Hey Dodgers Fans

999,187 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Big C
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842533942 said:

If the umps help him out.

Hmmmm. Complaints about the officials. Complaints about injuries. A "meh, we have plenty of titles already". Is this a UCLA board??
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842533948 said:

Hmmmm. Complaints about the officials. Complaints about injuries. A "meh, we have plenty of titles already". Is this a UCLA board??

Haha. Our admissions policy is too stringent!
beelzebear
I never hated the Giants...as in why? They never won anything during my lifetime until a few seasons ago and all the fans just whined and complained about LA. In fact for the longest time I humored Giants fans and didn't push the loser thing because I felt sorry for Giants fans and I'm a peaceful guy. If your rival feels sorry for you, you are pathetic. So keep talking Giants fans...your pathetic nature proceeds you, and is near historic. The thing is, Giants fan still whine about LA, even after winning. To me, that's a loser mentality despite the rings. Other than that, Giant fans have entered into the NY Yankee-Baston Red Sox Doucheweasel realm of fandom.

That said, I still give the Giants credit for building PhoneCo Ball Park on their own dime, they deserve that success for the risk. I also give them credit for Willie Mays, the best ballplayer ever. Wish I could hate the fans but after a few Giant fans GFs, it makes you go soft on them that way, otherwise it's difficult to get hard on them later.

Now about them Niners....
sycasey
TheSouseFamily;842533948 said:

Sorry, but that 7th inning last night was ridiculous. Two free outs to get Greinke out of a big jam in a one-run game.

I don't expect the Dodger fans to admit it. And I don't expect any other fans to have sympathy, because you know, three championships. But still, that was terrible.
sycasey
beelzebear;842533951 said:

I never hated the Giants...as in why? They never won anything during my lifetime until a few seasons ago and all the fans just whined and complained about LA. In fact for the longest time I humored Giants fans and didn't push the loser thing because I felt sorry for Giants fans and I'm a peaceful guy. If your rival feels sorry for you, you are pathetic. So keep talking Giants fans...your pathetic nature proceeds you, and is near historic. The thing is, Giants fan still whine about LA, even after winning. To me, that's a loser mentality despite the rings. Other than that, Giant fans have entered into the NY Yankee-Baston Red Sox Doucheweasel realm of fandom.

The fact that the Giants have now won enough championships for Dodger fans to come down off their high horses and complain about all of our chatter . . . ahh, it is music to my ears.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842533953 said:

Sorry, but that 7th inning last night was ridiculous. Two free outs to get Greinke out of a big jam in a one-run game.

I don't expect the Dodger fans to admit it. And I don't expect any other fans to have sympathy, because you know, three championships. But still, that was terrible.

Well Romo balked in the 9th inning of game 1 and we both could have saved some arms, but you know these things all even out somehow.
TheSouseFamily
sycasey;842533953 said:

I agree that the ring up of De Aza was a bad call. But hell, that happens in baseball. I still hope they bring a computer system into it and have the home plate umpire call pitches based on it.

I notice that you don't seem offended by the missing balk call that would have won the game for the Dodgers on Monday.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily;842533958 said:

I agree that the ring up of De Aza was a bad call. But hell, that happens in baseball. I still hope they bring a computer system into it and have the home plate umpire call pitches based on it.

I notice that you don't seem offended by the missing balk call that would have won the game for the Dodgers on Monday.

LOL @ Dodger fans expecting balk calls. And you guys won that game anyway.

And it was De Aza being rung up after Byrd was called out on a tie base (which is supposed to go to the runner). Could have been bases loaded with nobody out. Instead, two outs and Greinke gets out of it.
beelzebear
sycasey;842533956 said:

The fact that the Giants have now won enough championships for Dodger fans to come down off their high horses and complain about all of our chatter . . . ahh, it is music to my ears.

If you're saying that, after championships...Dodgers still own your brain, still under your skin. See, I respect the Giants but I don't really care. See that's the thing that NorCal never got about the LA thing...people from LA really don't care about NorCal except it's cute and there's like food and wine near by. Giants fans are still butt hurt. Any way, enjoy the championships, maybe you guys will chill out at some point.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842533968 said:

If you're saying that, after championships...Dodgers still own your brain, still under your skin. See, I respect the Giants but I don't really care. See that's the thing that NorCal never got about the LA thing...people from LA really don't care about NorCal except it's cute and there's like food and wine near by. Giants fans are still butt hurt. Any way, enjoy the championships, maybe you guys will chill out at some point.

