Hey Dodgers Fans

995,801 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
Ncsf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beelzebear;842674986 said:

Cubbies are favored by many pundits. I say let Chitown have its fun until the Cubbies crap the bed...again.

If they do pull it out and win it all...man, look out NYY fans and BoSox fans...you will be challenged for the douchiest fans in the world. Boston went from lovable losers to Yankee asshats to the power of 9.

Why are they going to crap the bed? They had a great run with a bunch of rookies. They have the best GM in the game, the second best manager, a Cy Young guy, and the best lineup in the game with amazing firepower with most of them under 27 years old.

You just can't say that they are not good because they have lost all these years. They have put together a great organization that will spend money to win.
goldenokiebear
GRRAAH;842674792 said:

25-0 for the Boys in Blue!! Next sweep begins tomorrow.

Go Dodgers!!

Not unless they score 6 or more in the 9th....
beelzebear
Ncsf;842675046 said:

Why are they going to crap the bed? They had a great run with a bunch of rookies. They have the best GM in the game, the second best manager, a Cy Young guy, and the best lineup in the game with amazing firepower with most of them under 27 years old.

You just can't say that they are not good because they have lost all these years. They have put together a great organization that will spend money to win.

Chicago doesn't just have a monkey on their back...but a goat curse that has crawled up their collective butts and infected their brains.

Okay, okay...they could well win it all and have put together a good team, and Theo Epstein pulled it off with Boston...but the curse has psyched them out. So we'll see what happens.
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH is preparing hate texts for me as I type this. Go Giants!
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842675132 said:

GRRAAH is preparing hate texts for me as I type this. Go Giants!

Fudge. Giants own the Doyers at AT&T. Doyers bullpen is still a problem. Good job Friedman for shoring it up!

This thread takes almost as much time to load as the Monster Class thread.
beelzebear
Meh, long season, it's early and the Giants were at home.

Also Dodgers have 10 guys on the DL.
Ncsf
beelzebear;842675131 said:

Chicago doesn't just have a monkey on their back...but a goat curse that has crawled up their collective butts and infected their brains.

Okay, okay...they could well win it all and have put together a good team, and Theo Epstein pulled it off with Boston...but the curse has psyched them out. So we'll see what happens.

I cannot argue with that line of thinking
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842675145 said:

And the Dodgers were up 4-0. Same back of rotation and bully issues could mess them up again.
Ncsf
KoreAmBear;842675188 said:

And the Dodgers were up 4-0. Same back of rotation and bully issues could mess them up again.

Bully issues?
NYCGOBEARS
Ncsf;842675192 said:

Bully issues?

Crappy bullpen.
Ncsf
NYCGOBEARS;842675197 said:

Crappy bullpen.

Thank god! That's how conditioned I've gotten with PC stuff. Did you grow up in Cali or NYC? Trivia- How did the Mets get their colors?
NYCGOBEARS
Ncsf;842675211 said:

Thank god! That's how conditioned I've gotten with PC stuff. Did you grow up in Cali or NYC? Trivia- How did the Mets get their colors?

I'm from Nor Cal. Lifelong Giants fan. Dad was a New Yorker and a NY Giants fan. Worked out well. Metropolitans got orange from the departed Giants and blue from the Dodgers.
Ncsf
NYCGOBEARS;842675215 said:

I'm from Nor Cal. Lifelong Giants fan. Dad was a New Yorker and a NY Giants fan. Worked out well. Metropolitans got orange from the departed Giants and blue from the Dodgers.

Great knowledge. What are they saying about the Mets? Their lineup is not great IMO. I can see the Nats pushing them hard. The Mets are like the Giants, built for a short series. Their power arms are big in the playoffs.
stanfurdbites
beelzebear;842675145 said:

Looks like excuses are at peak season form already
beelzebear
stanfurdbites;842675345 said:

Looks like excuses are at peak season form already

And yet I will always have great memories as a kid and winning baseball. Winning and listening to Vin as a kid was great.

How were them Kingman and LeMaster Giants? Or those Barry Bighead Giants? Did they ever get that guy for cheating and all those enhanced HRs? Did his famous Godfather disown him yet?
Ncsf
beelzebear;842675370 said:

And yet I will always have great memories as a kid and winning baseball. Winning and listening to Vin as a kid was great.

How were them Kingman and LeMaster Giants? Or those Barry Bighead Giants? Did they ever get that guy for cheating and all those enhanced HRs? Did his famous Godfather disown him yet?

