cal's monster offensive line

1,379,810 Views | 9321 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
son51, back in the day before the shockster got involved with almost daily glimpses into the athletic department during the cal's monster class era, it seemed to me that the fact that many athletic departments around the country promoted their former football head coaches to the athletic director position wuz just the crony "good ol boy" network

but now after seeing the devastating intentional impact of the con artist & his #2 jennifer simon-o'neil (executive senior associate athletic director) upon football & basketball (that 90% of the fanbase only care about) in diverting precious finite dollars & resources (such as facilities & staffing) away from these revenue sports to their favored olympic sports my position of this has evolved over time

donations these days even to specific sports such as men's excellence in basketball (meb) just result in knowlton funding less the program in order to pay for his financially unsustainable 30+ sports which very few fans actually care about outside of the athletes and their families & friends

powerhouse football & basketball schools that compete for championships don't wanna take a chance with turning the keys over to someone like the con artist who resents those sports

and that's why andrew mcgraw is the best candidate to become the next athletic director for them california golden bears, did u know he wuz a key figure in the successful recruitment of ashtyn davis of the new york jets?
calumnus
Econ141 said:

calumnus said:

sonofabear51 said:

I like one of the last comments on that thread: 'LET HIM COOK'. I agree, and let him twist in the wind. The truth eventually comes out.

I'm glad this is finally all coming to light but it was obvious from the beginning, instead of praising him and defending him, people needed say something before tge 8 year extension.

I'm not sure the heat is high enough. He's still going to events and taking photo opps all the whole searching for our next disastrous head coach for mbb.

Agreed. And what is the significance of spending $2 million on an outside law firm to investigate McKeever, but doing the follow-up of Knowlton in-house? (Or am I wrong and they hired an outside firm again?).
Shocky1

bears defeat the sun devils 4-3 in the series opener, notice how excitedly coach spencer (the best women's coach in the department) celebrates with elon butler which results in a high wattage smile of happiness from her student athlete

yeah playing sports is supposed to be ******* fun, chelsea gets that

a player's program#
sonofabear51
Calumnus, agreed totally. I think it's just scratching the surface at this point. He is such a jackass, but that is an insult to jackasses everywhere, as his ears are too short and I don't think jackasses behave the way he does. He is disgraceful.
Start Slowly and taper off
Econ141
Hmmm ...

Shocky1

yeah australians got good energy n r real friendly particularly at melbourne's langham hotel which got a monster buffet on the top floor with dizzying views of the clouds which r so ******* gorgeous

https://instagr.am/p/Cl8d3EaOoff

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including down under for the sofa king in his safe zone)
Bowlesman80
eastcoastcal said:

Wow, if true, I can't stay on the fence, here.
#LetGoKnowlton
"Just win, baby."
Bowlesman80
Econ141 said:

Hmmm ...

There's no doubt of it.
We need to be like Oregon State.
#LikeTheBeavers
"Just win, baby."
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CSPZSips42t
what up bowlesly?

you rode ur blue bike from your en suite residence at bardessono (you look forward to your afternoon naps in the outdoor hammocks on property) to get some tasty treats at bouchon bakery for you & oski during his stay at the silverado institute for healthy living & rehab center before your evening shift as maitre d at the french laundry (you sold blackmarket reservations for $300 "gratuities") where you worked with your girlfriend a curvy brunette yoga female waitress (nice slides in the foto above) which you thought wuz a secret until her police sergeant husband with the napa county policy department pulled you over on a routine traffic stop & planted a suitcase of coke on you which resulted in a 18 year sentence at san quentin where you volunteered for library shifts so you could livestream from the prison's computers cal football on saturdays from memorial stadium so you could watch jaydn ott take pitchouts for multiple 65+ yard epic touchdown sweeps behind a newly energized cindo led cal's monster's offensive line in an epic victory against auburn which made for a great day until your new cellmate tapped you on the shoulder at 2:24 am & tole you he wanna do yoga with you

how we doing on this, is the monster rite or is the monster rite?
look bowlesly, the good news is that there r not many fences in yountville plus sitting on a fence sounds kinda painful or something

the reality is that as credible stories accumulate re: the con artist, a clear picture starts to emerge re: the truth

just like the players, their families & coaches and staff members who worked with wyking jones tole me he wuz not "a good guy" or "just in over his head as the head coach" but actually a really bad dude, that fake narrative sold about jones wuz never true

jones only got the job cuz his wife estrella (they r now divorced) & her sister (a prominent berkeley professor in african american studies) successfully lobbied in a major conflict the hiring of wyking

