cal's monster offensive line

1,525,916 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alkiadt said:

calumnus said:

Alkiadt said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

shocky's bottom line:

there's gonna be significantly less revenues for the athletic department in the forseeable future & that's why knowlton's decision in fiscal year 2022 to secretly (required multiple public information requests by me before cfo tom lowry finally shared the details of the debt service with me) borrow $11,000,000 wuz financial malpractice...apologists will argue that borrowing money from the central campus is a standard operating mechanism, these are not ordinary times & the "good ol' days" of collegiate athletics (for schools not already in the sec or big 10) are firmly in the rearview mirror

the financial reality for the cal athletic department is significantly less revenues in the future primarily from declining media rights revenues & donations to the athletic department due to the growth of nil fundraising & the aging (and fatigued) berkeley donor community which is not gaining any traction (building a pipeline) with younger future megadonors...the fake berkeley campus fundraising numbers are not dollars that are actually collected, ok?

so whether it be the con artist & his evil as **** confidante jennifer simon-o'neil continuing their bureaucratic wayward lack of vision or new leadership such as andrew mcgraw as the next athletic director, cal will no longer be able to field 30+ teams (many of them underperforming for years) & will need to cut teams/reduce expenses

the next athletic director will need to quickly work within title ix constraints in revamping the currently bloated athletic department with the following teams in a new much more streamlined operation that competes for championships:

1. football
2. men's basketball
3. men's swimming & diving
4. men's water polo
5. men's golf
6. men's tennis
7. women's basketball
8. softball
9. women's soccer
10. women's swimming & diving
11. women's water polo
12. women's volleyball
13. women's golf
14. women's tennis
15. women's rowing

baseball, men's soccer, women's lacrosse and field hockey and both gymnastics and track & field (including cross country) programs would be terminated with current schollys honored thru graduation...women's beach volleyball would be discontinued with scholly transfers offered to women's volleyball...men's rugby & men's rowing would become club sports, fully expect jack clark to go nuclear on this necessary decision in his predictable myopic rage to defend his turf

not biz as usual in berkeley (or the pac 12)#
the knowlton financial plan is to continue borrowing money from the central campus not caring that there will never be future revenue sources for repayment & not cut any teams/rightsize his bloated bureaucracy

the only real thing is the hurt the con artist is gonna inflict upon cal athletics but eventually he's gonna go away in the end

knowlton's empire of dirt (upon his liar's chair & broken thoughts)#

It's not Knowlton's decision to cut sports. He could recommend it, like Sandy did and was overruled. (I'm NOT defending Knowlton here…). Christ has already said cutting sports is not going to happen on her watch. This is the chancellor's final call, and we all know it has no chance of happening until there's a new chancellor.

Why do you repetitively post the same bogus claim? I mean when the chancellor has gone on record saying it won't happen, do expect that the Athletic Director can overrule that?

Jim Knowlton is paid 2-3 times more than Carol Christ. Athletics administration is his job. He has thrown away $millions on hiring, extending then firing Fox, giving Wilcox a 6 year $30 million extension despite a losing record, ignoring swimmers, giving McKeever a huge $5 million contract, then spending $millions investigating McKeever, then getting sued by McKeever and the swimmers… and after trashing our revenue sports providing zero useful guidance to Carol Christ on the budget issues or on conference realignment other than setting up a meeting with the Mountain West Conference near his home in Colorado Springs.

That said, Carol Christ hired the idiot and then gave him an 8 year extension so it is all on her. I am admittedly triggered by people defending him.

I already said I was not defending him. He needed to go some time ago. I blame Christ who is riding off into the sunset. Knowlton just figured out he only needed to tell her what she wanted to hear.

And I can't recall anyone on this site ever defending him..

Yeah, I know, it was only the issue of cutting sports that you were absolving him of responsibility but like I said, I am easily triggered by people even vaguely defending him.

