cal's monster offensive line

1,532,663 Views | 9985 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

koream, gotta luv tony as he's a longtime reader of cal's monster class but that boy is kinda cray cray...unlike the highly regarded mike bloesch who is 37 years old & currently makes $275,000

the monster is kransy's source for everything (well, not the drugs) & that's not a good thing...but at least he's fun which wuz not my experience on the very serious premium board

welcome to berkeley cal's new offensive line coach mike bloesch, you are the new worldwide leader of cal's monster offensive line

bloesch served as the north texas offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach and in 2021 mentored one of the top offensive line units in the nation as the mean green ranked 5th in the nation is rushing at a ******* bad azz 234.1 yards per game on the ground

prior to north texas he coached the tulsa offensive line for 4 years during which time he coached up 4 separate o-linemen to all american athletic conference honors

back in the day bloesch started a strong man 37 consecutive games at guard at his alma mater houston

mike & his wife lexi are moving to the bay area with their 2 children beau & drew
https://instagr.am/p/ChasJpDLrgT

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B76tXBZn215
mike, the good news is that ima gonna be ur north scottsdale based analyst for cal's monster offensive line plus ima gonna make sure u get a pack of 20% coupons when u get go to the supercuts on shattuck, ok?

let's start with recruiting, spend 30 minutes & read this entire cal's monster offensive line thread, ok?...and then share with future head coach in waiting mike saffell a career development plan...and speak to brian johnson re: what you'd like the winter s&c conditioning program to look like for the o-line room

helpful hints: **** costs more in the bay area then denton & keep the country music on mute when ur around spencer lovell cuz he moonlights as the lead singer for before the dawn

let's ******* go (sleep is for losers)#
WalterSobchak
Real talk Mike move your family to Danville and they'll barely be able to tell they're not in DFW anymore. Hit me up and I'll buy you a beer at the carwash. Just ask Colin and Jackson, they know where it is.
Shocky1
mike, time management is gonna be really intense the next couple of weeks so just nod & smile when coach wilcox talks to you but more importantly just make sure you consult cal's monster offensive line a couple of times a day for instructions, ok?

so when you say goodbye to your mean green o-line room, pay close attention to whatever 6'3" 303 lbs left guard gabe blair says during the conversation, he grew up 5 minutes from the north texas campus, is he potentially interested in a west coast adventure or is his moms just gonna do his laundry until he's 37 or something?

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/quiet-north-texas-offensive-lineman-gabe-blairs-play-speaking-volumes-in-freshman-season/article_e0732409-e082-59df-9348-1d3ec34a434c.html

blair got an offer from usc out of high school, started 11 of 12 games as a true freshman in 2021 & this season started every game while earning 1st team all conference honors

texas to cal (kicking tires)?#
Shocky1
mike, checked your 3 high school offensive line commitments for the 2023 class, none of them got high enough gpas for the #1 ranked public university in the world

flip or flop not gonna happen#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

top 10 major factors that are impacting the ascension of cal's monster offensive line

1) coach mcclure's development of players is not working, at season's end fully expect him to be replaced as the offensive line coach...his son malcolm as a hard working walk on linebacker will be the angus legacy in berkeley & it's my understanding this will not affect the 4.0 gpa sioape vatikani's thirst to tap into his unlimited potential nfl upside as an offensive guard for the bears & earn a berkeley degree...big time talents jackson brown & trent ramsey also picked cal for reasons beyond the position coach, this trifecta of true freshmen are the future of cal's monster offensive line

2) coach wilcox's dumb azz scholly allocation decisions that resulted in this year's o-line room with only 14 schollys, this needs to be rightsized to 16 with the 2023 class...4.0 gpa isaiah kema & 3.88 gpa austin boyd are huge priorities for the 2023 class

3) s&c coach brian johnson's current program with respects to bend, flexibility & quick twitch movements for the o-line room is not working, he either needs to be replaced (which will never happen with justin's loyalty which supersedes making tough staff decisions that result in more victories) or his o-line development needs to be reviewed by outside nfl/collegiate experts & significantly revamped including yoga

4) as coach wilcox has his year end conversations with all players re: which seniors will walk with their families/friends prior to the ucla game, the very uncomfortable but necessary conversations with several of the current scholly o-line members needs to happen...focusing on academics solely in berkeley and/or medically retiring should be options presented during these discussions...it should be noted as a potential clue that there were several missing bears in the "name the bears" dinner contest almost won by harebear

5) recruiting is the solution to improving the talent level in the o-line room, mike saffell got the smarts & relentless energy to get this figured out in a much greater role within the program...the hiring of a new offensive coordinator that don't talk to prospects like it's still 1950 with tired cliches will infuse much needed energy into offensive line prospect recruiting for 2024

6) grayshirt nick morrow (his high school coach told me he weighed 265 lbs this summer) got more foot speed than any of the current offensive linemen but can he build his 6'8" frame to 300+ lbs & be ready to compete in the 2023 spring camp?

