cal's monster offensive line

1,668,428 Views | 10467 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

all pac 12 2023 safety? (time to work)#
Shocky1
cal pwo fullback portal transfer champ johnson to colorado as a pwo tight end
Shocky1
major quarterback recruiting development:

yeah marin county's jared & jerry goff are longtime readers of the monster but fiance christen isn't fooled by any of this razzle dazzle stupid ****

https://instagr.am/p/CGqnRMbAf_C
don't be a dumb azz (better to palm a tight azz)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

8 clap in el paso (no es bueno, ay caramba)#
monster quarterback recruiting prediction: if some of the ucla qb recruiting **** goes down today, then former cal commit/4.0 gpa justyn martin will enter the portal & sign with coach spav
NVBear78
This is neither here nor there now but I noticed Moore is listed as having been recruited by Gunderson........
Shocky1
nv, gunderson is the the quarterbacks coach so that makes sense

it would make sense for justyn martin to see if dtr is gonna play in the sun bowl (if not then likely starter ethan garbers & martin will get snaps) before entering the portal january 1st

ucla starting qb locked up thru 2026 (where's spav?)#
calfanz
NVBear78 said:

This is neither here nor there now but I noticed Moore is listed as having been recruited by Gunderson........
i think it is 100% on point

Entering the portal in 3 2 1 seconds.

Garbers and Martin
Shocky1
calfanz, ethan is unlikely leave his hometown to play for his 3rd college, did you know his dad played golf at michigan back in the day?

good seeing you on the practice green in north scottsdale a week or so ago, love that your still passionate about cal basketball, you know deep in your soul what's the magic of cal basketball

so my daughter taylor is in town from nyc & we both want to go to haas (which i've not stepped foot in over 5 years since my termination after attending 150+ consecutive games in a row in my role as the director of recruiting/gameday energy via cal's monster class) this wednesday for what will be a magical victory that will garner national attention for the program

sent an email last nite to beth asking if taylor & i can buy for the game our 2 old floor seats directly across from the opposing team's head coach...haven't heard back yet, she probably gotta check with the athletic director or something...it might not make sense to invite former floor seats donors to become reengaged with the basketball program

there are multiple former players (my former recruits) that have already told me they will attend if taylor & her dumb azz dad r in the haas in the next 48 hours

in retrospect cal's monster class wuz shocky's love letter to cal basketball, too bad that love these days is returned in its envelope as undeliverable

yeah haas will forever be my palace, what's ur palace?

Econ141
5* qb flips from Oregon to UCLA. Is there still a chance justyn martin comes back?

I think those thinking UCLA will take a step down will be wrong. They have a ton of momentum right now and Kelly knows how to use the transfer portal.

6956bear
Econ141 said:

5* qb flips from Oregon to UCLA. Is there still a chance justyn martin comes back?

I think those thinking UCLA will take a step down will be wrong. They have a ton of momentum right now and Kelly knows how to use the transfer portal.

UCLA has been very successful in the portal. They will take double digits again this year. And they keep improving quality of player overall each year.

What that does do is open up the HS market a bit more in SoCal. UCLA and USC will need to use the portal to maintain a competitive program as they enther the Big 10.

I think Martin has a decision to make. Garbers is already ahead of him and Moore will be pushed towards the field immediately. So I do think he could very easily take a look at Cal. Will be up to Spavital though as to whether he is a certain take if he in fact enters the portal. I would bet there may be some behind the scenes discussions with Martins inner circle and potential landing spots.
WalterSobchak
Econ141 said:

A "step down"? From what, 6th in the Pac? I agree that's not likely. They won't likely finish 6th or better in the B1G though.
6956bear
WalterSobchak said:

Econ141 said:

A "step down"? From what, 6th in the Pac? I agree that's not likely. They won't likely finish 6th or better in the B1G though.
They may not. But the P12 has 6 teams in the top 18 this season. They will be behind tOSU, Michigan, Penn St and USC on day 1 of entering the Big 10, but not really behind anybody else. And they will not be playing OSU, UM and PSU every year nor in their stadium every year.

