cal's monster offensive line

1,737,902 Views | 10775 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Shocky1
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearGreg said:

Shocky1 said:

They just said on pac12 networks that Sam isn't even dressing for the game today. Why?

bearsandgiants, realize that the premium board don't got much transparency (or often even inside information & unfortunately the balls to accurately report/investigate the ongoing damage to cal's revenue sports by knowlton) but the +1 athletic sam (who gotta lotta explosive football skillsets) also needs to focus on his academics & earn a life changing degree from the #1 university in the world that will change the trajectory of his life & allow him to take care of moms

believe it or not there are things more important than football for all of our hard working true student athletes, the mental health of these remarkable individuals who have all come together from different family situations should be the #1 priority (and not dumb azz uniformed qb depth chart threads with inaccurate speculation)

50 year degree that opens doors to building generational wealth#
What does it mean when someone is projecting?

Projection is a type of defense mechanism or means of coping. People may use defense mechanisms and unconscious mental strategies to cope with stressful or anxiety-provoking thoughts and experiences. When someone unconsciously attributes their thoughts, feelings, or behaviors to another person, they are projecting.

Sam has self-selected not to play the rest of the season and will have a medical procedure in the near future that was not mandatory but good for him in the long term

Just as good as taking time off for school. The kid got a foot in the door to Cal through football. Now take advantage of this opportunity without killing yourself for a sport. School and health are more important.
Shocky1
cal senior golfer sampson zheng lost in a playoff at the prestigious asia pacific amateur at the top 10 in the world ranked royal melbroune, congrats to sampson for his outstanding tournament (a win would've earned him invitations to the 2024 masters & british open)...will be interesting to see if the bears can still win the collegiate tournament at the preserve with balls in the air tomorrow morning
Shocky1

nando: the most engaging personality in college football#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including biscayne bay where the cuban gentlemen sleep all day)
89Bear
Fernando is an absolute stud!!! He is the real deal. He can make any throw, see the field, and he has the IT factor. He reminds me of Paws, one of my favorite Bears of all time.
I think Fernando is going to the League! With him leading the way, I have confidence that the Bears will be for real moving forward. Keep Ott happy. In the portal get another stud receiver who wants to ball out in the ACC. Then we need to go all out for an edge rusher. Fernando gives this program hope!!
Crazy that he turns out to be a program changer!!
JB was a Chieftain
89Bear said:

Fernando is an absolute stud!!! He is the real deal. He can make any throw, see the field, and he has the IT factor. He reminds me of Paws, one of my favorite Bears of all time.
I think Fernando is going to the League! With him leading the way, I have confidence that the Bears will be for real moving forward. Keep Ott happy. In the portal get another stud receiver who wants to ball out in the ACC. Then we need to go all out for an edge rusher. Fernando gives this program hope!!

Priority #1 should be an apex predator DE/OLB. I know easier said than done.
Big C
JB was a Chieftain said:

89Bear said:

Priority #1 should be an apex predator DE/OLB. I know easier said than done.

We're gonna have holes to fill all up and down the roster, before even accounting for who might leave to go elsewhere.

WR
OL
LB
DB
Shocky1
2024 monster transfer portal priorities (at this moment in time, **** can change): keep in mind that with already 13 high school 2024 commits, available schollys are gonna be at a premium

1) a unicorn or two for cal's monster offensive line to replace starters cindo & barrett miller...coach bloesch has already offered michigan state's keyshawn blackstock who entered the portal this week

2) an apex predator that can make plays behind the line of scrimmage (bears are an abysmal 11th in the pac 12 in sacks with only 11 sacks thus far in the 2023 season: https://static.pac-12.com/sports/football/pdf/2023/Pac-12_FB_Stats.pdf)

3) an impact starting safety

4) a new pair of fuschia socks

wc22
We need an impact CB too. Earby maybe that guy but he hasn't taken the step up he needs to.
89Bear
Shocky, don't be a dumbazz. You need to first up your game in regards to rushing the court at Haas. Maybe try not to be the only dude running out there!!!!
BearGreg
Staff
Sam Jackson was on the sidelines vs USC rooting as loudly and as excitedly as any player on the team.
Shocky1
^ thumbs up for the team player from the windy city
Shocky1

wc, if & when jeremiah earby decides/dedicates himself to working as hard as keo at his craft, then the quick twitch +1 athletic cornerback with long levers will be the next impact bay area native starter for them california golden bears

sweat equity (gets u paid in the national ******* football league)#
Econ141

If you build it, they will come.
sycasey
Econ141 said:

