cal's monster offensive line

1,744,593 Views | 10816 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Econ141
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
justyn martin missed yesterday's bruins practice cuz he got "a cold"

finals week in westwood#
89Bear
Any other coaching announcements?
Shocky1
89, gundy accepted the cal offer yesterday & today they are trying to finalize a contract

hopefully future head coach in waiting mike saffell will be named the offensive line coach in the near future
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

89, gundy accepted the cal offer yesterday & today they are trying to finalize a contract

hopefully future head coach in waiting mike saffell will be named the offensive line coach in the near future
You think it's a done deal with Gundy?
Nofado
Nothing is ever easy with us
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Shocky1 said:

You think it's a done deal with Gundy?
89, with our athletic director hell bent on directing department dollars to winning title ix championships nothing is ever a done deal in berkeley
Shocky1
Nofado said:

Nothing is ever easy with us
nofado=noted life philosopher

a day in the life of james arthur knowlton#
Econ141
User eastcoastcal in another thread posted a Twitter user (Avinash) saying that an OC hire deal fell through. Most likely Gunderson is out then? Fun times at Cal as per usual.
JB was a Chieftain
Econ141 said:

User eastcoastcal in another thread posted a Twitter user (Avinash) saying that an OC hire deal fell through. Most likely Gunderson is out then? Fun times at Cal as per usual.

Tweet has been deleted now
Shocky1
write for california is basically a clueless bunch of dumb azzs with zero sources within the football program & the athletic department, they do bleed blue & gold so that's a good thing
Econ141
Thanks all - whoever we end up getting, I hope it happens fast so we don't lost any players. We need optimism for immediate improvement especially for all the young talent we have on the team.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

la familia de schulzie update:

my son just got down on one knee & his engagement ring was accepted on the beachy shoreline of lake tahoe, she's a very kind sweetheart (and a dr too)...he (mid /late 20s) bought his 1st house this summer (with zero financial assistance from his dad) in the kinda scruffy emerging arcadia lite (22nd street & thomas) neighborhood

what's is like having dinner with my kidz?

shocky opens his mouth, probably to innocuously order water for the table or something & the following **** happens

my son & his future wife break into big smiles & knowingly say to each other "here we go"

my kinda grumpy/argumentative 1st year denver law daughter shay says "seriously hope your not going to do or say anything that's going to embarrass everybody at this table" while picking up her cosmopolitan

taylor excitedly says "hold on, dad, let me get my phone out first" while reaching for her clutch

go bears

2022 summer of love (who do u love?)#
it's a rare drizzly (but not cold) afternoon in the desert & ima doing the hang at my son's new house...his fiance got the cal vs arizona game on tv (with the sound off) because of me but reality is that ima more interested in talking to both of them & playing on the floor/sofa with their 2 rescue cats suki & pickles which is kinda weird for someone who once went to 150+ cal basketball games (both in berkeley & on the road) in a row as part of his responsibilities for cal's monster class

son: dad, check out how literally every seat in tuscon is taken and most of the fans are standing and yelling, it reminds me of what it was like when we used to go to basketball games in berkeley

shocky (with a sigh): that was a long time ago, that was before the t-rexs became extinct

son: it wasn't that long ago

shocky: it just doesn't matter anymore, anyways this was just a trap game for the bears

son: what's a trap game?

shocky: it's when you look past the team you are playing, the bears during this perfect season got their big game on december 7th against eastern washington circled on the calendar

son: ok, let's check out what we're doing in the back yard with the grill and the fence, do you think strings of lights would look good?

shocky: the austin 6th street vibe is always a good thing

this is cal basketball (there are no more monsters, where's eric mcdonough?)#
Shocky1
unconfirmed rumour: cal's blue chip athletic department is gonna be offering collectible bobbleheads of james arthur knowlton to the first 300 fans (basically half of the expected crowd) for the december 7th showdown with northern washington in what is projected to be an epic battle in this perfect record season

vote for andrew mcgraw for athletic director#
89Bear
Shockey now what?
JTfromClash
Think Avi gets his info from Rivals.
89Bear
Time to shut down the thread and BB and FB programs????
Vote for putting everyone out of their misery!!
NVBear78
As frustrating as this is we are still going to find a good OC and OL coach and greatly improve our offense. It is frustrating to deal with this hiccup but we are going to move forward. We don't know what happened yet and I always try not to form strong opinions until I have more knowledge of the circumstances.

