cal's monster offensive line

1,787,166 Views | 10963 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
unlike mark fox who got the oldest staff at 200+ years in d1 basketball in the united states of america & zero commits at this moment for the 2023 class, coach wilcox has been adaptively transitioning more & more recruiting responsibilities this cycle to guys under 30 years of age

the hawk must fly in berkeley#
Shocky1
national mutt day in berkeley:

https://instagr.am/p/CSfX1t1LPtj

when is shocky gonna open his t-rex yoga studio in yountville?#
Shocky1
Shocky1
pretty sure that when des recruited that hopa/hopa mutt that "kinda cute" was not part of the evaluation/selection process

who save who?#
Shocky1
official visitor weekend recruiting update:

5'11' 175 lbs corner back/future olympic gold medal speedster (10.14 wind legal) rodrick pleasant is scheduled to accompany his serra teammate frederick williams iii to berkeley for an official visit, they've
been close friends since age 5

speed kills#
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Shocky1 said:

You are more than four times her age, pervert.
spanx is closer to six & a half years old

when is shocky gonna learn how to do a handstand instead of a headstand?
Big C
Shocky1 said:

message to billy m, watch the 1st play in this highlite reel, this is a pitch out which is something you have failed to do with superstar jaydn ott this entire season which honestly is coaching malpractice

a pitch out allows elite +1 athletes like marshawn to create magic in open space

billy m, u don't got good hair but u could at least call good plays

don't be a ******* dumb azz (and aristotle it's about time u start advocating for ur tailback)#

Oh, all these people calling for pitch outs for Jaydn Ott... Heck, look at that first play (referenced) in the video. There was actual blocking! This is why pitch outs at U$C (back in their glory days) were known as "student body left" and "student body right": The student body was the blockers out in front. The Trojans used to send 1-2 O-linemen to the NFL every damn year.

Without blocking, a good defense just blows up pitch outs.
Shocky1
america's best groupon discount offer: those who actually watch the above video will notice that marshawn beats 5 unblocked huskies defenders in open space on the pitch out en route to paydirt

let me repeat that for aristole & billy m's benefit, beastmode lights up 5 unblocked washington defenders in open space

college teams do not need to put a couple of o-linemen into the nfl to make a pitch out work but it sure helps to have a special tailback like jaydn ott that got magic & that can make people miss

"good defenses" will "blow up" pitchouts, kinda confused here, colorado's d was giving up more than 40+ ppg & washington has been torched for 40+ points in recent games, what's ur point?

luv u big c but if u think billy m's predictable schemes to not include pitchouts is the rite move, then ur gonna love tonite's play calling with kai continuing the current playcalling of sending ott into the 8 defender stacked box

good luck with that ****
Shocky1

Shocky1
logan brown recruiting update:

coach wilcox has asked the monster to run point on logan's recruitment to berkeley

cal's monster offensive line (got good hair)#

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

5'11' 175 lbs corner back/future olympic gold medal speedster (10.14 wind legal) rodrick pleasant is scheduled to accompany his serra teammate frederick williams iii to berkeley for an official visit, they've been close friends since age 5

speed kills#
cali state record, kinda funny how the other dudes look like they slow as **** (and they not that) compared to rodrick

gone gone#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

welcome frederick williams iii, a 2023 3.6 gpa apex predator edge defender from gardena serra

how important of a priority is the high motor frederick?

coach wilcox & coach browning were on the sidelines watching his friday nite game 14 days ago during the bears bye week when serra played mission league rival la puente which got 2023 cal commit 6'3" 270 lbs defensive end tiumalu afalava

let's be real here, oregon state gotta lotta dumb azzs that just wanna play football on a football field with a football, that degree is not gonna open a lotta doors

yeah frederick is gonna be off to the races (the bears still don't got yet an apex predator edge defender that plays with relentless violence that walks planet earth alone)

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states (including now closed ascot park)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

https://instagr.am/p/CjhKBhhgR_w
como tele vous frederick, please kindly let me know your availability to attend 2023 paris fashion week at opera garnier with me, taylor & gigi hadid (the pink blouse pops the other vibrant colours), ok?