If you build it, they will come.
Still not sure how this guy builds these lists. There's no way he's actually watching all these games and paying attention to the student sections.
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

2024 monster transfer portal priorities (at this moment in time, **** can change): keep in mind that with already 13 high school 2024 commits, available schollys are gonna be at a premium

1) a unicorn or two for cal's monster offensive line to replace starters cindo & barrett miller...coach bloesch has already offered michigan state's keyshawn blackstock who entered the portal this week

2) an apex predator that can make plays behind the line of scrimmage (bears are an abysmal 11th in the pac 12 in sacks with only 11 sacks thus far in the 2023 season: https://static.pac-12.com/sports/football/pdf/2023/Pac-12_FB_Stats.pdf)

3) an impact starting safety

4) a new pair of fuschia socks

Agree that those positions are of high need. But this team has a lot of needs. The HS class which sits at 13 is still actively recruiting others like Salesi Manu (edge), The Helton brothers (OL) and Naki Tuakoi LB/Edge. Assuming they would take both the OL and 1 of the edge/LB players that would put the class at 16 barring decommits. They will need other portal players besides the 3 positions listed in your post.

This tells me the staff is expecting a significant number of current players to either enter the portal or graduate and move on. Like last season it appears the roster will once again undergo a major transformation. Unfortunately it does not appear that the HC will be moving on.
Shocky1
^ 6956, wut ima hearing is significantly less portal transfers in & out than last season but agreed it's gonna be an interesting offseason when the portal opens up on december 4th for only 30 crazy azz hectic days (new ncca timeframes, last year it wuz open for a much longer 45 days)
Shocky1

2024 acc schedule: could not be more excited about the intergalactic golf/football roadtrips to smu (another texas road game is integral to our current recruiting at the university of calveston), to our new enemies at florida state that didn't want calford, and roadies to virginia & virginia tech

kinda funny how the only people unhappy with this new breath of fresh air acc schedule are those beaten down cal fans that never travel to road games anyway (and in many cases even memorial stadium anymore), in which case their opinions are as irrelevant at 30 day old deep fried barracuda

wouldn't u?
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

2024 acc schedule: could not be more excited about the intergalactic golf/football roadtrips to smu (another texas road game is integral to our current recruiting at the university of calveston), to our new enemies at florida state that didn't want calford, and roadies to virginia & virginia tech

kinda funny how the only people unhappy with this new breath of fresh air acc schedule are those beaten down cal fans that never travel to road games anyway (and in many cases even memorial stadium anymore), in which case their opinions are as irrelevant at 30 day old deep fried barracuda

wouldn't u?
I'm stoked for FSU and for the Miami home game. SMU could be fun as well.
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

^ 6956, wut ima hearing is significantly less portal transfers in & out than last season but agreed it's gonna be an interesting offseason when the portal opens up on december 4th for only 30 crazy azz hectic days (new ncca timeframes, last year it wuz open for a much longer 45 days)
I am suprised to hear they expect significantly less movement in and out. The roster is really not very strong. There are very few impact guys. A lot of very average P4 level players. And this roster lacks team speed. Ott and Jet can run. The defensive front 7 other than KEO is well below average in speed and quickness for their positions.

They need at least 2 OL and 2 Safeties and likely 2 OLB/edge guys. WR needs help. These positions must be addressed in the portal. I would like another CB as well.
Big C
Shocky1 said:

Dear Santa,

I have been very good this year. For Christmas, could you please give my favorite football team the next Zack Follett? Thanks in advance. Hope you have a great 2024! After the portal closes, maybe you and Mrs. Claus can go to Tahiti for a couple of months to relax.

- Big C
sycasey
Miami, NC State, and 'Cuse is not a bad draw for the first home schedule.
Strykur
sycasey said:

It's an easy draw really, I was expecting us to get tossed into the shark tank with Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, etc.
AZ Bear
6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

I am suprised to hear they expect significantly less movement in and out. The roster is really not very strong. There are very few impact guys. A lot of very average P4 level players. And this roster lacks team speed. Ott and Jet can run. The defensive front 7 other than KEO is well below average in speed and quickness for their positions.