And he had a lot of defenders initially, but that has pretty much evaporated over the years. His decisions like extending Wilcox because "Oregon" and giving McKeever a huge contract despite newspaper reports of abuse in her program were vigorously defended at the time. Some might have been employed in the AD. All last year I was challenged to "prove" he wasn't secretly working behind the scenes to get us into the B1G.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Csmp4g1r2FQ
2024 cal roadtrip schedule:

wut is one of life's greatest gifts (other than rescue doggy dogs) for all of us?

https://instagr.am/p/CurgzUPI2bM
it's seeing the world, experiencing new places while celebrating the magic of cal football...hopefully driscoll takes a gap year (like my daughter shay did before enrolling at denver law) & joins us all one more time

look, losers like cal strong will NEVER go to any football games on planet earth (and that's ok because this is a judgment free zone) but for the rest of us true california golden bears the 2024 travel schedule is the GREATEST (and it's not even close) in the history of cal football...check it out, ok?

*****auburn tigers, auburn alabama (september 7th, shocky gonna play the new coore & crenshaw design at wicker point on lake martin...the roadtrip to the ole miss grove is still seared in our memories & wuz truly epic for everybody but particularly jake tonges )

*****florida state seminoles, tallahassee florida (tbd as me & dr don grizzell are gonna bring our trans agenda to the sunshine state, **** florida state & their tom petty academic skool run by disloyal azzwipes...yeah calling the david reese off the edge 4 violent broken femur quarterback sacks rite now

*****wake forest demons, winston-salem north carolina (tbd as life in the beautiful carolinas with the whispering pines is magical except for the hundreds of millions people that have died from cancer smoke, several of the major tobacco companies are domiciled in winston-salem but so is the fabulous old town club too)

*****pittsburgh panthers, pittsburgh pennsylvania (tbd with a friday 36 hole walking day at oakmont & a tasty primanti brothers sandwich on saturday pregame, wut could possibly go wrong (other than 3 putting half a dozen times) in steel town?

*****smu mustangs, dallas texas (tbd the university of calveston critical game for recruiting plus the 2nd annual shocky FREE tailgate party at buc-ee's after a morning round at brook hollow...the texas bearents will be watching their high gpa sons wearing the uniforms of the #1 ranked public university in the world)

oh the places you'll go#
Shocky1

the huskies don't got no qb1 & zero returning offensive line, the OFFICIAL over/under for jeremiah hunter receptions next season is 25 (of which 18 will be line of scrimmage hitch/bubble screens before the pressure collapses the pocket in the physical big 10)

sleepless in seattle#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxR2EFILDw-
yeah literally EVERYBODY on planet earth is a fan of my fellow poly azz brah jaydn ott, when defenders try to futilely run down the 2024 hesiaman candidate from the acc it's kinda like they got slashed tires or something

work that tail, girl#
phyrux
calumnus said:

philbert said:

Cal had a 6.5M deficit after getting 36.7M from the campus. Yikes! Things will get worse next year too....

This is why spending our political capital on trying to block UCLA from making more money was such a horrible decision. The Regents were never going to think forcing less money and bigger deficits is a good idea. Even asking for calimony just invites scrutiny (welcome IMO). What we needed was to figure out how UC as a whole can be better off, with UCLA already with an invite to the B1G working to get one for Cal (and Stanford) too.

I am happy with the ACC for the revenue sports but a day of reckoning is coming for the non/revenue sports.
That seems like a vast overstatement based on the reported facts at hand. Cal did nothing substantive to stop UCLA moving to the Big 10. No lawsuit, etc. I seriously doubt UCLA admin cares about Cal's political posturing when they got what they wanted without breaking a sweat.
WalterSobchak
Better get that red pen out again:

Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
walter, jeremiah better start practicing 1-2 yard routes when big 10 opponents put 7-8 defenders in the box in 2024
Shocky1

1st round palm springs pga tournament update:

michael kim is one of the most elite putters on the pga tour, today with no wind & ideal immaculate playing conditions at la quinta club (there are funny reserved parking spots for the bachelor/bachelorette winners across the street at the resort) michael hit 16 greens & rolled the rock for 8 birdies including a clutch 3 on the par 4 18th hole to shoot a 7 under par 65

tomorrow kim will play at the nicklaus tournament course which got an ugly azz concrete water ditch that runs thru the property & homes off both sides of the fairways but that's not gonna stop the torrey pines high school grad from going low in this boatrace with zero rough on all 3 courses
Shocky1

3.69 gpa wide receiver preferred walk on from santa rosa junior college#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that live close to a hockey rink or something)
Shocky1
philbert said:

Cal had a 6.5M deficit after getting 36.7M from the campus. Yikes! Things will get worse next year too....

