cal's monster offensive line

1,530,720 Views | 9972 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by WalterSobchak
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as for the assertion that ima repeating info from other sources, the reality is that i got more inside sources than greg which is why the david reese potential 7th season, brian driscoll's plans for law school, mateen's not receiving a scholly from longwell, taylen green's status as the #1 qb on the staff's big board, the then unsigned oregon state game contract sitting on knowlton's desk, my direct conversations with players during the big game on field celebration, the cal defensive scheme moving to quicker & smaller safeties in 2024, the gpas of every player/prospect involved with cal football & non stop recruiting updates re: cal's monster offensive line are all exclusive information on this thread

were cal's monster class & cal's monster class deux terminated/censored by greg?

u decide

cal's monster class: https://bearinsider.com/forums/8/topics/11616/0

cal's monster class deux: https://bearinsider.com/forums/8/topics/28431/0

StillNoStanfurdium
As someone without direct skin in the game (aside from the obvious of being a Cal fan and therefore wanting what's best for the program) I would say that the continued existence of this thread for 1 year+ and that there's open discussion and open complaints about past actions sort of indicates that there's not a unilateral censorship of Shocky1 by the site.

If they wanted to or clearly harbored a grudge the site could've easily issued a ban. Yes, past threads were old and long and then got closed, but what really is lost if they can still be read and new ones can be created?

If only specific posts were deleted and cited as the reason for thread closures then it seems pretty clear that it's a normal case of content moderation vs. broad censorship. This is a college sports fan forum not the government intruding on public speech.

Also, Shocky1, why not use NIL in that way it's actually intended and go through CALegends to pay for Cal players to promote this animal rescue effort you have going on? It's actually the classically intended, platonic ideal of how NIL should be used in the first place where there's reciprocal benefit for payment. Why let a grudge against Knowlton (who I don't even defend, by the way) stop an action that could benefit both Cal Athletics as well as the Maricopa Animal Rescue thing you've got going on?

SBGold
mbBear said:

wc22 said:

mbBear said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/C0j6yLPNtkt
mb, when greg richardson wrote me the termination email re: cal's monster class (my love letter to the magic of cal basketball) upon purchasing this website from chris avery he indicated he hoped i would continue as a cal donor

but that's not how those of us born under scorpio skies roll, we are the ride or die types
https://www.today.com/life/astrology/scorpio-traits-personality-rcna53084

it's like a light switched off inside me (i haven't donated a nickel to cal athletics since then, my 50 yard perch at memorial stadium wuz prepaid until my death), after attending 100+ home & away bears basketball games in a row, i didn't attend/watch any games for basically 6 years while developing my sorry azz t-rex yoga/meditation practice, playing the world's top 100 golf courses & fundraising for maricopa county doggy rescue facilities with annual revenue dollars a multiple of the current cal football & basketball nil aggregated dollars

so yeah my love affair with cal athletics is kinda complicated but make no mistake about it the monster is gonna be in shreveport on december 16th for the independence bowl & if the bears win he's gonna storm the field regardless of the consequences in the deep south around midnite under louisiana skies

everything after that is unclear, life is not linear & anything is possible

Greg Richardson is employed by the university?
Bear Insider is an official publication of the University?
They are bigger than your Cal spirit? They were part of anything that was Magical for you about Cal Athletics?
Is there a day that goes by that you don't have a great personal Cal moment go through your head? That doesn't outweigh the bitterness?

You have a choice of supporting Cal or not. Cal football would be incredibly different today had the Bruce Snyder deal not gotten effed up. You can believe that Cal basketball would be different if everyone had left you the F alone.
But you can't go back and change history, and any support you fail to give is not punishing those who you hate anyway.
If you get bitten by a dog after yoga tomorrow, you going to stop supporting your dog rescue?
There are two major truths here:

1. The Cal administration undermined Shocky. This is really hard to give up. Getting stabbed in the back is hard to forget.
2. Shocky, by all accounts, is a very persuasive guy who loves Cal and getting him on board with NIL would mean much more than his personal contributions: Shocky being on board with CaLegends would means many multiples of his individual contributions.

