Hey Dodgers Fans

1,004,543 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Big C
CalBearinLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Originally Posted by ducky23
I have an honest question for all of you Cal-dodgers-lakers fans out there. Do you find it kind of weird rooting for LA teams and Cal? The dodgers and Lakers (for better or worse) are SOOOO LA. And Cal is basically the antithesis of all things So-Cal. Honestly, I don't see how you can love both at the same time. Because to really, truly understand what it is to love Cal, you almost have to reject everything that so-cal represents. its like, how can you love telegraph and beach balls in the bleachers at the same time?

LOL, this guy is an idiot. i actually laughed, then showed my coworkers and they laughed at how nonsensical this was.
chazzed
CalBearinLA;841916766 said:

Originally Posted by ducky23
I have an honest question for all of you Cal-dodgers-lakers fans out there. Do you find it kind of weird rooting for LA teams and Cal? The dodgers and Lakers (for better or worse) are SOOOO LA. And Cal is basically the antithesis of all things So-Cal. Honestly, I don't see how you can love both at the same time. Because to really, truly understand what it is to love Cal, you almost have to reject everything that so-cal represents. its like, how can you love telegraph and beach balls in the bleachers at the same time?

LOL, this guy is an idiot. i actually laughed, then showed my coworkers and they laughed at how nonsensical this was.

It's rather amusing, yeah. To be fair to that poster, I suspect he was just trying to stir things up (as if a Dodgers/Giants threads needs it).
GB54
Wow, the Phillies have fallen very far very fast!

Am hoping the A's, Nationals and Pirates make the playoff. Up the revolution!
BowDowntoWashington
Bear Balls;841916742 said:

Sorry to hear your grades and/or LSATs are sub par.

Lol, UW law has a good reputation in Seattle but it is a regional program.

To Adrian - Don't really know much about the law school - the building is nice.

Realize that where you go to law school is probably where you'll end up practicing. If you want to practice in California, then stay in state for law school. If you like Seattle, then UW is the best law school in the state.

ducky23;841904534 said:

I've had some disagreements with others on this board, but you are the worst poster I've seen on here. My opinion isn't based on one post alone. You come across as being a completely clueless buffoon in most of your posts.

The Giants and Dodgers both made solid moves today. Looks like the Diamondbacks aren't very interested in contending.
Bear Balls
BowDowntoWashington;841916867 said:

I've had some disagreements with others on this board, but you are the worst poster I've seen on here. My opinion isn't based on one post alone. You come across as being a completely clueless buffoon in most of your posts.

+1. Ducky is a clown. He's been noticeably absent from this thread of late- likely under his covers in the fetal position doing a BEAT LA chant.
glb78
Baseball related. http://deadspin.com/5931360/new-york-yankees-facebook-page-announces-derek-jeter-to-miss-rest-of-season-due-to-sex-change

:rollinglaugh:
bencgilmore
ducky23 said:

I have an honest question for all of you Cal-dodgers-lakers fans out there. Do you find it kind of weird rooting for LA teams and Cal? The dodgers and Lakers (for better or worse) are SOOOO LA. And Cal is basically the antithesis of all things So-Cal. Honestly, I don't see how you can love both at the same time. Because to really, truly understand what it is to love Cal, you almost have to reject everything that so-cal represents. its like, how can you love telegraph and beach balls in the bleachers at the same time?"

Um... no. Cal is not the antithesis of SoCal, you're speaking jibberish.
BowDowntoWashington
ducky sent me a private message that I thought I would share with everyone else:

buffoon here. How about a little wager. I bet you $100 that my LSAT score is higher than yours. c'mon, hotshot, lets bet. I'm not even kidding. I'm mail my LSAT score to you, you can mail yours to me.
Cal_Fan2
BowDowntoWashington;841918936 said:

ducky sent me a private message that I thought I would share with everyone else:

buffoon here. How about a little wager. I bet you $100 that my LSAT score is higher than yours. c'mon, hotshot, lets bet. I'm not even kidding. I'm mail my LSAT score to you, you can mail yours to me.

LOL.....overcompensating.
NYCGOBEARS
Don't even really know what to say about that one. Lol.
Adrian The Cal Bear
KoreAmBear;841915873 said:

LOL *sigh*. Classy as ever. If you don't understand that this post is not that classy (1st paragraph OK, 1st sentence of 2nd paragraph not so much - I don't know if you realize this, but boasting isn't the classiest thing in the world), I don't what to say. And I see your follow up post and you're getting further away. Here's a hint for what's classy -- point to something that is your fault or your own weakness, not point to others in a post no matter what they did. Did you see how NYCBear (forget his exact moniker), me and chazzed act kind of civil in our latest discourse? Believe me, I wanted to do come in here and do a "how you like me now" post. But that's probably not the road to take, esp. since baseball is a very humbling sport and it's a very long haul with team seasons changing shape all the time. We're all Bears so take is easy young man. You haven't suffered through Cal humility long enough as it appears. That has taught all of us. Most of us don't act douchey like $C and Oregon fans, as a result (and I hope we never do). Just my opinion.

