cal's monster offensive line

1,816,088 Views | 11115 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://instagr.am/p/CdQmI8krrVM
https://instagr.am/p/C8E93mvJOfV
the university of calveston (don't got stinky hot unbearable humidity like texas)#
Shocky1

2024 pga tournament at tpc river highlands: 3rd round update

max homa still got the dreaded 2 way miss off the tee (hitting only 26 of 42 fairways) but battled in finishing with a cross country birdie 3 on the par 4 18th hole to shoot a 70 & is tied for 66th

tpc river highlands is the shortest yardage course on the pga tournament schedule & coupled with the receptive greens due to the recent thunderstorms in the northeast is an absolute shootout...collin morikawa is #1 in the field in driving accuracy (hitting 38 of the 42 fairways) and shot a 66 & is in 6th place

fun fact: after a bunch of "go bears" & "let's roll, collin" cheers after birdies playing partner tom kim (whose 22nd b-day wuz yesterday) who didn't go to college while walking down the fairway asked morikawa "what's that all about?"...collin smiled & tole him "that's my alma mater"

**** balenciaga (right past the wawa)#
Shocky1

heavy is the head that wears the crown (at the #1 ranked public university in the universe)#
AZ Bear
Shocky1 said:

panic at the disco (but thankfully no sirmon favorite shoneys afterwards)#

So I took a stab at naming the players in the Cal ILB photo at the Escape Room team building event. Here goes, from left to right:

-Mike Bruno, Defensive Quality Control coach, (never heard of him, but it was his X post)

- BJ Jones (RS Fr)

-Liam Johnson (Grad, transfer from Princeton)

-Cade Uluave (Soph, stud)

- Hunter Barth (RS Jr)

-Aaron Hampton (promising Fr from Alaska)

-unknown dude in black sweats and green shirt

-Luke Ferrelli (Fr)

-Peter Sirmon, DC and ILB coach

-Eze Osondu (Fr and future stud)

The unknown guys is probably Lucas Vanderlind, who is on the roster as a Soph from Contra Costa College.

So did I match the names correctly?

oskiswifeshusband
Bruh the dude in the black tee is hunter barth
AZ Bear
Yep, I just realized that and came back to edit my post. Thanks bruh.
AZ Bear
Not pictured is Teddye Buchanan, our transfer from UC Davis.

Teddye Buchanan is, in my opinion in the top handful of most important new players whose level of play will have a major impact on our season.

While we have some promising young ILBs in that photo, Buchanan profiles as a Day 1 starter and it remains to be seen how his play compares to Jackson Sirmon / Kaleb Elarms-Orr from last season. From the photo I saw of TB elsewhere, the guy looked ripped and ready to rock. He's one of the guys (among many) that I'm very excited to see play in our opener against the Aggies.

I am cautiously optimistic that TB will perform very well and that we won't be talking about much, if any, drop-off from last season.

Hopefully we stay healthy at ILB as our experienced depth is not tremendous. If we do lose someone to injury we'll likely be really glad we signed Liam Johnson. I'm also excited to see Hampton and Osondu get reps this year. Ferrelli sounds like a gamer as well, but not sure he'll see much time apart from special teams this season barring injuries.

How do other folks see the depth chart at ILB and who are you excited about?
Pittstop
Did wr Chris Lawson from Riordan ever commit somewhere?
Kinderhook
Lawson has set an announcement date of July 7. Indications are that he is a Washington lean at this time.
Shocky1

chris lawson moved his commitment date back in order to give oregon more time to upgrade their conditional offer to an actionable offer, he's being slow played in eugene (the ducks already got 3 2025 wr commits, they would move him to db) with washington as his back up choice...academics are not a factor in this recruitment

lawson is a good kid but this is a cautionary tale of how u become a 30 year old living at home moving boxes at the stonestown galleria in a fiercely global economy that favors the well educated in building generational wealth...he don't comprehend that his wealthy neighbors in menlo park, atherton & hillsborough live in mansions primarily become of elite educational backgrounds & not some ******* dumb azz fake relationships with kc & junior adams which in the big scheme of life their sales jobs on him don't mean ****... and yeah chris is also gonna find out the hard way too that once football is all over for him that curvy brunette yoga females wanna date/marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...clean up in aisle 7, get ur azz moving chris

50 year decisions (r u gonna make a dumb decision that results in a **** situation?)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C8QPhyRSVzG
az bear (r u gonna identify the tight end room next?), that's a strong synopsis of the inside backer room, it all starts with all american candidate cade uluave who is also the team's best golfer

and paired with lifelong bears fan teddye buchanan (no worries, he's still with the program) coach sirmon got arguably the best starting backers in the acc this fall...yeah teddye looks a lot like prospective nba draft choice jaylon tyson, they both got good hair unlike peter

https://instagr.am/p/C0e8TLKvWnT
football is a violent game so fully expect both liam johnson & hunter barth (arguably the 2 smartest guys in the fb program) to earn snaps too during the long season

agreed that eze osondu is an absolute stud that will be a frontrunner to start in 2025...current walk on aaron hampton wuz the leader tackler in the 2024 spring game & will be a contributor on special teams this fall on his path to earning a scholly sooner than later

coach mike bruno has played an integral role in recruiting/developing the ilb room
SLTX Bear
AZ Bear said:

Not pictured is Teddye Buchanan, our transfer from UC Davis.