The issue is that Shocky has set a hard line at getting Knowland fired. Which none of the players here can do.

So as a Cal fan with not much wealth, I too would want Shocky to not just donate but to use his skills to get others to donate as well (all donations to NIL).

This is an impasse: Can someone hire a hooker or something to get rid of Knowland already? That would solve all issues.

Otherwise, I don't forgive easily either. So, I understand Shocky being pissed. Being betrayed invokes very strong emotions.
Stop it. This is about ego. If the right person kisses his ass to come back, he will be back. If a player like Ott leaves, and he can concretely say his dollars would have made the difference (or if someone says that to him) he will feel a sense of accomplishment.
Please connect the dots as to how anything being shutdown by people here is tied to the administration....
But okay, fine, let's say it is totally about the past actions of the University...why post at all, why remain connected at all? Oh right, so you and others might be impressed by the golf courses he has played, and how hot is daughter is...my bad, carry on....
You seem triggered, might want to take the weekend off to cool down
SBGold
StillNoStanfurdium said:

As someone without direct skin in the game (aside from the obvious of being a Cal fan and therefore wanting what's best for the program) I would say that the continued existence of this thread for 1 year+ and that there's open discussion and open complaints about past actions sort of indicates that there's not a unilateral censorship of Shocky1 by the site.

If they wanted to or clearly harbored a grudge the site could've easily issued a ban. Yes, past threads were old and long and then got closed, but what really is lost if they can still be read and new ones can be created?

If only specific posts were deleted and cited as the reason for thread closures then it seems pretty clear that it's a normal case of content moderation vs. broad censorship. This is a college sports fan forum not the government intruding on public speech.

Also, Shocky1, why not use NIL in that way it's actually intended and go through CALegends to pay for Cal players to promote this animal rescue effort you have going on? It's actually the classically intended, platonic ideal of how NIL should be used in the first place where there's reciprocal benefit for payment. Why let a grudge against Knowlton (who I don't even defend, by the way) stop an action that could benefit both Cal Athletics as well as the Maricopa Animal Rescue thing you've got going on?

this would be awesome. Go for it Shockster
oskiswifeshusband
Cal football saving puppers! Please make it happen Shocky.
mbBear
SBGold said:

mbBear said:

wc22 said:

mbBear said:

Shocky1 said:

mb, when greg richardson wrote me the termination email re: cal's monster class (my love letter to the magic of cal basketball) upon purchasing this website from chris avery he indicated he hoped i would continue as a cal donor

but that's not how those of us born under scorpio skies roll, we are the ride or die types

it's like a light switched off inside me (i haven't donated a nickel to cal athletics since then, my 50 yard perch at memorial stadium wuz prepaid until my death), after attending 100+ home & away bears basketball games in a row, i didn't attend/watch any games for basically 6 years while developing my sorry azz t-rex yoga/meditation practice, playing the world's top 100 golf courses & fundraising for maricopa county doggy rescue facilities with annual revenue dollars a multiple of the current cal football & basketball nil aggregated dollars

so yeah my love affair with cal athletics is kinda complicated but make no mistake about it the monster is gonna be in shreveport on december 16th for the independence bowl & if the bears win he's gonna storm the field regardless of the consequences in the deep south around midnite under louisiana skies

They are bigger than your Cal spirit? They were part of anything that was Magical for you about Cal Athletics?
Is there a day that goes by that you don't have a great personal Cal moment go through your head? That doesn't outweigh the bitterness?

You have a choice of supporting Cal or not. Cal football would be incredibly different today had the Bruce Snyder deal not gotten effed up. You can believe that Cal basketball would be different if everyone had left you the F alone.
But you can't go back and change history, and any support you fail to give is not punishing those who you hate anyway.
If you get bitten by a dog after yoga tomorrow, you going to stop supporting your dog rescue?

