cal's monster offensive line

1,525,853 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by Shocky1
Econ141
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

rush the field said:

We get to see Gevani McCoy again in 2024. He just committed to Oregon State.
Not good, with him and Martinez that's a tough game

Don't worry - both Wilcox and Knowlton think this will cake walk game the bears should easily win. And the quality of their decision making capabilities have never been in question.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

why the **** are the bears playing the beavs in 2024 dept?

elite oregon state running back is gonna play in the sun bowl against notre dame

if the beavers can close on one of their elite qb portal prospects such as texas transfer maalik murphy, idaho's gevani mccoy or marshall's cam fancher then the september 28th 2024 battle could be close to a 50/50 game against a program that will be fired up to play a former pac 12 rival from a state that has ZERO scholly california golden bears...there are no good reasons to play oregon state, got it?

stupid people make stupid decisions (revenge of the con artist)#
real talk: gevani with idaho supporting talent around him made it a kinda competitive game at memorial stadium in 2023...with martinez at running back in 2024 it's gonna be a lot closer to a 50/50 game

as the ceo of cal athletics, knowlton should've never signed the contract

and so with that being said, jimmy is kinda like stds, it never quite goes away

https://instagr.am/p/BG2c9tghHcW
WalterSobchak
Econ141 said:

SBGold said:

rush the field said:

Don't worry - both Wilcox and Knowlton think this will cake walk game the bears should easily win. And the quality of their decision making capabilities have never been in question.
Correction: Neither Knowlton nor Wilcox care who wins the game. All they care about is that a competition is held.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 40 at the combine. He as 10,000+ NFL receiving yards, 60+ TDs, and has been to 5 Pro Bowls. There's a LOT more to playing WR than straight-line speed.

KA was still recovering from a knee injury when he ran that forty. He is more like a 4.55 guy.
Yeah I read that Mayock opinion also, it's where I got the actually timed 40 number. Even if his speculation is accurate that's still average to below average speed for a P4 or NFL WR.

But I'm not arguing against speed. Speed is great, but it has to come with production to matter. Guys like DJax and Hill are absolute game changers. But speed alone doesn't "get separation" or guarantee success. The fastest player ever at the combine was a WR who has well fewer than 100 catches and 1000 receiving yards in the NFL over several seasons. Keenan has been an elite NFL WR for the better part of a decade. Ross has had exactly 1 productive season in his post HS career, but even he did more in his true frosh year than TM has done to date over 2 full seasons. I'm rooting for him to "turn the corner" or " break out" or whatever other aspirationals can be lobbed but the simple fact is we lost proven production and replaced it with no production. This is my concern. I'd feel totally different about this pickup if we were adding him to play opposite Hunter. But we're not. Expecting 60+ catches from him next season seems destined for disappointment, but I'll be thrilled if it happens.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article283226043.html
back in the day during the cal monster era of multiple mcdonalds all americans playing in front of sold out almost 11,000 frenzied fans on gamedays, the staff brought in chase comanche for an unofficial visit during the bears epic victory over the then #1 ranked wildcats on Justin cobbs ice in his veins moneyball dagger to the heart

this wuz covered by the monster...but let me tell u know wut the monster didn't tell u about that visit, ok?

bigs coach gregg gottlieb tole me that chance (in front of his moms melissa mcgee who wuz a wbb all american at long beach state) asked if our men's basketball players had to go to classes & did anybody take all the tests for them?

coach montgomery ended that recruitment almost on the spot...gregg & i laughed about chance being a dumb azz & we wuz both in agreement that arizona or usc would be a better fit given his academic profile

and now comanche is gonna spend the rest of his life rotting in jail hopefully getting azz raped nightly or something

my daughter taylor met arizona all american rawle alkins once in old town, he's kinda obsessed with tay & send her messages all the time which she ignores...rawle tole her he never took a class during his multiple years in tuscon, there wuz 100% academic fraud to keep alkins eligible

https://instagr.am/p/BOTs5_CAt5s
bottom line, when cal fans wanna know why can't we be more like arizona or florida state, they got no ******* idea of the **** going on at those schools, got it?

yeah bear down in tuscon

the donut boy of tuscon (wuz a piece of ****)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth thru academic achievement and reading books & **** like that)
oski003
WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 40 at the combine. He as 10,000+ NFL receiving yards, 60+ TDs, and has been to 5 Pro Bowls. There's a LOT more to playing WR than straight-line speed.