Let me clarify my stance. I see what you are trying to say but this is what I was trying to say

Im only stating an observation from this thread - when you guys beat us, we showed class and did not take away the reward from your victory.

We admitted our team's faults and gave you your time. Meanwhile, some (think it is important to put some, since not all Dodgers fans are like this) Dodgers fans made it a point to note that Kemp was out during our sweep of you guys and that our sweep was a fluke. That isn't classy.

Look at it this way - if we beat U$C with Barkley out, imagine their fans saying something around the lines of - "well if we had Barkley, you guys would have lost." That subtracts the significance of a huge moment in Cal history for Cal fans.

Now do you see Cal fans saying to U$C, "well if you guys didn't cheat, we would have won?" No. Our fanbase shows class in admitting we lost fair and square and that U$C is a better team.

Dont get me wrong, I was wrong for making it seem like Giants fans are superior in "whose more classy". But based on the sample size of this thread, you clearly saw a different response to your victory vs our victory.

But yes you are right, maybe Im not the best person to say what is defined as classy or not. This thread was definitely not the best thread I've written on these boards.

So there we go, that's my stance. I hope this doesnt offend anyone. Anyone who takes sports-talk as personal, especially since all of us (except for maybe Bow) are Cal fans, needs to chill.
Adrian The Cal Bear
Bear Balls;841916742 said:

Sorry to hear your grades and/or LSATs are sub par.

Haha I spent too much time enjoying my time at Cal that I didn't care about my GPA enough to study hard at school. Whatever, no regrets.

And I havent taken the LSAT yet so I can't say I have sub-par LSAT scores yet.
Adrian The Cal Bear
BowDowntoWashington;841916867 said:

Lol, UW law has a good reputation in Seattle but it is a regional program.

To Adrian - Don't really know much about the law school - the building is nice.

Realize that where you go to law school is probably where you'll end up practicing. If you want to practice in California, then stay in state for law school. If you like Seattle, then UW is the best law school in the state.

So after checking out UW, I must admit I actually liked it. Sorry guys, haha, I tried to hate it but it's a beautiful campus.

I really liked the law building and can see myself as a student there. I really like some of the programs they have and the employment statistics within the Seattle market is appealing to me. After my visit, I am going to definitely apply but we'll see if I get accepted.

I can see myself living in Seattle but again - I dont want to make that decision until I get accepted into law schools yet. But thanks for the advice.

But that being said, the Bay is way better than Seattle.
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841919113 said:

Let me clarify my stance. I see what you are trying to say but this is what I was trying to say

Im only stating an observation from this thread - when you guys beat us, we showed class and did not take away the reward from your victory.

We admitted our team's faults and gave you your time. Meanwhile, some (think it is important to put some, since not all Dodgers fans are like this) Dodgers fans made it a point to note that Kemp was out during our sweep of you guys and that our sweep was a fluke. That isn't classy.

Look at it this way - if we beat U$C with Barkley out, imagine their fans saying something around the lines of - "well if we had Barkley, you guys would have lost." That subtracts the significance of a huge moment in Cal history for Cal fans.

Now do you see Cal fans saying to U$C, "well if you guys didn't cheat, we would have won?" No. Our fanbase shows class in admitting we lost fair and square and that U$C is a better team.

Dont get me wrong, I was wrong for making it seem like Giants fans are superior in "whose more classy". But based on the sample size of this thread, you clearly saw a different response to your victory vs our victory.

But yes you are right, maybe Im not the best person to say what is defined as classy or not. This thread was definitely not the best thread I've written on these boards.

So there we go, that's my stance. I hope this doesnt offend anyone. Anyone who takes sports-talk as personal, especially since all of us (except for maybe Bow) are Cal fans, needs to chill.

Hey Adrian, now THAT was a classy post. Let's face it, we're all woefully subjective about our teams but as long as we understand that, it's great. Now don't think Cal fans are more objective either. There are plenty of "you have to cheat to win" posts by Cal fans towards $c honks.

Dodger/Giants is a great rivalry and now it seems that we're both beating up on some bottom dwelling wankers.

Btw, good luck searching for a law school. You can do far worse than going to UW. We really need to be more precise in our hatred, it should be narrowly tailored toward Tosh and Sark. UW is a fine school and Seattle is an awesome city, period. I love all the raw oyster bars especially. Go Bears!
NYCGOBEARS
Glad to see Bears keeping it classy. After all, we are "The University of California" and represent the whole state.

