cal's monster offensive line

1,780,033 Views | 10918 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by HoopDreams
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
econ, u gonna travel with ur crew to the game saturday nite to ensure max crowd noise?

ima looking forward to doing the pregame hang with my cousin sidney who is a diehard golden bear that got a louder roar than her size might suggest

Econ141
Shocky1 said:

econ, u gonna travel with ur crew to the game saturday nite to ensure max crowd noise?

ima looking forward to doing the pregame hang with my cousin sidney who is a diehard golden bear that got a louder roar than her size might suggest

Absolutely! My ritual is to brown bag a couple beers while walking down college Ave (previously it was walking up center st from bart through campus with a top dog pit stop when I was living in SF...now I'm living in The Town).

Getting that pre-game buzz is essential to me screaming my butt off trying to get these guys a win.

Anyone that has a recommendation to replace my top-dog pit stop with something quick and yummy on College, please opine!

I will be at every home game except for the one I wanted to go to the most (USC) due to a wedding in NYC.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

how shocky got walked to his non existent car during high school, the following is a loosely edited transcript of a conversation in the outfield during high school varsity baseball practice back in the day:

brusati (shocky's best friend): wait, tell me if i got this right, basically today at lunch in the cafeteria you asked the prettiest girl (a curvy brunette yoga female) in the school kathy toosher (name misspelled for privacy reasons, hers not mine) to go steady with you even tho we're freshmen and we don't got drivers licenses yet and she's a junior going out with senior star quarterback mitch delorenzo?

shocky (catching a pop fly): yeah that's pretty much it, bru

brusati (shaking his head in disbelief): did you even run this by your dad?

shocky: which one?

brusati (jogging to snag a foul ball by the gym): shocks, we don't even got cars, why would kathy toosher wanna go steady with you?

shocky: i got a 4.0 gpa, you and me are the only freshmen on varsity plus my mom told me smile is beautiful since i got my braces off

brusati: but she's already going out with delo who drives a *****in' camaro

shocky (fielding a grounder and throwing a strike to the 2nd baseman): look bru, delo is a dumb azz, he got a 2.5 gpa which means the good schools like cal and stanford won't want him...he's gonna go to marin community college next year, he'll be the 4th string quarterback and quit and then he'll be a male dancer in san francisco getting touched by bi curious businessmen (this actually sorta played out that way)

brusati (obviously upset): shut up, shocky!...if delo hears what you just said your gonna get your azz kicked after practice in the parking lot!

shocky (slapping his glove): whatever

brusati (shaking his head again): honestly sometimes shocks i don't think you live on planet earth with the rest of us, your kinda crazy you know

shocky (undeterred): hey bru, will your bro give me a ride home after practice?

postscript: bumped into kathy a few years later & we laughed about my crush on her and she tole me with kinda misty eyes that she regrets her decision...tole her as we hugged "life is not linear"

^ story from the outfield at stinson beach high school (the ibiza of nor cal with colder water)

shocky is NOT a pro baseball player (beech-nut is for losers)#
Shocky1

homa nation#
Econ141

What an idea!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cll2KJyveg3
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38577335/utah-cam-rising-says-tore-multiple-ligaments-rose-bowl

the truth re: cam rising's injuries, wow, this remarkable quarterback talent is way more messed up physically that anybody imagined

will rising be cleared by his personal doctor in la & also the utah medical staff for the cal game on october 14th at noon in salt lake city?

the monster's take is that he's taking a huge risk with his potential nfl future by coming back too early & reinjuring the extensive damage outlined in the above article

reality is that the utes without cam got a pretty mediocre to average offense, if he's not cleared and/or injured again this historically challenging road game in a hostile venue is winnable
Shocky1

fun recruiting question: who got the best combination of a high gpa & great name in the 2025 class?

answer: john "sharky" tamale from mack, a 3.8 gpa teammate of the jet

and yeah sharky & shocky gonna be at memorial stadium this upcoming sat nite

this **** is getting live (where's swanky?)#
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
Did Cal have the best backfield in all of college history?

