Hey Dodgers Fans

993,997 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Big C
ducky23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For today's daily dodgers update, the woofing gods took down the dodgers in a nail biter this afternoon at dodgers stadium. To early to tell of this is the beginning of a trend or a fluke victory for the woofing gods.
bonsallbear
Kershaw leaves after two with lower back pain and goes on 10 day DL. Dodgers walk off in10. Bellinger hits his 27th.
KoreAmBear
ducky23;842855533 said:

For today's daily dodgers update, the woofing gods took down the dodgers in a nail biter this afternoon at dodgers stadium. To early to tell of this is the beginning of a trend or a fluke victory for the woofing gods.

LOL woofing. That's just how you perceive it.

By the way, lost in all this is a Cal story. Cal alum Brandon Morrow has been a godsend in the bullpen (replacing the sucky Chris Hatcher) and still throwin gas (reached 100 mph yesterday). He has to monitor his diabetes every day, every outing. He is overcoming all his challenges, and has been very inspirational.
rathokan
good intel on the Brandon Morrow Cal connection. I had no idea.

This Bellinger kid is amazing. Just jacked another one to give us the lead. the previous pitch he fouled to deep right, exasperated that he had just missed the pitch. The play by play guys were asking if he or the pitcher would make the adjustment.

and i never want to see Chris Hatcher, Sergio Romo, Brian Wilson, or Jim Johnson ever throw a pitch for the Dodgers again.... 3/4 of the way there.
bonsallbear
rathokan;842855726 said:

This Bellinger kid is amazing. Just jacked another one to give us the lead. the previous pitch he fouled to deep right, exasperated that he had just missed the pitch. The play by play guys were asking if he or the pitcher would make the adjustment.

and i never want to see Chris Hatcher, Sergio Romo, Brian Wilson, or Jim Johnson ever throw a pitch for the Dodgers again.... 3/4 of the way there.

Add Grant Dayton to that list. Puig makes great running catch with two outs and the bases loaded.
82gradDLSdad
rathokan;842855726 said:

Poor Romo. There is a fine line between a slider and a cement-mixer slider. One gets hitters out and one gets the pitcher out, of baseball.
sycasey
82gradDLSdad;842855857 said:

Poor Romo. There is a fine line between a slider and a cement-mixer slider. One gets hitters out and one gets the pitcher out, of baseball.

Given that he was a 28th-round pick, he's done awfully well to have the career he's had. Can't last forever.
bonsallbear
Dodgers now up on both D backs and Rocs by 12.5 Will the Dodgers go after a starting pitcher now that Kershaw is on dl? Or will they weather the storm and wait for him to come back healthy? Verlander or Darvish might get them that WS ring.
82gradDLSdad
sycasey;842855863 said:

Given that he was a 28th-round pick, he's done awfully well to have the career he's had. Can't last forever.

I was going to add this. He did have a good career.
bonsallbear
Thrilling victory last night. Puig hits #19 and kisses his hitting coach. Turner hits walk off in bottom of the ninth.
sycasey
82gradDLSdad;842856105 said:

I was going to add this. He did have a good career.

Romo was also a legit good dude. Read here:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/09/26/giants-sergio-romo-inspired-a-teen-girl-to-keep-fighting/

I know this family personally, so I can assure you this story is no B.S.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842856525 said:

Romo was also a legit good dude. Read here:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/09/26/giants-sergio-romo-inspired-a-teen-girl-to-keep-fighting/

I know this family personally, so I can assure you this story is no B.S.

His attitude was awesome with the Dodgers. When he was a Giant, I totally hated him, and usually he would make our hitters look stupid. But then I loved the whole "his family [probably extended family and friends] grew up Dodger fans and still are" narrative. Dude was a great example. Good luck to you Sergio.
82gradDLSdad
KoreAmBear;842855612 said:

LOL woofing. That's just how you perceive it.

By the way, lost in all this is a Cal story. Cal alum Brandon Morrow has been a godsend in the bullpen (replacing the sucky Chris Hatcher) and still throwin gas (reached 100 mph yesterday). He has to monitor his diabetes every day, every outing. He is overcoming all his challenges, and has been very inspirational.

