with his young child on his shoulders. What a genuine guy who went out of his way to talk to some random guy

And while I was in the tunnel I saw this shadowy figure with a cleverly placed field pass to disguise his identity

Econ141
sonofabear51 said:

Shocky, markeisha Everrett had an interview on radio kgo that was such an abomination I couldn't quite believe it. All rainbows roses, unicorns and fairy tales, mostly regaling the drone halftime show vs Auburn. It was utter BS and an embarrassment. It is very obvious to even the casual observer that a lot of change is needed in the Cal athletic admin. And NOW!

Is there anyone in the admin that cares enough to see that she needs to be let go. Everyone there is just collecting woke paychecks.
BearHunter
HoopDreams said:

And while I was in the tunnel I saw this shadowy figure with a cleverly placed field pass to disguise his identity

I didn't know Aaron Rodgers attended the game. Glad he's doing better.
sonofabear51
Agreed. I don't know if you heard the interview, but it was so over the top phony, I couldn't quite believe my ears. This is Cal Admin? Holy Wah!!
Make changes. What's going on now ain't working. Free tickets for students is a start. Fill MEMORIAL! I REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS AT 75K CAPACITY. Everett said it was 44k last week for Auburn but can hold 52k. ***? Open the flood gates, let people in!! JFC
Start Slowly and taper off
GCGBear
He came in for Vatikani during the first series of the 2md half.
Shocky1

^^^^ look the ibiza t-rex yoga judge knocked off a couple of points off for form but shocky would like to point out that he wuz on a severe concrete downslope which may or may not be apparent in that foto

kinda funny now to look at the people in the background & their kinda perplexed looks "what the **** is wrong with that boy?"

there's some ugly azz body hair there too, time for a lunch box appointment next week

shocky may be unbreakable but his personal hygiene/grooming is nasty azz bad#

Shocky1

fortinet pga championship update: 3rd round

starting with en fuego with birdies on 5 of the first 7 holes & within a stroke of the lead max homa reverted back to the old too hard on himself personality with slumped body language after bogeys on the 8th & 9th holes and eventually finishing with a 2 under par 70...yeah without shocky screaming "let's go max, go bears, let's roll baby!" with wild azz fist pumps throughout the round max kinda lost his ****

maybe brian driscoll can help homa move his attitude from alcatraz to barbieland or something

ur emotions affect ur outcomes in life (shocky is a true t-rex substitute yoga teacher with wisdom like that)#

Shocky1
BearHunter said:

HoopDreams said:

I didn't know Aaron Rodgers attended the game. Glad he's doing better.

hunter, rodgers is 100% all about the fotobomb

boom#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CxGhjWlBzY9
beware the vandals (qb gevani mccoy is the real mccoy, got 300+ yards upside)#
gevani completed 28-46 passes for 279 yards, fully expect the current vandals sophomore to enter the transfer portal after the season & compete against the bears the next 2 seasons as a starting quarterback for an acc opponent such as the hurricanes and so forth
Shocky1

forks up (lost to them jt fightin' fresno state bulldogs 29-0)#

Strykur
Damn next week will be tough but we can look forward to burying the Sun Devils no matter the result.
calumnus
Econ141 said:

sonofabear51 said:

Is there anyone in the admin that cares enough to see that she needs to be let go. Everyone there is just collecting woke paychecks.

Knowlton is collecting $1.3 million a year and he is the opposite of woke.
calumnus
Strykur said:

Damn next week will be tough but we can look forward to burying the Sun Devils no matter the result.

We should beat ASU and Stanford. We just need to find two more.
BearHunter
calumnus said:

Strykur said:

Outside of those two, the rest of our opponents are currently ranked in the Top 25. We'll have to do it the hard way. And even though the trees lost to Sac St., they still have talent on their squad.
Shocky1

monster probability of victories in final season of the pac 12:

1st of all it's kinda interesting how ima already following the acc results (and logistically dreaming of future epic football/east coast golf roadtrips in the fall) & honestly not really interested in any of the pac 12 programs other than stanford...yeah we gotta make sure our uber helicopters got maps in order to go all the way up

1) asu: home game at memorial stadium against a struggling program with multiple injured quarterbacks & the worst offensive line in the pac 12, the sun devils will struggle to score against the bears elite defense

2) stanford: the cards also got major quarterback issues & lack playmaking talent on defense, cal fans are already buying palo alto tixs for the november 19th b-day celebration of shocky & max homa as we gonna ******* storm the field again in an epic celebration of our lives as california golden bears on planet earth

