Hey Dodgers Fans

993,532 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Uribe coming back soon = more firepower. Crawford will be out a while longer.
Bobodeluxe
[IMG]http://{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \ }[/IMG]
SoCalBear323
And Klay Thompson to the Lakers. Lmao.
93gobears
Meanwhile, the A's beat the Massholes 4-3 to improve their best-in-the-majors record to 46-28 using a pitcher acquired for one dollar.

Quote:

Flights from Las Vegas to Nashville to Oakland: $900.

Major-league uniform: $200.

Meal money: $99.

First big-league start since 2012: priceless.

Actually, $1.

Brad Mills pitched for the A's on Friday night and struck out the side in the first inning, capped by a curve that froze David Ortiz, but his high pitch count limited him to four innings in Oakland's 4-3 victory over the Red Sox before 28,602 at the Coliseum.

Crisp's hit in 8th gives A's a win.
1979bear
As a Giant hating Dodger fan, last night was a reminder that Bochy is streets ahead of Mattingly as a manager. You don't lose when you re up 5-1 and then 5-3 in the 9th.
ducky23
1979bear;842326843 said:

As a Giant hating Dodger fan, last night was a reminder that Bochy is streets ahead of Mattingly as a manager. You don't lose when you re up 5-1 and then 5-3 in the 9th.

Um. I'm as big of a giants fan there is.

But you just summed up the entire giants/colorado series.
sycasey
ducky23;842326847 said:

Um. I'm as big of a giants fan there is.

But you just summed up the entire giants/colorado series.

Yup, worst series of the year.

Though in fairness to Bochy, I blame that less on managing than on our usually good defense suddenly becoming the Keystone Kops.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842326851 said:

Yup, worst series of the year.

Though in fairness to Bochy, I blame that less on managing than on our usually good defense suddenly becoming the Keystone Kops.

It's all my fault.
93gobears
Don't mean to interrupt, but the A's still have the best record in baseball.

Quote:

They may have felt jobbed by the umpiring crew on Saturday, but the A's put that aside and added another win to their major-league best total.

Coco Crisp hit the first pitch he got from Boston closer Koji Uehara, who was just into the game, to right field to send in Alberto Callaspo from second base with one out in the 10th, giving Oakland a 2-1 win over the Red Sox. Callaspo was just the second A's player of the day to get past first base.

At 47-28, the A's are a season-high 19 games over .500 and they have the majors' top record. They've won five games in a row.

86Oski
Uh oh....

Unit2Sucks
I meant to post this a few hours ago, but I think Lincecum is going to throw a no-hitter today.
sycasey
Tim Lincecum says, "No hits for you!"

GMP
Hot god damn! Timmy!!!!!
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842327966 said:

Hot god damn! Timmy!!!!!

Congrats to Tiny Tim.
Unit2Sucks
Love it when a pitcher no hits a team and to add insult to injury gets on base 3 times and scores 2 runs. It's such a quirk of baseball that a guy who used to be dominant and won 2 cy youngs didn't start throwing no hitters until later in his career when he's basically a shell of his former self.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;842327968 said:

Love it when a pitcher no hits a team and to add insult to injury gets on base 3 times and scores 2 runs. It's such a quirk of baseball that a guy who used to be dominant and won 2 cy youngs didn't start throwing no hitters until later in his career when he's basically a shell of his former self.

Seems to happen a lot. Fernando got his no hitter late in his career when he wasn't the same guy with the nasty scroogie and was now glasses Fernando.
86Oski
My Far Side post this morning must have been good luck.

Sincerely,

The guy who was contemptuous of superstition when he gloated about the Giants' 9.5 game lead immediately prior to the team's June Swoon, but is having second thoughts now that something good happened
NYCGOBEARS
Oh. Hell. Yes!
beelzebear
Good for Timmy.

LAD are 3.5 games back. I still think they catch the San Paco Gigantes by the All-star break.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842328044 said:

Good for Timmy.

LAD are 3.5 games back. I still think they catch the San Paco Gigantes by the All-star break.

Kind of like what happened with the D-Backs last season. In any case, I think the 2nd place team in the West will get a wild card spot, which is bunk because it's just means a one-game playoff.
OldBlue1999
KoreAmBear;842328052 said:

In any case, I think the 2nd place team in the West will get a wild card spot, which is bunk because it's just means a one-game playoff.

