Hey Dodgers Fans

996,064 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Big C
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;841928674 said:

Giants are right where they need to be. They just need the guys they have to keep stepping up the way they have been. With the Giants starting rotation, anything can happen. We've seen that in the past. The dodgers have Kershaw and everybody else. Having Gonzales will give them a big boost, but they're still going to have a tough time winning games in the playoffs without a better starting rotation to back up Kershaw. If (big if) Lincecum can pull it together, the Giants will be in good shape.

Billingsley has been the Dodgers best pitcher like the last month and a half. So you have Kershaw and Bills. But yes, after that you have no idea what you're going to get out of Capuano (fading), Harang (fading), and esp. Blanton (horrible, get rid of him). Even Beckett would be an upgrade for Blanton (what a horrible season Beckett is having though). With Crawford, I think the Dodgers are intent to accumulate the most amount of former superstars having horrible seasons on one roster ever.
sycasey
glb78;841928656 said:

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in
http://twitter.com/GordonEdes

I think some Dodger fans will miss the days of Ned having to work within a budget if this goes through. That's a lot of dough to take on.

This is . . . a really risky move if it happens.
GB54
glb78;841928656 said:

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in
http://twitter.com/GordonEdes

I think some Dodger fans will miss the days of Ned having to work within a budget if this goes through. That's a lot of dough to take on.

Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett and Punto. Why don't they throw in Lackey, Dice K and Valentine's ex wife? Dodgers can't be this stupid. AGon, ok but the rest... there's hope if you are a Red Sox fan
KoreAmBear
GB54;841928683 said:

Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett and Punto. Why don't they throw in Lackey, Dice K and Valentine's ex wife? Dodgers can't be this stupid. AGon, ok but the rest... there's hope if you are a Red Sox fan

We'll take Valentine and banish him to the minor leagues. He's Tommy's good friend. Valentine was once an up and coming young manager in the 80s in the Dodger system.
NYCGOBEARS
Doyers are playin high risk high reward. Too much $ involved if you ask me.
GB54
Gonzo scratched from tonight's line-up. It could be on. Rumor mill says Loney involved
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;841928703 said:

Doyers are playin high risk high reward. Too much $ involved if you ask me.

Yeah, Gonzo makes some sense but taking on the Beckett and Crawford contracts too? That's kind of nuts.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;841928746 said:

Yeah, Gonzo makes some sense but taking on the Beckett and Crawford contracts too? That's kind of nuts.

Boston is trying to job em.
GB54
Deal's done. Agon, Crawford, Punto and Beckett to LA. Maybe the Dodgers can buy up Greece's debt while they are at it.
HaloBear
GB54;841929065 said:

Deal's done. Agon, Crawford, Punto and Beckett to LA. Maybe the Dodgers can buy up Greece's debt while they are at it.

The Dodgers are so, so, so, so dumb.
NYCGOBEARS
HaloBear;841929066 said:

The Dodgers are so, so, so, so dumb.

$261 million dumb.
GRRAAH
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8302371/red-sox-dodgers-deal-history-maker

First the most incredible Dwight Howard deal...and now this?

Could only happen in the Center of the Universe...

Dodgers and Lakers...on to their respective titles!!!

:bravo
SoCalBear323
#Dynasties #HattersGonnaHat
BeggarEd
#championsonpaperonly #kirkgibsonwasalongtimeago
#youjustoverpaid
SoCalBear323
#saybyetotheplayoffs
#yourownersarebroke
#getonourlevel
GB54
SoCalBear323;841929201 said:

#saybyetotheplayoffs
#yourownersarebroke
#getonourlevel

#

Captain Obvious
First at bat as a Dodger for Gonzo tonight a 3-Run blast:p
NYCGOBEARS
The hash tags are hilarious.
NYCGOBEARS
Bump. Here we go!...... 5 1/2 game lead for Los Gigantes.
RaphaelAglietti
Dodgers seem to lack glue guys. They're spending like the Yankees but also seem to suffer like the Yankees in terms of missing out on guys who bring a lot of intangibles.

The other problem is that the the home atmospheres are wildly different. Giants fan base is such tight knit fun loving and creative group. There's a real connection between the fans, players, and broadcasters.

Dodgers don't have that presently. Dodgers have more talent but it's not cohesive like the Giants.
NYCGOBEARS
Ahem, sorry but can we bring this topic back?
Adrian The Cal Bear
GRRAAH;841929157 said:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8302371/red-sox-dodgers-deal-history-maker

First the most incredible Dwight Howard deal...and now this?

Could only happen in the Center of the Universe...

Dodgers and Lakers...on to their respective titles!!!

:bravo

:acclaim:
sycasey
LOLgers
BlueAndGold
lol dodgers.
CalBear68
Dollar-gers!!!
sycasey
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955382 said:

Well I have to say the Giants really stuck together and played well down the stretch. Best starting pitching in baseball and Posey has been out of his mind since the AS break. Have fun with it. I had my fun with the L.A. Kings so I'm good. Still, you guys have some catching up to do in the WS title dept. 5-1 is still pretty lopsided, so stay classy until you've at least tied it and please do not harbor any more cheaters like Mota and Cabrera. Good luck!
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955385 said:

Well I have to say the Giants really stuck together and played well down the stretch. Best starting pitching in baseball and Posey has been out of his mind since the AS break. Have fun with it. I had my fun with the L.A. Kings so I'm good. Still, you guys have some catching up to do in the WS title dept. 5-1 is still pretty lopsided, so stay classy until you've at least tied it and please do not harbor any more cheaters like Mota and Cabrera. Good luck!

KoreAmBear
Dodgers:

Giants:

sycasey
Yes, but I fail to see what any of this has to do with the Dodgers blowing it after making their big trade.
71Bear
I agree. It is always fun to tweak the Dough-Jay. Besides, this gives me an opportunity to acknowledge Marco Scutaro. Who knew that he would be the "Brian Sabean surprise pick up" for 2012?
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;841955391 said:

Yes, but I fail to see what any of this has to do with the Dodgers blowing it after making their big trade.

Or their failure as a team.
NYCGOBEARS
71Bear;841955401 said:

I agree. It is always fun to tweak the Dough-Jay. Besides, this gives me an opportunity to acknowledge Marco Scutaro. Who knew that he would be the "Brian Sabean surprise pick up" for 2012?

Marco Scutaro has turned out to be one of the best late season trades ever. Who would have thunk? Not me, that's for sure. Sabean does it again. Go Giants. Beat LA!
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841955385 said:

Still, you guys have some catching up to do in the WS title dept. 5-1 is still pretty lopsided, so stay classy until you've at least tied it

Actually we are tied 6-6. It's been a long time since 1988 and the last Dodger title. We will stay classy. Giants fans generally are.
TheBears
NYCGOBEARS;841955406 said:

Actually we are tied 6-6. It's been a long time since 1988 and the last Dodger title. We will stay classy. Giants fans generally are.

That's like when Detroit Pistons fans go the the well of Fort Wayne accomplishments. What can you say at that point?

I would say that the vast majority of old-school Giants fans are classy. Many of them can't afford to go to the ballpark often. The vast majority of the bandwagoners, and Mike Krukow, are not.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.