Hey Dodgers Fans

1,000,674 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Big C
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SigOtherIsATrojan;842507173 said:

No. Baseball is a sport you established superiority over 162 games. Not being mediocre and winning coin flip game.

You guys keep telling yourselves that. Maybe Clayton Kershaw will have a playoff game he doesn't choke away soon.
SigOtherIsATrojan
ducky23;842507197 said:

Hey guber, enjoy your title tonight cause you ain't going to see one with your other team.

Not a warriors guy....okay Nostradamus
NYCGOBEARS
Ownage.
MinotStateBeav
Rumor is that Mark McGuire has a few ideas on how to 'inject' some power into the dodgers lineup...
KoreAmBear
MinotStateBeav;842508422 said:

Rumor is that Mark McGuire has a few ideas on how to 'inject' some power into the dodgers lineup...

It's gotten quite embarrassing. I want to see how Moneyball Boy responds to this. I thought this was supposed to be some functional team that does not rely on bombs for runs? Well that's all they're doing. The bully also sucks like under Ned.
oski003
NYCGOBEARS;842508387 said:

Ownage.

Zomg! Timmy is getting owned right now! The Dodgers are the best team ever! All the players are awesome and the best! If only the Giants payroll wasn't a box of cracker jacks, they'd be winning this game. Zomg!

Edited to add that if the Warriors and Giants were in the same room, they'd surely cure cancer.
GRRAAH
Wonder if the gnats will win a game in July. More likely I suppose is they'll be in last place by the end of the month.
KoreAmBear
GRRAAH;842512840 said:

Wonder if the gnats will win a game in July. More likely I suppose is they'll be in last place by the end of the month.

Can't say the Doyers are much better as we know how truly awful the bully is. But it's nice to have that cushion. Man this thread will outlive the internets.
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842512840 said:

What, did you get tired of texting me after every Giants loss? Tired you out, huh?
Unit2Sucks
Hard being a Bay Area sports fan right now.
Cal_Fan2
Unit2Sucks;842512878 said:

Hard being a Bay Area sports fan right now.

Bask in the after glow......it was only 3 weeks ago.

sycasey
Excellent performance by Kershaw in tonight's All-Star Game.
stanfurdbites
Well we all know it won't matter to the Dodgers in October. Not like they have even been to any world series since the ASG mattered. Guess almost $300 million in salaries still can't buy you a championship.
BoaltBear
Kershaw with the loss.
KoreAmBear
stanfurdbites;842514884 said:

Well we all know it won't matter to the Dodgers in October. Not like they have even been to any world series since the ASG mattered. Guess almost $300 million in salaries still can't buy you a championship.

It won't matter to the Gigantes. It's an odd year.
Grimnebulin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4762[/ATTACH]
bearsandgiants
mlb.com/dominono

Free pizza for the first 20k fans starting in 1 minute (no dodger fans allowed)
GMP
Bumgarner goes yard (AGAIN) as does new pickup Marlon Byrd in his first AB as a Giant, AND the Dodgers get NO-NO'd? A good Giants day. A very good Giants day.
bearsandgiants
grandmastapoop;842528700 said:

Bumgarner goes yard (AGAIN) as does new pickup Marlon Byrd in his first AB as a Giant, AND the Dodgers get NO-NO'd? A good Giants day. A very good Giants day.

Indeed!

And another free pizza, Monday at noon.

mlb.com/dominono
YuSeeBerkeley
bearsandgiants;842528788 said:

Indeed!

And another free pizza, Monday at noon.

mlb.com/dominono

Been awfully quiet. Anything new going on? How's the pennant race going for you guys?
Unit2Sucks
Doesn't look like the Giants will get over the hump this year. I guess we'll have to settle for 3 world series in 6 years. If the Giants don't win it, I look forward to another Cardinals pennant and hopefullly a competitive world series. Look on the bright side, the Dodgers won a world series in 1988 so you've got that going for you.

oh and ps Greinke should win the Cy Young.
bencgilmore
Unit2Sucks;842533783 said:

Doesn't look like the Giants will get over the hump this year. I guess we'll have to settle for 3 world series in 6 years. If the Giants don't win it, I look forward to another Cardinals pennant and hopefullly a competitive world series. Look on the bright side, the Dodgers won a world series in 1988 so you've got that going for you.

oh and ps Greinke should win the Cy Young.

lol look at the pity party over here
OSKIesq
Yeah, so we may not make it to the play off this year -- it's an odd year, and seriously, we can't win them everywhere. But seriously, what the Giants have done the last 6 years is insane. That will keep me happy for a long time -- but a RB will make me even happier. I mean, can you imagine 3 WS!?!?!?! 3 WS parades?!?!?! 3 WS celebrations within 5 years. Nuts! So go, Dodger fans, enjoy your NL West win...
Unit2Sucks
SadbutTrue999;842533789 said:

lol look at the pity party over here

You have it all wrong, I don't pity Dodgers fans.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;842533793 said:

You have it all wrong, I don't pity Dodgers fans.

