cal's monster offensive line

1,780,170 Views | 10920 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by HongKong_Bear
Oakbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never been involved in sports marketing, so read this with your salt shaker near

cutting t prices can lead to regulars getting irritated as they pay more

but college sports is different as the true fans probably don't mind paying more than somone else if it helps the program

many companies (like airlines) will cut prices as the travel time gets nearer, (or raise prices if almost sold out, we should be so lucky)

seems to me that cutting prices (perhaps if you buy two or more??) the week before a game might work pretyt well .. if the price is right you might sell extra tickets and increase profits as the costs are pretty much sunk, also more butts in the seats means ,more sales of mdse/food/drink

It appears to me that the marketing people don't rally understand pricing .. they set a price and hope fo the best

getting an extra 1,000 or more at a game, even if the ticket price is $10 (Single-game tickets for the 2023 Cal Football season start as low as $27 and are on sale this summer. Ticket prices are ...) would result in additional marginal income .. selling these tickets by the Cal office or as walkup tickets would save money on commissions that stubhub types charge

more work for the staff, but only part of the year

this applies to BB as well ..

get people to come to games on the cheap and who knows if JW can learn how to put a winner on the field, they might become fans

NVBear78
82gradDLSdad said:

Shocky1 said:

51, in speaking with markeisha everett saturday it wuz very clear that her arrogance, lack of business savvy/marketing imagination & lack of fiduciary sense of accountability is driving the universal consensus that the gameday experience is losing its traditions & that she's setting the sales goals/metrics so low that 44,000 is the new 75,000

She knows revenue and profit aren't the same. No wonder she got hired. Probably has an MBA too.
She sounds a lot like the VP
Shocky1

cal's monster class recruiting update:

3.91 gpa 6'5" 250 lbs bj canady from topeka kansas broke his navicular bone in both feet last season & is now playing "with zero pain where the surgery was at"

bj gotta lotta upside but it's probably not as an apex predator edge defender (which requires elite speed off the edge), is he willing to gain good weight & move inside as an interior defensive lineman?
Shocky1
cal athletic dept communications press release authored by markeisha everett upon cal's acceptance into the acc:

"The university will receive a full share of revenues...while contributing back a portion of its media revenue to support and strengthen the conference and its current member institutions"

translation: we're gonna lose tens of millions of dollars over the next couple of years

markeisha everett=cannot be trusted to tell the truth and/or do the right thing
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

51, in speaking with markeisha everett saturday it wuz very clear that her arrogance, lack of business savvy/marketing imagination & lack of fiduciary sense of accountability is driving the universal consensus that the gameday experience is losing its traditions & that she's setting the sales goals/metrics so low that 44,000 is the new 75,000

wow maybe I should stop taking Haas classes and just learn directly from her. So glad I now know the difference between revenue and profit!
Shocky1
coastie, u seriously got an unlimited future with an infinite pathway to ur dreams (and ibiza)

don't **** it up (listening to dumb azzs)#
Shocky1
Quote:

Quote:

hypothetical but realistic light the way campaign phone conversation:

cal fundraiser: ok, jimmy, do you think with your net worth of 20 million that when you pass on it might be possible to donate some of that money to berkeley?

jimmy: well, maybe but not really sure, my kids & future grandkids will be the first priorities but yeah i might leave some money to berkeley

cal fundraiser: terrific!...i'll put you down for a 10 million dollar donation, please remember this is a non binding commitment so it's no big deal if you don't leave actually leave any money to berkeley...this is gonna help me win the sales contest!

jimmy: uh ok

cal fundraiser: by the way, how old are are you jimmy?

jimmy: ima 34, sold my tech company 2 years ago, living in ibiza now
do they get the Pac 12 Network in Ibiza?

ibiza is not a 3rd world nation#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna live in yuma and/or ibiza)
Econ141
For your viewing pleasure

Shocky1
^ 100% scripted & zero explanations of how the athletic department is gonna balance the budget with tens of millions less dollars from the acc
bluehenbear
I know he says he's recording it from his on-campus office, but it looks like he green-screened it from Colorado Springs.
oskiswifeshusband
Any news on when he getting fired?
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CuIVWc1JtWs
bluehen & oskiswifesgirlfriend, despite the wooden kinda robotic monotone, this is probably the best communication forum for knowlton in light of his refusing all interview requests

the con artist wants to control the narrative in a structured format, there's zero chance of an uncomfortable question or two to expose him & his mismanagement of a bloated bureaucracy...he's not good at reading the room or answering off script questions, gotta avoid that ****

my guess is that he practiced this speech for a couple of hours before the colorado springs sr all star hockey playoff game vs them aspen gondolas
Shocky1

my daughter taylor tole me the following over tasty salads at a late lunch at arcadia farms:

"dad, after living almost a year in new york city i can kinda see now why you love doggys and other animals more than most people"

https://instagr.am/p/CFNvhGZF8jo
rockin' the fashion (ugly azz puma black socks at yoga)#

https://instagr.am/p/BsRjKz8B3K9
Shocky1

congrats papon & daniel#
Big C
oskiswifeshusband said:

Just a guess: The Chancellor is hoping something happens in l'Affaire McKeever where she is "forced" to let him go due to campus sentiment/pressure. Otherwise, when she leaves, she will leave a little note for her successor about what to do there and sorry she had to leave it on his/her plate.
sonofabear51
Or viewing displeasure more like.
What a phony!!
Start Slowly and taper off
DiabloWags
Markeisha Everett = Rocket Scientist

We are in very good hands.
I can sleep well tonight.

We are blessed.

Go Bears!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
HoopDreams
a MAJOR area of improvement for the Cal OL is getting the tough yard on 4th down. Cal succeeded in getting the first down on every 4th and short this season

Defenses stack the box, but the Cal OL goes Monster

82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

oskiswifeshusband said:

Just a guess: The Chancellor is hoping something happens in l'Affaire McKeever where she is "forced" to let him go due to campus sentiment/pressure. Otherwise, when she leaves, she will leave a little note for her successor about what to do there and sorry she had to leave it on his/her plate.

In other words, she's taking the whimpy way out.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxRpWyoLKQz
true freshmant & nation's leading strikeout pitcher all american randi roelling is enrolled in berkeley

randi is not a dumb azz, she got a 4.1 gpa at central catholic

r u gonna watch this generational talent pitch for them california golden bears at levine-fricke field this season or wut?

where's brooklyn? (in the summer of luv)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including central california)
Oakbear
"dad, after living almost a year in new york city i can kinda see now why you love doggys and other animals more than most people"

It isn't just NYC LOL

I have preferred the company of dogs/cats (and now some muscovy ducks) more than most people

I think it was Will Rogers that said .."the more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"

a shame, but so many are really shallow .. probably why we have such corrupt leaders and most people favorite thing to do is to watch reality TV where the likes of the Donald reign ..
Shocky1

monster berkeley organizational chart:

chancellor carol christ: 78 year old is retiring in july of 2024 (successor will be recommended to the board of regents for affirmation in may of 2024)...the benevolent christ forgave the memorial stadium debt (the greatest gift to athletics of any berkeley chancellor during the last century)...only major mistake wuz hiring & then believing the lies of the athletic director re: the northwestern ad opening

james arthur knowlton: the con artist is an absentee bureaucrat living in colorado springs, the only athletic director in the nation that refuses all interview requests...currently under investigation by the chancellor's office as a result of the munger report

jennifer simon-o'neil: jenny is the con artist's #2 in charge confidante, her involvement with the mckeever female suicidal swimmers reveals someone who is evil as ****

markeisha everett: pompous & unqualified for selling tickets/building a future pipeline of future donors, oversees a bloated 11 person communications department...the primary obstructionist to the offering of FREE football & basketball tixs to all students for all games...will be demoted by the next ad

vasileios iliopoulos: should be selling knock off watches at the concord mall, not cal football & basketball season tixs

shrill voiced gameday promotion announcer: would rather listen to sorry azz adele or dishes crashing on my kitchen floor than her annoying voice...80% less words out of her mouth would be a good thing

dustin coder: the highly organized & professional director of ticket operations who goes the extra mile in customer service

thomas lowry: cfo handpicked by the con artist from the air force, wuz directed to hide from me the secret $11,000,000 loan from the central campus that wuz finally discovered thru the monster's relentless public information requests

dr adela de la torre: the current prez at san diego state is the frontrunner to be the next berkeley chancellor...the bay area native got 3 berkeley degrees & luvs sports as a key catalyst of student spirit & alum engagement...she is vibrant & gets it

andrew mcgraw: the current director of football operations (and former walk on quarterback & band member) & longtime cal athletic department employee should be named as the interim athletic director, we don't got the luxury of hiring another outsider who don't get/like berkeley...reducing costs/cutting sports is the #1 priority to steer the course away from the current cliff of bankruptcy in emerging with a rightsized, more streamlined with better talent athletic department