Funny. The smack is back! It was getting too friendly in here.
sycasey

Yes, your constant posts on the subject really emphasize how little you care.
beelzebear
KoreAmBear;842533969 said:

Funny. The smack is back! It was getting too friendly in here.

It's the beginning of FB season..people are surly and want to see some HITTING!
beelzebear
sycasey;842533975 said:

Yes, your constant posts on the subject really emphasize how little you care.

Returning fire....because we know LA is still under the skin of ALL Giants fans.

Giants you might have won the WS, but we're still going to treat you like the bottom. I mean, it's is SF!
BearlyCareAnymore
sycasey;842533964 said:

LOL @ Dodger fans expecting balk calls. And you guys won that game anyway.

And it was De Aza being rung up after Byrd was called out on a tie base (which is supposed to go to the runner). Could have been bases loaded with nobody out. Instead, two outs and Greinke gets out of it.

There is no such rule as tie base going to the runner. Tie bases do not exist under the rules. Umpire has to make a judgment one way or the other.
1979bear

This is, more or less, Professor Litwack's lecture in History 17-B on Los Angeles--and how the only people who really get worked up about LA are the folks up here in the Bay Area. LA really doesn't care at all about SF, or about the NFL.
BearlyCareAnymore
beelzebear;842533980 said:

Returning fire....because we know LA is still under the skin of ALL Giants fans.

Giants you might have won the WS, but we're still going to treat you like the bottom. I mean, it's is SF!

If you didn't care you wouldn't return fire. LA has perfected the art of not caring. Any one from LA will spend hours and days telling you how much they don't care. I'll try to remind myself how much you guys don't care the next time you don't care a Giants fan into a coma.

Northern Californians only care about LA because 1. we are embarrassed to be associated with you, which we are far too often unfortunately; and 2. You are resource hogs.
KoreAmBear
OaktownBear;842533994 said:

If you didn't care you wouldn't return fire. LA has perfected the art of not caring. Any one from LA will spend hours and days telling you how much they don't care. I'll try to remind myself how much you guys don't care the next time you don't care a Giants fan into a coma.

Northern Californians only care about LA because 1. we are embarrassed to be associated with you, which we are far too often unfortunately; and 2. You are resource hogs.

It is absolute truth that No Cal is obsessed with So Cal. I was only aware of this when I first came to Cal. There was a Honda commercial making fun of L.A. people. I was pretty amazed.

And it is reflected in #3: Bay Area envy of the attention So Cal gets (which formerly used to be theirs). Not in everything, of course, but there is some truth to this statement.
beelzebear
OaktownBear;842533994 said:

It doesn't really bother me...see I'm a "BI-Californian" with roots in both NorCal and SoCal. Family came to NorCal for the Gold Rush as miners...relatives founded the Pacific Coast Canning Company in Oakland during the turn of the 19th/20th century, many relative in SF, Oakland, NorCal. Yet I also have roots in SoCal from my mom's side and just being in California. But yes, I get what you're saying...it's the U$C/SoCal arrogance, which is really just different form of NorCal Berkeley uptight smart hippie arrogance. It works both ways, thus so do I. I get that and yet I'll still mock it. I actually like both NorCal and SoCal but for different reasons...but because I grew up around the Dodgers, they're my team.

ETA: the rivalry between NorCal and SoCal has always been there..money vs. money, Hollywood glamour vs. well hippies. but I consider myself lucky, I can pick and choose what I like and mock what I don't.
GMP
beelzebear;842533980 said:

The Dodgers are certainly not under my skin. I have relished beating the pants off them so far this year, prior to this week, and yes the two close losses this week are tough because it hurts the Giants playoff chances. But my very first baseball memory is the 1988 World Series, Game 1. Since that series, I have known only Dodger failures. I am 33 years old and I have never had to think about Dodger fans celebrating a World Series win. Hell, I've never had to think about them even winning a pennant. And I enjoy the fact that Dodger fans have had to watch the Giants win 3 World Series titles in 5 years, though what I especially treasure if the joys that those 3 playoff runs brought.

If the Dodgers win ONE World Series, it would certainly irk me. But for now...they might as well be the Padres (who, of course, have one more pennant than the Dodgers since the end of 1988).

