cal's monster offensive line

1,782,001 Views | 10931 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by Shocky1
Econ141
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

wisconsin 5 star offensive tackle/knockout champ flipped from kansas to alabama

This is turning into the all-other-schools monster thread! No matter - keeping Ott and Sturdivant is essentially like bringing in two 5* at this point. Let's just focus on o-line and wait for Knowlton to get canned to really get the bears going.
Shocky1
monster state of the union for the california golden bears football program:

econ, the cal football program is in excellent shape heading into 2023 with the most explosive skill players in the pac 12 and a defense that will be a top 3-4 in the pac 12 if brett johnson is healthy plus placekicking with future nfl kicker michael luckhurst will finally be a weapon for the 1st time in coach wilcox's tenure in berkeley

this 2023 scholly recruiting class surgically addresses the need for signing potential apex predator edge defender(s) and bringing in immediate impact corner/nickel defenders plus significant special teams talent...nyziah hunter, ben marshall & javian "jet" thomas got as much speed at their offensive positions as almost anybody in the 2023 class

so like the 2022 season, the 2023 season will be determined by cal's monster offensive line and there are plenty of questions that need to be addressed & solved starting with winter conditioning & then 2023 spring ball:

1) will matthew cindric return for another season or medically retire?

2) will the staff sign an immediate impact offensive lineman portal transfer this upcoming january?

3) what corrective steps will coach brian johnson take in adjusting his past winter conditioning failures which has resulted in the o-line room lacking strength, bend, mobility & quick twitch movements across the board in 2022?

4) how much physical/technique improvement will we see from 2022 starters brayden rhome and tj sessions during spring ball with coach bloesch?

5) will brian driscoll u haul his gameday attitude from la jolla to national city?

6) will poly bad azz sioape vatikani fulfill his potential as a 1st team all pac guard in 2023?

7) are jackson brown & trent ramsey ready to compete for the starting/playing rotation tackle jobs this spring?...how much will the fastest footspeed tackle in the program grayshirt nick morrow weigh when he arrives in berkeley this january?

8) are physically gifted bastian swinney & mountain man spencer lovell gonna be healthy by spring ball?

9) will one of the other scholly offensive linemen such as everett johnson or ender aguilar emerge as a reliable rotation player(s)?...are buried on the depth chart strong student athletes ryan lange & dylan jemtegaard still interested in competing on the football field or just focusing on their berkeley studies?

10) will role will future head coach in waiting mike saffell play moving forwrard?

totally understand that fans like to talk about a lotta different aspects of the cal football program but the reality is that the difference between a 3-4 win season and a 8-10+ major bowl 2023 season is gonna be cal's monster offensive line

real talk#

DoubtfulBear
Do we have any prospects at OL? It looks like we are just collecting DBs and LBs as usual
Shocky1
pretty doubtful db

coach mike bloesch was recruiting a different level of physical talent upside & academic profile along with recruiting area zone while at north texas...we need to be a little patient while he builds his offensive line west coast pipeline of high gpa prospects...it is absolutely critical that he & the staff recruit an immediate impact portal transfer offensive lineman (or 2 in a perfect world) to replace ben coleman in january

reality is that coach wilcox's initial #1 coaching target scott huff would've cost $1,000,000+ which our athletic director refused to make happen...huff got 5 huge upside offensive linemen in his 2023 class & has already built relationships with many of the top 25 high gpa offensive line prospects on the west coast in the 2024 class, the huskies are gonna continue to dominate on the offensive line recruiting trail in the immediate future

keep in mind the most important thing to our athletic director is keeping in house the funding to ensure mark fox's $1,900,000+ salary thru 2025 & his own $1,300,000+ average annual salary thru 2029

vote for andrew mcgraw for athletic director#

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

big weekend in atlanta, multiple prioritized official visitors are leaning towards gt commitments including linebackers ezra odinjor from acworth, nacari ashley from marietta, taye seymore from atlanta & minnesota transfer braelen oliver

buzz b stocking the linebacker hive#

nacari ashley & braelen oliver committed to gt tonite
texas a&m transfer portal linebacker andre white jr just committed to gt