They might have a better shot at the CFP if they stayed in the P12, but I do not expect them to be a pushover by any means in the Big 10. JMO but I would love for Cal to get games against Rutgers, Indiana, Nebraska right now vs Oregon, Utah, and UW.
sycasey
6956bear said:

WalterSobchak said:

Econ141 said:

They may not. But the P12 has 6 teams in the top 18 this season. They will be behind tOSU, Michigan, Penn St and USC on day 1 of entering the Big 10, but not really behind anybody else. And they will not be playing OSU, UM and PSU every year nor in their stadium every year.

They might have a better shot at the CFP if they stayed in the P12, but I do not expect them to be a pushover by any means in the Big 10. JMO but I would love for Cal to get games against Rutgers, Indiana, Nebraska right now vs Oregon, Utah, and UW.
As I've been saying, the Big Ten (top to bottom) is not really any tougher than the Pac-12. Yes, the top two could be considered tougher, but you aren't playing Michigan and tOSU every week.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

The_Tedford_Era said:

@Shocky1 u boys talkin bout the barracuda again?
https://instagr.am/p/CZ2e8pALKmd
what up tedford (who also just signed up for this site today)?

as u know sexy fish is more about the ambiance & people watching than the barracuda

https://instagr.am/p/CgKDDIUpUdR
tunmise adeleye is gonna make his public announcement in the next couple of hours, he's definitely vibing with miami after getting caught up in the emotion of dining at prime 112 on ocean drive with the hurricanes offensive line coach/former dolphins ("fans" dropped by constantly to see their "hero," not sure if tunmise fully understands this could all be staged for him, his dad, moms & girlfriend)

there are a lot of great culinary/eye candy watching spots in miami like prime 112 & sexy fish, that's not why you pick a college...in today's fiercely global competitive marketplace, those with world class educations like cal, stanford & the ivy league are much more likely to have the financial means to dine at places like prime 112 & sexy fish...those with lesser educations often work as valets & bouncers at such establishments

decision with 50 year financial implications#
WalterSobchak
6956bear said:

WalterSobchak said:

Econ141 said:

Right. So best case 5th if everything else goes right. Not likely most years.

With a roster laden with "Super Seniors" and literally carried by 2 who are now finally out of eligibility this year they finished 6th even though they only played 4 road games. FOUR. The only teams they beat on the road this year were Colorado, ASU, and Cal. In other words 12, 10, and 9. They got demolished by Oregon at Autzen. They fell on ther face at home against Arizona. They didn't play OSU or WSU. Wanna wager who'dve won Ucla at OSU? They'll have their hands full with Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State, Iowa, and Minnesota even in LA. Sun Bowl will be interesting (and cold). Then they're jumping into a heavy travel situation going forward. Good luck with that.

Next year they'll play Utah with revenge on their minds in SLC. Probably rotate off UW and Oregon and pick up OSU at home and @WSU in another lucky break. Circle September 2 on your calendar. Coastal Carolina at Ucla. Should be a good indicator, a must win for the Bruins. (I expect they'll win and have no idea what Coastal is losing.)
WalterSobchak
sycasey said:

6956bear said:

WalterSobchak said:

Econ141 said:

As I've been saying, the Big Ten (top to bottom) is not really any tougher than the Pac-12. Yes, the top two could be considered tougher, but you aren't playing Michigan and tOSU every week.
True, but the top of the B1G is better and deeper than the Pac, plus it's adding USC.
Shocky1
why did tanner mckee declare for the 2023 nfl draft?