A. Rodgers, Lynch, JJ Arlington, Justin Forsett

Shocky1

who's the fastest emerging (previously unknown) player) 2023 pac 12 player this season?

the answer is clearcut: kaleb elarms orr who has gone from not playing to the #2 tackler in the pac 12, check out the current stats as his mentor running mate all american jackson sirmon is #4

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2023-24/players?sort=dtt&view=&pos=d&r=0

interesting to note that 2022 top 10 tackler oladejo (who had a noticeable proclivity of running into the wrong gaps & losing lane containment) has been exposed at ucla & is now #48

who could be the next converted inside backer standout like the quick twitch +1 athletic keo in 2024?

former safety hunter barth (his not getting into the haas biz school wuz berkeley affirmative action gone wrong) is steadily moving up the depth chart as he learns the nuances of the position from coach sirmon, he's got the work ethic & football iq to make a move

https://instagr.am/p/Ctc1pTKPtYf
important note: kaleb is way too young (unlike the monster) to be a domesticated doggy to be taking his human to restoration hardware to check out shocky's cloud & **** like a sofa king

oscarsBBurger
quick cut to Telegraph for a Smokehouse, southside classic.
Oakbear
HoopDreams said:

nice, as an ex tuba player, liked the tuba bow shown

CAL BAnD bASSES

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

coach bloesch has extended an offer to 2024 current san jose state commit 6'7" 246 lbs offensive tackle kalolo ta'aga from east palo alto & a teammate of priority 2025 offensive lineman peter langi

ta'aga is a +1 athlete that has focused on basketball & is now blowing up with offers nationwide including sec schools during his 1st season evah of playing football

kalolo (best name evah, sometimes destiny is written in the stars) is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.5 gpa at the academically rigorous riordan high school

go crusaders (building a pipeline to berkeley)#

the university of california berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth via nfl development with coach bloesch & hard work in the classrooms of berkeley while playing in front of the fam & friends)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

2024 key targeted 3.5 gpa kalolo ta'aga from riordan gonna be at the oregon state game following up on his unofficial visit to the auburn game

with 12 current high school commitments & only a final scholly or maybe 2 (for an elite talent) left another trench worker to join tyler knape is the plan

pound for ground#
Shocky1

2025 elite trench worker 3.3 gpa peter langi gonna join teammate kalolo at memorial stadium this saturday nite against them oregon state beavers as an unofficial visitor

bay bridge at 4:00 am (taylor & her dad sing along every time we on the bb)#
Shocky1

coach chun got his starting line up for next week week's october 9th & 10th mackenzie invitational at the meadow club (faithfully restored to its sparkling brilliance by mike devries)...yeah shocky mostly caddied at san francisco golf club during high school & college but sometimes he would caddie at the meadow club on the way to nearby stinson beach for some late afternoon waves with his doggy blaze

1. sampson zheng
2. ethan fang
3. nathan wang
4. tony chen
5. eric lee

this is potentially the most dominant cal golf line up in over a decade...the bears are currently ranked #31 but would be closer to the top 10 if eric lee would not have played as an individual (scores not counted for team scoring) in the opening tournament which we won (fun fact: homakawa never won their 1st tournament)...this is not a criticism of walter, it's just a fact

daniel heo will be the designated individual player & the bears will also be fielding the following 2nd team (there's a lotta talent here but interestingly no senior aaron du)

1. costas panay
2. jeewon park
3. papon sawatyanon
4. ethan chung
5. charlie berridge

kinda wondering if walter & peter are gonna take the troops to stinson to work on their sand play?

fun fact: shocky's 1st kiss in his life (that did not involve either his moms or a doggy) wuz with a curvy brunette yoga female on the path down to stinson beach, made me feel kinda like a homecoming king or something...not gonna lie, gotta lotta tongue on that kiss

this is cal golf#
Shocky1
^ aaron du has been sick all week, walking 54 holes within 2 days would hinder his road to 100% health
Shocky1

the university of calveston=#1 ranked university for seabirds flying towards the golden gate bridge's sun (including the alamo & river walk)
Shocky1

cali's bigfoot#
Shocky1
monster friday night lights

punter lachlan wilson is blowing up this season with a 44.9 punting average & exceptional hang time...if this continues it's unlikely that the bears only scholly punter will return after this december for a 6th year of college in 2024 as lachlan most likely pursues nfl free agency opportunities
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/17

so shocky shows up tonite at 56th street & greenway for up for the 5:30 pregame (horizon high school is playing notre dame high school which all 3 of my kids are grads at 700 pm) kicking warm up of all american punter kanyon floyd, the asu commit got a 4.71 gpa & comes from a family that places a high premium on academics