They need at least 2 OL and 2 Safeties and likely 2 OLB/edge guys. WR needs help. These positions must be addressed in the portal. I would like another CB as well.

Good points 6956,

Where I would differ a bit is the extent of our need at WR. Obviously we want to upgrade talent wherever we can and WR would be no exception. But I don't think WR is one of our top needs. We only lose Hightower and Monroe Young to graduation, and then J. Hunter could decide to test the NFL waters. I am very happy with Grizzell as one of our top 3 targets next year, and I think Taj Davis could step up and fill some of the void if J. Hunter leaves.

But we have a lot of promising WRs that didn't get a chance to contribute this year:

-Mason Starling leaps to mind as a guy I'm excited about if he can return from injury. --Mavin Anderson disappeared this year, but could be be a solid contributor if given more opportunity?
-Nyziah Hunter was a heralded recruit who has now had a year in the system.
-Dortch is a speedy receiver....couldn't he contribute, or was he a bust?
-Robinson, Plummer, and Mangum are 3 other guys in the program that might be able to move up and contribute.

It's possible that some of these guys didn't see the field because they aren't as good as the staff hoped. But more likely is that they just haven't gotten their chance yet because they're young and not as good as the WRs ahead of them.

There's a mix of speed and big receivers in that group. I would always want more speed if we can get it, but the cupboard is not looking bare. Now Spav will want to bring in several WRs every year in perpetuity, just to keep the pipeline stocked. So I'm not saying our WR room will be the strength of the team....no, we should definitely look to upgrade.

But my point is that, to me, WR is not among our top 4 needs.

Position groups that are a higher priority for me are:

DB -- Need to replace McMorris and Nohl Williams -- those guys are important cogs. Woodie will be gone, too.

LB -- As you said, we need one or more edge guys that can pressure the QB. Reese graduates. We obviously lose Sirmon in the middle....maybe Uluave or Allen can be his replacement, but getting another couple solid rotation pieces (or starters) would be helpful.

OL -- I agree we should bring in 2 experienced O-linemen. I hope the Michigan State guy decides to come here.

DL -- We have a lot of depth here (we lose Long) but we could use more quickness. Signing one impact player would be better than adding a plethora of additional depth. Who knows what Brett Johnson will decide to do, but if he departs, this position group is a greater need than WR to me.

Special Teams - We need to figure out who can kick field goals for us. Maybe Luckhurst clears his head and becomes the guy, but if not, let's bring in a kicker. I don't think Bhagani has enough range to be the kicker on a team that has a thin margin for error. We will also probably need another punter...Wilson has been great -- we'll need someone to replace him (assuming he leaves).

QB -- I love Mendoza too, but we need a competent backup. I don't want our season to be destroyed if Mendoza gets injured. I'm in favor of Jackson staying, but that's mostly up to him. I suspect Finley departs too. So I think restocking the QB is a significant priority, even though we already have our starter.

WR - This is where I would put our WR needs. As I said above, we should add some guys every single year. But if by some chance we were going to add no new talent at a position, I'd rather stand pat with our WRs than our QB room (I am assuming we lose one or both of Sam and Finley). Thus, I would say QB is arguably a higher priority.

RB - I love our RB room and I'll still love it next year assuming no unexpected departures. I think Williams-Thomas, Cardwell, and Doerue will make up for the loss of Ifanse. So RB is our lowest need.
sycasey
Strykur said:

sycasey said:

It's an easy draw really, I was expecting us to get tossed into the shark tank with Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, etc.

Yeah, they're not too hard but are still interesting opponents.
Shocky1

congrats to super sophmore nathan wang & daniel heo (playing as an individual his round included a snowman 8 on the 562 yard par 5 4th hole ) on their boss man 3 under par 69s at the fazio designed preserve...also solid play by charlie berridge with 6 birdies en route to a 1 under par 71

but overall a very disappointing 1st round with the bears in 11th place out of 15 competing teams & 10 strokes off the lead of oregon...tony chen & ethan fang both had 8s on their scorecards on the way to 75s along with ethan chung... yeah senior leader sampson zheng is returning back to the states from australia after fabulous play at the royal melbourne composite course & true freshman phenom eric lee did not scoring qualify for the tournament