there is no opportunity to improve his draft stock (or his physical health) as basically stanford's entire starting offensive line is also in the portal: rouse, nugent, hinton, metcalf & hornibrook

there will no offensive fireworks in palo alto in 2023, they will struggle to score 15+ points per game

troy taylor is a good person & an excellent football coach but without a significant change to admissions that will allow portal transfers into stanford (which will never happen), coach taylor is never gonna win more than 4 games during his time on the farm

mark ur calendars (stormin' the field again in 2023 in palo alto)#
WalterSobchak
Nugent and Hinton are out of the portal, both committed to Michigan. Not sure about the others.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

keleki latu trips to washington last weekend
the 2022's worst blocking tight end in the pac 12 got a conditional (plan b) offer from the huskies, he won't know if it's an actionable one for a while...if not will likely stay home at nevada or surf in hawaii

decisions with 50 year financial implications (no berkeley degree)#
Gkhoury2325
I thought he tripped and committed to Arizona. I
Must be wrong? Nonetheless, we need more from the TE position this year. I'm hoping Terry can get into shape, get healthy and ball out.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

5'10" "175 lbs" running back speedster javian "the jet" thomas from local mcclymonds high school in oakland just got a 2023 offer from coach thompson

the 3.4 gpa true student athlete is actually around 165 lbs kinda like the shockster/colin morikawa in real life which is why most of his offers are from non p5 schools but that don't mean the mack guy don't got +1 speed which can turn 4 yard gain pitchouts into 50+ yard sprints to the end zone at memorial stadium

javian which kinda rhymes with javid if you say it real fast currently got a conditional offer which means the most fragile room on the team with respects to potential off season portal defections gotta be sorted out first after the ucla game before a final decision is made as whether or not to turn it into an actionable offer which will likely be accepted on the spot

aristotle has never coached in an environment with the demands of big time running back egos before, in the past he's been able to play a stable of running backs with daily competition & everybody happy kinda like a 1950s football movie...that **** don't fly today, now the best talent gotta be ruthlessly featured for national football league pay days

so what's gonna happen?

retaining jaydn ott is clearly the program's #1 priority, the uber talented superstar is academically focused & truly loved by the staff/teammates which favors his return to berkeley

decarlos brooks is tough as **** & got a sudden burst too, does he want to graduate after 4 years in berkeley & potentially rush for 1,000+ yards next season in flagstaff at nau against long bus ride competition?

damien moore gotta decide do he wanna try to continue to work & claw his way back into more snaps or bail?...his body language on the sidelines in boulder kinda look like his dog died

ashton hayes got jaydn level speed but his moms not happy with his role

chris street probably not going nowhere except physical therapy as he rebuilds his body

to be honest with you, walk on ashton stredick's ridiculous talents have been totally wasted thus far in berkeley by aristotle, not only is he arguably the smartest bear he deserves a full football scholly after this season & an opportunity to receive snaps right now...guys like joni a think ima joking when i say ashton stredick is the future of cal football but ima ******* dead serious

if all 5 of the current scholly running back on the roster transfer after this season & that means my boy ashton gets 25+ carries a game with javian backing him up for 5+ carries a game next season, ima 100% ok with that with that drama free scenario

this ain't pop warner football, coach (take it to the o, ashton & javian don't live on 63rd)#
congrats to javian "the jet" thomas on his commitment to the local #1 ranked public university in the world, love this guy who wants to celebrate his collegiate gameday experiences like marshawn lynch & ivan rabb with his moms

how fast is the jet?

well he runs like coastal winds on a breezy day, basically like vandalus...thomas got a 10.86 100 meter & 22.69 200 meter which is why javian ran for 2,456 yards & 29 touchdowns with an unreal 14 yards per carry

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and a couple minutes drive to memorial stadium for moms on gameday)
barring an unforeseen miracle like chabs not declaring for the 2023 nfl draft, bryon caldwell is gonna declare for ucla & the monster is ok with that

jaydn ott is a legit 2023 hesiman candidate & there's only 1 football

4 speed backs in the room is enuf#
Gkhoury2325
Maybe someone on the board could answer this? I see we are waiting for the transfer from Clemson Allen to make a decision on GT? Do we have a legitimate chance with him?

Cardwell from Oregon visited this last weekend, does any know how it went? I'm hoping we get a commitment from him?