Morrow looks fantastic tonight. Lincecum certainly had the better career (he and Morrow came out the same year to each other's home town team) but the old pitching adage of 'big is better' certainly looks apt tonight. Morrow is throwing 100 with a wicked breaker to boot while Lincecum can't throw 90 anymore.
bonsallbear
Giants made it interesting. Alex Wood's 12th win courtesy of Seagers 2 home runs. Now up by13 over Ariz.
bonsallbear
Two down one more to go.
GB54
Eduardo Nunez hits two homers and knocks in winning run in Boston. He's already had a better career there than Sandoval.
BearDevil
GB54;842857387 said:

Eduardo Nunez hits two homers and knocks in winning run in Boston. He's already had a better career there than Sandoval.

Only Jupiter is bigger and has more rings than Panda. Nunez, Penguin, and OJ's pal Pedro Guerrero are all wannabes...
TheSouseFamily
I'm starting to think this just isn't the Giants' year.
GRRAAH
TheSouseFamily;842857517 said:

I'm starting to think this just isn't the Giants' year.

How many heroes can this team have? Kyle Farmer major league debut..battles back from 0-2...2 run walk off double. What dreams are made of!
bonsallbear
Rookie Kyle Farmer. First MLB at bat - walk off double in the 11th. Dodgers sweep. Ryu > Bumgarner. Dodger magic continues!!
chazzed
bonsallbear;842857526 said:

Ryu > Bumgarner.

Lol - well played.

If anybody would've told me that the Dodgers would be roughly 35 ahead of the Giants, my response would've been to get his/her head checked. What are the odds?
KoreAmBear
chazzed;842857615 said:

Lol - well played.

If anybody would've told me that the Dodgers would be roughly 35 ahead of the Giants, my response would've been to get his/her head checked. What are the odds?

They just got Darvish. Not sure if he's going to be good (he's struggled), but they're going for it.
TheSouseFamily
KoreAmBear;842857647 said:

They just got Darvish. Not sure if he's going to be good (he's struggled), but they're going for it.

And spared all of the top 5 prospects in he organization. Calhoun looks like a solid bat but it's a pretty modest package they gave away. At this point. I'm hesitant to do anything to change team chemistry and wouldn't have minded just standing pat, but Darvish is probably the only trade candidate worth mixing things up for.
82gradDLSdad
What do the Dodgers like to eat after a big win? Dodger info is fascinating.
GB54
82gradDLSdad;842857712 said:

What do the Dodgers like to eat after a big win? Dodger info is fascinating.

A Dodger Dog but you can't buy it in October
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842857651 said:

And spared all of the top 5 prospects in he organization. Calhoun looks like a solid bat but it's a pretty modest package they gave away. At this point. I'm hesitant to do anything to change team chemistry and wouldn't have minded just standing pat, but Darvish is probably the only trade candidate worth mixing things up for.

True. And we've found out in the playoffs that you need power arms to get you through. Guys like Maeda, Ricky Nolasco, Ryu (although he was pretty good 3 years ago), and even Hill to a degree (did OK last year but his 5 inning starts completely tax our bully), don't get you to the WS.
82gradDLSdad
GB54;842857716 said:

A Dodger Dog but you can't buy it in October

Their sell-by date is September 30.
GRRAAH
So, with Phillies win, Giants have worst record in baseball. What's the over/under on GB at the end? I'd say 50.
KoreAmBear
GRRAAH;842857972 said:

So, with Phillies win, Giants have worst record in baseball. What's the over/under on GB at the end? I'd say 50.

What's the record for GB between the Giants and Dodgers? 50 sounds good.
BearNecessities
KoreAmBear;842857978 said:

What's the record for GB between the Giants and Dodgers? 50 sounds good.

I thought people from LA didn't care about the rivalry
bonsallbear
BearNecessities;842858021 said:

I thought people from LA didn't care about the rivalry

You must be new. Bellinger hits his 29th. Dodgers have now racked up 9 straight wins for the third time. Only 4 other ML TEAMS HAVE WON 9 straight this season.
bonsallbear
50 GB would be a record that would never be broken
BearNecessities
bonsallbear;842858039 said:

50 GB would be a record that would never be broken

Wrong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worst_Major_League_Baseball_season_records
bonsallbear
If you are following the thread, we are talking Dodgers and Giants. The Dodgers will NEVER be 50 GB the Giants!!
BearNecessities
bonsallbear;842858052 said:

If you are following the thread, we are talking Dodgers and Giants. The Dodgers will NEVER be 50 GB the Giants!!

I see you've dropped the pretense of being just an excited fan who's not looking to trash talk. At least you're being honest about it now.
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.