KA was still recovering from a knee injury when he ran that forty. He is more like a 4.55 guy.
Yeah I read that Mayock opinion also, it's where I got the actually timed 40 number. Even if his speculation is accurate that's still average to below average speed for a P4 or NFL WR.

But I'm not arguing against speed. Speed is great, but it has to come with production to matter. Guys like DJax and Hill are absolute game changers. But speed alone doesn't "get separation" or guarantee success. The fastest player ever at the combine was a WR who has well fewer than 100 catches and 1000 receiving yards in the NFL over several seasons. Keenan has been an elite NFL WR for the better part of a decade. Ross has had exactly 1 productive season in his post HS career, but even he did more in his true frosh year than TM has done to date over 2 full seasons. I'm rooting for him to "turn the corner" or " break out" or whatever other aspirationals can be lobbed but the simple fact is we lost proven production and replaced it with no production. This is my concern. I'd feel totally different about this pickup if we were adding him to play opposite Hunter. But we're not. Expecting 60+ catches from him next season seems destined for disappointment, but I'll be thrilled if it happens.

Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacau also run in high 4.5s. it is certainly true that a productive offense doesn't need a burner. Kekoa Crawford ran a 4.42, and I wouldn't have known it. The fact is that our last highly rated wr recruit left for UCLA at the end of the last season. We could have used him. We simply need better receivers, which would be aided by better blocking. All aspects failed in the bowl game but were clicking in the weeks prior.
WalterSobchak
Well the good news is the one consistent compliment TM gets is that he's a willing, aggressive, and quality blocker. I haven't followed him up to now so I can't weigh in.

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C0YW12CsE92

cal's monster offensive line official announcement:

the bears new #1 most HATED RIVAL (replacing usc) moving forward in the inaugural acc season is florida state

the 2024 road game to tallahassee with a side trip for world class golf at the streamsong resort is gonna be EPIC...yeah watching cal football on tv is for losers, do u got ur season tix(s)?

cap

**** the seminoles#
beartothebone

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the updates, Shockster!

I'm actually pretty surprised there's nothing else, including posts or from admin on early signing day.
Those are all on the premium site.
curious alky, did they tell u the name of the kicker that isn't even in the portal yet that longwell intends to sign for a 2024 scholly 10 days ago like the monster?

this is a yes or no question, an essay response is not necessary
Oh you mean this guy instead of the Georgia Tech kicker you've been repeatedly and erroneously saying was coming here and bragging that you had super secret top intel? Doh!

Quote:

boneypony, the monster has shared 50% of the backstory re: the 2024 kicker scholly drama but with that being said now is the time to not clue ur uninformed dumb azz with the twists in this deal & instead welcome the 2024 bears kicker, got it?
It's okay to be wrong. We're all wrong sometimes. But you take it to a new level when you claim some kind of super secret, only shlocky knows nonsense and brag about it over and over again and then are dead wrong.

Teams recruit guys they don't end up with all the time but there's a reason writers from all the different sites don't rant and rave about players teams are recruiting but haven't taken commitments from, bragging about their inside knowledge before it actually happens. They don't even brag about their inside knowledge after it happens for the most part.

I'm sure there are tons of guys teams recruit that they don't take because they end up with someone better, as happened here with Coe..