1. The Cal administration undermined Shocky. This is really hard to give up. Getting stabbed in the back is hard to forget.
2. Shocky, by all accounts, is a very persuasive guy who loves Cal and getting him on board with NIL would mean much more than his personal contributions: Shocky being on board with CaLegends would means many multiples of his individual contributions.

The issue is that Shocky has set a hard line at getting Knowland fired. Which none of the players here can do.

So as a Cal fan with not much wealth, I too would want Shocky to not just donate but to use his skills to get others to donate as well (all donations to NIL).

This is an impasse: Can someone hire a hooker or something to get rid of Knowland already? That would solve all issues.

Otherwise, I don't forgive easily either. So, I understand Shocky being pissed. Being betrayed invokes very strong emotions.
Stop it. This is about ego. If the right person kisses his ass to come back, he will be back. If a player like Ott leaves, and he can concretely say his dollars would have made the difference (or if someone says that to him) he will feel a sense of accomplishment.
Please connect the dots as to how anything being shutdown by people here is tied to the administration....
But okay, fine, let's say it is totally about the past actions of the University...why post at all, why remain connected at all? Oh right, so you and others might be impressed by the golf courses he has played, and how hot is daughter is...my bad, carry on....

Going to see Kentucky play Penn tomorrow...is that a good or bad remedy?
SBGold
mbBear said:

SBGold said:

mbBear said:

wc22 said:

mbBear said:

Shocky1 said:

That game will be over way before halftime
mbBear
SBGold said:

mbBear said:

SBGold said:

mbBear said:

wc22 said:

mbBear said:

Shocky1 said:

That game will be over way before halftime

If Penn plays like they did against Nova, they at least stay in the game. But the Philly Kentucky guys will be wanting to put on a show so we will see.
Not like I paid for the tickets...lol
eastcoastcal
StillNoStanfurdium said:

I love it!

How about a promotion for Players & Puppies? Or Cal & Canines (or O-line and Canines if you want to be in the spirit of this thread!) DBs and Doggies! Punters, Placekickers, and Pooches. So many ideas.

Everyone here is passionate about Cal and helping us win on the field. Let's make it happen!
GoldenBear1
Peace baby!
Come together
And let's all make 2024 a special year for Cal Athletics
Go Bears!
oskiswifeshusband
Life is too short. Forgiveness. WIN THE FKN ACC
ducky23
As someone with absolutely no dog in this fight, I'll say this. As we all know, this is an extremely critical time for cal sports. What we do now will shape the future of cal athletics forever. We all love cal. We all want the same thing. This is absolutely not the time to be bickering with each other.

I think I speak for most people here that it's time for all of us to put aside ego, pride, past grudges, etc and it's time to start pulling the rope together. We need to be collaborating together, not spending time measuring each others egos.

And I'm not talking just about shocky. Why aren't we cooperating with other cal communities like W4C? I know BI has had a past with W4C, but once they found out the Collective was doing a donation push, they got the word out immediately and have been pushing it pretty hard. And once W4C got the word out, it started spreading on cal Twitter. I know these aren't the "type of donors" we're necessarily looking for, but just getting the word out to other cal communities, to other cal people, other than people only on BI can only be a good thing.

There's a lot of rich cal Alums out there. 99% of them have no idea what the Cal Legends collective is. We need to get the word out any way we can. And we just don't have the luxury right now to be alienating anyone, whether that's shocky or W4C or whoever.
Econ141
ducky23 said:

As someone with absolutely no dog in this fight, I'll say this. As we all know, this is an extremely critical time for cal sports. What we do now will shape the future of cal athletics forever. We all love cal. We all want the same thing. This is absolutely not the time to be bickering with each other.

I think I speak for most people here that it's time for all of us to put aside ego, pride, past grudges, etc and it's time to start pulling the rope together. We need to be collaborating together, not spending time measuring each others egos.