One minor correction KAB. Giants/Dodgers is the greatest rivalry in all sports.
ColoradoBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Hmmm. Interesting day.

Melky = Manny.
Bear Balls
Adrian The Cal Bear;841919113 said:

Not sure I can agree with this.
bencgilmore
NYCGOBEARS;841919207 said:

Giants/Dodgers is the greatest rivalry in all sports.

Ehhhh. As an LA fan its tough to label many rivalries with LA teams involved as 'best ever'. USC/UCLA, USC/ND, LAL/BOS, LA/SF... the fans of the other teams tend to think they're greatest rivalries in sports but LA fans only say that when we're good.

As much as it annoys me that Boston and the Yankees are always on TV, its a fact both their fans always care. Same with Aub/Alabama, Ohio State/Michigan, etc etc.
glb78
Lets go Giants! :newnana:
wanderingbear82
NYCGOBEARS;841919207 said:

Giants/Dodgers is the greatest rivalry in all sports.

Come on.

Red Sox/Yankees, Duke/North Carolina, Michigan/Ohio State, Red River Rivalry...

I doubt many outside of California even care about this rivalry.
Bear Balls
It's a completely irrelevant rivalry. Hell, half the teams involved don't even care.
sycasey
Well, that series was much more fun than the last one.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;841927882 said:

Well, that series was much more fun than the last one.

+1. Nice to see Timmy back. Let's hope he can continue pitching well down the stretch.
NYCGOBEARS
Bear Balls;841927817 said:

It's a completely irrelevant rivalry. Hell, half the teams involved don't even care.

You're completely wrong. Even New Yorkers still have a reverence for the rivalry.
Bear Balls
"Greatest rivalry in sports" discredits your opinion on the matter.
NYCGOBEARS
Bear Balls;841927978 said:

"Greatest rivalry in sports" discredits your opinion on the matter.

I suppose your opinion is definitive and the only one that matters?
NYCGOBEARS
Bear Balls;841927817 said:

Irrelevant? The teams are vying for the pennant and the Giants won the World Series two years ago.

Half the teams involved don't care? You really believe that either the Dodgers or Giants don't care?

If you're going to be snarky and dismissive please made less ridiculous and idiotic statements.
GB54
The Dodgers have claimed Adrian Gonzalez and Josh Beckett on waivers from the Red Sox. This doesn't necessarily mean anything but it could signal a trade in the works. Interesting.
sycasey
GB54;841928624 said:

The Dodgers have claimed Adrian Gonzalez and Josh Beckett on waivers from the Red Sox. This doesn't necessarily mean anything but it could signal a trade in the works. Interesting.

I'd say it's most likely nothing happens (the Red Sox would probably demand more than the Dodgers are willing to give up for those contracts), but the new Dodger ownership is certainly willing to throw their money around these days . . .
GB54
sycasey;841928629 said:

I'd say it's most likely nothing happens (the Red Sox would probably demand more than the Dodgers are willing to give up for those contracts), but the new Dodger ownership is certainly willing to throw their money around these days . . .

Gonzalez makes $20 million a year (6 years) and Beckett has over $30 million left on his contract plus he sucks so I would agree.
glb78
Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in
http://twitter.com/GordonEdes

I think some Dodger fans will miss the days of Ned having to work within a budget if this goes through. That's a lot of dough to take on.
NYCGOBEARS
glb78;841928656 said:

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

I think some Dodger fans will miss the days of Ned having to work within a budget if this goes through. That's a lot of dough to take on.

Dodgers are getting serious. Good, it'll force SF to do the same. May the better team win.
glb78
NYCGOBEARS;841928662 said:

Dodgers are getting serious. Good, it'll force SF to do the same. May the better team win.

Agreed, but if the Dodgers unload the farm I see a Philly situation in the future. Go Giants!
KoreAmBear
glb78;841928656 said:

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes

Ned sucks. You guys can have him back.

Throwing big money, extended contract, to Andruw Jones coming off a season where he hit .220.

Throwing big money for a fat, third baseman who overachieved and has since been nowhere the guy he was during the 2010 Giants run.

Thowing big money to Andre Ethier who produces for half the season and almost always shuts down. He reached 100+ RBI only once in his career. He can't hit lefties and is essentially is an overpaid platoon type player. You want to get him out in a key spot? Just trot in a lefty. Any lefty. Affeldt, Jamie Moyer, Craig Lefferts, Dave Righetti. You have an out.
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS;841928662 said:

Giants are right where they need to be. They just need the guys they have to keep stepping up the way they have been. With the Giants starting rotation, anything can happen. We've seen that in the past. The dodgers have Kershaw and everybody else. Having Gonzales will give them a big boost, but they're still going to have a tough time winning games in the playoffs without a better starting rotation to back up Kershaw. If (big if) Lincecum can pull it together, the Giants will be in good shape.
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.