my man, we both in agreement that socks r for losers

https://instagr.am/p/B7bdckuDhlD
fashion matters (tho bears b naked in nature & at yoga)#
Shocky1
6'25" 165 lbs wobbly notre dame commit/us all american taeshaun lyons from tennyson in hayward gonna be at memorial tonite

Shocky1
6'5' 230 lbs edge defender isiah chela (3.3 gpa) from archbishop riordan gonna be in berkeley tonite, right now he got a conditional offer which could potentially become an actionable offered based on the collegiate decision of fashionista frederick williams iii

6956bear
Shocky1 said:

6'25" 165 lbs wobbly notre dame commit/us all american taeshaun lyons from tennyson in hayward gonna be at memorial tonite

Not sure how interested Lyons is in Cal. He was at one time considered a major lean to UW who happens to be the opponent tonight. And this is obviously an unofficial. He is a very good prospect however and would love for him to have a sincere interest in the Bears.
Shocky1
welcome to berkeley tonite 6'2" 240 lbs non stop motor wrestling leverage apex predator edge defender isaac "bobby" terrell from lehi utah who got a 80" wingspan & a 3.5 gpa which makes him the highest gpa person to ever commit to washington state

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states of america (including the lehi roller mills & the brutal high winds thanksgiving point golf course)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1
my favorite fellow bad azz tongan (grew up in oakland) 6'4" 215 lbs current san diego state quarterback commit javance tupouata-johnson from chaminade high school in west hills is gonna return home to the bay cuz he thinks he can beat shocky's sorry broken down azz in golf or something...not gonna lie, really like javance's kinda retro golf fashion vibe

https://instagr.am/p/CfkPbiDP9Mr

Shocky1
welcome to berkeley tonite 6'1" 206 lbs athlete isaiah carlson from ferndale washington

isaiah is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.6 gpa

Shocky1

nfl closing speed (4th q, zero fatigue)#
Big C
Shocky1 said:

america's best groupon discount offer: those who actually watch the above video will notice that marshawn beats 5 unblocked huskies defenders in open space on the pitch out en route to paydirt

let me repeat that for aristole & billy m's benefit, beastmode lights up 5 unblocked washington defenders in open space

college teams do not need to put a couple of o-linemen into the nfl to make a pitch out work but it sure helps to have a special tailback like jaydn ott that got magic & that can make people miss

"good defenses" will "blow up" pitchouts, kinda confused here, colorado's d was giving up more than 40+ ppg & washington has been torched for 40+ points in recent games, what's ur point?

luv u big c but if u think billy m's predictable schemes to not include pitchouts is the rite move, then ur gonna love tonite's play calling with kai continuing the current playcalling of sending ott into the 8 defender stacked box

good luck with that ****

My point is that the main reason we're not running the ball well is that we're not blocking well. The second reason we're not running well is that the defense doesn't need to worry much about our quick passing game.

I agree that the runs we were trying against Colorado were ill-timed (just about every damned 1st down, are you kidding me?) and ill-conceived (agree that we just seemed to be running straight up the middle).

Sure, a pitch out now and then is fine, but feeding the defense a steady diet of them -- without good blocking -- will only make the defense healthier.

I also agree with your general point that our plays are slow-developing and lacking in deception and panache. (Pitch outs lack deception, or else are slow-developing.)

I promise to never try and enlighten you about yoga or golf.
Shocky1
big c, u can always enlighten me re: golf & yoga/meditation

Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line (is a work in process & urgently needs a 2023 4.0 gpa nasty poly bad azz wrestling leverage guard with a relentless motor)#
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line 330 lbs cartwheel tutorial

defund the refs (what up sioape?)#
Big C

That is a bs penalty. It wasn't in anyway taunting the opposition (not that that's the standard). Just a huge guy expressing a little joy. If necessary, tweak the rules. Or just call them subjectively in cases like this.
ducktilldeath
Shocky1 said:

They make quite the pair.
harebear
Unfortunately I did not run into Shocky at tonight's game (which I almost didn't attend at all) but I did run into ROD BENSON, who did the painting of Forsett and Lynch:

and who also has amazing art available through rodbensonart.com

A great Golden Bear. That's the thing about Cal sports. Many of the athletes associated with it are truly great and inspiring people.