Teddye Buchanan is, in my opinion in the top handful of most important new players whose level of play will have a major impact on our season.

While we have some promising young ILBs in that photo, Buchanan profiles as a Day 1 starter and it remains to be seen how his play compares to Jackson Sirmon / Kaleb Elarms-Orr from last season. From the photo I saw of TB elsewhere, the guy looked ripped and ready to rock. He's one of the guys (among many) that I'm very excited to see play in our opener against the Aggies.

I am cautiously optimistic that TB will perform very well and that we won't be talking about much, if any, drop-off from last season.

Hopefully we stay healthy at ILB as our experienced depth is not tremendous. If we do lose someone to injury we'll likely be really glad we signed Liam Johnson. I'm also excited to see Hampton and Osondu get reps this year. Ferrelli sounds like a gamer as well, but not sure he'll see much time apart from special teams this season barring injuries.

How do other folks see the depth chart at ILB and who are you excited about?

Bro, what's all this business about Buchanan not being pictured. Isn't he literally the first player in the pic, next to Bruno?

Wait, is that you Knowlton?
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BAfUVPTSKrz
haha sltx, teddeye gotta haircut!!

but make no mistake about it bucannan still got worser hair than leidy

https://instagr.am/p/C8ZzlL7RVeL
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

deji, r u gonna be a hometown hero or not?

r u gonna share ur fall gameday experiences with ur moms or not at nearby memorial stadium at the #1 ranked public university in the world & hugs after the games?

yeah dragons that got 10.8 100 meters SPEED r rare!

pro tip: stay away from fentons particularly the chocolate fudge brownie sundae with a side scoop of vanilla ice cream with fuschia sprinkles, got it?

shocky

AZ Bear
https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster/bj-jones/23954

The guy on the left also resembles BJ Jones a bit, and I was working from the roster to the photo. But I guess you're right....glad Teddye made the team-bonding outing.

Also....did you call me Knowlton??? Those are fighting words, SLTX. You call somebody Knowlton, well, around here that's one of the worst insults you can sling at someone...
Pittstop
Is David Reese back for this season, or out of eligibility? Is he an OLB or an Edge? He was a BEAST towards the end of last season.
Shocky1
pitts, david reese will be playing his final year of eligibility this fall in the acc, if reese & xavier carlton can relentlessly (they sometimes disappeared last season) bring violent qb pressure off the edges with SPEED then the cal football program got 8+ victory upside & a potential significant bowl game invitation

Shocky1

2024 pga tournament at tpc river highlands: 4th round update

max homa shot a 66 & collin morikawa shot a 69 despite a shanked gap wedge out of bounds from an ugly azz lie on the par 4 12th hole...both will be taking some much needed time off at home & will be playing next month's scottish open at the renaissance club as a links golf tune up the week prior to the british open at royal troon

and yeah rickie is an honorary california golden bear thx to allison

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

wut up nusi taumoepeau?

warm poly welcome this weekend to u & ur fam, tell benji to make sure to get to the grillin' ready to roll for ur official visit, ok?

yeah the cal football program is very interested in u as a high gpa 2025 6'2" 220 lbs relentless motor alpa predator edge defender from westlake lake high school in saratoga springs utah...ur violent pursuit of quarterbacks is kinda scary azz to be honest with u

nusi, really glad that everyone in ur fam stands on business & SMILES!!!

https://instagr.am/p/B-p1rfAAZc3
pretty obvious ur NOT a dumb azz, congrats on the stanford offer

hope u get ur answers this weekend & looking forward to ur college announcement on ur b-day august 1st

-shocky

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth for their fam thru nfl development with coach vic competing in the acc & hard work in the classrooms of berkeley)
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

welcome official trip visitor 6'4" 225 lbs tight end jacob houseworth from fortuna high school

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university on planet earth (including the north coast section)

KAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C7js7Puu1_w
walked a twilite 18 holes today with the #2 ranked player on the seton hall men's golf team (a major pirates athletics donor ian lagowitz is one of my new jersey golf buddies)

patrick hits the ball almost as far as brandon hagy with unreal clubhead speed & tole me that the team's #1 ranked player wenliang xie is gonna grad transfer to cal's biz certificate program to compete for the bears during his final year of eligibility...patrick tole me that xie gotta complete game with professional golf upside & that he's a soft spoken very likable teammate