and then after sending theo home from maui, the bears got blown out by d2 chaminade with his players refusing to even look him in the eye when subbing in/out of the game thereby allowing wyking to set the all time record for the quickest losing of a team by a new head coach in the history of college basketball tho the fox might be a contender with his introductory speech to the team during which he established he wuz never gonna be a player's coach

after the chaminade game on the way to kapalua plantation for an afternoon walking 18 holes with slim wadie, shocky called jay john & tole him he wuz done with cal basketball & turned in his floor seats

and now 6 years later (and attending only game during that time, the fun solo stormin' the floor victory with taylor in our old seats, while instead focusing on fundraising millions for animal advocacy in maricopa county) a new head coach is gonna be given the keys to the cal basketball program which got an unlimited upside with the right energy/leadership
Shocky1
Bowlesman80 said:

There's no doubt of it.
#LikeTheBeavers

agreed, let's change berkeley admissions to accept any offensive lineman with a gpa over 2.3

go beavers (to bandon dunes)#
Bowlesman80
Shocky1 said:

Bowlesman80 said:

There's no doubt of it.
#LikeTheBeavers

agreed, let's change berkeley admissions to accept any offensive lineman with a gpa over 2.3

go beavers (to bandon dunes)#

Thanks for the intermittently cogent rambles. We need to be like Oregon State and coach up a better game, starting with line. 2.3 gpa sounds like Utah.
"Just win, baby."
Shocky1
2,3 gpa sounds like honor roll territory at oregon

medford truck stock late nite shift supervisor#
Big C
Bowlesman80 said:

eastcoastcal said:

#LetGoKnowlton

Hey, maybe those closest to Wilcox all call him "Tim"!

Hey, maybe I will be the next star offensive tackle for the Bears! (similar chance)
Shocky1

california golden bears 2
arizona state sun devils 0

the magic of cal basketball (is living within cal softball, a player's program)#
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

california golden bears 2
arizona state sun devils 0

the magic of cal basketball (is living within cal softball, a player's program)#

Cal softball making a move

Bowlesman80
Big C said:

Bowlesman80 said:

eastcoastcal said:

#LetGoKnowlton

Hey, maybe those closest to Wilcox all call him "Tim"!

Hey, maybe I will be the next star offensive tackle for the Bears! (similar chance)
Brutal.
Bearing in mind that we just got 1-2 transfers from Oregon State.

Back in the 70s, Oregon State was a lock win, but look what they have done these past two decades with as few or less resources as we. Only foolish Bears look past Oregon State these days and if their APR is atrocious to enable their success, then it will surely come out, eventually.
"Just win, baby."
philbert
Did he really pull his name out or was he not offered the job?

eastcoastcal
unbelievable
Econ141
Welp- we are officially less attractive than UCSB. Great job getting it done Knowlton.
NVBear78
Hoping this means he just learned we are hiring someone else, like AAR.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Oakbear said:

What, me worry? (with apologies to Mad magazine)
https://instagr.am/p/CZUlDjQrySJ
the reality is that the con artist is indisputably the worst athletic director in the united states of america & its territories including ibiza

knowlton's stakeholder power comes from lying to the 78 year old benevolent christ re: the northwestern athletic director recruiting process (he wuz never gonna be hired according to my golf buddy at chicago golf club who is a longtime trustee) & false narratives such as mark fox is "hard working" (the least visible hc in the nation on the aau circuit) & that "he's liked by his players" (again 100% not true according to players, their families & former coaches) which are repeated by his dumb as **** minions/enablers

shocky is not listening to any of their ****

the con artist shell game didn't work again

instead of not extending fox's contract thereby obligating the athletic department (and wasted donor monies) for another $3,000,000+ total buyout or firing fox back in december & getting a back channel deal communicated thru roxy in place then with joe pasternack, knowlton opted to **** around & go thru his "thoughtful and considered" process

honestly if u taught a cautionary class re: ineffective administrative bureaucracy at its worst, u would invite james arthur knowlton as the guest speaker

so there's not gonna be no ajay mitchell in berkeley, scoring 50+ ppg this upcoming season in november is gonna be challenging

still waiting for the bearinsider.com interview with the con artist or an editorial piece asking for his termination if as a public servant he declines to transparently share what's going on or wants to play dodge ball with pre agreed upon questions, etc.