beth tafolla-voetsch: should be promoted to the #2 position responsible for all women's sports & title ix compliance

jay john: the braintrusts right arm of hall of famers lute olson & mike montgomery wuz inexplicably pulled away from men's basketball by knowlton but is now back working with mbb which is a huge boost to coach madsen...should be tasked with hiring the next women's basketball coach after the upcoming probable winless pac 12 season

oski: drunk azz & unreliable mascot recently released from the silverado rehab & wellness institute

https://instagr.am/p/CxYQ4owMdEW
sonofabear51
^^^^

THIS!!!!!
Start Slowly and taper off
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CxRpWyoLKQz
true freshmant & nation's leading strikeout pitcher all american randi roelling is enrolled in berkeley

randi is not a dumb azz, she got a 4.1 gpa at central catholic

r u gonna watch this generational talent pitch for them california golden bears at levine-fricke field this season or wut?

where's brooklyn? (in the summer of luv)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including central california)

I'm taking a bunch of 10u and 12u players that I coach to the fall ball game at Cal on 10/21. Hope to see Roelling for an inning or 2. Go Bears!
Shocky1
^ goldy, that's awesome, plz report back re: the randi roelling smoke or if u get a jugs mph #
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line gameday snaps vs north texas:

tj session: 86
brian driscoll: 84
sioape vatikani: 69
barrett miller: 62
matthew wykoff: 52
brayden rohme: 37
matthew cindric: 31
bastian swinney: 22
trent ramsey: 13
everett johnson: 13
dylan jemtegaard: 13
dashaun harris: 13

pound for ground#
cal's monster offensive line gameday snaps vs auburn:

tj sessions (best overall game of his collegiate career outside of the brutal holding penalty): 80
brian driscoll (strong in pass blocking): 80
sioape vatikani (not living up to his unlimited physicality potential in run blocking): 80
barrett miller (trench worker needs to move guys off the ball in the run game): 80
matthew wykoff (gotta be more quick twitch in pass blocking): 80

coach bloesch gotta find gameday snaps for 6th man brayden rohme, it's gonna be a long season with battle scars along the way

cindo & barrett are out of eligibility after the 2023 season

both brayden & brian got a 6th season of eligibility left for the 2024 season if they opt to return to berkeley...keeping them engaged & luved up is very important

unicorns r hard to find in recruiting#
cal's monster offensive line gameday snaps vs idaho:

tj sessions: 70 (poor pass blocking)
brian driscoll: 70
sioape vatikani: 54
bastian swinney: 16 (entered game at beginning of 2nd q, excellent in run blocking)
barrett miller: 70
matthew wykoff: 70

work in process#
calumnus
eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

wow maybe I should stop taking Haas classes and just learn directly from her. So glad I now know the difference between revenue and profit!

I hope she is not referring to increased ticket revenue because the marginal cost for additional attendance is close to nil, so it is almost all profit, plus there is additional concessions. However, the overwhelming advantage is a bigger crowd gives us more of a home field advantage which can lead to more wins and MUCH more revenue, from bowl games to increased demand for tickets, games that get televised….
Shocky1

remember the walk ons (chad hansen jr?)#
rkt88edmo
Shocky1 said:

remember the walk ons (chad hansen jr?)#
That Patrick Laird guy...
Shocky1

the takers (an elite d that makes **** happen)#
Shocky1

an "or" at qb (the bears need chicago's mr lucki or phoenix's tennis champ to emerge as a leader that can walk the ledge in montlake this sat nite with ice in their veins)#

Shocky1

listening to cindo (haas biz ad major like the monster currently enrolled in the masters of education program) is a reminder of why the magic of cal football is truly a celebration of life on planet earth for reasons far beyond the playing of football on a football field with a football

cal's monster offensive line is mentally unbreakable#
Shocky1

the future of cal's monster offensive line (3.8 gpa true student athlete)#
Shocky1

today's regents of the university of california board meeting agenda from the centennial ballroom at the campus of ucla...calimoney, it's now or never
https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/regmeet/sept23/boardx9.21.pdf

ucla is from 63rd (we need mo money, we broke azz)#
Goof Ball Bear
One thing I'd love to see, and I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but in addition to money, also to mandate that Cal and UCLA play each year...at Cal's discretion. That would give us an advantage over the rest of the ACC in terms of a foothold in the SoCal recruiting market. I think Iowa and Iowa State have arrangement of that sort. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see it personally...
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.