The best matchup I can remember was Bonds vs Eric Gagne. Three consecutive pitches at 99, 100, and 101. The last pitch left the yard straight away center and got no higher than 20'. Gagne was a huge juicer who was average before and after while Bonds was always great. Glass houses throwing stones.
sycasey

Unit2Sucks
Since people want to talk about Bonds, let's talk about what kind of roids he must be on to beat Giancarlo Stanton in a batting practice HR contest.

Barry Bonds just beat the Marlins players on a back field HR BP contest. Including Stanton.
— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) March 16, 2016

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25519085/barry-bonds-beat-giancarlo-stanton-and-other-marlins-in-a-hr-derby
NYCGOBEARS

Glad you had such a magical childhood. You keep holding on to that.
going4roses
NYCGOBEARS;842675442 said:

Glad you had such a magical childhood. You keep holding on to that.

Tight
GB54

You must still get a lump in your throat when they raise the NL West champions flag
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842675489 said:

You must still get a lump in your throat when they raise the NL West champions flag

That's some cold blooded OG sht right there. GB54 kick that azz in the dozens.
BeggarEd
Hahahahaha... No words for how perfect that win just was.
MinotStateBeav
Just checked out ESPN...immediately came here.......pretty sure there is some heavy drinking going on tonight in Chavez Ravine ;p
LethalFang
MinotStateBeav;842675636 said:

Just checked out ESPN...immediately came here.......pretty sure there is some heavy drinking going on tonight in Chavez Ravine ;p

Isn't pitch count limit beautiful? LOL.
bar20
MinotStateBeav;842675636 said:

That must have been something pretty special since the game was played in SF.
NYCGOBEARS
I actually feel for Stripling. Unbelievable performance and great story. Kid was incredible in his debut. Roberts made the right and very hard decision though.
MinotStateBeav
bar20;842675649 said:

That must have been something pretty special since the game was played in SF.

Ya and....nevermind..I won't explain it to you.
joe amos yaks
Rookie Stripling pitched a great no hit 7.3 innings, coming back from Tommy John and his first major league game with family in attendance. Great game. All the best to him.

The G's couldn't touch him. I understand going by the pitch count (100) limit, especially under the wet conditions, and after the walk. Then rookie C Brown---who had looked bad at the plate all evening---launched closer P Hatcher's fast ball, and then Crawford took Blanton deep for the win.

Stripling doesn't get a decision, just a footnote and one ER. Hatcher gets miffed, and Coach Roberts gets tossed. Blanton gets the loss. P Casilla gets the win. G's get a win on 2 hits (HRs off Hatcher and Blanton). LA gets 2 runs on 9 hits with great pitching (from Stripling) and fielding plus a loss.
rathokan
NYCGOBEARS;842675651 said:

I actually feel for Stripling. Unbelievable performance and great story. Kid was incredible in his debut. Roberts made the right and very hard decision though.

that was crazy how the home crowd started booing when Stripling was pulled. I, too, wanted to see him go all the way, but you can't fault the staff for pulling him given his injury history and that this was his first start. Nice to see that the kid had some good stuff and was good in the moment. Looking forward to his next outing.

nice comeback win today... kind of mirrors the game yesterday. I think the Dodgers were 1-13 RISP with their two runs coming on an error and a hit batter.
NYCGOBEARS
rathokan;842675800 said:

that was crazy how the home crowd started booing when Stripling was pulled. I, too, wanted to see him go all the way, but you can't fault the staff for pulling him given his injury history and that this was his first start. Nice to see that the kid had some good stuff and was good in the moment. Looking forward to his next outing.

nice comeback win today... kind of mirrors the game yesterday. I think the Dodgers were 1-13 RISP with their two runs coming on an error and a hit batter.

What a series thus far! Mad Bum and Kershaw get no decisions and the bad guys pull it off in the tenth. It's been entertaining baseball, that's for sure. Great way to kick off the season.
BearDevil
What's going on with Belt's deal? Like the guy, but length of the deal seems a little long, especially if Buster moves to first base. Buster & Belt now both signed through 2021. Good news is that Buster may catch longer than previously anticipated, bad news is that Belt will too expensive as a back up first baseman/outfielder then.
MinotStateBeav
BearDevil;842675889 said:

What's going on with Belt's deal? Like the guy, but length of the deal seems a little long, especially if Buster moves to first base. Buster & Belt now both signed through 2021. Good news is that Buster may catch longer than previously anticipated, bad news is that Belt will too expensive as a back up first baseman/outfielder then.

Let's be honest..if Posey moves to 1B..they can stash belt in Left lol. Every team does that.
beelzebear
Cueto just gave up 5 runs in the first inning. Yeah, he's worth $130m guaranteed.
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842675971 said:

Cueto just gave up 5 runs in the first inning. Yeah, he's worth $130m guaranteed.

You like apples?
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.