Way to preempt more smack talk with your false humility U2S LOL. Good strategy.
sycasey
The Giants had a real nice lineup for a while there, and then everyone got hurt. That's how it goes sometimes.

I'm not going to complain, because no one wants to hear it from fans of a team that's won 3 championships recently.
rathokan
don't quite understand this line of thinking... as a Lakers fan winning five championships in the 80s and five in the 2000s, i was always pissed and complaining when we didn't win it again (and I'm super pissed now). and i'm pissed the Dodgers have been so terrible even though they now have the resources not to be. i guess it's baby steps... I think I read something that the Dodgers since moving to LA have never made the playoffs three years in a row. and i'm pissed Cal has been so bad. pissed the Kings missed the playoffs last year. i guess i need a drink

also pissed that the Rams left LA, but hoping for their return! :-D

SD should keep the Chargers.
GB54
Cubs, so all those old guys in Chicago can finally die happy and Steve Bartman can come out of the witness protection program
KoreAmBear
OSKIesq;842533792 said:

Yeah, so we may not make it to the play off this year -- it's an odd year, and seriously, we can't win them everywhere. But seriously, what the Giants have done the last 6 years is insane. That will keep me happy for a long time -- but a RB will make me even happier. I mean, can you imagine 3 WS!?!?!?! 3 WS parades?!?!?! 3 WS celebrations within 5 years. Nuts! So go, Dodger fans, enjoy your NL West win...

Yes, we are envious of the 3 ships for sure. But it's like the Top Dogs I had last year. They may still be in my small intestines, but I want my hot link, brat and/or chicken apple NOW. Go Dodgers!
sycasey
rathokan;842533861 said:

don't quite understand this line of thinking... as a Lakers fan winning five championships in the 80s and five in the 2000s, i was always pissed and complaining when we didn't win it again (and I'm super pissed now).

Yes, but that's because Lakers fans are crazy and entitled. I don't want to be like that.

Only one team can win the championship every year. If you're super pissed every time your team doesn't do it, that's a rough way to live.

It's different, of course, if they haven't done it in a looooooong time (hello, Cal football).
Unit2Sucks
KoreAmBear;842533868 said:

Yes, we are envious of the 3 ships for sure. But it's like the Top Dogs I had last year. They may still be in my small intestines, but I want my hot link, brat and/or chicken apple NOW. Go Dodgers!

Dodgers have the 2 best pitchers in baseball and plenty of playoff experience. They should have as good a chance as any Don Mattingly team can have. This could be your year!

I'm generally with Sycasey. Do I wish the Giants would make the playoffs and win the WS this year? Of course! Am I going to complain? Of course not, I've been well fed on World Series and an NBA championship so I can wait a little bit for another great meal.
OSKIesq
Unit2Sucks;842533926 said:

Dodgers have the 2 best pitchers in baseball and plenty of playoff experience. They should have as good a chance as any Don Mattingly team can have. This could be your year!

I'm generally with Sycasey. Do I wish the Giants would make the playoffs and win the WS this year? Of course! Am I going to complain? Of course not, I've been well fed on World Series and an NBA championship so I can wait a little bit for another great meal.

Look, I hate the Dodgers more than I hate the furd and $uc combined. At least I can respect the furd's academics and $uc's networking, but the Dodgers, I hate everything about that team. (And my husband is a Dodger fan, so he can thank his team for not getting any for the next few months if they make it the playoffs.) And of course I want the Giants to win the WS every single year, just like I want Cal to go to the RB every single year -- but it's not going to happen. I just understand and appreciate how difficult it is to win a WS in baseball. The baseball season and the playoffs are just different from all other play offs. It takes a lot of skill (of course), but also some luck -- and of course a great manager. However, having all 3 of those doesn't guarantee a WS win, and definitely not 3 wins in 5. This is why I'm not ridiculously upset that the Giants may not end up in the playoffs and contend for another WS win. The MLB is not like NBA. They're just different, and winning championships (and building teams to win said championships) is so different for either sport.

Anyway, GO GIANTS and GO BEARS!!
Unit2Sucks
OSKIesq;842533930 said:

but the Dodgers, I hate everything about that team. (And my husband is a Dodger fan, so he can thank his team for not getting any for the next few months if they make it the playoffs.)

There is plenty to like about the Dodgers. First and foremost, they've been frustrating championship starved fans for almost 30 years. I salute them for their continued dedication to disappointing their fanbase. As a Giants fan, I'm thrilled for the shoe to finally be on the other foot.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;842533934 said:

There is plenty to like about the Dodgers. First and foremost, they've been frustrating championship starved fans for almost 30 years. I salute them for their continued dedication to disappointing their fanbase. As a Giants fan, I'm thrilled for the shoe to finally be on the other foot.

Back to the beginning theme of the thread: Greinke > MadBum.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842533939 said:

Back to the beginning theme of the thread: Greinke > MadBum.

If the umps help him out.
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.