philbert, shocky just made a financial information request with respects to loans from athletic department cfo tom lowry
Shocky1

good luck to the consummate team player & berkeley grad#
Shocky1
phyrux, 100%, ucla is looking out for ucla just like cal isn't concerning themselves re: the athletic department budgets at uc irvine or uc santa barbara

that's just how free market capitalism works, christ asking for calimony is most likely a pointless exercise by a well intended but out of touch academian (who just found recently how much the cal football players are making in nil dollars & wuz outraged that women athletes aren't making comparable dollars, apparently knowlton decided to keep this information from her) whose request is being buried in uc board of regents subcommittees

ucla has done nothing wrong (other than potentially losing 8+ games in the big 10 in 2024, 8 clap)#
Shocky1

"good guy" (which doesn't reconcile with the allegations in his recent divorce proceedings) wyking jones is now a realtor in las vegas

adios mf#
Shocky1
hopefully a significant number of the cal students that attended tonite's exciting basketball game against washington at haas pavilion via the FREE tixs for all students screamed their azzs off & are on the path to a potential lifelong love affair with cal basketball

the magic of cal basketball (is apparent to those with fuschia socks)#
Big C
Shocky1 said:

"good guy" (which doesn't reconcile with the allegations in his recent divorce proceedings) wyking jones is now a realtor in las vegas

adios mf#

Why does he even need to work anymore, what with the buyout we paid him?

Wasn't his wife a Cal employee for a long time (or am I thinking of somebody else)?
Bear Naked Ladies
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

adios mf#

Wasn't his wife a Cal employee for a long time (or am I thinking of somebody else)?
Ron Gould
calumnus
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

adios mf#

His wife is from Berkeley (he is from Inglewood) but I think you are thinking of Ron Gould whose wife worked for Cal. Or maybe Ivan Rabb's mom?

Jones got a $3 million buyout from Cal and was making $300k at UW. He just turned 51. Two kids. Shocky says he's getting a divorce so who knows how much of that buyout he has left. Moving to Vegas and going into real estate sounds pretty divorced dad midlife to me.
Shocky1
wyking jones (born & raised in inglewood) wuz married to estrella (born & raised in berkeley) whose sister dr na'ilah suad nasir who in her role as uc berkeley's vice chancellor for equity and inclusion successfully lobbied a clueless mike williams (no relationships with any basketball sources nationwide) to hire him as cal's next head basketball coach after cuonzo martin

the nasty allegations against jones in the divorce proceedings are beyond breaking bad & will not be repeated here as will the reasons he's leaving the washington basketball program in mid season

and so with that being said, the narrative that wyking is "a good guy but too inexperienced to be a successful head coach" is 100% false...jones wuz on rick pitino's staff when louisville wuz caught recruiting with a mother & underage daughter prostituting themselves to cardinals basketball recruits on official visits

cal's monster class wuz critical of jones not returning phone calls to prospects which resulted in the las vegas stars blackballing him which cost the bears 3.8 gpa duke transfer & mcdonalds all american center chase jeter (family values education, moms a school teacher) which would've allowed my friend & fellow mcdonalds's all america ivan rabb to slide from the 5 to his better suited 4...when a confidential email of mine outlining my concerns wuz given to wyking without my consent this resulted in jones warning that any member of the basketball coaching & support staff that continued to communicate with me as wuz the case during the coach montgomery & coach martin eras would be fired on the spot

yeah jones wuz the catalyst for the termination of cal's monster class which wuz the most read thread in the history of college basketball fan message boards

that wuz the end of shocky's love letter to cal basketball as he turned his passionate romance to them maricopa county rescue doggy dogs who luv being kissed by him & vice versa...true love always finds a home, don't be such a drama queen shocky