**** cal's monster class#

Shocky1
Quote:

Perhaps JP agreed to the extension at UCSB after learning he was not getting the Cal offer, which could mean we've found our coach.
Nope - JP didn't want to get strung out, felt he had a clear decisive interview with a successful plan in place. Yet JK and his internal person in the dept who sat in, did not get back to Him as the past couple of days went by. To be clear, this was a blown opportunity. My guess is Stan Johnson gets it(don't know just a guess) as there is pressure to hire a Black coach. And if that coach is the best candidate, excellent. Disappointing that JK once again has dropped the ball.

JP had 2 interviews and had stated his position/plan clearly. UCSB did revise his contract and had been totally supportive of him thru out the process. JP felt that it was taking too long and He was being strung out (fact) and yes He felt JK had an agenda to hire a different coach. And not all people in JK's ear were Joe supporters. Enough said as this is a message board and I don't want to lob in any inflammatory statements - true as they might be. Its just very disappointing because to turn around this mess of a program, it is going to require significant NIL monies, and very close relationships with Oakland Soldiers/Prolific Prep as well as tight relationships with the local key agents. Cal had that teed up with JP. Not to say the new HC won't succeed, but that person will not have the local relationships as JP has developed over the past 20 years.

everything u need to know from 4th gen bear#
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

Perhaps JP agreed to the extension at UCSB after learning he was not getting the Cal offer, which could mean we've found our coach.
Nope - JP didn't want to get strung out, felt he had a clear decisive interview with a successful plan in place. Yet JK and his internal person in the dept who sat in, did not get back to Him as the past couple of days went by. To be clear, this was a blown opportunity. My guess is Stan Johnson gets it(don't know just a guess) as there is pressure to hire a Black coach. And if that coach is the best candidate, excellent. Disappointing that JK once again has dropped the ball.

Why is Christ allowing this moron to continue to drive important decisions? I am losing my patience with this university and especially Christ. You don't like Knowlton? Well push him side you nitwit!

This was a simple hire. We knew who was right for us. We STILL BLEW IT! F CAL at this point. #2 Public University in California. Soon to be below UCSB.
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

passage of time kills deals...
CalFanatic
Thank you for all the softball love. Chelsea Spencer played in THREE national championships and Is one of the most decorated shortstops in history, in her second full season Cal is about to break into the top 25 next week. We are back!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

wifey, as you know from your storied legal career, those who **** around too long often don't get the deal done

the art of the con (moving all the shells around, where's the diamond, is it gone?)#
wifey, u wuz right, the passage of time is a deal killer
Shocky1
it's gonna be amir abdur rahim or stan johnson with monty still pushing for mark madsen
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

it's gonna be amir abdur rahim or stan johnson with monty still pushing for mark madsen

Please not Mark Madsen. He is actually a good coach, but not for Cal. Stanford should have fired Haase to hire him.
wifeisafurd
I'm sensing MM (not confirmed) which like the other two coaches mentioned is high risk (due to lack of HC experience), but high reward type hire. People should consider just how low the program is and that you need a dynamic coach to turn the program around. If you can't get a proven coach like Bennett or Pasternack, these our good candidates for what may be the worst P5 program in the country.
Shocky1
wifey, this bungled process which got mike montgomery as the primary consultant & jay john sitting in on all the interviews is more about the con artist tryna make a politically correct move in hiring a black head coach which knowlton appears to feel he needs to do to win favor with chancellor christ (who got zero confidence in him) during the mckeever investigation which could result in his termination than about what's really best for the cal basketball program which wuz hiring joe pasternack

bottom line, this is all about james arthur knowlton tryna protect his $1,300,000+ annual salary thru 2029

without a facilitator/distributor like ajay mitchell at point guard next season the men's basketball program is at risk of losing 20+ games (and if rodney brown decommits closer to 25 losses) & without jayda curry the women's basketball program is gonna absolutely lose every pac 12 game (0-18) next season

and no there's not gonna be any progress on the con artist's $125,000,000+ quidditch which is never gonna collect all the funds necessary to get the 1st shovel in the ground

on the other hand the good news for the con artist is that the monster may not attend another cal basketball game for another 6 years or something

https://instagr.am/p/Cm4nv1MP6Tg

cal's monster class (and diamonds are forever class) r in the rearview mirrah#

6956bear
Shocky1 said:

wifey, this bungled process which got mike montgomery as the primary consultant & jay john sitting in on all the interviews) is more about the con artist tryna make a politically correct move in hiring a black head coach which knowlton appears to feel he needs to do to win favor with chancellor christ (who got zero confidence in him) during the mckeever investigation which could result in his termination than about what's really best for the cal basketball program which wuz hiring joe pasternack