As for this season, the lead was just 1.5 games about a week ago, and the Giants have suffered a string of unfortunately timed injuries. Still, the pitching staff has obviously been flawed from the getgo, and the Giants are only even within striking distance because the Dodgers have horribly underachieved. In 2 days, the playoffs went from seeming likely to a stretch - but as others have said, when you have won 3 titles in 5 years, you aren't desperate. If the Giants don't make the playoffs, I will miss the joys of a deep playoff run, and October will be less fun, but I'm not going to stew. I will, however, take solace in the fact that the odds are strongly against Dodger fans getting to celebrate their first World Series title since I was 6.
beelzebear
[SIZE=7]Johnny LaMaster!

Dave Kingman! [/SIZE]
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842533951 said:

That said, I still give the Giants credit for building PhoneCo Ball Park on their own dime, they deserve that success for the risk. I also give them credit for Willie Mays, the best ballplayer ever. Wish I could hate the fans but after a few Giant fans GFs, it makes you go soft on them that way, otherwise it's difficult to get hard on them later.

Now about them Niners....

Eff LA.
GMP
beelzebear;842534005 said:

[SIZE=7]Johnny LaMaster!

Dave Kingman! [/SIZE]

Yeah, you don't care at all.
TheSouseFamily
grandmastapoop;842534002 said:

As for this season, the lead was just 1.5 games about a week ago, and the Giants have suffered a string of unfortunately timed injuries.

Good thing the Didgers haven't had any injuries recently. Like to Howie Kendrick. Or Puig. Or Herrnandez. Or Grandal.

Not to mention Ryu, McCarrthy, etc earlier.
BearlyCareAnymore
beelzebear;842534001 said:

It doesn't really bother me...see I'm a "BI-Californian" with roots in both NorCal and SoCal. Family came to NorCal for the Gold Rush as miners...relatives founded the Pacific Coast Canning Company in Oakland during the turn of the 19th/20th century, many relative in SF, Oakland, NorCal. Yet I also have roots in SoCal from my mom's side and just being in California. But yes, I get what you're saying...it's the U$C/SoCal arrogance, which is really just different form of NorCal Berkeley uptight smart hippie arrogance. It works both ways, thus so do I. I get that and yet I'll still mock it. I actually like both NorCal and SoCal but for different reasons...but because I grew up around the Dodgers, they're my team.

ETA: the rivalry between NorCal and SoCal has always been there..money vs. money, Hollywood glamour vs. well hippies. but I consider myself lucky, I can pick and choose what I like and mock what I don't.

First of all, beelze, hope you understand my shot was intended as "friendly" banter as "return fire" as well. As for the Dodgers - I truly don't care. I'm an A's fan. I've always thought that it was hilarious that the Giants and Dodgers moved from one heated regional rivalry to another one.

I've always found it funny, though, that when I listen to the banter between SF and LA fans as an outsider (as an aside, the funny thing is that the Oakland teams never really did care about the SoCal teams - the A's and Angels are really not much more rivals than anyone else in the division, and the Chargers seem to have always hated the Raiders a lot more than the Raiders did the Chargers as the Raider fans' hate is really aimed at KC, Denver and SF.) or when I listen to the banter as an insider (Cal fan), the level of taunting has always seemed the same to me on either side, just that the LA side of the equation adds "and I don't care about you" at the end.

Although I will say this. No one cares more about what EVERYONE thinks about them than USC fans. They desperately want everyone to think they are superior. I guess that is what being inferior does to a person.
NYCGOBEARS
grandmastapoop;842534007 said:

Yeah, you don't care at all.

During the last two games my wife kept asking me why LA fans were so mellow and blase as if they were too cool to get excited, because AT&T would be loud and raucous.
GMP
TheSouseFamily;842534008 said:

Good thing the Didgers haven't had any injuries recently. Like to Howie Kendrick. Or Puig. Or Herrnandez. Or Grandal.

Not to mention Ryu, McCarrthy, etc earlier.

Aww, why'd you edit out the rest? Too painful. 1988 is a longtime ago, I know.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842534011 said:

So is 1959. So is 1937. If the Cubs win this year, I will call it and say it's our season.
TheSouseFamily
grandmastapoop;842534011 said:

It really is, brother. You have no idea.
beelzebear
OaktownBear;842534009 said:

First of all, beelze, hope you understand my shot was intended as "friendly" banter as "return fire" as well. As for the Dodgers - I truly don't care. I'm an A's fan. I've always thought that it was hilarious that the Giants and Dodgers moved from one heated regional rivalry to another one.