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including china & the jersey shore)
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/C7js7Puu1_w
walked a twilite 18 holes today with the #2 ranked player on the seton hall men's golf team (a major pirates athletics donor ian lagowitz is one of my new jersey golf buddies)

patrick hits the ball almost as far as brandon hagy with unreal clubhead speed & tole me that the team's #1 ranked player wenliang xie is gonna grad transfer to cal's biz certificate program to compete for the bears during his final year of eligibility...patrick tole me that xie gotta complete game with professional golf upside & that he's a soft spoken very likable teammate

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the jersey shore)

I played Kingston Heath on 2 hrs sleep coming off the plane from LA. As you said, great course design. Loved it. Played St Andrews Beach Club yesterday. Doak linksy design. Super slow play which bugged me, but shot even on the back so that ppl the sting off it. Playing Royal Melbourne West Friday afternoon. Really looking forward to it.
Shocky1

hollywood, that's awesome you got to experience the heath, it's a world top 25 course in my rankings...realize you played without any sleep (shocky is 100% a sofa king) after ur transatlantic flight but it's been my experience that the best thing to do when traveling to australia/new zealand/the far east is to walk a round immediately after landing (and not crashing in ur hotel room) in order to quickly adjust to the half a day time zone difference

yeah st andrews beach is really good, the mornington peninsula breezy beauty is the best public daily fee course in australia and the short almost drivable uphill par 4 2nd hole is a world class design with a multitude of fun strategic options

but ur playing the royal melbourne's west course later this week will be the icing on the cake, tom doak once tole me it's the 2nd best course in the world after the national golf links of america (which is also my favorite course on planet earth) in the hamptons

if ur hungry after ur film shooting & also want panoramic views of melbourne, the tasty buffet (everything from pasta, sushi, waygu steaks & champagne) on the top floor of the downtown langham comes highly recommended by the shockster

juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

hollywood, that's awesome you got to experience the heath, it's a world top 25 course in my rankings...realize you played without any sleep (shocky is 100% a sofa king) after ur transatlantic flight but it's been my experience that the best thing to do when traveling to australia/new zealand/the far east is to walk a round immediately after landing (and not crashing in ur hotel room) in order to quickly adjust to the half a day time zone difference

yeah st andrews beach is really good, the mornington peninsula breezy beauty is the best public daily fee course in australia and the short almost drivable uphill par 4 2nd hole is a world class design with a multitude of fun strategic options

but ur playing the royal melbourne's west course later this week will be the icing on the cake, tom doak once tole me it's the 2nd best course in the world after the national golf links of america (which is also my favorite course on planet earth) in the hamptons

if ur hungry after ur film shooting & also want panoramic views of melbourne, the tasty buffet (everything from pasta, sushi, waygu steaks & champagne) on the top floor of the downtown langham comes highly recommended by the shockster

Thanks! I'll give it a go!
Shocky1
^ realize shoots are often late nite deals but checking out melbourne's warm weather penguin colony is FUN

the march of the bossy penguins#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

coach bloesch has offered a scholly to 2025 6'4" 315 lbs jonah leaupepetele from apple valley high school

jonah is NOT a dumb azz, he got a 4.0 gpa

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the WORLD
Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/C4qxI-4Jnv4
shocky parenting pro tip: read to ur kids/expand their horizons & do NOT let them play video games

Shocky1

jaydn ott for prez of the ******* united states of america (including its territories such as ibiza and so forth)

Shocky1

fun fact: one of life's great adventures is going to cal football games on the road, there are a lotta passionate california golden bears that on september 21st are gonna make tallahassee bear territory!!!!

if ur not gonna be in tallahassee, r u gonna be in berkeley on october 5th when them miami hurricanes get their azzs handed to them when they try to repaint memorial stadium black & orange???

https://instagr.am/p/B_qxnIODyW3
the time is NOW for everything (don't be a dumb azz)#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

fun fact: one of life's great adventures is going to cal football games on the road, there are a lotta passionate california golden bears that on september 21st are gonna make tallahassee bear territory!!!!

if ur not gonna be in tallahassee, r u gonna be in berkeley on october 5th when them miami hurricanes get their azzs handed to them when they try to repaint memorial stadium black & orange???

https://instagr.am/p/B_qxnIODyW3
the time is NOW for everything (don't be a dumb azz)#

You know, she's not that great. She has to use tape to cut in a ceiling.
sosheezy
Congrats Jared!
Strykur
sosheezy said:

Congrats Jared!

Sure the lawyers got involved but his extension probably sealed the deal
Shocky1
^ just another berkeley/stinson beach high school grad getting **** done in life

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

3.4 gpa COMMIT kaden cook taking his official visit this weekend to berkeley in order to do the hang with the school's new mascot buc-ee!!!

kaden & his doggy dog know that oski is a loser

https://instagr.am/p/CMpoNB9Jjt5
the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world (without texas weather)
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

2025 ELITE 6'5" 225 lbs edge defender from st john bosco#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the inland empire)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

epi gonna visit cal on june 21st (same time as qb1 target jaron keawe sagapolutele)
epi, welcome to berkeley this weekend on ur official visit!, ur attacking qbs is a BLUR!
First Page Last Page
Page 281 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.