Hey Dodgers Fans

983,199 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
goldenokiebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842386765 said:

Other than the game, did you have fun?

Absolutely (despite the UW game)! The Australian was great, lots of good Cal fans.
Cal Panda Bear
NYCGOBEARS;842386733 said:

Bumgarner > Kershaw

*CHOKErshaw
KoreAmBear
Cal Panda Bear;842387048 said:

*CHOKErshaw

This thread continues to make me cry. Actually if the Dodgers had any kind of bully, 7 innings of dominance should have been enough in both meltdown situations. Instead we carried Baez, Elbert, Wilson, League, had a guys like Chris Perez as another option, etc. All shaky. This is why Ned was fired, errrrr, moved.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842387124 said:

This thread continues to make me cry. Actually if the Dodgers had any kind of bully, 7 innings of dominance should have been enough in both meltdown situations. Instead we carried Baez, Elbert, Wilson, League, had a guys like Chris Perez as another option, etc. All shaky. This is why Ned was fired, errrrr, moved.

KAB,
You're a good Bear. If you weren't a Dodgers fan, I'd sympathize with you. Really, I would.

As such, I am gleeful and could not be happier. Suck it Doyers!

BTW, Graahh won't return my texts all of a sudden.
okaydo
SMH

2ndTrumpetBear
sycasey
Man, that must be what it's like to watch the Dodger bullpen blow up a game.

Even so, I'll take the road split. Hopefully that's the end of the Hunter Strickland experiment.
2ndTrumpetBear
sycasey;842387433 said:

Man, that must be what it's like to watch the Dodger bullpen blow up a game.

Stellar comeback!!! :rollinglaugh:
FrankBear21
We took one on the road and now they have to come back and play National league ball without one of their best hitters.

Hudson has been waiting his whole career for this and Vogelsong wants to make up from last game. I like our chances to win these next two.

After that... It is Bumgarner. And even if we lose that one, they still have to beat us twice back in KC for 3 wins in a row.

I'm feeling pretty confident as a giants fan. It was one inning that costed the giants.
GB54
Let's face it, relying on Jake Peavey to stifle an American League team-even the Royals-is a tall order. He gave them five which was about right but he's no Matt Cain. The Giants starting rotation is not equal to that of previous champions but, the Royals starting pitching doesn't look that daunting either.
KoreAmBear
Oh Giant fans... (NSFW: language)

[video=youtube;0eMNeMOTwdg][/video]

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/Should-young-pitchers-throw-curveballs.html
GB54
Wow, what are the chances she is reassigned for "diversity training."?
beelzebear
KoreAmBear;842387461 said:

Oh Giant fans... (NSFW: language)

[video=youtube;0eMNeMOTwdg][/video]

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/Should-young-pitchers-throw-curveballs.html

Definitely a SF jinx.

SF has a Chinese American mayor and yet you get this stuff, very, very bad karma.
egbear82
A "wobbly" Peavy is still better than Machi :-( Machi looked scared to even be in there--he's been awful in the second half..both machi and Stirckland should sit the rest of the series, especially if Timmy isn't injured.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842387477 said:

Definitely a SF jinx.

SF has a Chinese American mayor and yet you get this stuff, very, very bad karma.

I see what you did there dogg, LOL.
sycasey
beelzebear;842387477 said:

Definitely a SF jinx.

If you watch until the middle of the video, she says she's from L.A.

So it all makes sense now.
beelzebear
sycasey;842387488 said:

If you watch until the middle of the video, she says she's from L.A.

So it all makes sense now.

Bad karma is bad karma. No two ways around it.

Most liberal city in the county and they can't protect their own rolling up to a WS? Bad karma.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842387495 said:

Most liberal city in the county and they can't protect their own rolling up to a WS? Bad karma.

I have to agree with beelzebear on this one.
sycasey
beelzebear;842387495 said:

I don't even know what this means.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842387513 said:

Precisely.
beelzebear
sycasey;842387513 said:

Those who know don't say. Those who say don't know.
sycasey
beelzebear;842387520 said:

Those who know don't say. Those who say don't know.

beelzebear
sycasey;842387589 said:

Unit2Sucks
GB54;842387451 said:

Let's face it, relying on Jake Peavey to stifle an American League team-even the Royals-is a tall order. He gave them five which was about right but he's no Matt Cain. The Giants starting rotation is not equal to that of previous champions but, the Royals starting pitching doesn't look that daunting either.

Peavy gave a great effort all things considered and as soon as Machi went in I thought the game was over. I feel good because the Giants have a great shot to win the series, but our pitching is clearly a few steps below what we had in 2010 and 2012 (don't get Giants fans talking about 2011 which but for Posey's broken ankle and Beltran's situation really should have been the best Giants team in this era). If we win the WS this year with this group of guys, it's a testament to their ability to overcome the odds and perform when it matters and I guess also a testament to the fact that the Royals have 3 great relievers and otherwise are just another playoff team. This is the first series in the playoffs where I think we're actually the better team, so given how the playoffs have tended to work, the Giants probably have their lowest chance of winning.

If we lose the series, this team should still be proud of what they accomplished. If I understand what the dodgers fans say, winning the pennant is not as good as winning the NL west, having the GOAT melt down twice and losing a series to the Cardinals, but it's still not a bad season for us Giants fans right?
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842387665 said:

Peavy gave a great effort all things considered and as soon as Machi went in I thought the game was over.

Yup. Here's hoping Bochy buries him and Strickland deep on the bench and uses Petit more.
Cal Panda Bear
We still in this!
LethalFang
Cal Panda Bear;842389913 said:

We still in this!

Vogelsong got Kershaw'ed in the 3rd inning, but we got through it.
Adrian The Cal Bear
Petit is going to be special for the Giants one day. Guy has been amazing.
sycasey
LethalFang;842389918 said:

Vogelsong got Kershaw'ed in the 3rd inning, but we got through it.

Defense let him down. Belt made a high throw so they couldn't get the double play. Panik was out of position on a good throw that would have nailed a runner trying to steal. And yeah, Vogelsong screwed himself with not being able to find first base on what would have been the last out of the inning.
NYCGOBEARS
Forget Kershaw. Bumgarner > Koufax
Bobodeluxe
Are you an anti-Semite now?

😉
NYCGOBEARS
Bobodeluxe;842390353 said:

Are you an anti-Semite now?

😉

Lol. Nope. I am anti Dodgers.
Unit2Sucks
Enjoying the scene at AT&T. What a great era for Giants fans.
egbear82
Just left the ball park,,,what a magical night with another MadBum gem! It's sad to say goodbye to ATT until next year,,,
sycasey
Boy, it's nice to have an ace who actually comes through in the postseason.
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.