I've always found it funny, though, that when I listen to the banter between SF and LA fans as an outsider (as an aside, the funny thing is that the Oakland teams never really did care about the SoCal teams - the A's and Angels are really not much more rivals than anyone else in the division, and the Chargers seem to have always hated the Raiders a lot more than the Raiders did the Chargers as the Raider fans' hate is really aimed at KC, Denver and SF.) or when I listen to the banter as an insider (Cal fan), the level of taunting has always seemed the same to me on either side, just that the LA side of the equation adds "and I don't care about you" at the end.

Although I will say this. No one cares more about what EVERYONE thinks about them than USC fans. They desperately want everyone to think they are superior. I guess that is what being inferior does to a person.

I get it's all in fun and returning fire..it wouldn't be a rivalry without it. But yeah, sometimes it gets wacky. I know sometimes I have to check myself when talking about Furd. re; the U$C thing...I still can't figure that one out, even after growing up around it. They really have no reason to be arrogant and proud except for FB, and that's not exactly consistent.

Any way, I'll take the Bedouin/Arab approach to this as a Californian...I, against my brothers. I and my brothers against my cousins. I and my brothers and my cousins against the world. So yes, I give Giants fans smack but you're still Californians, so you're a cousin...and there's the fly over and cold states to mock and ignore.
sycasey
OaktownBear;842533985 said:

There is no such rule as tie base going to the runner. Tie bases do not exist under the rules. Umpire has to make a judgment one way or the other.

I looked it up and you are right. One of those urban legend things I'd always accepted as truth.

So this was a 50/50 call that went the Dodgers' way at a critical time, but perhaps not a truly bad call.
sycasey
OaktownBear;842534009 said:

he level of taunting has always seemed the same to me on either side, just that the LA side of the equation adds "and I don't care about you" at the end.

This, very much this.

Dodger fans are great at talking smack about the Giants while also talking about how much they don't care about the Giants.
TheSouseFamily
sycasey;842534025 said:

This, very much this.

Dodger fans are great at talking smack about the Giants while also talking about how much they don't care about the Giants.

I care so little that I don't even care about how little I care.
BearlyCareAnymore
beelzebear;842534021 said:

I get it's all in fun and returning fire..it wouldn't be a rivalry without it. But yeah, sometimes it gets wacky. I know sometimes I have to check myself when talking about Furd. re; the U$C thing...I still can't figure that one out, even after growing up around it. They really have no reason to be arrogant and proud except for FB, and that's not exactly consistent.

Any way, I'll take the Bedouin/Arab approach to this as a Californian...I, against my brothers. I and my brothers against my cousins. I and my brothers and my cousins against the world. So yes, I give Giants fans smack but you're still Californians, so you're a cousin...and there's the fly over and cold states to mock and ignore.

I take the OaktownBear approach. I and my brothers against the world unless my brothers are jackasses and then my brother can go to hell. Giants - fine. Hey you're San Franciscans. 49ers and Stanford - go to hell! I hope the world crushes you. Cousins, I don't give a damn about. Except USC - you can go to hell with the 49ers and Stanford. I hope the world crushes you except when you play Stanford in which case I hope the asteroid crushes you both, but if not, pour your arrogance over them. They deserve to suffer at the hands of one they know to be inferior. As for UCLA, I'm not so riled up about it, but the world might as well crush you to.
beelzebear
OaktownBear;842534030 said:

I take the OaktownBear approach. I and my brothers against the world unless my brothers are jackasses and then my brother can go to hell. Giants - fine. Hey you're San Franciscans. 49ers and Stanford - go to hell! I hope the world crushes you. Cousins, I don't give a damn about. Except USC - you can go to hell with the 49ers and Stanford. I hope the world crushes you except when you play Stanford in which case I hope the asteroid crushes you both, but if not, pour your arrogance over them. They deserve to suffer at the hands of one they know to be inferior. As for UCLA, I'm not so riled up about it, but the world might as well crush you to.

I'll make it easier - always hate red: U$C or Furd...the rest in the state don't pay attention to unless there's a game or standings are on the line.
GB54
The friend of my friend is my enemy

The friend of my enemy is my enemy

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy

The enemy of my friend is my enemy
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.