there's no more room at linebacker at georgia tech unless someone decomits tonite

this means georgia native sergio allen can either try to reopen his portal recruitment in january & take his chances with getting offered official visits/actionable offers or sign with them california golden bears tomorrow

can pittstop deduce them clues?#
georgia tech just signed taye seymore & have reclassified him as a safety instead of linebacker, is buzz b tryna create linebacker room space for local sergio allen?
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky1 said:

pretty doubtful db

coach mike bloesch was recruiting a different level of physical talent upside & academic profile along with recruiting area zone while at north texas...we need to be a little patient while he builds his offensive line west coast pipeline of high gpa prospects...it is absolutely critical that he & the staff recruit an immediate impact portal transfer offensive lineman (or 2 in a perfect world) to replace ben coleman in january

reality is that coach wilcox's initial #1 coaching target scott huff would've cost $1,000,000+ which our athletic director refused to make happen...huff got 5 huge upside offensive linemen in his 2023 class & has already built relationships with many of the top 25 high gpa offensive line prospects on the west coast in the 2024 class, the huskies are gonna continue to dominate on the offensive line recruiting trail in the immediate future

keep in mind the most important thing to our athletic director is keeping in house the funding to ensure mark fox's $1,900,000+ salary thru 2025 & his own $1,300,000+ average annual salary thru 2029

vote for andrew mcgraw for athletic director#

I am more concerned with coach mikes ability to coach up the OL we have now. Too late in the game to get some HS OL kids and transfers aren't ready to go to Cal not knowing the OL coach and seeing how poorly we played last year. If coach Mike can coach up the talent we have at OL this year, that will bode well for future OL recruits & transfer portal OL.
Shocky1

no more shoneys#
Shocky1

translation: "thank you god for this wonderful nil best & final negotiations between michigan state & miami, ima gonna max out my dollars just like last time with texas a&m, really haven't learned much **** in life yet but when ima working the midnite to 8:00 am shift at the traverse city truck with t grizzly in my ear buds maybe i'll think twice that i've should've taken that berkeley education that is worth millions of dollars over a lifetime...anyways, clean up on aisle 7, gotta restock the nachos & diet dr pepper too before dawn"

tunmise should be praying on his downfall

broke azz poor & undereducated at 30 & not drivin' german engineering (not gonna make it out of lansing after all that happened)#
tequila4kapp
Per his own Twitter, Sergio Allen is a Bear
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

6'1" 230 lbs clemson transfer inside linebacker sergio allen from peach county high school in fort valley georgia is on an official visit to cal today

with jackson sirmon presiding over the eye of the hurricane in the middle of the field, the bears d needs another insider backer to step forward & claim the adjacent starting position this spring after femi's departure to ucla

the vaunted tigers recruit out of high school is not a dumb azz, he's majoring in sociology & completed internships with adobe & first rate in england this spring

growing up & living in the south his entire life, sergio is hopefully looking for a cali adventure at the epicenter of the free speech & civil rights movements...kinda worked out ok for my yoga buddy jaylen brown

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

monster crystal ball to cal
BOOM, potential starting inside linebacker next to jackson sirmon

this **** is getting live
Shocky1
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

moms value education at the #1 ranked university in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shocky1
hoping mack's javian "the jet" thomas still signs with hometown cal today

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

sleep is for losers#
no joke
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

moms value education at the #1 ranked university in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is what I'm talking about! Excellent momentum. Need to flip the story on the program.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

yeah some people don't know what they don't know
pittstop, this comment is for u
Shocky1
Econ141 said:

Now that is what I'm talking about! Excellent momentum. Need to flip the story on the program.
when econ is excited, then u know this **** is getting live

cal's monster offensive line 2023 class is now officially renamed "cal's yucky blucky fruitcake class"

what up, doechii (who beat the statistics)? #
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

most explosive running back room in north america (where is the jet?, he gone, touchdown bears)#
Shocky1
let's be real here, ucla is a really nice landing spot for those that don't know how to share yoga towels and/or been denied admissions to the #1 ranked public university in the world like harry money who got no money
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

sorry olivia#
Shocky1

thx moms & dad#
Shocky1
"demand the ball lars, demand the ball, let's go baby, impose your will, demand the ball lars!!!!!"