https://instagr.am/p/C2N7hxaslPC

who rescued who?#
Shocky1

2024 new schollys: right now there are 31 NEW scholly additions

bobby engstler, punter/kicker (3.72 gpa)
jonathan "gameday" brady, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
mikey miller, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
victor stoffel, offensive line (motivated student in sweden)
kadarius calloway, running back (3.2 gpa)
ryan coe, kicker (3.5 gpa)
tobias merriweather, wide receiver (3.6 gpa)
ja'ir smith, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
syris corley, offensive line (3.0 gpa)
rush reimer, offensive line (3.3 gpa)
marcus harris, defensive back (3.2 gpa)
aidan keanaaina, defensive tackle (4.0 gpa)
aiden newbill, offensive line (3.72 gpa)
isaiah crosby, safety (3.0+ gpa)
luke ferrelli, inside linebacker (4.0 gpa)
chandler rogers, quarterback (3.3 gpa)
teddye buchanan, inside linebacker (3.5 gpa)
josiah martin, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
jack endries, tight end (3.83 gpa)
trond grizzell, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
bj canady, defensive tackle (3.91 gpa)
legend journey, apex predator edge defender (3.3 gpa)
ej caminong, quarterback (3.5 gpa)
dayton "dayday" aupiu (3.51 gpa)
jamaal wiley, running back (3.0+ gpa)
trevor rogers, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
michael-anthony okwura, defensive lineman (3.4 gpa)
eze osondu, inside linebacker (3.0+ gpa)
brookyln cheek, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
camden jones, tight end (3.0+ gpa)
tyler knape, offensive line (3.8 gpa)

2024 scholly roster departures: right now there are 27 PUBLIC departing bears

matthew cindric, center...out of eligibility...berkeley degrees w/haas biz school & masters education
barrett miller, tackle...out of eligibility...stanford engineering degree & berkeley cert program
isaiah ifanse, running back...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
monroe young, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
brian hightower, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
darius long jr, defensive tackle...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
jackson sirmon, inside linebacker...out of eligibility...berkeley haas global access program
patrick mcmorris, safety...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
raymond woodie, safety, grad transfer portal to bethune-cookman...berkeley degree
ben finley, quarterback...grad transfer portal to akron...berkeley cert program
tyson mcwilliams, cornerback...grad transfer portal to uc davis...berkeley degree
brayden rohme, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to massachusetts...berkeley degree
kaleb elarms-orr, inside linebacker...transfer portal to tcu...no berkeley degree
everett johnson, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to montana...berkeley degree
blake antzoulatos, inside linebacker...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
king doerue, running back...football retirement...purdue degree
jeremiah earby, cornerback...transfer portal to boise state...no berkeley degree
sam jackson v, quarterback...transfer portal to auburn...no berkeley degree
taj davis, wide receiver...no longer with program...washington degree
michael luckhurst, kicker...will not be on scholly in 2024...pursuing berkeley degree
muelu iosefa, inside linebacker...no longer with program...no berkeley degree
moso'oipala "nunie" tuitele, te/olb...transfer portal to new mexico..no berkeley degree
jeremiah hunter, wide receiver...grad transfer portal to washington...berkeley degree
asher alberding, tight end...football retirement...berkeley haas global access program
dejuan butler, defensive back...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
sailasa "sai" vadrawale, defensive back...transfer portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
andy alfieri, fullback/linebacker...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree

**** balenciaga#
82gradDLSdad
calumnus said:

Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

adios mf#

His wife is from Berkeley (he is from Inglewood) but I think you are thinking of Ron Gould whose wife worked for Cal. Or maybe Ivan Rabb's mom?

Jones got a $3 million buyout from Cal and was making $300k at UW. He just turned 51. Two kids. Shocky says he's getting a divorce so who knows how much of that buyout he has left. Moving to Vegas and going into real estate sounds pretty divorced dad midlife to me.

If only he had graduated from Cal. He'd have generational wealth.
oscarsBBurger
Last night Knowlton waltz over to our section and seemed dumbfounded by the amount of students that showed up.

Meanwhile an old blue behind me was absolutely LAYING into Daws for being slow.
bluehenbear
oscarsBBurger said:

Last night Knowlton waltz over to our section and seemed dumbfounded by the amount of students that showed up.
Maybe instead of flying SWA from Colorado Springs, he should look into a private jet or a share. Then he might have more time to catch up with his staff about goings on.
Econ141
Looks like we are all wrong about our AD lol. Clearly some data must be missing.

philbert
All the more reason to ignore the Big Game Boomer account.
82gradDLSdad
philbert said:

Carol Christ loves biggameboomer.
sycasey
philbert said:

I think he just pulls school names out of a hat to make his lists.
bluehenbear
I bet a link to this tweet will show up on his resume or he'll print it out next time he negotiates his contract.

No fscking way he's above Jen Cohen (@$C and formerly UW).