I don't think many people here mind that you're wrong sometimes. It's the way you go about being wrong.
Shocky1
boney pony, let's look at this objectively, ok?

shocky tole u both mateen & lucky wuz told by a paid football consultant (who drops in around once a month) on the telephone in season the week before final examinations in berkeley that they would not be offered the kicker scholly for 2024 & that this consultant wuz gonna bring in "his guy"

not gonna explain to u why it's ryan coe & not gavin stewart as originally planned...sorry

isn't that 100% exactly wut happened?

anyways u gotta lotta good life advice, maybe u could join me someday as a substitute yoga teacher at my future t-rex yoga/meditation studio in yountville, ok?

namaste

https://instagr.am/p/BDilZUghHeU
beartothebone
Shocky1 said:

boney pony, let's look at this objectively, ok?

shocky tole u both mateen & lucky wuz told by a paid football consultant (who drops in around once a month) on the telephone in season the week before final examinations in berkeley that they would not be offered the kicker scholly for 2024 & that this consultant wuz gonna bring in "his guy"

not gonna explain to u why it's ryan coe & not gavin stewart as originally planned...sorry

isn't that 100% exactly wut happened?
What 100% exactly happened is the guy who committed wasn't the guy you ripped on for weeks and bragged about your special inside knowledge about and was instead a guy you didn't say a peep about.

If you just said you thought it would be the Georgia Tech guy and were wrong, no big deal. Probably wouldn't have registered with most anyone, including me. It's the way you went about it that made it kinda funny when it didn't happen.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

monster analysis of cal special teams:

note: the following evaluation is based on multiple sources & my personal observations:

*****ryan longwell is a paid special teams consultant that lives 3000 miles away from berkeley that shows up around once a month, his personality is such that he is not really nurturing/encouraging in his coaching style which is kinda mind boggling from someone who is a scratch golfer who understands the mental fragility of golf swings/kicking motions

*****the kicking during the longwell era other than mateen bhaghani have been been beyond breaking bad with his unreal loyalty to the 3 iron trajectory dario longhetto which cost the bears multiple games in every season of his cal career

*****the punting during the longwell era has been somewhere north of mediocre with inconsistent distance & hang time

*****mateen bhaghani wuz a perfect 27 of 27 on extra points & 8 of 9 on field goals, he wuz not given any opportunities to kick any over 50 yards...he is now the ucla kicker, his 2024 big 10 season will be interesting to track

*****mateen bhaghani wuz given the assignment to kick off in only one game, his pregame instructions were to "kick the ball high & to the right" which wuz not practiced during the week...the dumb azzs will tell you he failed to kick the ball deep & lacks leg strength based upon this

*****it wuz a major 2024 recruiting miss & poor player evaluation of personnel by the staff not to offer all american punter kanyon floyd who will be heading to hometown asu with a full scholly...kanyon would've given the bears a potential 4 year all acc punter who with his current 4.73 gpa would've been a strong candidate to gain acceptance into the haas biz school

*****coach so'oto is nowhere in sight during special teams pregame warm ups (presumably vic is with the outside linebackers room), anyalyst zack tinker handles the warm ups

*****tinker preps during the week the punting & kick off coverage & return gameplans

*****the usc special teams play wuz terrible under coach so'oto (coach wilcox referenced his "experience" when he assigned the room to vic)

*****no team fair catches punts more than cal, the decision to have sure handed jeremiah hunter as the punt returner despite lacking lateral explosiveness to make the 1st tacklers miss is mind boggling

*****kickoff returns other than the epic jaydn ott touchdown return in the rose bowl have been non existent

*****shocky bumped into the last special teams coach charlie ragle & then recently hired bill musgrave in february of 2021 outside of the raucous world famous 16th hole of the phoenix open, both guys were absolutely **** faced & mostly incoherent during our 5 minute conversation...the person with me noted that both of them had the bulbous red noses of those with major drinking problems

*****former special teams analyst michael barton is "a terrible communicator"

special teams bottom line: cal has fielded the worst special teams units in college football during the coach wilcox era, a full time special teams coach needs to be hired as the bears can no longer afford the luxury of 2 defensive back coaches
important payment notification (from the bill collector):

some of u r remiss in making ur 5 bucks payment for this membership only information, once again plz leave the gold & **** in an unmarked envelope addressed to shocky behind the dumpster at the 3rd island exit off treasure island, ok?