the good news is that coach chun's team is playing better (particularly daniel who is now 5 under par for the tournament & tied for 3rd in the individual scoring) at the start of the 2nd round with the bears now tied for 8th place which wuz halted due to darkness...the bears will finish the 2nd round & play a final 3rd round tomorrow

let's ******* go (r u a homakawa or not?)#
Shocky1
zony, a lotta insightful commentary as usual

a teammate of him tole me marquez dortch might be the fastest guy in the football program...and nyziah hunter got +1 footspeed, he just needed a 2023 blueshirt season to improve his route running & acclimate academically in berkeley...imo no need for any portal transfers given the scarcity of the available schollys despite the fact that jeremiah hunter, taj davis & trond grizzell are the only 3 wideouts that have shown any ability to create separation from defenders...a healthy mavin anderson will be a threat

tight end jack endries got all acc upside next season, nobody else in this room has made a move this season which is gonna open the door for the +1 athletic ben marshall next spring to earn the 2nd team job

there's zero chance that the academically focused & ur neighbor ben finley is gonna depart without a berkeley degree, ok?

agreed that the bears are well stocked at running back as long as the pac 12' s leading rusher jaydn ott returns as expected for the 2024 acc season & oaktown's javian "the jet" thomas get touches in space on pitch outs like javid did back in the day...and make no mistake about it my boy ashton stredick is still the future of cal football

hopefully BRETT JOHNSON decides to return to berkeley for another season, he's not gonna be on any draft boards at this time coming off 2 brutal injuries tho the incremental progress/mobility is there

not a fan of coach so'oto's work either with the outside linebackers or the special teams, the bears lack a reliable apex predator edge defender which is why the bears are currently 11th in the pac 12 in sacks...whatever vic is teaching the guys isn't translating into violent play or production on the field...x man need & jernigan to wake the **** up & play with a relentless motor all the ******* time

at inside linebacker, +1 quick twitch athlete cade uluave got the physical tools to be the next football junkie kaleb alarms orr who is the pac 12's leading tackler...depth behind them is a concern but hoping hunter barth develops & nate ruchena is healthy all season

as both nohl williams & craig woodson gotta another year of eligibility that is available in berkeley for the takers, the staff is not gonna offer anyone who isn't an elite impact starting safety...lu magia hearns & matthew littlejohn have flashed at times this season

as you pointed out the bears still need a scholly punter for 2024, flipping 4.73 gpa at horizon high school kanyon floyd from asu is the best option on the table in signing a 4 year elite punter with a ray guy kicking motion with unreal height/hang time on his kicks who would thrive in the classrooms of berkeley

with 13 current high school commitments, the limited number of transfer portal schollys available will be a little more clear in watching who walks with the departing seniors at the final home game at memorial stadium on november 11th with a 1:00 kickoff

oskiswifeshusband
JWT and Cardwell at Rb good too.
On O seems like it's just OL we need
Shocky1
^ 100%

cal's monster offensive line (needs a unicorn or two)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

checking into the claremont hotel for an official visit this weekend is 6'3" 240 lbs apex predator sack master salesi manu from reno's bishop manogue high school (the home of sioape vatikani) who plays with a poly bad azz relentless motor kinda like his dad charles who played for the wolfpack back in the day

and let's be real here, cal's outside linebackers have not consistently made plays behind the line of scrimmage during 2023, an infusion of quick twitch +1 athleticism is gonna be necessary for a better bears defense in the 2024 acc season

warning: do NOT watch the following video which got violent images if u got heart condition issues or something

washington state (which will be playing in a mid major conference along with oregon state next season with the nuclear destruction of the pac 12) is probably the leader right now for salesi who got around a dozen+ offers

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including those of the lds faith & a 3 hour drive to memorial stadium on gamedays for the fam)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1

best (drunk azz) fanbase in college football#
6956bear
AZ Bear said:

6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

Good points 6956,

Where I would differ a bit is the extent of our need at WR. Obviously we want to upgrade talent wherever we can and WR would be no exception. But I don't think WR is one of our top needs. We only lose Hightower and Monroe Young to graduation, and then J. Hunter could decide to test the NFL waters. I am very happy with Grizzell as one of our top 3 targets next year, and I think Taj Davis could step up and fill some of the void if J. Hunter leaves.

