cal's monster offensive line

1,786,919 Views | 10960 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by prospeCt
6956bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AEM80 said:

ASU has a lot of speed on defense and a good pass rush. That worries me. Offensively they are mess.
Could be an epic 6-3 game. Decided by which FG kicker can make a kick.
bluehenbear
Strykur said:

Damn next week will be tough but we can look forward to burying the Sun Devils no matter the result.

I hope so, but we are back to playing down to our opponents (at least in the first half). I expect we will make the walk on QB that will starting for ASu look like the next Heisman candidate.
AEM80
6956bear said:

AEM80 said:

ASU has a lot of speed on defense and a good pass rush. That worries me. Offensively they are mess.
Could be an epic 6-3 game. Decided by which FG kicker can make a kick.
The defense really kept ASU in the game with Fresno. Keene was constantly on the run, particularly as the game wore on. I was impressed with the pressure they were able to bring. Offensively, ASU has no running game. For the most part, they didn't even try to run the ball. I would definitely expect a low scoring game. There won't be any real easy games. ASU and Stanford are must wins. I still think OSU and WSU are possibles. Everything else will be truly hard to watch.
OdontoBear66
bluehenbear said:

Strykur said:

Damn next week will be tough but we can look forward to burying the Sun Devils no matter the result.

I hope so, but we are back to playing down to our opponents (at least in the first half). I expect we will make the walk on QB that will starting for ASu look like the next Heisman candidate.
Yes we played down to our opponent, but are you sure that Sirmon wasn't trying to see how good his DBs would do man to man against a very good QB and some very talented receivers? Well, we found out they were better than we thought and we weren't able to cover in man due to all the crosses being successful, but adjusting to the zone took that all away. Good experiment but a learning one going into Pac12 play.
Shocky1

mr lucki (the magic of chicago football)#
Shocky1

fun cal's monster class contest:

contest: winner must correctly specify the number of defenders with a legit opportunity to tackle +1 athletic rashawn clark that ended up with nothing but ******* air?

award: 14 beers at the chili's in redmond...in case of tie the co winners will receive 7 beers apiece...oski is not eligible to enter this contest per the terms of his release from the silverado rehab & wellness institute in yountville...the monster reserves the right to arbitrarily change all rules & regulations in a 100% capricious manner should a curvy brunette yoga female enter this contest

reading is fun (video games r for losers)#

Shocky1

fortinet pga championship update: 4th round

in his final competitive round in preparation for the 2023 ryder cup in italy max homa shoots a 3 under par 69 including an eagle 3 on the par 5 12th hole en route to a 13 under par top 10 finish despite the sorry azz pre round stretching background music

haas biz ad grad james hahn finished the week 6 under par

if u attend the tournament in napa next year make sure u get a tasty burgerdog which is a descendent of the olympic club's original wildly popular grab n go meal after the 10th hole on the lake course

SBGold
Shocky, r u going to the U DUb game?
rkt88edmo
Shocky1 said:

if u attend the tournament in napa next year make sure u get a tasty burgerdog which is a descendent of the olympic club's original wildly popular grab n go meal after the 10th hole on the lake course

Sounds like it might sorta be like the off the menu hookapalooka from Dwight's down in HB. 2 burger patties, with a hotdog cut in half lengthwise and butterflied, topped with chili.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

2023 father's day:

got the following note from my daughter taylor (who is visiting from nyc, starting her life's adventure in high tech sales for a fortune 500 company while living in the west village) written on a blank piece of paper, the best gifts are all personally sourced/curated from the heart & do not involve any retail purchases...this is wut tay wrote:

Dumb Azz aka Dad (little hearts drawn all over the page)

Dear Dad,

Happy Fathers Day! So thankful for you and all of our fun memories. We truly need a reality TV show for all of the dumb **** we say in the car...."Sir, I think you need to speak to the Queen immediately!"

I think people are always jealous when I tell them my dad is my best friend. Based off their reactions, I do not think that is all so common! Getting an email from you is always one of the highlights of my day and I always get a good laugh.

"tell them their caviar tastes like bird poop"-Bill Schulz re: Bond Street restaurant

I appreciate everything you have done for me and how supportive you are with my move to NYC and pursuing my childhood dreams. I know that when I have a bad day I can always count on you to cheer me up and see the bigger picture. For that I am extremely grateful! Love you so much!!!