3) washington state: home turf in memorial stadium will be a plus the cougs got the most worser rushing offense in the pac 12 as their best running back is averaging 2.3 yards per carry...fully expect coach sirmon's unit to stuff the run game & hopefully dial up the pressure against cameron ward whose game reminds me of my favorite mccoy...the cougs d is decent but not even remotely great

4) ucla: arguably the most overrated team in the nation, only ranked because of the brand reputation not because of their play on the field...bruins got 3 wins against teams that would get their azzs handed to them by idaho...bet...cal's roster of so cal players will be amped playing in front of their families & friends (just like the texas contingent's fun factor of playing in denton, we are the university of calveston) in the bears final game ever against ucla at the rose bowl

5) oregon state: home field advantage could be the difference maker in what promises to be a game of phsyciality, the team with the the key chunk plays will be victorious...this is the worst 16th ranked team in the nation with 3 victories against teams that would also get their azzs handed to them by idaho...fyi the perennial out of shape jermaine terry has caught 1 pass for 4 yards on the season

6) usc: the oppenheimer game at memorial stadium on october 28th will be sold out in the last meeting of usc & california in our lifetimes, the atmosphere will be ******* electric...this will be the most challenging match up of the season against the trojans elite wide receivers vs the bears takers...if the bears win the field stormin' after the game will see the goal posts torn down & dragged down bancroft

7) oregon: the ducks d is not elite, if the bears can generate offense on the road at autzen & remain calm thru the crowd noise then a victory might be possible...this is a school that cheats at every fork in the road, dana altman is a criminal & an absolute piece of **** as a human being on planet earth...**** the ducks

8) washington: this road game next week in seattle will be an excellent barometer of the cal d, is the bears d arguably the best d in the pac 12 or not?...we gonna find out

9) utah: would be a huge plus if the game is not played at nite in freezing azz salt lake city, not gonna miss the road trips to this dumpy backwards azz town with ugly azz architecture...the utes are gonna roll opponents in 2024 as they compete in the big 12, the conference of truck stop skool academics

the california golden bears are 2-1 rite now, the sky is not falling & if u ask shocky where he lives he's gonna point to the hills & tell u to go all the way up...nothing can stop me (except my abject failure to do a handstand which is holding up my plans/major goal of becoming a substitute yoga teacher)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and excited new member of the east coast acc in 2024)
Oakbear
calumnus said:

Strykur said:

the question is which of those two will be like the 2021 AZ or 2022 CO games

my hunch is that a horrible furd team wins the axe

I have no faith in JC, he will not let the OC do what is needed and that will make it impossible to win

as the soup nazi might say "no bowl for you"
Shocky1

oak, u might wanna consider counseling or something...no nighttime windy walks on the golden gate bridge for u until u get some help, ok amigo?

if u honestly think stanford is gonna win the big game on my b-day, then let's make a wager involving ur total net worth, ok?

shocky gotta grow out his hair like these brahs (the monster already got good eyelashes)#

Oakbear
Shocky1 said:

oak, u might wanna consider counseling or something...no nighttime windy walks on the golden gate bridge for u unto u get help, ok amigo?

if u honestly think stanford is gonna win the big game on my b-day, then let's make a wager involving ur total net worth, ok?

shocky gotta grow out his hair like these brahs (the monster already got good eyelashes)#

your faith in JC exceeds mine, don't worry, no short walks on long piers for me, as I have too many doggies, kitties, ducks and geese to take care of LOL

Shocky1
oakman=superman protector of the most vulnerable in society
Oakbear
Shocky1 said:

oakman=superman protector of the most vulnerable in society
we also have sheep/goats too, plus chickens .. but you can't prpmote me past superman, but I guess i could trans and you could make me wonder woman lOL
Shocky1
^ only on the left coast

sex change operations sound kinda painful from a plumbing perspective#
Shocky1
ASU has decent defense. It will be a struggle.

it's kinda funny how fans that are consumed with negativity make up fake **** to support their narratives in order to justify their unhappiness with the cal football program

even my golf buddy mr silverleaf sun angel will tell u the devils d is significantly below pac 12 standards, it's not even close to "decent" according to a true asu insider (got the ad & prez on speed dial)
AEM80
ASU has a lot of speed on defense and a good pass rush. That worries me. Offensively they are mess.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 314

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.