And maybe I'll even run into Shocky next time.
Big C
harebear said:

Unfortunately I did not run into Shocky at tonight's game (which I almost didn't attend at all) but I did run into ROD BENSON, who did the painting of Forsett and Lynch:

and who also has amazing art available through rodbensonart.com

A great Golden Bear. That's the thing about Cal sports. Many of the athletes associated with it are truly great and inspiring people.

And maybe I'll even run into Shocky next time.

Oh, was that him on the field with Forsett and Lynch? Too cool!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Dear Shocky,

How are you?

I am fine.

I'm not sure why you think that my principled stance in operating 30+ sports teams is "financially not sustainable" and moving "the athletic department on the path towards financial bankruptcy," do you have any experience in analyzing financial statements or what?

Anyways, I'm reaching out to you with the exciting opportunity to be one of our $1,000,000 lead donors for my newly proposed women's Quidditch program.

Unlike Track & Basketball, our Quidditch program will be targeting the descendants (children & grandchildren) of the wealthiest families in the world to ensure White girls from privilege are given every opportunity for preferential academic admission into Berkeley. Our targeted recruiting base will be the primary benefactors of the Louvre and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Our senior women's administrator will be extensively traveling to Bel Air, Moscow, Monte Carlo, Lausanne and the Canary Islands to make sure this happens, she is highly effective in this role in working with highly appreciative high net worth White families.

In that there are not currently any Quidditch programs in North America, our Bears will be competing in the European Jet Set League. We will work towards cost savings and be responsible stewards of financial matters by asking the team at times to travel by commercial flights and occasionally lodging at only 3 star hotels that do not offer spa services.

To ensure Title IX compliance and access to equal facilities, I've communicated to Coach Wilcox that the football program will not be allowed to practice anymore on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Memorial Stadium because of time restraints which would unfairly hinder the Quidditch program. Furthermore, I've asked Markeisha to hire an 11th Communications Assistant Director to cover the Quidditch program to ensure they receive the same media experience as the football team. Would it not be unfair to Jules Von Fustenberg III to not receive the same interviews and media attention for her capturing the golden snitch against the St Moritz Trust Funding Oligopolists as Jaydn Ott rushing for 179 yards & 4 touchdowns vs the USC Trojans?

We will be realistic and not expect the Quidditch program to be competitive for at least a decade because of Covid 19 limitations. Also many of our student athletes have other important summertime athletic endeavor responsibilities including but not limited to the World Parasailing Championships in Maui, the South America Polo Cup in Buenos Aires and the Shinnecock/Maidstone Interclub Golf Matches.

Shocky, let's make this happen! Please let me know your thoughts and if you're already on board please find attached a stamped self addressed envelope for your generous donation of $1,000,000.

Go Bears!

Best regards,

James Arthur Knowlton, Athletic Director

it's pretty clear that the potential future upward trajectory of the cal football program is gonna be 100% dependent upon the recruitment & development of more athletic prospects (particularly at tackle, impact day 1 starter logan brown is unquestionably the #1 prospect on the staff's big board) in the quest towards cal's monster offensive line

jackson brown gotta lotta upside at tackle, grayshirt nick morrow is more athletic (he ran away from safeties playing tight end in the game i watched in the valley when flagstaff played thunderbird) than either of last nite's starting tackles but will he able to build his body from the current 265 lbs to over 300+ lbs in cal's s&c program?

in watching the o-line in boulder it was shocking on how many plays there were guys that didn't physically make contact (in a material way) with nobody, that's why the recruitment of high energy/motor wrestling champ isaiah kema is so important in the 2023 cycle, he's special & with a 4.0 gpa a berkeley fit...3.88 gpa tenacious pulling guard austin boyd could see his current conditional offer turned into an actionable offer

steve greatwood (who is a respected tactician) & his burnt out flip phone recruiting resulted in the current lack of viable upperclassmen talent but coach wilcox's decision to underfund the o-line room with the current 14 schollys on the roster is equally as damaging to the program...the good news is that number is expected to expand to 16 for the 2023 season