And I'm not talking just about shocky. Why aren't we cooperating with other cal communities like W4C? I know BI has had a past with W4C, but once they found out the Collective was doing a donation push, they got the word out immediately and have been pushing it pretty hard. And once W4C got the word out, it started spreading on cal Twitter. I know these aren't the "type of donors" we're necessarily looking for, but just getting the word out to other cal communities, to other cal people, other than people only on BI can only be a good thing.

There's a lot of rich cal Alums out there. 99% of them have no idea what the Cal Legends collective is. We need to get the word out any way we can. And we just don't have the luxury right now to be alienating anyone, whether that's shocky or W4C or whoever.

100% - I am letting go of my Eeyore view on all things Cal (except for incompetent admin) until it is clear we are getting left out.
Sebastabear
ducky23 said:

There's an embedded assumption in all this that those of us running the collective are ignoring constituencies that can help and are willing to do so, It is neither accurate nor fair. In this particular case I have been in contact with the W4C guys. They reached out and I wrote them a long email explaining exactly what we are trying to accomplish and the timeframe in which we are trying to accomplish it. And they've been extremely helpful not just now but also in the past publicizing the work of the collective. They are great.

But to say it for probably the 10,000th time, there is no single magic bullet that fixes this problem. The broader Cal community is generally disengaged in football and MBB not because we are not getting enough publicity for our efforts. They are disengaged because our results have sucked . . . for decades. I talk to people every day who have more money than they could ever spend in a dozen lifetimes and yet really could not care less about how to make Cal Football more competitive.

The trick is not finding wealthy people. The trick is finding people just wealthy enough who are passionate about the success of our program.

So it is not a question of having lower subscription levels or better button interfaces on our website or cheaper hats or unmodified threads on Bear Insider or even having me personally spending more hours of the day posting on more media platforms. I continually get messages that if we just "do this one more thing" that we will of course unlock some vast torrent of money that will flow into the collective. I wish that were true. It is not. it is hard work and it is a grind and it is endless. But hopefully the ultimate payoff will be worth the price. And if people want to help then I would like them to spend less time suggesting things the collective should be doing and more time taking ownership of what they personally can do to make things better for Cal football. Because this is not my program and this is not Marshawn's program and this certainly is not Jim Knowlton's program or Carol Christ"s program. It is the Cal fanbase's program. We all own it and we all need to do what we can to help It. Call up your friends who are wealthy and see if they want to give. And if they don't know about the collective, tell them. Talk to a local business about whether they've considered working with Cal athletes. Anything. We could use any help people want to provide. But I'm going to completely lose my mind if I hear one more rationalization from someone who has some ridiculous past grievance about why they wont do something to help make the program better. It's beyond ridiculous. It's insane.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C0dCS_6r5IV
quick twitch +1 athletic cal commit#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CiqCIzpAyxi
look, texas tech got **** academics compared to my alma mater but they gonna be a tuff flyer t-rex match up at the independence bowl in the deep south whose murky bayous never give up her dead when shocky recklessly storms the field like a freed rescue doggy with green eyes at the speed of light towards the 50 yard line which will be the epicenter of planet earth at that exact moment in time which will never be repeated again regardless of the consequences that he is warned about by the old men playing checkers in the park while the cake's cool icing melts in the dark if the bears are victorious in the shreveport riverboat gambling chilly nite air as that elusive curvy brunette yoga female alligator cries as we drive past the wawa towards the blue light of the future that is not only unknowable but also closer to the rippling melancholy river sounds of those boats that struggle year after year against the current that tirelessly navigate towards a 2024 inaugural acc season on the east coast which is further afar from the sorry azz broken down truck stop/trailer park skool towns like lubbock or something

this **** is getting live (at my alma mater)#
Shocky1
^ serious question: does lubbock got any book stores or something?

https://instagr.am/p/ChmtLy4rxcS
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

dear isaiah

how r u?