JK should be replaced with Ted Chun (Wazzu), who is not even listed.

Also listed...Tom Holmoe (which is ok)

Furd AD in top 11?
JB was a Chieftain
bluehenbear said:

I bet a link to this tweet will show up on his resume or he'll print it out next time he negotiates his contract.

Furd AD in top 11?

Well Furd AD did get 2 teams into the ACC
juarezbear
bluehenbear said:

Furd AD in top 11?
The top AD without a doubt is the Texas AD. They make money hand over fist and have highly competitive teams in both men's and women's sports including Football, MBB, WBB, Baseball, Swimming, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, etc...

Furd's AD should always be Top 10 at least. They go up and down in men's major sports, but women's sports are tops and their Olympic sports are always great...plus they do it with real student athletes.

OU sucks AZZZ.
Bear Naked Ladies
Econ141 said:

Looks like we are all wrong about our AD lol. Clearly some data must be missing.

Putting aside for the moment the fact that this list has no basis in reality, reading this Twitter thread led me to this even more shocking revelation.

https://kslsports.com/507306/tom-holmoe-byu-cougars-athletic-director-toner-award/

On Tuesday, the National Football Foundation announced that Holmoe will receive the John L. Toner Award. It's an award given to ADs who have demonstrated superior administrative abilities and shown outstanding dedication to college athletics and particularly college football.

Big C
Shocky1 said:

wyking jones (born & raised in inglewood) wuz married to estrella (born & raised in berkeley) whose sister dr na'ilah suad nasir who in her role as uc berkeley's vice chancellor for equity and inclusion . . .

That's what I was thinking of. Thanks. Wasn't totally confusing him with Ron Gould, at any rate.
calumnus
bluehenbear said:

Furd AD in top 11?

Pat Chun at WSU is really good.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

1st round Palm Springs pga tournament update:

michael kim is one of the most elite putters on the pga tour, today with no wind & ideal immaculate playing conditions at la quinta club (there are funny reserved parking spots for the bachelor/bachelorette winners across the street at the resort) michael hit 16 greens & rolled the rock for 8 birdies including a clutch 3 on the par 4 18th hole to shoot a 7 under par 65

tomorrow kim will play at the nicklaus tournament course which got an ugly azz concrete water ditch that runs thru the property & homes off both sides of the fairways but that's not gonna stop the torrey pines high school grad from going low in this boatrace with zero rough on all 3 courses

2nd round palm springs pga tournament update:

michael kim (lives in houston down the street from a buc-ee's) rolled in 10 birdies en route to an en fuego 63 which places him at 2 place (one stroke behind leader sam burns) at 16 under par...only bogey wuz on the brutal par 4 9th hole which got a massive lake that ferociously guards the left side of the fairway & green complex which resulted in a missed green...kim hit 15 of 18 greens in regulation & needed only 25 putts

tomorrow michael will move to the pga stadium course which is the toughest track of the tournament's 3 coachella valley venues...this tournament pairs 2 pros (michael's group include stanford's maverick mcnealy) with 2 amateurs for the first 3 rounds which always results in really long rounds but kim got a huge advantage with a first out 9:30 am tee time off the 10th tee of the stadium course which means his front nine at least will be a comfortable pace with no groups in front on them

both collin morikawa & max homa are recent tournament winners and byeong hun an wuz in a 3 way sudden death playoff last weekend in hawaii, can michael kim turn the palm desert into bear territory?

the coachella valley got **** going on plus a lotta palm trees but make no mistake about it, the nest is absolutely dog food

https://instagr.am/p/CrUuOEeAxwv
cal is a golf school (for bad bunnys)#
Shocky1
fans recommending outside athletic directors to replace knowlton fail to grasp that cal athletics is heading towards an existential financial iceberg that will require IMMEDIATE ACTION, the only solution is insider andrew mcgraw making moves on day one at 6:35 am...and andrew's only chance of realistically getting hired is if richard lyons is named the next chancellor, the other 2 candidates, one from berkeley's computer science school & one from an east coast institution, got no discernible interest in college athletics & probably cannot tell you who is the cal football or basketball head coach

richard lyons for chancellor & andrew mcgraw for athletic director in 2024#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C2SpRGvpw6Q
day day got good hair (and is gonna be a future starter at safety)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the hawaiian islands)
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.