The transfer from Texas A&M Adeleye visited this weekend too and do we actually have a chance at him.? He would be a huge get to play next to Johnson next year.
Gkhoury2325
Damn UCLA is playing on a different playing field. They are playing chess and we are playing checkers. We lose out to Caldwell and they get the QB Moore. Must be nice to have nice things.
Shocky1
Gkhoury2325 said:

I thought he tripped and committed to Arizona. I
Must be wrong? Nonetheless, we need more from the TE position this year. I'm hoping Terry can get into shape, get healthy and ball out.
gk, it's orin patu to arizona

don't need more scholly tight ends in spav's offense but agreed that we need jermaine terry to reach his virtually unlimited potential (nfl upside) while elijah mojarro (the next jake tonges?) also continues to take steps forward in becoming a more dynamic blocker/receiver with coach plough's mentoring...multiple teammates think jake muller is not 100% committed to football excellence, maybe the mission viejo native will decide to finish out his 4th & final year in berkeley just focusing on his studies/graduation thereby freeing up another scholly
Shocky1
gk, r u reading any of the monster's posts today re: sergio allen & tunmise adeleye?
Gkhoury2325
I'm hoping Caldwell reads this and wants to be apart of the Cal family and help carry the legacy of the Cal RBU along with future NFL superstar Ott…. And have two future start running backs go in the first rd. Caldwell is a great talent. Let's go Cal.
Shocky1
gk, luv ur enthusiasm but the odds of 2 running backs from the same team going in the 1st round of the nfl draft are redunkulously low, that's why decarlos brooks, damien moore & chris street r no longer in berkeley

there's only1 football#
Econ141
Gkhoury2325 said:

Damn UCLA is playing on a different playing field. They are playing chess and we are playing checkers. We lose out to Caldwell and they get the QB Moore. Must be nice to have nice things.

Correct - and there is talk that Moore committing is going to lead to several other high profile committal for them. Winning has cured their recruiting ills.

We need some sizzling commits soon!
WalterSobchak
What recruiting ills? DTR was also a 5 star who triumphantly led them to a 6th place finish as a COVID Super Senior! He's already backed up by two 4 stars.
Econ141
WalterSobchak said:

What recruiting ills? DTR was also a 5 star who triumphantly led them to a 6th place finish as a COVID Super Senior! He's already backed up by two 4 stars.

Their last couple classes have been ranked close to ours I believe ... Even this year's class outside of what is happening now was lack luster. I don't follow their recruiting too closely but I know many of their fans did not like Kelly's recruiting.

But now they got our RJ Jones, our Femi, and our Justyn Martin, and a 5* qb coming in. That is a huge turnaround.
Shocky1
econ, that's not how things works in the new portal era of college football, this isn't a slavery deal where you "own" players

ucla is gonna start a true freshman at quarterback against us next year, that's gonna be a winnable game for us & then the bruins head to the b10 & it's not clear if the teams when or even if we'll will ever play again, got it?

6th year jack plummer>>>>>>>>>>>>a true freshman qb for ucla

jaydn ott>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>byron caldwell

jackson sirmon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>femi

worrying about ucla is kinda pointless imo, kinda concerned about u econ, r u in a good place?
Shocky1
harry money=guy with no money
NVBear78
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

keleki latu trips to washington last weekend
the 2022's worst blocking tight end in the pac 12 got a conditional (plan b) offer from the huskies, he won't know if it's an actionable one for a while...if not will likely stay home at nevada or surf in hawaii

decisions with 50 year financial implications (no berkeley degree)#
hmm, no offer from UCLA? Is his brother still there or is he declaring for the NFL after his big year??
Shocky1
nv, can you recall even a single block that latu made this season that protected the qb from getting hit or sprung a running back for a large gain?

there's a reason geep used him on the 3rd team

ucla is not targeting 3rd string tight ends that don't wanna block
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

big weekend in atlanta, multiple prioritized official visitors are leaning towards gt commitments including linebackers ezra odinjor from acworth, nacari ashley from marietta, taye seymore from atlanta & minnesota transfer braelen oliver

buzz b stocking the linebacker hive#

nacari ashley & braelen oliver committed to gt tonite
texas a&m transfer portal linebacker andre white jr just committed to gt
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 300

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.