i am fine

hope u enjoy ur official visit to berkeley this weekend & congrats on being named ur jc conference's defensive most valuable player...more importantly u got good hair

why is trinity valley's mascot a cardinal?...r there a lotta cardinals in athens texas or something

the truth is that both of cal's safeties (they are elite tacklers of ball handlers) this season were really bad in passing coverage, they both lack the necessary footspeed to assist in coverage & that's why the 2024 bears defensive scheme is gonna feature much quicker & smaller safeties, got it?...and that's why ur 5'10" 175 lbs ball hawking stature is considered a plus in berkeley, ur 5 interceptions last season would be an upgrade for a program with slow azz safeties that don't cover nobody

look isaiah, ur not a dumb azz, did texas tech (the raiders are the bears opponent in the upcoming independence bowl) share with u on your official visit to cosmopolitan & diverse lubbock last weekend this kinda important document?...wut's tech ranked?
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

i dunno u gotta pick the best school for u, maybe u wanna work the security nite shifts at the presidential markets mall someday after football is done with u, a tech degree will 100% open that door for u

or u could build generational wealth at the #1 ranked public university in the world

let's be real here, this **** is not that complicated, ok?

shocky

como estas sebastian?

yo soy bueno

did u get a good nite sleep last nite at the claremont during ur official visit to cal?...unlike bozeman & lubbock, there r a lotta palm trees in cali...would u please do me a solid & let me know how many palm trees r in this video?

anyways my culinary breakfast recommendation is that u order the scrambled egg omelette with ham, green onions & sauted mushrooms along with a 32 oz green juice & apple slices for desert this morning at the claremont, ok?

as a 6'3" 284 lbs montana state defensive tackle portal transfer with an unreal 5 sacks last season from spring valley that got 1 year of remaining eligibility & that plays with a violent streak on the field it would probably make a lot of sense to commit to the #1 ranked public university in the world if ur goal in life is to build generational wealth

pro tip: do NOT make fun of coach browning's hair, he don't got no good hair like u & marshall

shocky
Shocky1
if craig woodson declares for the 2024 nfl draft, those dreams are gonna die at cal's pro day when he is timed in the 40, he needs 12 months of speedwork in the s&c program to improve his footspeed to get paid in the nfl

running 3-4 yards while in coverage behind pac 12 tight ends is not gonna get u paid in the national football league
rush the field
Shocky,

Thanks for the Dubai tips !

After watching Cal's victory on my iphone through a cell connection and SlingTV app (has worked for me in other countries), I'll storm the hotel lobby on my way to a reservation at Orfali Bros Bistro (no.46 on this years top 100 restaurant list). No sushi at Orfali !

The story of my Cal classmate tackling a mascot at Haas ... I'm looking at old schedules and I think it was a pre-season games against Hofstra. During that year, Cal students had the section behind one of the baskets. After my pre-game meal of a calabrese dog with sauerkraut and mustard, my buddies and I got to the game early enough to sit/stand on the first row under the basket. During warm-ups, the opposing mascot, wearing one of those 10ft inflatable costumes came over and started bobbling in front of us. In one of the bobbles, the mascot accidently knocked off my friend's glasses from his face. In an instant reaction, he lunged forward and tackled the 10ft mascot to the ground. The opposing team's cheer coach displayed her own quick twitch +1 speed in yanking my friend off the mascot while yelling obscenities at him. I think he got kicked out by security.