https://instagr.am/p/BOTs5_CAt5s
wheels up (daddy/daughter roadtrip date, the magic of cal basketball)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

most explosive running back room in north america (where is the jet?, he gone, touchdown bears)#
Skill position talent is insane!!!
This is gonna be fun.
Shocky1
89, 100% agreed, memorial stadium is gonna be electric in 2023 if cal's monster offensive line can significantly improve its play

spring ball is gonna be exciting to track/monitor

if my boy ashton stredick is starting at left tackle, we are ******

the magic of cal football (can u feel it?)#
xultaif
Shocky1 said:

89, 100% agreed, memorial stadium is gonna be electric in 2023 if cal's monster offensive line can significantly improve its play

Won't matter with Chandler Rogers behind center. He's hard to bring down. Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

translation: "thank you god for this wonderful nil best & final negotiations between michigan state & miami, ima gonna max out my dollars just like last time with texas a&m, really haven't learned much **** in life yet but when ima working the midnite to 8:00 am shift at the traverse city truck with t grizzly in my ear buds maybe i'll think twice that i've should've taken that berkeley education that is worth millions of dollars over a lifetime...anyways, clean up on aisle 7, gotta restock the nachos & diet dr pepper too before dawn"

broke azz poor & undereducated at 30 & not drivin' german engineering (not gonna make it out of lansing after all that happened)#

when tunmise says he's "standing on business now" he's telling the truth
Jalonso510
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

that tweet makes him look pretty bad. i guess he was "giving out favors" by taking a bag at A&M?
WalterSobchak
Jalonso510 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

that tweet makes him look pretty bad. i guess he was "giving out favors" by taking a bag at A&M?
Some Ls are dubs
Shocky1
xultaif said:

Shocky1 said:

Won't matter with Chandler Rogers behind center. He's hard to bring down. Go Bears!
x-man, 100% agreed that a fast velocity moving chandler rogers would fit well with coach spav's offense particularly if cal's monster offensive line struggles to protect the quarterback like it did during the 2022 season

but chandler got the option of taking an official visit to liberty (played in a bowl game last nite) with an actionable offer in january before making a final collegiate decision outta the portal

stay tuned...
WalterSobchak
Shocky1 said:

xultaif said:

Shocky1 said:

x-man, 100% agreed that a fast velocity moving chandler rogers would fit well with coach spav's offense particularly if cal's monster offensive line struggles to protect the quarterback like it did during the 2022 season

but chandler got the option of taking an official visit to liberty (played in a bowl game last nite) with an actionable offer in january before making a final collegiate decision outta the portal

stay tuned...
Which also gives Cal the opportunity to see who might become available in Spring...
Shocky1
jalon, tunmiese is probably not gonna beat the statistics in life

broke azz poor & undereducated at ago 30 (50 year decision)#
Shocky1
WalterSobchak said:

Shocky1 said:

xultaif said:

Shocky1 said:

stay tuned...
Which also gives Cal the opportunity to see who might become available in Spring...
kinda like 4.0 gpa/former cal commit justyn martin who is probably 50/50 on entering the portal after the sun bowl

sobchak=spav's burner screen name
Shocky1
taylor & her dumb azz dad in the bay

https://instagr.am/p/BG2c9tghHcW
the magic of cal basketball (doses & mimosas)#
Shocky1
tunmiese's twin bro recruitment: mikal harrison-pilot is continuing his sorry azz shakedown recruitment while still tryna get more "best & final offers"...on his official visit to the claremont he brought like a dozen family members for an all expenses summertime vacay to cali
eastcoastcal

sonofabear51
WOW!!
Econ141
eastcoastcal said:

Damn - this must mean another portal qb coming in or that Kai was going to be the man next year ... Or Plummer saw that we couldn't get any immediate help on the OL so he is bailing. If the latter, I am worried about our other skill position players namey Ott and JMike.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.