But we have a lot of promising WRs that didn't get a chance to contribute this year:

-Mason Starling leaps to mind as a guy I'm excited about if he can return from injury. --Mavin Anderson disappeared this year, but could be be a solid contributor if given more opportunity?
-Nyziah Hunter was a heralded recruit who has now had a year in the system.
-Dortch is a speedy receiver....couldn't he contribute, or was he a bust?
-Robinson, Plummer, and Mangum are 3 other guys in the program that might be able to move up and contribute.

It's possible that some of these guys didn't see the field because they aren't as good as the staff hoped. But more likely is that they just haven't gotten their chance yet because they're young and not as good as the WRs ahead of them.

There's a mix of speed and big receivers in that group. I would always want more speed if we can get it, but the cupboard is not looking bare. Now Spav will want to bring in several WRs every year in perpetuity, just to keep the pipeline stocked. So I'm not saying our WR room will be the strength of the team....no, we should definitely look to upgrade.

But my point is that, to me, WR is not among our top 4 needs.

Position groups that are a higher priority for me are:

DB -- Need to replace McMorris and Nohl Williams -- those guys are important cogs. Woodie will be gone, too.

LB -- As you said, we need one or more edge guys that can pressure the QB. Reese graduates. We obviously lose Sirmon in the middle....maybe Uluave or Allen can be his replacement, but getting another couple solid rotation pieces (or starters) would be helpful.

OL -- I agree we should bring in 2 experienced O-linemen. I hope the Michigan State guy decides to come here.

DL -- We have a lot of depth here (we lose Long) but we could use more quickness. Signing one impact player would be better than adding a plethora of additional depth. Who knows what Brett Johnson will decide to do, but if he departs, this position group is a greater need than WR to me.

Special Teams - We need to figure out who can kick field goals for us. Maybe Luckhurst clears his head and becomes the guy, but if not, let's bring in a kicker. I don't think Bhagani has enough range to be the kicker on a team that has a thin margin for error. We will also probably need another punter...Wilson has been great -- we'll need someone to replace him (assuming he leaves).

QB -- I love Mendoza too, but we need a competent backup. I don't want our season to be destroyed if Mendoza gets injured. I'm in favor of Jackson staying, but that's mostly up to him. I suspect Finley departs too. So I think restocking the QB is a significant priority, even though we already have our starter.

WR - This is where I would put our WR needs. As I said above, we should add some guys every single year. But if by some chance we were going to add no new talent at a position, I'd rather stand pat with our WRs than our QB room (I am assuming we lose one or both of Sam and Finley). Thus, I would say QB is arguably a higher priority.

RB - I love our RB room and I'll still love it next year assuming no unexpected departures. I think Williams-Thomas, Cardwell, and Doerue will make up for the loss of Ifanse. So RB is our lowest need.

The program has I believe 11 guys that are out of eligibility. Maybe a couple more. They have 13 commits. They are actively recruiting more HS players. They will be looking in the portal for some players as well. There are going to be departures. Some the staff probably already knows about. Additionally the staff likely gives both Grizzell and Endries scholarships.

There are 4 more games to play. Does anyone get hurt to the point where next season is in doubt? Does the team fall off a cliff and lose out? I see a maybe average team talent wise. Cal is moving conferences. They are joining the ACC. They are going there because during realignment the big 2 conferences said no thanks. There is a real chance that the next realignment finds Cal on the outside. Unless they start to win and fill the seats. They won't fill these seats going 6-6 and playing home games with Syracuse and Wake Forest. So the team needs to become compelling. They need to win.

I do not see the roster the same way you do. I see average players. When you have an average roster you need superior coaching. Does anyone feel this staff is at that level? So you need to improve the team enough that even this level of coaching can win. JMO but standing pat at some positions is not a good idea. If you can find IMPACT players at any position that want to come IMO you have to bring them in.

Cal will field 85 scholarship football players. Will they be good enough to win 8+ games? Cal cannot try and build any longer. Time is running out. Things have changed. They need to win starting next year. Really needed to earlier but next year is a must.

I assume that Wilcox returns. Probably most of this staff. So you better find players that can play. The staff has shown they cannot win with what they have now.