Anyways, cheers to a friendly and peaceful rushing of the field in Shreveport and a post game snack at Buc-ee's (home of the cleanest bathrooms in Calveston)
Shocky1

ashtyn davis cal pro day 40: 4.28
https://thejetpress.com/2020/04/28/ny-jets-3-things-ashtyn-davis/

camryn bynum cal pro day 40: 4.49
https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Camryn-Bynum-Pro-Day-40-yard-dash-449-Cal-Football--162647735/

daniel scott nfl combine 40: 4.45
https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/daniel-scott-pro-day

jaylinn hawkins electronically timed 40: 4.40
https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1002977&DraftYear=2020

craig, the nfl is a ruthless billion dollars+ biz that places a premium upon SPEED, wut's ur 40?

https://instagr.am/p/C0GI3yOOeDA
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

quick question: does anybody know a reliable bail bond firm in shreveport louisiana that's open on weekends with late hours?

bucket list: stormin' the field in the deep south (and living to go to modern yoga in scottsdale the following monday)#

https://instagr.am/p/BtwuEm7hzxq

california golden bear badge of honor: leaving a cal athletic event surrounded by the police/security en route to jail

yeah being in handcuffs es no bueno (unless it's date nite with a curvy brunette yoga female or something)

let's ******* go (free the green eyed rescue doggy)#
Shocky1
fun fact for aidan & stacey: won't happen in 2024 but there's a chance that the bears & irish might play in 2025 if some stuff can get moved around
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line update:

and so we are at the crossroads of coach wilcox's head coaching career, his appointment of the next offensive coordinator will determine both the short & long term future of the cal football program...and yeah as an aside it will also determine whether or not this thread continues or maybe just becomes a golf only thread re: our college team & pga professionals

shocky's recommendation is that mike bloesch be promoted to offensive coordinator with a multi year locked in contract (with huge financial penalties for leaving early) & mike saffell (haas biz ad grad) be promoted to offensive line coach...wut they lack in experience they more than make up in intense intelligence & adaptive personalities, they are both ready for a bigger stage

and then offer matthew cindric (also a haas biz ad grad) saffell's current position as a pathway to a coaching career

for the 1st time during justin's tenure the offense got an IDENTITY, it's ******* smashmouth run the ball down ur ******* throats with the pac 12's leading rusher behind cal's monster offensive line & if opponents put 8 in the box then nando will take the top off with surgical precision downfield strikes in a vertical passing game that attacks the middle 3rd of the field

the final 7+ minute unstoppable drive (even tho the bruins knew wut wuz coming) against ucla honestly brought tears to my eyes, it wuz like this weird opera of domination with the flashing blue light of the future clearly visible across the water

the time is now (for everything)#

congrats to new offensive coordinator (who will continue to coach the offensive line) mike bloesch, his wife lexi (who is the family's ceo while her husband tirelessly puts in hours at work) & their 2 pirate sons beau & drew (ahoy mates)

shocky wuz on the field prior 45 minutes prior to the washington state final home game at memorial stadium watching (as usual) every pregame drill/practice rep for cal's monster offensive line

as the players head back to the tunnel, mike ambles over to the back of the end zone & quietly exchanges a couple of loving words & deep hugs with each of his fam...it wuz a touching moment to observe from further afar

this is a former texas high school coach in abilene & temple who gives respect to everyone in contact with him & gets it returned...mike is a teacher (which is the highest assignment u can give anyone) who values academic achievement as one of his core values who is building our offensive IDENTITY of SMASHMOUTH football with high gpa high character hard working TRUE student athletes

the university of calveston=gonna knock the acc on their ******* sorry broken down candy azz softs azzs in 2024

bet

pound for ground (in the bowl game)#

this has been in the works for a while, CONGRATS to fellow haas biz ad school classmate & future head coach in waiting mike saffell on his promotion

trust me on this mike will be a WORLD CLASS RECRUITER

bet

and as the monster staffing plan comes together, coach wilcox & coach bloesch need to outline a career coaching gameplan for matthew cindric (another haas biz ad grad) to remain in berkeley

IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A BEAR#
Shocky1

gutty effort but the continued lack of off ball defensive help & failure to identify/close out on 3 pointers lost this game...make no mistake about it if all the bears played d with the disciplined energy, attitude & fundamentals of keonte kennedy this would've been an epic bears win

lockdown d wins basketball games (not just scoring buckets)#
Shocky1

exclusive cal's monster class video of greg & shocky arguing with each other

in more important news, there is an addition to the cal family

KABOOM#
Shocky1

fun fact: at's moms didn't let him play with bottle rocket launchers when he wuz a little kid
Shocky1

pro north shore foodie tip: number 7 japanese food trucks slaps fire

e olokaa bea#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CK49rf6nktd
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-cal-nabs-sec-coach-for-key-role-sterlin-gilbert

welcome sterlin gilbert (first name misspelled in above article) to the cal football family

this reconnects sterlin with his former temple high school (texas) power staffer coach bloesch

yeah both guys get the same 45 second haircut at supercuts

it's a great day to be a bear#
oskiswifeshusband
Shocky, senpapi, is this a good hire?
Klindergoff
I'm sure he'll be a good coach, but that picture instantly made me think of this...

calumnus
rush the field said:

Shocky,

Thanks for the Dubai tips !

After watching Cal's victory on my iphone through a cell connection and SlingTV app (has worked for me in other countries), I'll storm the hotel lobby on my way to a reservation at Orfali Bros Bistro (no.46 on this years top 100 restaurant list). No sushi at Orfali !

The story of my Cal classmate tackling a mascot at Haas ... I'm looking at old schedules and I think it was a pre-season games against Hofstra. During that year, Cal students had the section behind one of the baskets. After my pre-game meal of a calabrese dog with sauerkraut and mustard, my buddies and I got to the game early enough to sit/stand on the first row under the basket. During warm-ups, the opposing mascot, wearing one of those 10ft inflatable costumes came over and started bobbling in front of us. In one of the bobbles, the mascot accidently knocked off my friend's glasses from his face. In an instant reaction, he lunged forward and tackled the 10ft mascot to the ground. The opposing team's cheer coach displayed her own quick twitch +1 speed in yanking my friend off the mascot while yelling obscenities at him. I think he got kicked out by security.

Anyways, cheers to a friendly and peaceful rushing of the field in Shreveport and a post game snack at Buc-ee's (home of the cleanest bathrooms in Calveston)

In a game at Harmon after a loss to ASU, Sparky, the ASU mascot, was (once again) standing in front of the Cal student section with pitchfork on the ground and his tail pulled up between his legs like a phallus and was pretending to be pleasuring himself. A Cal dorm mate ran onto the court and grabbed Sparky's pitchfork and took off running only to be tackled by Cal security who were holding my dorm mate down when Sparky came over and started kicking him. My dorm mate was arrested for theft. Charges we later dropped.
harebear
Regarding the suggestion of talking to businesses, I sent the following email to Yogurt Park in October. ( If anyone has a better template for talking to local business owners or large companies and trying to get them to sign-on I hope you will feel free to chime in. This wasn't the best choice of business because they probably don't do too much advertising but seeing them getting this free publicity from Cal student athletes prompted me to write.

Edited to Add: I would think that local eateries or retail establishments could get bigger game day crowds by having student athletes use social media to promote their businesses and say something like "Mention Cal Legends" or "Mention Cal Bears" for 10% off on Game Day.

Subject: Yogurt Park mention on Pac-12 Network!

Dear Ryan,

I do not live or work in Berkeley right now but I was a long-time customer of your business going back to the late 1980s. I was then and continue to be a big fan of Cal Athletics.

Just an FYI that there is a "Yogurt Park" shout-out on this Cal Women's Basketball clip which aired on the Pac-12 Network!

I do not represent the California Legends Collective but if ever wanted to have Cal Women's Basketball players (or players from other Cal sports) do any marketing efforts for your company you should reach out to California Legends! They are a crucial part of keeping Cal athletics competitive/solvent and supporting Cal's student athletes.

Here is their website: https://calegends.com/
And here is the page for businesses: https://calegends.com/business/

Let me know if you would like a direct contact within the organization because I can probably find one.

With best regards,
xxxxxxx
HoopDreams
SWAGGER

HoopDreams

First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 286

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.