Go Bears!
Goobear
89Bear said:

You can just delete the application from your device if you so desire….
89Bear
Maybe if the Berkeley High School JV running back coach isn't busy he can become a part time OC for the Bears while he takes classes at Laney?
89Bear
Goobear said:

89Bear said:

You can just delete the application from your device if you so desire
Nope. Gonna keep posting about the incompetence.
Maybe Rollo will come here. Your idol from Mater Dei.
Econ141
NVBear78 said:

As frustrating as this is we are still going to find a good OC and OL coach and greatly improve our offense. It is frustrating to deal with this hiccup but we are going to move forward. We don't know what happened yet and I always try not to form strong opinions until I have more knowledge of the circumstances.

Go Bears!

I don't get it - so writeforcalifornia is right? We lost Gunderson?
BulaBear3cubs
I bet UCLA matched our offer, they know they need top recruiters and coaches going into the Big10.
Shocky1
cal's 2023 season opener in denton texas just gotta lotta easier as north texas (7-6 this season) fired head coach seth littrell (bowl games in 6 of his 7 seasons) ahead of the mean green's upcoming frisco bowl against boise state

yeah there's gonna be a new head coach with a brand new staff with schematics, etc.

moo#
oskidunker
89Bear said:

Maybe.
Go Bears!
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

cal's 2023 season opener in denton texas just gotta lotta easier as north texas (7-6 this season) fired head coach seth littrell (bowl games in 6 of his 7 seasons) ahead of the mean green's ahead of the upcoming frisco bowl against boise state

yeah there's gonna be a new head coach with a brand new staff with schematics, etc.

moo#

Or maybe it got a whole lot harder as 7-6 is clearly not good enough for them while we are A-OK with losing record coaches.
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Shockey now what?
i dunno maybe u could do some deep breathing exercises or something?

palming some azz can also be a solid stress reliever

disclaimer : dr shock is not medically board certified in most countries#
Shocky1
Goobear said:

89Bear said:

You can just delete the application from your device if you so desire….
but what about those that r wanted in 2 states that can't move wrong & that only get computer privileges at shankville max correctional center on tuesday & thursday mornings between 10:00 to 11:00 am?
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Maybe if the Berkeley High School JV running back coach isn't busy he can become a part time OC for the Bears while he takes classes at Laney?
how much does this guy make, would an all access berkeley parking pass sweeten the deal?

bidding wars#
Econ141
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

the monster's rankings of offensive coordinator candidates:

1) scott huff (39 years old, $708,000): best person on planet earth to recruit & develop cal's monster offensive line

2) brennan marion (35 years old, $400,000): go go innovator, would coach wilcox's head explode?

3) ryan gunderson (36 years old, $400,000): charismatic recruiter, passing game innovator at sjsu before becoming ucla qb coach

4) gj kinne (34 years old, $1,000,000+ at texas state): great interview with coach wilcox, rising superstar, new head coach at texas state

there are a lot of balls in the air & fierce bidding wars being fought that are led by athletic directors that are 100% focused on winning football programs

not gonna name names (so need to censor this post) but there has been a fake news insiders rumour the last couple days that cal "got enough money" for the offensive coordinator hire, that is absolutely & unequivocally not true at this exact moment

james arthur knowlton is not all in with the cal football program which means he wants the coaching dollar funds to primarily come from donors as opposed to using department funds that he would rather allocate/misspend on sports that very few people give a **** about

just to make this very clear our con artist athletic director jimmy "shell game" k is tryna make critical hires on the cheap while he build out his quidditch facility

the nation's best athletic directors at p5 schools ask the head football coach, "who is your top target for the offensive coordinator position & how much money do we need to spend?" in their quest to secure elite coaching talent in the next 5 minutes

Ethan1987
Shocky1! You were the one who said Sturdivant wasn't going to be effective. Now he's going to Florida!

Gkhoury2325
Do you mean he entered the transfer portal and is going to Florida?
Ethan1987
Do you know @Shocky1
Shocky1
Ethan1987 said:

Shocky1! You were the one who said Sturdivant wasn't going to be effective. Now he's going to Florida!
ethan (who signed up for this site today & got a total of 3 posts all of which are directed at me), the monster has always been jmike's biggest fan particularly after meeting some of his fam on gamedays this season but can u confirm if shelly is gonna go with him to biscayne bay where the cuban gentlemen sleep all day?

https://instagr.am/p/CZHsXVGJsJr
dinner plans at sexy fish on brickell avenue (sure beats fish nite in the berkeley dorms)#
Shocky1
Ethan1987 said:

Do you know @Shocky1
ethan, shocky only knows 2 things for sure in life, u (and everyone associated with write for california) & jimmy "shell game" k are dumb azzs

that's kinda a backwards compliment, dumb azzs r smarter than dumb *****

revenge of the candy azz soft nerds#
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 310

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.