7) fully expect ben coleman's nfl dad to recommend a return to berkeley for next season, be needs to become more athletic/quick twitch to get paid in the national football league...with 100+ starts in the nfl, ben sr's feedback re: the next offensive line coach should be sought by coach wilcox

8) will matthew cindric return for a 6th season & complete his current 2 year education master's program?...the nfl is not an option at this time so cindo can either retire, enter the transfer portal & take his chances trying to start elsewhere (which will not be guaranteed unless he steps down to a mid major program) or return to berkeley?

9) brayden rhome (who lost weight from an illness prior to last spring's ball) cannot play again next season as an undersized 285 lbs, that is not acceptable...brayden needs to play at 300+ lbs if he is to succeed as a 2023 starting tackle in the pac 12

10) brian driscoll's attitude needs to move from la jolla to national city...if this offseason he robs a gas station & pistol whips someone at a campus party those will be taken as positive signs for our future hollywood oscar winning sci fi executive producer

shut up, shocky (it's the summer of love)#

mike, this was written 30 days ago but all of it is 100% accurate except the dumb azz comment in point #7 that ben coleman was gonna return to berkeley

point #3 should be enhanced to emphasize that currently untapped potential tj session (lacks strength & mobility right now to be an effective pac 12 starter) & zeus built granite mountain man spencer lovell (lacks the quick twitch movements necessary to play in space) need all galaxy effort & results during the upcoming winter conditioning

regarding point #10 if you don't know where la jollla & national city are on a map, just hit me up & we'll get this geography sorted out together, my son's wedding is gonna be in carlsbad (shocky loves the obstacle car course at legoland, so proud getting my driver's license with the other 9 year old boys & girls) next year

monsters r friendly/helpful (they just gotta bad reputations kinda like them misunderstood coyotes)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

what up sbgold?...there's zero chance that hank the stank who is very proficient at completing long passes out of bounds & last game completed 13 of 34 passes for 93 yards & an unreal 19.1 qb rating is gonna end up in berkeley unless billy m feels like he need a jv qb for the devo squad or something, ok?

the #1 quarterback on the staff's big board is 6'2" 190 lbs cj tiller whose dad's upscale home renovation biz resulted in the fam moving from gilbert arizona to rancho cucamonga cali & is currently committed to boise state

cj is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.17 gpa and plays with a lot of improvisational foxy moxy kinda like jake haener...but more importantly he got great hair & a yoga hairstylist

cj & his parents are gonna officially visit the blue carpet this friday nite for the san diego state game but whose gonna explain the schemes since the offensive coordinator got fired on monday when he refused to bench hank the stank?

they are gonna see in person all world freshman quarterback 6'6" +1 athlete taylen green who is the next kap & gonna be the starting qb the next couple of years in freezing azz boise before heading to the nfl

it should be noted that the bose sound system degree is kinda worthless, they not even listed in the current forbes top 500+ college rankings

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked university in the world (including the victoria promenade mall)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

cj tiller decommitment watch#
cj, serious question, has a true student athlete with a 4.17 gpa ever gone to boise state?

the definition of crazy is going to an academically mediocre school in order to play in the freezing azz snow that's a 852 mile drive vs an hour flight to oakland on southwest for your dad on gamedays

taylen green=graduates in 2025#

Shocky1

fastest wide receiver in cali?#
NVBear78
Shocky1 said:

fastest wide receiver in cali?#

Speaking of Hunter check out this scouting review. I agree with Greg R, he sounds like a larger but raw version of Mavin Anderson. Cant wait to see him develop in Spav's offense under tutelage of Toler. Check out Toler's great development with our current crew!

Thickly built receiver prospect who plays with a low center of gravity that has some bounciness to his game. Measures in at 6-foot-1, 195 pounds with a 6-foot-1 wingspan. Outstanding long speed, looks like he is gliding when he strides out. Ran an incredible 10.73 100m and an equally impressive 21.91 200m during his junior track and field season. Ran an electronically-timed 4.53 40-yard dash and an impressive 7.12 3-cone during the spring camp circuit prior to his senior season. Also jumped a 30-inch vertical and a 9-foot-2 broad jump during that same camp period. Springy player that shows off his explosiveness with the ball in his hands as he hurdles defenders or when he goes to high point the football. Lacks ideal length but makes up for it with his speed and bounce. Need to see more consistency when it comes to catching the ball away from his body, but flashes the ability to do it at times. High floor player who could become an immediate role player at the next level while he develops more consistent hands.