get field passes along with zony bear & his son cj and watching up close as kanyon is blasting towering punts 70 yards (the equivalent of a game 56 yard punt) in the air, yeah the thin air & arizona temps are ideal for kicking but this is still an incredible display of leg strength

last weekend on the swa flight up to the bay hunter barth's dad tole me that he's seen floyd punting at a camp and that his "trajectory is reminiscent of ray guy" which is the absolute highest compliment you can ever bestow upon a punter...and yeah hunter's dad knows punting, his other son mike wuz the asu punter for multiple years & a groza award kicking finalist

make no mistake about kanyon floyd is the real deal, he's as good as any high school punter in the nation...the odds of the bears finding anybody better in the transfer portal after this season are very slim

the bears are recruiting horizon's 6'4" 215 lbs 2025 tight end prospect jax markovich who plays with a motor & got sticky soft hands...jax is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.1 gpa

yeah there's nothing more energetic than friday night football, the huskies got a real DOGGY mascot that led the team thru the blowup tent with smoke billowing into the balmy desert air while the band blares the school song & the 50+ cheerleaders do their thing...at halftime there's 100+ young girls from local dance studios joining the high school cheer team at midfield, literally every seat in the stadium is occupied for the festivities & there's hundreds of students by the concessions area laughing/talking who never watch a single play (in this sense it's kinda like the 200,000+ fans that attend saturdays at the phoenix open, sports viewing optional)...this is truly a slice of american life

the magic of high school football#
Shocky1

wheels up (the desert to the bay)#
Shocky1

oregon state beavers vs the california golden bears

this match up will feature the 2 leaders rushers in the final pac 12 season of all time:
https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2023-24/players?sort=ryg&view=&pos=rb&r=0

the teams got comparable talent levels with dynamic qbs that don't perform as well when under blitzing duress, skilled offensive players & well coached defenses that are fundamentally sound...the beavers got the more proven offensive line at this moment in time is the biggest differential

so what's gonna be the difference maker this evening at 7:00 pm?

the answer: coaching

1) is spav gonna finally attack the middle 3rd of the field?

2) is all american jaydn ott gonna get the ball space via pitch outs?

3) r there gonna be jet designed explosive plays that exploit his unique skillset?

4) is it gonna be coach bray or coach sirmon that dials up the pressure on the opposing qb that causes the turnovers that tilt the game?

5) is the bears special teams coverage which is handled on a part time basis gonna give up any damaging returns?...it's almost a given the bears r gonna fair catch every punt & kickoff

6) 4th down attempts, which head coach is playing to win & which coach is playing not to lose?

7) home field advantage, will shocky storm the field?

the magic of cal football (the future is unknowable)#
AZ Bear
Shocky, you are right that Friday night high school football games are a ton of fun.

You are also right that Kanyon Floyd has a great leg and would be a fine addition for the Golden Bears. I could tell that his dad values academics so I think there's a chance Kanyon might be interested in Cal. He would be a great pick up for us.

Thanks for the invite last night - I really enjoyed it. CJ had a blast, too. It's not often a little kid loses TWO teeth at one HS football game. I rewarded him with a snow cone on our way out, which capped off a memorable night for him.
Shocky1

fellow poly kapena gushiken from pukalani (former cal recruit)#
Shocky1

cj is tuff (teeth r overrated)#
Shocky1
Shocky1

coaching innovation (wins football games)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

this match up will feature the 2 leaders rushers in the final pac 12 season of all time:

the teams got comparable talent levels with dynamic qbs that don't perform as well when under blitzing duress, skilled offensive players & well coached defenses that are fundamentally sound...the beavers got the more proven offensive line at this moment in time is the biggest differential

grade: C when the middle 3rd of the field wuz attacked there wuz no defenders in the zip code

grade: F ZERO pitchouts again, the explanation from the staff is that the bears tackles aren't quick twitch enuf to get to the edge to block in space on pitchouts

3) r there gonna be jet designed explosive plays that exploit his unique skillset?
grade: B+ the jet lined up in the slot, at halfback & on the perimeter

4) is it gonna be coach bray or coach sirmon that dials up the pressure on the opposing qb that causes the turnovers that tilt the game?
grade: D bears never sacked the quarterback