to be honest with you the monster did not attend last nite's game in memorial stadium opting to accept an invitation to be an invited guest for a brisk walking round yesterday afternoon at los angeles country club (will host the 2023 us open next summer, max homa got the current competitive course record since the fabulous gil hanse renovation of the george thomas original design) followed by dinner/drinks at tao in west hollywood

this decision to miss the game & the marshawn/forsett festivities was made last sunday after being notified that jack plummer (casual fans got no idea of the damage that has been caused by billy m's reckless decision to leave the hobbling qb in the game for meaningless reps in the palouse & the intentionally dangerous qb sneak in boulder) is around 80% healthy & that cindo would miss the game altogether...at that point i sent a private message to eastcoastcal while still at denver law visiting my 1st year daughter shay telling him i wouldn't be around for our planned 6:45 pm meet up at the bears statue...no showing is never a good look

billy m is a dead man walking, his "retirement" is gonna be announced on monday november 28th at 10:42 am...his clearly unprepared (slow developing just like the rest of his schemes)1 minute offense at the end of the game was symbiotic of his failures to not understand/ignore my feedback from future hall of famer nfl defensive mastermind marv lewis that "cal is the easiest offense in the pac 12 to gameplan against" along with zero pitchouts to superstar jaydn ottt that is gonna have real damaging consequences

jim knowlton told me when billy m was hired that musgrave is "a genius"...the root of the deemphasization of cal football & men's basketball is due to the career air force officer's personal vision for cal athletics to equally celebrate olympic & other sports like quidditch which fulfills his hunger for the recognition that he never got as a hockey player...jim has managed his career upwards by leveraging the northwestern final 3 athletic director interview into basically a life time financial security blanket (just like linus) thru 2029

consider the following "knowlton notes":

*****the hiring of the unlikeable white mark fox over the black travis decruire because he felt "more comfortable" with him not recognizing that the predominantly black players & future recruits might feel the opposite to be true...anybody think the guys who didn't want to listen to fox in this lineup: point guard darius mcceil (smu), shooting guard matt bradley (san diego state), small forward justice seuing (ohio state), power forward andre kelly (santa barbara) & center connor vanover (arkansas) wouldn't be a better option than this year's starting lineup?

*****upon meeting knowlton at the oregon state football game in corvallis, he promised to check into why cal's monster class with it's 5,000,000+ views including mcdonald all american high school readers jaylen brown, Ivan rabb, caleb swanigan, jabari bird & marcus lee was terminated & to see if it couldn't come back to life...got an email from jim a couple months later, he asked around & nobody knew nothing...the shockster hasn't donated a single dollar to cal athletics since that email (my 50 yard line perch was prepaid until my death the day esp tixs went on sale back in the day), my fundraising endeavors here in maricopa county for them rescue dogs & cats is not mismanaging/wasting donor contributions, **** the red baron

*****knowlton allowed fox with his 1st staff to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars in hiring his old friend the equally unlikeable trent johsnon as a basketball staff bureaucrat instead of an aggressive young black recruting dynamo like my former floor seat guest theo robertson

*****mark fox & his 3 assistants are the oldest coaching staff in d1 men's college basketball at 200 years, recruiting is a young man's 24/7/365 game...to his credit coach wilcox has been transitioning more & more recruting responsibilities to guys under 30 years of age

*****jaylen brown told me that he tried to explain the benefits/importance of a black father figure/mentor to jim at a football game last season but that he didn't knowlton really understood what he was talking about, the next bullet point confirms jb's message was lost in translation

*****knowlton's decision to extend fox's contract from 2024 to 2025 is arguably the dumbest azz decision in the history of cal athletics or maybe even the university

*****there is zero chance that knowlton is gonna raise the $80,000,000+ (the true cost is closer to $125,000,000 regardless of the general contractor in the design build) that is necessary to build the practice facility because of his insistence that it be built to accommodate multiple olympic sports such as volleyball when in reality is should be just a simple basketball only facility which is the practice at other pac 12 campuses...what was 6 years ago a $15,000,000-$18,000,000 basketball facility with doug goldman on board for a $10,000,000 lead donation is truly knowlton's folly that is now jim's castle in the sand (complete with architect renderings)