WalterSobchak
Not to put too much pressure on the young man but the comparison I see in terms of build + speed is Debo.
Shocky1
nv & chak, 100% agreed that nyziah hunter is an all american level talent wideout but not a fan of his just gliding home for the touchdown instead of sprinting, he's just that fast

and yeah the cal softball team should be actively scouting 4.35 gpa marley panziera from the california storm in order to save gas money on driving from salinas to berkeley on gamedays

it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's nyziah hunter snagging a one handed pass & taking it 73 yards to the ******* house at memorial stadium!

Shocky1
another major california golden bears recruiting exclusive announcement:

in addition to kaylin moore last nite, the staff secured a 2nd commitment from an elite defensive back who is notifying his other schools of his decision to attend the #1 ranked public university in the world before going public

lockdown corners (throw ur diamonds in the sky if u feel the vibe)#

Shocky1
chabot jc tackle eliesa pole commits to washington state
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

6' 185 lbs portal transfer nohl williams from unlv & pacifica high school in oxnard is official visiting berkeley this weekend

nohl is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.61 gpa in high school & has been a multiple time all academic mountain west honoree

lockdown corner with 3 interceptions last season, williams plays with an extremely high football iq which is a valued trait by the staff's 3 musketeers, the non cali board certified law firm of brown, watson & brown

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states (including the pacific coast highway)

congratulations to nohl williams on his commitment to them california golden bears
NVBear78
So we just signed two, count'em two new Cornerback in the portal who started for their former teams last year.

I would say our Portal recruiting is off to a MONSTER start.

In honor of this thread if we can do the same with OT's and OG's soon we will be well on our way to a MOSTER season in 2023.....

Go Bears and Go MONSTER
tequila4kapp
Shocky1 said:

and yeah the cal softball team should be actively scouting 4.35 gpa marley panziera from the california storm in order to save gas money on driving from salinas to berkeley on gamedays
Good luck here with this one. I put the coaches on a '2022 LHP who eventually signed with Florida State and likely the best west coast C in the 2023 class - both from Portland - and all it got me was a solicitation to contribute coin to the program
89Bear
Do the new portal guys have to sit out a season? Can't keep up with the rules anymore.
Shocky1
tequila, thx for the funny story, marley's recruitment is way more important to nyziah than the monster
Shocky1
89, no waiting around, both nohl williams & kaylin moore will be enrolling in berkeley this january & immediately immersed in winter conditioning

both nohl & kaylin are high football iq players with a great feel for the game as experienced collegiate starting lockdown corners...kaylin's dad kelvin played in the nfl for the cincinnati bengals back in the day & his uncle travis played in both the nfl & cfl

matched up with fast closing speed corner sailasa vadrawale, the 2023 defensive backs recruiting has been spectacular in accomplishing its goals of targeting high gpa impact immediate playing time corners/nickels

congrats to the the cali disbarred law firm of brown, watson & brown along with marshall, benji & the relentless ben gaus
89Bear
Love Cam Sidney's high school career and potential!!! Looks like defensive backfield is looking deep and talented.
Shocky1
this video fully explains why cal's monster granite encrusted offensive line lacked bend, mobility & quick twitch movements this season & also why both shocky & jaylen brown got yoga practices

mike bloesch, r u an innovator?#
rkt88edmo
I love the Monster O-Line and also that is isn't so focused it can't call out the love for what's happening at the other positions.

ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!
Shocky1
new offensive line coach mike bloesch has included me in his introductory twitter chat with cal's monster offensive line, he is sharing this video to indoctrinate his expectations for relentless energy & violence during 2023 spring ball

ima the monster and i approve this message#
Shocky1
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B8FaO5vHD-f
nohl williams (3.61 gpa), corner back
kaylin moore (3.4 gpa), corner back
frederick williams iii (3.6 gpa), strong side defensive end
zurich ashford (3.62 gpa), defensive end
ben marshall (3.5 gpa), tight end
ryan mcculloch (4.1 gpa), edge defender
tiumalu afalava (4.1 gpa), defensive end
cade uluave (3.85 gpa), outside linebacker
sailasa vadrawale (3.46 gpa), cornerback
nyziah hunter (3.0+ gpa), wide receiver
nick morrow (3.7 gpa), offensive tackle (grayshirt, will arrive in january)
michael luckhurst (4.37 gpa), kicker (already on roster as walk on, will take longhetto's scholly in january)