5) is the bears special teams coverage which is handled on a part time basis gonna give up any damaging returns?...it's almost a given the bears r gonna fair catch every punt & kickoff
grade: F multiple damaging returns by the beavers

6) 4th down attempts, which head coach is playing to win & which coach is playing not to lose?
grade: D early in the game 4th & goal on the 3 yard line coach wilcox settled for the field goals but justin gets credit for letting the backups finish out the game with a scoring drive without quitting like he did in seattle

grade: F stormin' blondies pizza for a large slice with a lotta oregano after the game is not the same thing as stormin' memorial stadium

oregon state beavers 52
california golden bears 40

monster report card in italics above...bottom line the beavs staff outcoached the bears staff

calumnus
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

grade: C when the middle 3rd of the field wuz attacked there wuz no defenders in the zip code

grade: F ZERO pitchouts again, the explanation from the staff is that the bears tackles aren't quick twitch enuf to get to the edge to block in space on pitchouts

grade: B+ the jet lined up in the slot, at halfback & on the perimeter

grade: D bears never sacked the quarterback

grade: F multiple damaging returns by the beavers

grade: D early in the game 4th & goal on the 3 yard line coach wilcox settled for the field goals but justin gets credit for letting the backups finish out the game with a scoring drive without quitting like he did in seattle

grade: F stormin' blondies pizza for a large slice with a lotta oregano after the game is not the same thing as stormin' memorial stadium

oregon state beavers 52
california golden bears 40

monster report card in italics above...bottom line the beavs staff outcoached the bears staff

Wilcox is pissed. Really mad at the defensive players.
Shocky1

^ yeah justin handled all the usual softball questions from the assembled media, surprised nobody asked him wut's his opinion of oski's fashion choices instead of why in year 7 he's still tryna handle special teams with a position coach who's non performing on st issues like coverage lanes on a part time basis
Shocky1

biscayne bay's fernando mendoza (where the cuban gentlemen sleep all day) is consistently the most fun interviewee in the history of cal athletics tho kinda disappointed he didn't specifically mention me by name as his life coach mentor...nando is kinda disloyal that way

100%

this is literally wut conversations with the monster sound like in the parking lot post modern yoga

bet

honestly not sure wut's more fun, listening to nando talk about **** or late nite dining at sexy fish on brickell avenue when all the south beach perros y gatos come out to play

https://instagr.am/p/CwnmKS3rV4R
el hermano mas alto de shocky de una madre diferente#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including south beach & seminole golf club)

https://instagr.am/p/CpDiriEOF3j
89Bear
The fire, enthusiasm, and joy displayed by Fernando was awesome to see!!!
These things usually are lacking from a Wilcox program.
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

1) is spav gonna finally attack the middle 3rd of the field? Endries some, so yes

2) is all american jaydn ott gonna get the ball space via pitch outs? No

3) r there gonna be jet designed explosive plays that exploit his unique skillset? Some use yes

4) is it gonna be coach bray or coach sirmon that dials up the pressure on the opposing qb that causes the turnovers that tilt the game? Bray

5) is the bears special teams coverage which is handled on a part time basis gonna give up any damaging returns?... Yes it's almost a given the bears r gonna fair catch every punt & kickoff

6) 4th down attempts, which head coach is playing to win & which coach is playing not to lose? Smith

7) home field advantage, will shocky storm the field? Not a chance, headed early back to Yountville

82gradDLSdad
SBGold said:

Shocky1 said:

1) is spav gonna finally attack the middle 3rd of the field? Endries some, so yes

2) is all american jaydn ott gonna get the ball space via pitch outs? No

3) r there gonna be jet designed explosive plays that exploit his unique skillset? Some use yes

4) is it gonna be coach bray or coach sirmon that dials up the pressure on the opposing qb that causes the turnovers that tilt the game? Bray

5) is the bears special teams coverage which is handled on a part time basis gonna give up any damaging returns?... Yes it's almost a given the bears r gonna fair catch every punt & kickoff

6) 4th down attempts, which head coach is playing to win & which coach is playing not to lose? Smith

7) home field advantage, will shocky storm the field? Not a chance, headed early back to Yountville

We Knowl ton about the future.
Shocky1

^^^ 89, justin is kinda tightly wound in a highly competitive intense sort of way, he would benefit from a yoga/meditation practice & deep breathing exercises along with probably a good **** too

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1

cal's offensive line (needs more consistency)#
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.