*****knowlton's chief of staff jennifer simon-o'neil is evil as ****, back when i was around there were multiple coaches in multiple sports that all knew that teri mckeever was abusing her student athletes toward suicidal thoughts and that she was 100% enabled by simon-o'neil...the ad's legal defense strategy that they "didn't know" is not gonna fly under closer scrutiny/depositions and it's gonna cost realistically tens of millions of dollars to pay out the future lawsuits...saying "go bears" to the families of the impacted swimmers is just part of jim's tone deaf not reading the room just like not realizing that an overwhelming majority of cal fans don't really care about sports beyond football & men's basketball

*****not that anybody cares outsides of the families of those student athletes but the vast majority of the cal's women sport teams under simon-o'neil either finished 12th last season or are currently 12th in the current pac 12 standings...she is not only evil but also incompetent & in my opinion will be a focal point of a future varsity blue's investigation (just like the one that starred the crooked azz usc women's sports administrator) into cal's women's athletics (check out the affluent hometowns of the cal women's crew & field hockey teams who receive preferred academic admissions treatment into berkeley)...when i sent an email to cal's compliance team this summer with these concerns they didn't respond to me but rather beth set up a conference call with me to discuss this & other concerns...what collegiate compliance team in the in the states of america doesn't respond to written concerns of impropriety?

*****knowlton's blaming the vast majority of the cal teams losing records on covid (his often repeated mantra all teams are "back at zero, all momentum lost") kinda reminds me of the what's under the shell con game played by hustlers on the streets of new york city to the naive as ****

*****the premium donor & sales director matthew hornerkamp has never once talked/communicated to me to see if as a former floor seat donor would i be interested in attending a cal basketball game...ima still in touch with all of my recruits, ivan rabb told me this summer he would love to sit on the floor with me in my old seats directly across from the opposing team's head coach (criminal dana altman, rapist enabler steve alford & the donut boy of tuscon) to watch the squad's current dragons...maybe matthew will reach out to me & make that happen

*****the chief marketing & communications officer makeisha everett was hired despite never working on the west coast & never working for an organization that has ever sold a football ticket...there is no tangible plan in place to target former oakland raiders fans to experience cal football or priced out golden state warrior families to experience cal basketball...maekeisha oversees a bureaucratically bloated 10 person communications department which could be rightsized to 2-3 if bears coaches outside of football & basketball would just write their game day stories/player profiles...in a conference call this summer with beth tafolla-voetsch (who is very good in her professional responsibilities) & cfo tom lowry which included this topic, lowry told me that knowlton wants athletes in every sport to get the "same media recognition and experience" as football players...cannot make this **** up

*****berkeley right now has a record number of 1st in family enrolled in college students (which is a beautiful thing), a significant majority of them are from extremely low socioeconomic backgrounds...these students cannot afford the $100 dollar season pass...the decision to end the free student tixs which i battled for with the staff back in the day means that there will be an entire decade of cal students from poor families that will never attend a football or basketball game during their time in berkeley...and when they graduate (and some of them will undoubtedly will become titans of wall street, silicon valley, etc), they will never attend a cal football or basketball game as an adult because the gameday experience was never imprinted on them...when they get donation requests from the athletic dept, they gonna delete them in half a second...part of jim knowlton's legacy is gonna be tens of thousands of students who never experienced the magic of cal football or basketball and that's really really sad

*****the above bullet point is already adversely impacting student attendance

*****knowlton has also rerouted critical dollars from the football & men's basketball program by hiring a diversity officer in dr ty-ron douglas when in philosophy every cal coach should be a diversity advocate, hiring a bureaucrat for hundreds of thousands of dollars is not the solution...my friend calalumnus (who is black) has correctly pointed out that as berkeley is the epicenter of the civil right & free speech movements that this is an embarrassment to the university of california, berkeley

*****cfo tom lowry told me he was previously in finances at the air force academy, his anti cal football bias is obvious within 5 minutes of talking to him...lowry in concert with knowlton is moving the cal athletic department towards bankruptcy with their unchecked spending (gotta focus on the construction of that sand volleyball facility) & he told me they are willing to borrow money from the central campus in loans that will never be financially possible to be repaid but they both gonna be retired by then