bottom line, this is all about james arthur knowlton tryna protect his $1,300,000+ annual salary thru 2029

without a facilitator/distributor like ajay mitchell at point guard next season the men's basketball program is at risk of losing 20+ games (and if rodney brown decommits closer to 25 losses) & without jayda curry the women's basketball program is gonna absolutely lose every pac 12 game (0-18) next season

and no there's not gonna be any progress on the con artist's $125,000,000+ quidditch which is never gonna collect all the funds necessary to get the 1st shovel in the ground

on the other hand the good news for the con artist is that the monster may not attend another cal basketball game for another 6 years or something

https://instagr.am/p/Cm4nv1MP6Tg

cal's monster class (and diamonds are forever class) r in the rearview mirrah#

Just wondering how Montgomery being the primary consultant and Jay John being in on every interview leads to Knowlton hiring a black HC. I get the idea of hiring a black HC but not the connection that those 2 men being involved leading to that conclusion.

Knowlton may want to appease Christ who really values DEI. But if JK is in trouble for his job a DEI hire won't save it. So with JP out of the picture can we expect Brown to ask out of his LOI today?
Econ141
If this hire isn't a home run, say goodbye to even more fans in the coming year. It will be a team of walk-ons.

This hire had better be a surprise like Jason kidd because there is no hope otherwise.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CmVabbDDstx
congrats & good start for haas biz ad grad brandon hagy on his opening round 3 under par 69 in the 1st round of the season opening korn ferry tour (feeder program for the pga tour) tournament in the bahamas
https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/leaderboard.html

hagy got top 3 clubhead speed among all professional golfers on planet earth which makes him one of the game's longest drivers of a golf ball...and that's why today's round is so perplexing, he bogied the par 5 1st & 18th holes today which is kinda surprising for someone that can reach most par 5s in 2 shots that are under 625 yards if he drives it in the fairway...fyi brandon is not built like a football player other than "the jet," he is 5'11" 170 lbs of ++1 athleticisim

2 years ago my daughter taylor & me were brandon's only gallery during the monday pre phoenix qualifier at mccormick ranch (which he barely missed by a stroke, his chip on the par 4 18th hole just slid by the pin) and last season the shockster walked 18 holes with him during pga tournaments in west palm beach, the palm desert & scottsdale...got to talk a bit with his wife j & his father in law who is from england

why did hagy lose his pga card last season?

my take is that his moving his primary home from north scottsdale (playing out of whisper rock, featured in the video above) to charlotte resulted in less than optimal year round practicing weather/fellow pga competition which caused kinda a breakdown of his short game particularly with his non sand shots around the greens

right now there are 5 california golden bears on the 2023 pga tour, the shockster is 100% rooting for brandon (who is a major cal football fan) to return to the tour & absolutely flourish on the biggest stages

the smartest bear of them all#

https://instagr.am/p/CMbSfIQFHir
so a couple of minutes ago brandon hagy is tied for the lead at 15 under par on the korn ferry tour tournament in savannah with a blistering 7 under par round thru 16 holes, a victory would go a long way in earning back his pga card

he's on the fringe of the 159 par 3 17th hole when disaster strikes, he 3 putts for a bogey dropping his out of the lead

then on the scoreable risk/reward 510 yard par 5 18th hole hagy (who averaged a booming 315 yards off the tee this week) hooks one out of bounds & then pushes his 2nd shot into a lake...finishes with a snowman triple bogey 8

really hope this becomes a learning experience from brandon who will play in next week's korn ferry tournament in chile, he's really close to putting it all together

the struggle that must be#
HoopDreams
Dynamic?

You mean his dancing?

People post those dances to laugh at him, not because of his dances

I'm sure the players and recruits are re-tweeting those dances excited he's going to be their head coach

wifeisafurd said:

I'm sensing MM (not confirmed) which like the other two coaches mentioned is high risk (due to lack of HC experience), but high reward type hire. People should consider just how low the program is and that you need a dynamic coach to turn the program around. If you can't get a proven coach like Bennett or Pasternack, these our good candidates for what may be the worst P5 program in the country.
Shocky1

honestly hoops, ur lack of understanding that joe pasternack is a player's coach that is truly loved by all his players (ur laughing at his dancing but trust me his players/prospects are not), your continued disrespectfully calling him "the kicker" despite being the one head coach that could make cal basketball a nationally ranked program again & your failure to understand to understand the importance of a facilitator/distributor facilitator like ajay mitchell in today's college basketball game which is dominated by elite point guards is all kinda sad
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 267

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.