I agree with you that the NL West runner-up will likely get a wildcard, but how will the 1 game playoff be a "bunk" result for them? The NL West is atrocious. The Giants and Dodgers both benefit hugely from playing a total of 57 games against the Rockies, Dbacks and Padres. If the second place NL West team gets a wildcard that will be why, not because they're a better team than the runner-up that misses the playoffs. Both are part of the game, but I know I'd rather play in a bad division and make a 1 game playoff than play in a harder one and miss the postseason altogether. The Giants are a perfect example why: both their WS wins are the result of good but not great teams getting hot at the right time and riding that streak to win it all. That's all that really matters, and both teams have a significant statistical advantage to having that opportunity this season.
beelzebear
June 27: Dodgers are now 2 back of the Giants. All-star break is about 18 days away.
YuSeeBerkeley
beelzebear;842328790 said:

June 27: Dodgers are now 2 back of the Giants. All-star break is about 18 days away.

Does anyone here have mlb.tv and willing to temporarily share your username and password? I've been racking my brain on a fix to watch the Dodgers but wanted to verify something before purchasing it.
beelzebear
YuSeeBerkeley;842328860 said:

Does anyone here have mlb.tv and willing to temporarily share your username and password? I've been racking my brain on a fix to watch the Dodgers but wanted to verify something before purchasing it.

Do searches for VIPBox or Firstrow, and get a pop-up blocker. It's not the best quality and it can cut out...but it's free. I mostly listen if Vin is announcing and don't worry too much about the visual. It's quite amazing to still hear him do games...it's like I could be 15 again listening to a game on a summer evening.
YuSeeBerkeley
beelzebear;842328864 said:

Do searches for VIPBox or Firstrow, and get a pop-up blocker. It's not the best quality and it can cut out...but it's free. I mostly listen if Vin is announcing and don't worry too much about the visual. It's quite amazing to still hear him do games...it's like I could be 15 again listening to a game on a summer evening.

Can you watch either of those on an iPad or Android device?
beelzebear
YuSeeBerkeley;842328945 said:

Can you watch either of those on an iPad or Android device?

I don't know. I'd guess NO on an iPad.
bonsallbear
Better check that rear view mirror.............1 game back with Kersh going tomorrow. And Uribe is back.

GO DODGERS
OldBlue1999
Ok so just out of boredom I've tuned in to the Giants game in the 9th last night and today. Last night when I started watching the Giants had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 out in the bottom of the 9th with the game tied. Today the Reds were just coming up to bat.

How much will Giant fans pay me to stop doing it, and how much will Dodgers fans pay me to keep it up? Start the bidding.
beelzebear
We don't need no stinking agitators...because the Gigantes just completed their annual June Swoon aka the crapping of their pants.

BTW, the Dodgers caught the Gigantes today, and they're tied for first in the NL West.

I called All-star break but hey, so the men in blue are a couple of weeks early!

Go Big Blue!
SigOtherIsATrojan
NYCGOBEARS;842320829 said:

'Sup Doyers fans?

Hey, what's going on? 9.5 game made up in 3 weeks. I love regression.

I want to combine your post with the Guppies fan who was talking smack in the NHL thread.
sycasey
This has been the most depressing run of Giants baseball I've seen in a long while.

I blame you, NYCGOBEARS.

EDIT: That said, the "June Swoon" thing is a myth. The Giants have had about as many good Junes as bad ones since moving to San Francisco. People just remember the bad ones more, and it also rhymes.

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2014/6/27/5850118/san-francisco-giants-june-swoon
OldBlue1999
I'm curious about something I saw during those last 2 games:

Last night Boche intentionally walked the bases loaded with no outs, then intentionally walked another guy later in the inning but I can't remember the situation exactly. I thought both were crazy but certainly the first walk. Obviously it didn't work out and contributed to a big inning. Then today with first base open he didn't walk the guy who homered last night (forget his name), and he hit a sac fly that started their scoring.

So I'm curious why the inconsistency? Is it just a matter of second guessing the night before or is this typical of Boche? Just seems like both situations he did the opposite of what I'd expect. Was the first guy he walked last night a big rbi guy? I thought for sure he would walk the guy today. Curious.
beelzebear
sycasey;842329484 said:

EDIT: That said, the "June Swoon" thing is a myth. The Giants have had about as many good Junes as bad ones since moving to San Francisco. People just remember the bad ones more, and it also rhymes.

Two years in a row isn't a myth. 9-17 last June. 10-17 this June.

One more season and it's a pattern. June Gloom.
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842328038 said:

Oh. Hell. Yes!

You said it my boy! 9.5 games in exactly 3 weeks!!
YuSeeBerkeley
beelzebear;842325802 said:

It's a long freakin' season. I think the Dodgers catch the Giants by the All-star break.

Nothing like opposite directions. Dodgers are 7-3 in the last 10, Giants are 3-7.

Good call. I'm sure had things gone the other way, these spiteful Giants fans would've ridiculed you mercilessly, so take a bow and gloat with glee.
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.