*****multiple fans who attended last saturday's pregame cal alum get together in boulder have told me that knowlton once again misread the room and told the assembled crowd that he's never going to make his student athletes travel back to the east coast on a weekly basis which this is not only factually inaccurate but also caused them to believe that knowlton isn't trying to get cal admitted into the big 10

jim knowlton is putting the cal athletic department on a clear cut path towards bankruptcy (the next chancellor after the benevolent christ is not realistically gonna be as financially supportive of sports & that's when the current $30,000,000 institutional support subsidy is gonna go away, that's when the massive cuts are gonna happen) with his quest to oversee 30+ teams that are financially unsustainable and that draw resources away from the football & men's basketball programs

if jim was an honourable man he would resign for putting the department's future in harm's way

real talk#
sycasey
Shocky1 said:

*****multiple fans who attended last saturday's pregame cal alum get together in boulder have told me that knowlton once again misread the room and told the assembled crowd that he's never going to make his student athletes travel back to the east coast on a weekly basis which this is not only factually inaccurate but also caused them to believe that knowlton isn't trying to get cal admitted into the big 10

He really said that? FML.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

thy unvarnished truth:

matthew cindric's dad told me that his son is playing thru a painful & significant injury (not gonna go into the details)...the reality with cal's monster offensive line is that with spencer lovell & bastian swinney both injured & not traveling with the team this week (and their return dates not certain) there is no game proven interior line depth behind cindo on the offensive line, he had to courageously play otherwise it's just gonna be like last year's fiasco in tuscon, thx you matt

cindo is not a dumb azz, he's got his haas/spieker degree & is currently in a 2 year master's program with education, matt will decide down the road whether or not he will return in 2023 for a potential 6th & final year of eligibility...he rooms with will craig (who will earn his berkeley degree after retiring from football as a starting tackle) & braxton croteau

the mysteries of life (true love is not always reciprocated & allowed to flourish)#

very disappointing to just now read coach wilcox's comments from last night re: cindo that "he'll be out the rest of the season unfortunately...he's an extremely tough guy, he got injured early in the game last week and really didn't mention it and played the entire game and unfortunately it's an injury that needs to be repaired and will miss the rest of the year but he is a warrior of a person"

matthew's dad knew he was seriously injured prior to the game and shared that with me in boulder, how is it that shocky knows the extent of a major injury but the head coach don't also got that information?

Big C

looks kinda yucky the way they've handled the injuries to Cindric and Plummer... w/o his virtuous qualities, what's Wilcox got?
Shocky1

logan brown's above retweet indicates he is into nascar or something, marshall gotta tell him that he can drive coach wilcox's killer whale ride at top speeds thru the hills of berkeley in the internationally coveted east bay grand prix during the off seasons if in exchange he will start at tackle for them california golden bears

it doesn't have to be like this

logan brown=a red bull killer whale

cal's monster offensive line (tryna get home)#
SoCalie
From a duck...not surprising at all
Big C

I'd like to borrow shocky's thread to give some props and love to the guys bustin' their butts on Cal's offensive line:

We all know that the results haven't been what we'd like to see this season. But these guys are good Golden Bears who are working their azzes off (all year 'round) and trying their best. They're our guys and I love our guys! When we alums were at Cal, were we perfect? Of course not, but we tried hard and we love Cal.

Personally, I wasn't big enough or good enough to even play high school football. These guys were high school stars who are competing at the P5 level, while progressing towards their degrees (or even post-grad) at a top university. Let's show them the love they deserve and cheer for them every Saturday.

Go Bears! Go offensive line! Let's finish strongly!

Shocky1
honestly just think coach wilcox's relies too much on the offensive staff to communicate things to him & figure things out, justin is a good person that loves all the guys in his program but he also lacks the ruthlessness that is needed at times to become a great coach

billy's m decision to slow count a seriously injured jack plummer into a quarterback sneak in boulder was almost criminal & the most intentionally dangerous play call in the history of cal football & that is not acceptable to me

once again billy m's "retirement" is gonna be announced on monday november 28th at 10:42 am
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 314

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.