boney pony, in case u missed it, here r shocky's more expanded thoughts on special teams
Shocky1

overheard conversation at today's signing for 3.8 gpa tyler knape

"excuse me principal jimmy but how do you spell calveston?"

this is cal football (sigh)#
Shocky1

welcome winterhawk leighton, cal's new offensive line graduate assistant replacing haas biz grad recently promoted tight ends coach mike saffell

+1000 luv this appointment of my new poly azz brah from another mother

e' ne'e i mua me ke aloha i loko o kou pu'uwai i ke kukulu 'ana i ka laina 'ino'ino a cal

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the nez pierce & lummi nations)
Shocky1

Happy Holidays Cal Berkeley Bears Fans!!!!!

Greeting from Colorado Springs where's it's a wintry wonderland!

Anyways a couple of exciting developments!

First of all, Cal Athletics is continuing to head towards an existential financial iceberg that threatens the future of all sport teams but the Good News is that I don't really understand any of these financial statement that my CFO Tom Lowry (handpicked from the Air Force) is sharing with me so wut me worry!

Trust me, we're not gonna cut any sport teams or rightsize any of our bureaucrat bloat, our plan is just to secretly borrow another at least $11,000,000 from the Central Campus and just hope Shocky doesn't do his public records informations requests again, so annoying.

Second of all, I'm proud to be part of arguably the GREATEST DIP in the history of college athletics, check out Coach Wilcox trying to avoid my swarmy handshake of congratulations after the UCLA victory!

Thirdly, a proud shout out to Markeisha on our basketball attendance records this season. The Girl's team reportedly actually had less than 200 actual spectators at their last game and Boy's team had 2516 at their last game at Haas, wow. Our savvy decision to not build the future season tix/donor base by refusing to offer FREE tickets to all students is really paying off BIG TIME!

Last of all, don't believe my critics, the much promised Cal Basketball Practice Facility will officially break ground in mid to late January, you have my promise on this!

Go Cal Berkeley Bears!!!

General James Arthur Knowlton
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line (in the back bay)#
GMP
Econ141 said:

SBGold said:

rush the field said:

It will be. And if it's not, we got problems so big you'll get at least half your wish.

Can we stop whining about this game now?
Shocky1
gmp, since when does wanting to schedule as many winnable non conference games as possible constitute "whining?"

will u be attending the ground breaking ceremonies for the new basketball practice facility next month?

gmp=candy azz soft knowlton apologist
Joegeo
Oregon State is no Notre Dame either. They are probably as good as the low end teams in the ACC, which Cal should be winning if they are any good.
Shocky1
KenBurnski said:

What happened to Brett Johnson?
contemplating retirement after an injury kept him out of the independence bowl
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

north texas offensive lineman howard sampson to tcu
north texas offensive lineman febechi nwaiwu to oklahoma

more proof of coach bloesch development#
Shocky1
Joegeo said:

Oregon State is no Notre Dame either. They are probably as good as the low end teams in the ACC, which Cal should be winning if they are any good.
agreed joego, oregon state (gevani & martinez will provide offensive fireworks) won't sell any additional tixs like notre dame but will compete like a low end to mid tier acc team that is fired up to play a program that deserted them in the pac 2, this is just another example of athletic director incompetence
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line (protecting the most vulnerable in society)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

welcome man of steel 6'2.5 225 lbs with extreme kicking power ryan coe from south fayette high school in mcdonald pennsylvania (20 miles southwest of pittsburgh, yeah the bears road game against the pitt panthers is already on the schedule)

ryan coe is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.5 gpa & wuz a 2 time all cca commissioner's honor role honoree

ryan's prior schools include deleware, cincinnati & north carolina (injured early in the season with the tar heels) and coe will be arriving on the left coast in january with 1 year of remaining eligiblitiy...he's made a remarkable 99 out of 99 extra points and 48 out of 61 field goals with a long of 53 yards

yeah ryan coe is unbreakable

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oakmont & fox chapel)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

would've been good from 65+ yards (KABOOM)#

Shocky1

shocky is also unbreakable (**** balenciaga)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C1Asl0Fvpfh
doms is unbreakable on monster monday#
AZ Bear
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line (in the back bay)#

I'd like to give a quick shout out and thank you to Brayden Rhome. He played a lot of football for us and, best I can tell, was a battler and gave maximum effort. I never heard a whiff of any grumbling when Cal brought in Miller who essentially took his job this season.