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states of america
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

yeah scholly roster math is fun, shocky's favorite teacher at dixie (kinda an odd name for a school in marin county, maybe should be changed to the stinson beach arts & seawood) elementary school back in the day was miss jones (she always tole me i wuz her favorite student & i believed her, always wanted to kiss her but that never happened)

so in 5th grade miss jones had mark bernadetti who was kinda a **** up sit next to me hoping my academic ambition would rub off on him or something

mark tells me later in the school year when we're shooting hoops together at recess that he actually hated me at 1st but grew to like me over time (a common theme in my life), he also told me about his initial conversation with miss jones re: the seating move

miss jones: mark, i'd like you to sit by shocky for the rest of the school year, he's pretty good in helping with math homework

mark: what?...i don't like shocky at all, he thinks he knows everything

miss jones (a curvy brunette yoga female in her early 20s): how do you know that shocky doesn't know everything?

shut up, shocky#
scholly roster math update (ncca maximum allocation is 85):

at this exact moment in time the program got 12 new schollys accounted for the 2023 season per the above gpa post

heading into this weekend's big recruiting weekend (which got pushed back 2 weeks ago due to the offensive coordinator, offensive line coach & tight ends coach job fairs at the holiday inn in emeryville) the current targeted number of new 2023 scholly is 17 which could change at a moment's notice (such as if a legit quarterback or apex predator edge defender talent shows late interest in the bears)...the additional 5 schollys (17-12=5) would likely be allocated as follows:

2 for cal's monster offensive line, asu's ben scott is the most likely portal transfer
1 for running back, either oregon transfer byron cardwell or javian "the jet" thomas from mack
1 for longsnapper, the nation's #1 ranked ls david bird
1 for punter, tulsa transfer lachlan wilson

so the bears gotta clear space for 17 new schollys, got it?

right now the bears got the following announced scholly departures:

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
orin patu, edge defender...portal
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla
trey paster, linebacker...portal
ben coleman, guard...portal
keleki latu, tight end...portal
chris street, running back...portal
damien moore, running back...portal
decarlos brooks, running back...portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...portal to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...portal

so that's 14 accounted departures, 17-14=3 more departures are needed...there are 3 buried on the depth chart inside linebackers that are finishing their degrees after 4 years in berkeley, math equation solved

where it gets interesting is if coach browning wanna bring in another defensive tackle, bring in a lighter guy & develop him weight wise to the necessary size to bang inside in the pac 12...at that point does wide receiver mason magnum (who participated in track events over spring football) just finish out his final year in berkeley on a track scholly, does special teams standout nick altfin get a 6th year or does berkeley grad wide receiver monroe young (who got sticky fingers & is also the wr rooms best blocker) seek more snaps elsewhere?...or is there attrition from a mystery man?

yeah scholly math is fun (and it's probably gonna change in 5 minutes from right now)
Rushinbear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

yeah scholly roster math is fun, shocky's favorite teacher at dixie (kinda an odd name for a school in marin county, maybe should be changed to the stinson beach arts & seawood) elementary school back in the day was miss jones (she always tole me i wuz her favorite student & i believed her, always wanted to kiss her but that never happened)

so in 5th grade miss jones had mark bernadetti who was kinda a **** up sit next to me hoping my academic ambition would rub off on him or something

mark tells me later in the school year when we're shooting hoops together at recess that he actually hated me at 1st but grew to like me over time (a common theme in my life), he also told me about his initial conversation with miss jones re: the seating move

miss jones: mark, i'd like you to sit by shocky for the rest of the school year, he's pretty good in helping with math homework

miss jones (a curvy brunette yoga female in her early 20s): how do you know that shocky doesn't know everything?

shut up, shocky#

at this exact moment in time the program got 12 new schollys accounted for the 2023 season per the above gpa post

heading into this weekend's big recruiting weekend (which got pushed back 2 weeks ago due to the offensive coordinator, offensive line coach & tight ends coach job fairs at the holiday inn in emeryville) the current targeted number of new 2023 scholly is 17 which could change at a moment's notice (such as if a legit quarterback or apex predator edge defender talent shows late interest in the bears)...the additional 5 schollys (17-12=5) would likely be allocated as follows:

2 for cal's monster offensive line, asu's ben scott is the most likely portal transfer
1 for running back, either oregon transfer bryce cardwell or javian "the jet" thomas from mack

so that's 14 accounted departure, 17-14=3 more departures are needed...there are 3 buried on the depth chart inside linebackers that are finishing their degrees after 4 years in berkeley, math equation solved

where it gets interesting is if coach browning wanna bring in another defensive tackle, bring in a lighter guy & develop him weight wise to the necessary size to bang inside in the pac 12...at that point does wide receiver mason magnum (who participated in track events over spring football) just finish out his final year in berkeley on a track scholly, does special teams standout nick altfin get a 6th year or does berkeley grad wide receiver monroe young (who got sticky fingers & is also the wr rooms best blocker) seek more snaps elsewhere?...or is there attrition from a mystery man?