Shocky1
6956, 100% that the bears gotta start winning during the 2024 debut season in the acc in order to be in a solid position during the next round of college realignment...the key will be scheduling a winnable game for the 4th out of conference game to round out the roadtrip to auburn & winnable home games against san diego state & uc davis...scheduling a tuff 4th game would be a mistake of epic proportions (kinda like the bearinsider.com ignoring the damage created by knowlton to the revenue sports), the a-b-c scheduling formula is outdated as we need to mirror the sec model of a-c-c-d

there is zero chance that coach wilcox is not gonna be the bears head coach in 2024...hopefully justin will replace the underperforming so'oto with a real special teams coach & personally take over the coaching of the outside linebackers room in hopefully developing an apex predator edge defender that can pressure opposing qbs

elite 8+ winning game programs all got dynamic qb play, nando is a difference maker with 6'5" height allowing him to see the field & his quickly developing ability to ascend thru progressions is gonna result in victories, nandomania is a real thing...with all due respect to chase garbers, qb play has been mediocre at best during the 7 year wilcox era, fernando changes the upward trajectory (and the energy) of the program

but that only works with a strong offensive line & coach bloesch is unequivocally the staff's best coach...despite the brutal loss of leader matthew cindric, the night & day improvement of cal's monster offensive line has resulted in a significant reduction in the # of sacks/qb hurries & the bears are now a transformative 3rd in the pac 12 in rushing yards per game only behind oregon & ucla...yeah it's truly pound for ground at the university of calveston

with 13 high school commits & future schollys to starters jack endries & trond grizzell along with the next punter (flipping asu commit/booming trajectory & hang time kanyon floyd is marshall cherrington's best option on the table), there's not gonna be many incoming portal transfers for 2024

the following 10 bears are gonna be out of eligibility after the 2023 season:

raymond woodie iii
brian hightower
david reese
jackson sirmon
patrick mcmorris
monroe young
isaiah ifanse (luv the work he's doing mentoring the jet on & off the field)
darius long jr
barrett miller
matthew cindric (the smartest bear of them all)

beyond these 10 berkeley grads it will be very insightful to see which other bears with remaining eligibility walk with their families during senior day prior to the final home game against washington state on november 11th

transfer portal schollys are gonna be scarce due to the numbers crunch as outlined above, the staff is gonna be surgical in their extension of actionable offers with cal's monster offensive line the clearcut #1 priority along with any potential impact apex predator edge defender

https://instagr.am/p/CMu5z6ylFwY
the world according to shocky (ur invited to pet my horsey & doggys with me)#
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

6956, 100% that the bears gotta start winning during the 2024 debut season in the acc in order to be in a solid position during the next round of college realignment...the key will be scheduling a winnable game for the 4th out of conference game to round out the roadtrip to auburn & winnable home games against san diego state & uc davis...scheduling a tuff 4th game would be a mistake of epic proportions (kinda like the bearinsider.com ignoring the damage created by knowlton to the revenue sports), the a-b-c scheduling formula is outdated as we need to mirror the sec model of a-c-c-d

there is zero chance that coach wilcox is not gonna be the bears head coach in 2024...hopefully justin will replace the underperforming so'oto with a real special teams coach & personally take over the coaching of the outside linebackers room in hopefully developing an apex predator edge defender that can pressure opposing qbs

elite 8+ winning game programs all got dynamic qb play, nando is a difference maker with 6'5" height allowing him to see the field & his quickly developing ability to ascend thru progressions is gonna result in victories, nandomania is a real thing...with all due respect to chase garbers, qb play has been mediocre at best during the 7 year wilcox era, fernando changes the upward trajectory (and the energy) of the program

but that only works with a strong offensive line & coach bloesch is by far the staff's best coach...despite the brutal loss of leader matthew cindric, the night & day improvement of cal's monster offensive line has resulted in a significant reduction in the # of sacks/qb hurries & the bears are now a transformative 3rd in the pac 12 in rushing yards per game only behind oregon & ucla

with 13 high school commits & future schollys to starters jack endries & trond grizzell along with the next punter (flipping asu commit/booming trajectory & hang time kanyon floyd is marshall cherrington's best option on the table), there's not gonna be many incoming portal transfers for 2024

the following 10 bears are gonna be out of eligibility after the 2023 season:

raymond woodie iii
brian hightower
david reese
jackson sirmon
patrick mcmorris
monroe young
isaiah ifanse (luv the work he's doing mentoring the jet on & off the field)
darius long jr
barrett miller
matthew cindric (the smartest bear of them all)

beyond these 10 berkeley grads it will be very insightful to see which other bears with remaining eligibility walk with their families during senior day prior to the final home game against washington state on november 11th

transfer portal schollys are gonna be scarce due to the numbers crunch as outlined above, the staff is gonna be surgical in their extension of actionable offers with cal's monster offensive line the clearcut #1 priority along with any potential impact apex predator edge defender

https://instagr.am/p/CMu5z6ylFwY
the world according to shocky (ur invited to pet my horsey with me)#

They can recruit a lower number of portal players and it can be ok. If they recruit impact players that walk in and start. It will allow for a better NIL disbursement and perhaps give the program a fighting chance for some good players. But no depth filler types. The program needs ballers.

I agree that November 11th will be interesting. I think the number of players that walk could be susbtantial. The players are having to make those intentions known though so the staff does have a good idea of who will be walking now. There will be departures from players with eligibility. There always is. Who and how many will matter.

So'oto has been a disappointment. But there are others I would like to see looked at hard as well. Peter Sirmon for one. Does Cal need 2 DB coaches? What about Burl Toler. The WR room is always supposed to be chock full of dudes but the play rarely matches the hype. And they do not block. Barely even look like they try to. And Andrew Browning. This unit is not showing much improvement year over year. Guys do not improve like you would expect. And S&C needs to be evaluated. Not just the director but the program.

But Mike Bloesch has been terrific. He has turned the unit around. Does Driscoll and Session come back? They can but will they? Spavital looks better with better QB play from Mendoza.

The program does need a legit edge defender. But they need to strongly consider schematic changes that will allow for more TFLS and pressures. But yes a dude at edge is mandatory.
Shocky1
^ the number one area of necessary offseason changes other than so'oto is the failed s&c program which is not developing quick twitch +1 athleticism thru yoga ala my work with jaylen brown

yoga not only got physical benefits but it also helps the mind to become relaxed & focused (sorta quiets all the monkey voices in my head) & move with decisiveness & clarity of thought in an innate manner...the reality is that a lotta the bears mirror their head coach's personality, paralysis by analysis as evidenced by his inability to quickly cut ties with non performing coaches & not giving his longtime live in curvy brunette yoga girlfriend a ring

let's be very clear on this, jaylen would not have signed his recent $305,000,000+ nba super max contract with the boston celtics without the monster

https://instagr.am/p/BZRTvlagD9_
energy shifter (starts on a yoga mat)#
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

^ the number one area of necessary offseason changes other than so'oto is the failed s&c program which is not developing quick twitch +1 athleticism thru yoga ala my work with jaylen brown

yoga not only got physical benefits but it also helps the mind to become relaxed & focused (sorta quiets all the monkey voices in my head) & move with decisiveness & clarity of thought in an innate manner...the reality is that a lotta the bears mirror their head coach's personality, paralysis by analysis as evidenced by his inability to quickly cut ties with non performing coaches & not giving his longtime live in curvy brunette yoga girlfriend a ring

let's be very clear on this, jaylen would not have signed his recent $305,000,000+ nba super max contract with the boston celtics without the monster

https://instagr.am/p/BZRTvlagD9_
energy shifter (starts on a yoga mat)#
I agree the S&C program can and should be better. But the #1 reason the team is not succeeding on the field is the inability to recruit higher end athletes from the outset. A better base of athleticism is needed. There is only so much improvement that can be made. You need better athletes to work with. But I am with you on the S&C program. It has not been good enough.

Wilcox has hired a bunch of guys like himself. Bloesch is a notable exception. Need more coaches like Bloesch and like GA was before he went off to the NFL. For those that pine away for GA to return forget about it. Not happening.

I would keep AT, Spav and Bloesch. All others should be under consideration to be replaced. A couple of coaches with roots in Texas or the southeast may be worth looking at. Along with somebody with strong ties to SoCal. Those are prime recruiting areas for this program now. Texas and the southeast because they will play games there and there are a lot of players. SoCal because it is loaded with players and has always been a prime Cal recruiting area. Wilcox has to continue to look outside his immediate comfort zone.
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 308

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.