The fact that he suited up in the Independence Bowl after entering the portal shows that the coaches felt he was a team player in good standing.

He never could seem to bulk up beyond 290-295 lbs on his tall frame, so he didn't have ideal power for the highest level of college football. UMass might be a great destination for him to apply his skills in a setting where he is closer to ideal size.

And extra fan points from me for Brayden being an AZ native.

Brayden, I wish you well at UMass! Always a Bear!
KenBurnski
Shocky1 said:

KenBurnski said:

What happened to Brett Johnson?
contemplating retirement after an injury kept him out of the independence bowl

Thank you, Shocky. Feel horrible for Brett.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

knocking the **** out of quarterbacks wins football games#

x-man returning to berkeley (let's ******* go)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

ashtyn davis cal pro day 40: 4.28
https://thejetpress.com/2020/04/28/ny-jets-3-things-ashtyn-davis/

camryn bynum cal pro day 40: 4.49
https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Camryn-Bynum-Pro-Day-40-yard-dash-449-Cal-Football--162647735/

daniel scott nfl combine 40: 4.45
https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/daniel-scott-pro-day

jaylinn hawkins electronically timed 40: 4.40
https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1002977&DraftYear=2020

craig, the nfl is a ruthless billion dollars+ biz that places a premium upon SPEED, wut's ur 40?

https://instagr.am/p/C0GI3yOOeDA

craig, u got an off the charts high football iq & ur an elite physical tackler at a nfl level, the only thing between u & getting minted in the national football league is ur footspeed

hopefully every single day starting with today thru the 1st game next fall will include a segment of ur day working on SPEED drills, ur just a quick twitch extra foot or two away from closing on passes in coverage downfield from getting PAID in the nfl...a yoga/meditation practice might be part of ur unique speed development to free up ur mind in stressful gameday situations

coach sirmon, u gotta do a better job of utilizing/showcasing woodson's dynamic ability to make plays behind the line of scrimmage, 2024 gotta include more safety blitzes, ok?...literally everybody is tired of ur shoneys bend but don't break at the waist candy azz soft d schemes, got it?...not gonna lie, u got got outcoached by riverboat gambler tim deruyter in shreveport

craig woodson & isaiah crosby could be a pair of acc 1st teamers at safety in 2024 if craig can get a step or two faster & isaiah can put on some necessary good weight (no, buc-ee's is NOT the dietary solution)

yeah it's a really good day to be a bear!!! (real talk)#

Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

offer from coach bloesch & coach leighton to hawaii portal transfer trench worker josh atkins who also attended houston after graduating from mansfield timberview high school in arlington, texas...3 years of remaining eligibility

the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the great state of texas)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1

3.9 gpa former colorado transfer portal wr coming home from caldecott tunnel hs as a pwo#
Shocky1

WARNING: do not watch this video if ur emotionally unavailable & afraid of crying out loud, got it?

this is cal football (bigger than the game)#
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky1 said:

3.9 gpa former colorado transfer portal wr coming home from caldecott tunnel hs as a pwo#

Caldecott HS should refer to Acalanes, Miramonte, & Campolindo. I'd go Blackhawk HS for anything Danville related.
calumnus
JB was a Chieftain said:

Shocky1 said:

Caldecott HS should refer to Acalanes, Miramonte, & Campolindo. I'd go Blackhawk HS for anything Danville related.

Still take the Caldecott to get between Berkeley and Danville.
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.