yeah scholly math is fun (and it's probably gonna change in 5 minutes from right now)
do we have 4 de commits, one of whom is a PWO? Is that what i'm seeing?
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

shut up, shocky#

1 for running back, either oregon transfer bryce cardwell or javian "the jet" thomas from mack

so that's 14 accounted departure, 17-14=3 more departures are needed...there are 3 buried on the depth chart inside linebackers that are finishing their degrees after 4 years in berkeley, math equation solved

I think there is more attrition coming. No names but I would be surprised if the program does not end up closer to 20.
Shocky1
rushin, all of the names referenced in the gpa & math posts are scholly players, there are no references to pwos

the key trend with respects to schollys is the rightisizing reallocation by rooms, the overstocked linebacking room is being downsized while the defensive back room is growing in numbers

hopefully cal's monster offensive line room can grow from last season's insufficient 14 schollys
Rushinbear
Shocky1 said:

rushin, all of the names referenced in the gpa & math posts are scholly players, there are no references to pwos

the key trend with respects to schollys is the rightisizing reallocation by rooms, the overstocked linebacking room is being downsized while the defensive back room is growing in numbers

hopefully cal's monster offensive line room can grow from last season's insufficient 14 schollys
Re rb's: I thought 6 was the right number. Now, we're down 2. What's the plan?

I agree that OL room was light, but is 16 enough, esp in re existing talent?

PS What's the score on Swinney? He came in with high hopes, then it seemed 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. He was tried at C with much hope, then everywhere else. He seems to have size and agility.
Shocky1

the university of texas, berkeley#
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

new offensive line coach mike bloesch has included me in his introductory twitter chat with cal's monster offensive line, he is sharing this video to indoctrinate his expectations for relentless energy & violence during 2023 spring ball

ima the monster and i approve this message#
Gutty little Bruins fans did not do well there
Shocky1
rushin, we're actually down 3 running backs of which 2 of them damien moore & chris street are departing berkeley without degrees which is really sad cuz neither one of them got the speed that is necessary to get paid in the national football league...with the bears on the schedule hoping cal grad decarlos brooks runs wild on mill avenue with its tempe 12 showstoppers this season except for our game

there's only 1 football, 6 is no longer the right number, maybe it wuz back in the day where u waited ur turn patiently until ur number wuz called but these days elite running back talent wanna be showcased for the nfl, 4 is the rite number now (more than 4 is just gonna result in a lotta unhappy backups) with ideally 1 of those 4 a blue shirting freshman with 3 electric backs like jaydn ott, ashton hayes & ashton stredick (will be coaching malpractice if he is not awarded a 2023 football scholly after this spring) knowing they gonna get snaps & touches every game

the days of stockpiling scholly running backs r over

gimme the ball, u got action (gimme the goods, half the action, u get the chance to getaway, for me it's too late)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CiS7c0WJln5
rushin, bastian swinney from interlachen high school gotta lotta upside but he's gotta be healthy, hopefully he's gonna compete for a starting job this spring

https://instagr.am/p/BoJseINlLpG
the university of california, berkeley=the #1 ranked public university in the world (including the land of 10,076 lakes & **** like that)
Rushinbear
Shocky1 said:

rushin, we're actually down 3 running backs of which 2 of them damien moore & chris street are departing berkeley without degrees which is really sad cuz neither one of them got the speed that is necessary to get paid in the national football league...with the bears not on the schedule hoping cal grad decarlos brooks runs wild on mill avenue with its tempe 12 showstoppers this season

there's only 1 football, 6 is no longer the right number, maybe it wuz back in the day where u waited ur turn patiently until ur number wuz called but these days elite running back talent wanna be showcased for the nfl, 4 is the rite number now (more than 4 is just gonna result in a lotta unhappy backups) with ideally 1 of those 4 a blue shirting freshman with 3 electric backs like jaydn ott, ashton hayes & ashton stredick (will be coaching malpractice if he is not awarded a 2023 football scholly after this spring) knowing they gonna get snaps & touches every game

the days of stockpiling scholly running backs r over

gimme the ball, u got action (gimme the goods, half the action, u get the chance to getaway, for me it's too late)#

Agree on all accounts, assuming a healthy rb room. It's the position most prone to injury, I think.
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 286

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.