Tay

beautiful warm summer evening in new york city with everybody on the move chasing their dreams in manhattan

5 card marvin (such a lotta world to see)#

goldy, got an invitation to play seattle golf club on saturday morning but my daughter taylor is visiting (working remotely) from nyc & she wuz mad at me for dipping out to napa & berkeley this weekend so ima kinda on the fence rite now about the northwest next weekend

how about u?
Shocky1
rkt, u definitely got a culinary flare about u

cardiac arrest (but died happy)#
Shocky1

them fightin' tedford$#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

fortinet pga championship update: 4th round

in his final competitive round in preparation for the 2023 ryder cup in italy max homa shoots a 3 under par 69 including an eagle 3 on the par 5 12th hole en route to a 13 under par top 10 finish despite the sorry azz pre round stretching background music

haas biz ad grad james hahn finished the week 6 under par

OC's were burgers in the shape of a dog. So, dogburgers, not burgerdogs? I forget what we called them but they were really good. Must have used good hamburger.
Shocky1
sonofabear51 said:

Shocky, markeisha Everrett had an interview on radio kgo that was such an abomination I couldn't quite believe it. All rainbows roses, unicorns and fairy tales, mostly regaling the drone halftime show vs Auburn. It was utter BS and an embarrassment. It is very obvious to even the casual observer that a lot of change is needed in the Cal athletic admin. And NOW!
sonofabear, so during halftime ima in the upstairs bathroom at the field club & the monster overhears the following conversation at the urinal, the kgo interview with markeisha everett is being played from the speakers:

cal fan #1 (talking to his buddy): does she realize there are 30,000 empty seats today?

cal fan #2: zero chance she was ever around during the jt sold out days

shocky (interjecting himself into the conversation): spoke to her on the field before the game, she told me she's happy with the football and basketball ticket sales

cal fan #2 (before heading out with his buddy): typical cal, thanks knowlton

the chain of events:

james arthur knowlton who grew up playing hockey and never followed football and basketball hires markeisha everett who went to school at st joseph which don't got a football team who then hires her assistant director vasileios iliopoulos who went to school at santa clara which don't got a football team

so you end up with 3 clueless bureaucrats that got no berkeley affiliations & zero understanding of cal's gameday experience with the band playing throughout the game with the cheer/dance squads performing

the reality is that worthless bureaucrats set up remarkably low sales goals/metrics to justify their sorry azz existences will never be offered professional career opportunities anywhere else & thus the cal athletic department got these talentless deadweights as part of a bloated bureaucracy not doing anything imaginative such as offering free tixs to all students for every game to increase gameday attendance/energy levels and create a pipeline (an investment in the future) of future season tixs purchasers/donors

they don't get it

james arthur knowlton=markeisha everett=vasileios iliopoulos=worthless bureaucrats collecting paychecks

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxVtCnMrMBI
where's the next cal billionaire?

the next cal billionaire is studying right now in berkeley, they never went to high school football & basketball games in achieving the valedictorian 4.6 gpa necessary for admission into the #1 ranked public university in the world

they might've grown up in a foreign country that does not play football

they don't go to cal football or basketball games

and with berkeley's focus on offering acceptance letters to students from 1st time college graduate families that the vast majority of time are from lower socioeconomic backgrounds (which shocky supports 100%, the redistribution of wealth in the united states thru elite academic degree opportunities that require hard work & are not government hand outs) these amazing students don't got the $125 for an annual pass to games (that's a middle class luxury)

all of this is lost on markeisha everett who tole me saturday that she will not even consider offering free tixs to all students for all games

so the next cal berkeley billionaire is gonna get venture capital money (did you know that berkeley grads get more vc money that any other university on planet earth including harvard & stanford?) upon earning their degree(s) & they gonna start the next amazon, google, facebook, etc

and when the cal athletic fundraisers reach out to this newly minted 30 year old billionaire they are gonna be tole that they never went to any games during their time in berkeley & they got no interest in donating to any sport teams

yeah markeisha everett is not only the dumbest person in the room but she's also the most arrogant

and she wuz hired by james arthur knowlton
Big C

$125 sounds ridiculously high for undergrads who, as you referenced, may not have come to Cal with much history of or intent to watch team sports. Just boggles the mind that anybody would think that is a good idea. Free sounds great, or I could see $20 each for football and hoops + $10-20 for a Big Game ticket, but yeah, why not lure them in for nothing and give away pizzas to boot?
eastcoastcal
Big C said:

$125 sounds ridiculously high for undergrads who, as you referenced, may not have come to Cal with much history of or intent to watch team sports. Just boggles the mind that anybody would think that is a good idea. Free sounds great, or I could see $20 each for football and hoops + $10-20 for a Big Game ticket, but yeah, why not lure them in for nothing and give away pizzas to boot?
pennywise pound foolish

and you'll notice that Markeisha won't give up the revenue from selling $125 passes because it'll "affect the bottom line" but conversely won't consider rightsizing the 11 person comms department which is millions of dollars of salary waste every year...
sonofabear51
Her interview was so phony and over-the-top. Not one word regarding the state of the AD. The whole focus was mainly that she was very 'pleased' that there were 44k butts in the seats, and the 'drone' show. Justin Allegri was also way over the top and phony sounding, tossing the softball questions to here and basically kissing her ass. They really cannot see the forest for the trees. No clue whatsoever. They have a great chance right now and as usual are dropping the ball. No pun intended.
Start Slowly and taper off
Big C
^^^ Agree, but it's too much to expect Allegri to come in with some hard-hitting questions in his first year. ^^^
sonofabear51
Agreed, but he came across very phony and the whole thing seemed to be rehearsed beforehand. Very fake. All smiles, unicorns, and rainbows, and not a cloud in sight.
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

2023 father's day:

got the following note from my daughter taylor (who is visiting from nyc, starting her life's adventure in high tech sales for a fortune 500 company while living in the west village) written on a blank piece of paper, the best gifts are all personally sourced/curated from the heart & do not involve any retail purchases...this is wut tay wrote:

Dumb Azz aka Dad (little hearts drawn all over the page)

Dear Dad,

Happy Fathers Day! So thankful for you and all of our fun memories. We truly need a reality TV show for all of the dumb **** we say in the car...."Sir, I think you need to speak to the Queen immediately!"

I think people are always jealous when I tell them my dad is my best friend. Based off their reactions, I do not think that is all so common! Getting an email from you is always one of the highlights of my day and I always get a good laugh.

"tell them their caviar tastes like bird poop"-Bill Schulz re: Bond Street restaurant

I appreciate everything you have done for me and how supportive you are with my move to NYC and pursuing my childhood dreams. I know that when I have a bad day I can always count on you to cheer me up and see the bigger picture. For that I am extremely grateful! Love you so much!!!

Tay

beautiful warm summer evening in new york city with everybody on the move chasing their dreams in manhattan

5 card marvin (such a lotta world to see)#

goldy, got an invitation to play seattle golf club on saturday morning but my daughter taylor is visiting (working remotely) from nyc & she wuz mad at me for dipping out to napa & berkeley this weekend so ima kinda on the fence rite now about the northwest next weekend

how about u?
Hell yes I'm going, 21 point dogs. Shock the nation
89Bear
If you are top 5 in the nation and playing a brand of ball that is exciting and engaging then maybe you can charge $125 to students. However, if you are struggling to get the students to the games, then this strategy is incredibly stupid!!! And I'm not even in the field of marketing...
sonofabear51
Thank you 89. You said it much better than I did.
Shocky1

cal's monster class exclusive reaction of isaiah ifanse upon hearing the news that goldy is gonna be in montlake saturday nite

the underdog with nothing to lose is the most dangerous animal on planet earth#
JimSox
Big C said:

I was up at the barbecue at Bowles Hall before the Auburn game talking to some of the students there, and most told me they weren't going to the game. Although it's $125 for a student pass to football and basketball, one of the kids said a single game ticket in the student section is $45. Can that be true? $45 for a student for one game? Steep!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CVt1ZJGJOmy
husky invitation 1st & 2nd round (partial) update:

cal in a 3 way tie for 2nd place at 9 under par behind the home team washington which is blistering the gold mountain olympic course at 20 under par

the bears generational talent true freshman eric lee fresh off his college debut tied for 1st at erin hills is tied for 2nd at 6 under par...the world's #1 ranked junior seriously got homakawa upside

fellow true freshman ethan fang & top 5 ranked junior is tied for 8th at 3 under par...aspiring pga professional senior sampson is tied for 26th at even par as is tony chen

concurrently in the separate husky individual invitational aaron du is tied for 6th at 6 under par on the gold mountain cascade course coming off a near monday qualifying for the fortinet pga championship in napa

the tournaments will conclude mañana
Shocky1
sonofabear51 said:

Her interview was so phony and over-the-top. Not one word regarding the state of the AD. The whole focus was mainly that she was very 'pleased' that there were 44k butts in the seats, and the 'drone' show. Justin Allegri was also way over the top and phony sounding, tossing the softball questions to here and basically kissing her ass. They really cannot see the forest for the trees. No clue whatsoever. They have a great chance right now and as usual are dropping the ball. No pun intended.
51, markeisha everett is a self promoting worthless bureaucrat

did she mention that the underwhelming 44,000 attendance vs sec auburn included 6,000-8,000 of their fans?

HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

where's the next cal billionaire?

the next cal billionaire is studying right now in berkeley, they never went to high school football & basketball games in achieving the valedictorian 4.6 gpa necessary for admission into the #1 ranked public university in the world

so the next cal berkeley billionaire is gonna get venture capital money (did you know that berkeley grads get more vc money that any other university on planet earth including harvard & stanford?) upon earning their degree(s) & they gonna start the next amazon, google, facebook, etc

Shocky1
^ thx for sharing hoop dreams, this is literally the most amazing statistic re: the future wealth of current berkeley students

and yet markeisha everett & her bloated bureaucracy are steadfastly refusing to invite them to attend games while as starving students when there is an opportunity to imprint the fun gameday experience in them for a lifetime as fans/donors that bleed blue & gold

the irony of everett's 11 person communications team that she tole me saturday that will not be slimmed down in size because there "are 30 teams that need coverage" is that executives for the pac 12 network are on record that some of the olympic sports coverage is watched by hundreds of viewers

also ironic is a fat azz communications department despite that the fact that james arthur knowlton is the only athletic director in the united states of america than turns down all interview requests...the lack of transparency is on par for an absentee out of state residing current athletic director

there wuz 30,000 empty seats at memorial stadium last saturday afternoon, on wut planet is it possible for markeisha everett to be pleased with the attendance?

sonofabear51
Shocky, I don't remember if she mentioned the 6-8k Auburn fans in the seats, but she was absolutely giddy about the total of 44k. I remember being a kid and young adult it used to seat 75k back in the day, and you are happy with 44k?
This must be some kind of new math that only they know about.
Shocky1

51, in speaking with markeisha everett saturday it wuz very clear that her arrogance, lack of business savvy/marketing imagination & lack of fiduciary sense of accountability is driving the universal consensus that the gameday experience is losing its traditions & that she's setting the sales goals/metrics so low that 44,000 is the new 75,000

82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

51, in speaking with markeisha everett saturday it wuz very clear that her arrogance, lack of business savvy/marketing imagination & lack of fiduciary sense of accountability is driving the universal consensus that the gameday experience is losing its traditions & that she's setting the sales goals/metrics so low that 44,000 is the new 75,000

She knows revenue and profit aren't the same. No wonder she got hired. Probably has an MBA too.
Shocky1
^ no mba
HearstMining
Markeisha's "elevator pitch" on Linkedin:

"A revenue marketer who is a strategic creative capable of leading large projects. Also, well versed in restructuring teams to increase efficiencies and outputs. With extensive experience in customer journey mapping, target market identification which allows for cross functional comprehensive marketing and sales strategies that focus on results that increase revenue, enhance value proposition, build relationships, foster engagement and contribute to the overall success of a business.
    Top skills: Development of strategic marketing plans Leadership Development Revenue Growth Generation Advertising Ticket Sales"

In short, typical MBA marketing babble (disclaimer, I have an MBA circa 1980), although in fact she has an MS in Sports Administration. Her track record is a little unclear. She was at Pitt for ~ 3 years and football attendance did improve, but so did the team record (dramatically) and we know that's a huge driver. Also, much of her tenure was during COVID so you have to toss 2020 data.
QUESTION: Why would you go across country for a hire when there must be dozens of candidates on the west coast (as well as those with Cal connections) who understand how to appeal to the west coast target consumer?

Shocky1
hearst, thx for posting, let's breakdown her self proclaimed attributes:

"increase revenue": abysmal failure in selling more tixs and/or building the cal athletic brand despite the departure of multiple professional sports franchises departing the east bay marketplace"...under her failed leadership the marketing dept has not inclusively grown cal's fanbase to include those without berkeley degrees/affiliations which is a critical & key potential source of future revenues...sorry 44,000 is NOT the new 75,000

"enhance value proposition": literally every cal fan will tell you that the gameday experience is less fun, there are non berkeley grads like everett & knowlton who think that instead of getting amped up by the band playing journey's separate ways that we would rather listen to the shrill azz gameday announcer, would rather listen to sorry azz adele or dishes dropping on the kitchen floor than her annoying as **** voice

"build relationships": do not know a single cal donor who thinks highly of everett, she does not present herself in a friendly manner & it's pretty obvious after talking to her for a minute that she's the dumbest person in the room...lights aren't on

"foster engagement": yeah with a bloated 11 person communications department despite the fact that her boss is the only athletic director in the usa that turns down all interview requests, everett is wasting department dollars in press releases for non revenue sports that are not read outside of the players & their families

"contribute to the overall success of the program": the new head basketball coach wants all students to get free tixs to all games, everett is the key obstructionist to that happening...when usc/ucla departed for the pac 12 which foretold the end of the conference, her decision wuz to proclaim that cal is still the leader of diversity, inclusion, etc.

a pompous worthless bureaucrat (who will be demoted by the next athletic director)#

First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 314

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.